GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER 2 - FANGS OF WAR

Roll 20

LOOT!


2,851 to 2,900 of 3,046 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Crazy busy for a few days--sorry for slow posting.

Thael is glad to have Emil and Selde helping so much in the wilderness. He is still feeling grumpy about recent happenings, but tries to set aside interpersonal conflict to focus on the problems at hand.

"It seems even the rangers have struggled against this horde. Be careful of an ambush as we near the body."


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Catching up on backlog of posts (all OOC):

GM ShadowLord wrote:
Oooooh. Yeah, I see where the confusion is. That was her sister Miaya. You didn’t rescue her from town and she died at the the hands of the hobgoblins. Terrible tragedy really. I must have mixed up the descriptions. Whoops, my bad.”

LOL! (Just catching up now; and I'm really enjoying the role-play, even when I'm not as involved. You guys are killing it (and not in the way Caspan kills things). I think Mia's reaction feels real and it's interesting to see whether she really is interested in Selde or just interested in ... attention/feeling alive/whatever. I think Thael's slowness being misinterpreted feels very real to me. I'm also amused that no one bothered to point out to Caspan that the group does actually have a real ass-mar among its number.

Caspan shrugs at Thael's comments.

"Yeah, probably a whole bunch of hobs, or even just regular ol' gobs, here, waiting to jump on us," he says in a tone of voice that makes it clear he doesn't think there's any such thing. "They're just hoping a whole group of idiots from Phaendar will ambulance on by after leaving their nice, safe cave, and see a body and go investigate. Or they killed this one and left it, just like those other three."

He shakes his head and heads toward the body to see if it might have anything that can help them.

I'm assuming since the Boss Man rolled Perception I didn't see anything, so no reason he wouldn't approach. I'm pretty sure there won't be any gobs who rolled a higher initiative than most of us. Even if there are, gobs are probably PCs now. :)


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8
GM ShadowLord wrote:

Abby listens attentively to Emil's story, smiling and laughing in different parts of the story. She claps at the part when Missy gets what's coming to her, shaking her head and slapping her knee. When he finishes, Aurbin leans forward towards when he is sitting and puts her hands together in front of her. "That was fantastic, thank you."

"You're a fantastic storyteller Emil. With my seeing days behind me and I'm missing a leg, words are all that I have these days. Clinging on to descriptions and tonal inclinations instead. Thank you for sharing with me."

"I'm glad ya liked it. I really do appreciate yer presence. As the oldest here an' a spiritual leader, people have been expectin' a lot o' me. I've had to learn a new set of skills I never cared about before. You're much better than I an' I've bin trying ta learn from your 'xample. So thanks."

"By the way, one o' the side effects of this adventure is that I'm finding I'm learning new ways ta draw of Erastil's power, like seein' what's happening along a river or gettin' infermation about the land. I'm also gettin' ideas on how to do more than jus' heal cuts and bruises. I think I might be able to restore yer sight. I don't want ya ta get yer hopes too high, coz I've never tried it before, but after I rest tonight, I'll see if Erastil can illumine my meditation time with a spell to help. It's worth a try at least."

GM ShadowLord wrote:
Emil returns to the spot of the fallen ranger and asks for directions to the nearest active Chernasardo fort. The reply is cryptic and short "The fort is north." Emil gets a second question.

Emil asks, "If yer travelin' on foot, an bein' stealthy, how long would it take a healthy person to reach the fort from where you were last?"

GM ShadowLord wrote:
After about two hours of travel, the party is walking through a section of forest which splits into numerous trails, all of which look recent. Laying in the center of one of the trail about 50' away is a prone humanoid body wearing a Chernasardo ranger cloak.

Emil prepares to cast entangle if an ambush starts.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)
Thael Silverstep wrote:

Crazy busy for a few days--sorry for slow posting.

Thael is glad to have Emil and Selde helping so much in the wilderness. He is still feeling grumpy about recent happenings, but tries to set aside interpersonal conflict to focus on the problems at hand.

"It seems even the rangers have struggled against this horde. Be careful of an ambush as we near the body."

"Agreed." Selde said softly before veering off with Nur.

Selde will circle around the area.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Emil's words catch Abby's attention. She chuckles and nods to Emil "I've been told before, that it could be healed. I went to see a healer when it happened and they told me it was a waste of their time and it was useless. I've come to accept it, that I can't see. I appreciate your concern, and your thoughts Emil. You are a good man and your words help inspire confidence in all of us here. Thank you."

She sighs softly to herself, turning away from him so that he can't see the sad look on her face.

* * * *

Look at you overly-cautious bunch of survivors! It's like you expect them to just leap out of the trees or something! Are you playing where you shouldn't be playing? Hmmm?

Selde and Nur start to make a wide circle around the area and Caspan makes towards the fallen body, Emil preparing a spell if trouble appears.

Caspan approaches the blood-stained clothes of the ranger laying on the ground, kneeling beside it to take a closer look. As he flips it over however, he quickly realizes something isn't right. Turning the "body" over reveals that the ranger's clothes have been stuffed with leaves, sticks and other brush. The "body" quickly falls apart just as an arrow whistles from the north and embeds itself into the body of the fallen false ranger he's holding.

Attack Caspan: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 = 12

About 200' away a figure drops out of a tree, landing on the ground in a crouch, a bow in its hands. It's so far away it's difficult to pick out features, but the outfit it's wearing looks strikingly like a ranger's outfit.

Because of the large distance, I'm hesitant to throw together a 300' map. Let's run this theater of the mind initially and if we close within range I'll put a map up. Everyone is 200' away except Selde who we'll put at 100' SE of the archer. Let me know how you want to proceed.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"Hey!" Caspan yells. "Damn rangers tried to shoot me!"

He starts loping toward them, pulling out his bola. Move action to move closer (30 feet); standard action to get Weapon Proficiency with my string-nuts thanks to martial flexibility


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

”Hey, that arrow could have hurt someone,” Wren yells at the archer. ”If you can’t tell, dummy, we aren’t hobgoblins! We are looking for the rangers,” she calls out, but sure if the culprit could hear her from this range.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Just to clarify, it's just one hooded and cloaked figure off in the distance. I assume you are running towards it and not back to your group Caspan?

The figure doesn't respond to Wren, instead pulling out another arrow from its quiver and prepares to fire again.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Wondering if the hobgoblins could be so clever as to disguise themselves as rangers, Emil decides it unlikely and calls out. "We've bin trackin' some hobgoblins what killed three Chernasardo rangers yesterday. We buried their bodies but we have some o' their personal belonging'. 'Haps you'd like ta identify 'em. We're refugees from Phaendar. Care ta parlay?"


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

When Jillian sees an arrow fly at Caspan she pulls out her blade and starts to run behind Caspan to go provide assistance.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

When the hooded figure reaches for another arrow, Selde reached for her own while spurring Nur forward.

Move action Study Target, Standard Action attack the figure. Single move action from Nur.

C. Longbow; ST: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18
Arrow; ST: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 10


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Seldes arrows finds its mark, piercing the upper chest of the archer. Ignoring Emil's words, he fires off another shot at Caspan and then turns and starts running away you to the north. The shot was poorly aimed and hurries and it doesn't come close to Caspan, sailing over head behind him and embedding itself into the ground.

The archer starts hightailing it to the north, running away from you as fast as he can.

Emil, Thael and Wren still have actions this round, so just double up for the next. Everyone else go again for round two.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

When Jillian sees the hooded archer start to run she stops knowing there is no way she will catch up with them being so far away to start. She calls out to Caspan "Let them go, we won't catch them that far off and we don't want to leave the others unprotected."

Assuming the others give up the chase she will note "Let's see if there are any clues as to who or what that was."

Recommend us checking the fake body and the location the archer was for any signs of anything to gives us an idea on who or what attacked.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Sorry, that was correct; running toward the archer. But looks like it doesn't matter.

Caspan growls in frustration, but pulls up to a stop as he realizes Jillian was probably right. He kicks at the dirt as he walks back toward the others, keeping an eye out for more archers.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

”You all know that could have been a Ranger, don’t you? Judging from seeing their friends murdered back there, I bet they are on edge just like we are. If we aren’t under severe threat, it might be worth our time to try extra hard to parley with them. Just in case they are the rangers we are looking for,” Wren suggests to the others.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian nods "I agree, but whoever it was didn't seem to ease up to your or Emil's words."


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde briefly considered chasing after the figure but soon fell back. It might be a trap, and it wouldn't do to get separated. "This might have been a lure for a larger ambush." Selde said softly as she rode up to the others, her eyes scanning the terrain for any signs of danger.

Perception; Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Both Caspan and Selde take note that about 150' ahead of you there is movement up in the trees on either side of the creature that runs north past them.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"Yeah, there's something else there," Caspan notes. "Let's go get teach them a lesson. All the rest of you, try to hide."

He rolls his eyes as he realizes they're about to go into an ambush with a couple dozen people following them. It's not something they can just avoid now. Though we can buff


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Emil casts entangle on the area the archer runs into. He follows this up with Plant Growth to include the area with the entangle and the area where the new activity can be seen. "If ya be rangers, we aren't enemies of yorn, so let's talk afore we try to puncture each other," he yells as he starts trotting after the others.

Emil will use the option of a 150' radius semi-circle for the plant growth, with the flat side along the perimeter of where the archer and the other movements can be seen. Plant Growth DC is 19, Entangle DC is 17.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael isn't sure what to do.

"I see no reason for the hobgoblins to dress up as rangers, except perhaps to ambush our group. It seems the ranger may be confused as to our identity or intentions," he says.

No combat actions for now


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian calls out as the group approaches "Lay down your weapons so we can talk!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde patted Nur's neck to calm both herself and the elk. With the rest of the group not far behind, the encounter carried a great deal of stress. Selde's concern for Mia pulled at her normally calm composure before combat. Attempting to keep her breath steady, Selde waiting for a response to Jillian's words.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The three creatures drop from the trees up head, caught up in the plant overgrowth but not entangled. The one who is running away slides to a skidding halt, getting tangled in the mess of growth all around. Turning around and shouting something in what appears to be goblin-tongue to the other three creatures up ahead. Drawing their bows, they all begin to fire on the party.

Ok NOW we have a map. You may need to zoom out a bit. I was hoping to get it a little closer, but you guys are all fancypants with your perceptions.

R1: Party is up!

GM:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"Stupid rangers!" Caspan yells and begins rushing back in their direction. How far are we from them? I'm assuming still about 200 feet, so I'll move 60 feet closer.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren casts Bless on the group, as it appears combat is imminent, as much as she tried to avoid it.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian busts into a sprint when she hears them talking in goblin as she calls back to the others "They aren't rangers!"

Full Round to Run toward the fight 120ft, with her blade in hand. AC 17 for the round.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

"The potion!" Selde called out as she loosed arrows at the hobgoblin who had run.

Full attack on Hobgoblin who ran and lured us, move action from Nur.

C. Longbow; 1 Range Increment, ST, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 11
Arrow; ST: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11

C. Longbow; 1 Range Increment, ST, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 21
Arrow; ST: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael doesn't rush forward as quickly as Jillian, but does follow after the others.

I question the wisdom of rushing ahead alone. There could be more in the trees. But she is brave.

Double move


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Emil keeps trotting closer, pausing only to gesture as if drawing an arrow, calling out "Erastil's Wrath be Upon Thee," and touching his holy symbol. A bow with an arrow nocked appears, made of gleaming yellow green force, close to the hobgoblin northeast of Jillian. The arrow draws back and shoots forth.

Spiritual Weapon firing at magenta HG.
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Force Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Pila trots by his side, waiting for the signal to attack.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Selde's first arrow misses, but the second one finds its mark in the creature she had previously injured. Emil follows up with a shot from his spiritual weapon, further injuring the creature. With three different injuries the fleeing archer is badly wounded, but still keeps his feet.

All four creatures take aim with their longbows, each firing back arrow arrows at the advancing party. As the volley of projectiles lands on the party, it's quite clear these marksman are more trained than what you are previously used to dealing with. Seven of the eight arrows hit their targets, inflicting various injuries to Selde, Caspan and Jilian.

Attack Selde: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Attack Selde: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Attack Caspan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Attack Caspan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Attack Caspan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Attack Jillian: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Attack Jillian: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Attack Jillian: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

After their shots at the group they struggle to maintain their footing in the overgrown foliage, all but one getting entangled in the mess.

Emil can you put your plant growth marker so the advancing party understands to stop when they get to it?

R2: Party up!

GM:

Entangle: 4d20 ⇒ (7, 1, 9, 15) = 32


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian gets peppered with arrows as she advances, one in her thigh, her shoulder and her left arm. She glares at the closest foe and continues to advance.

She pulls the first arrow, the worst of the three out of her thigh and touches the wound briefly.

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

It heals over immediately, looking like there hadn't even been an arrow their in the first place. She levels her blade and charges ahead (assuming it doesn't put her in the entanglement)

Attack, PA, FF, Bless, Charge: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 31
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 + 6 = 16
Confirm: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 30
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + 6 = 13

Status:

HP: 37/43
AC: 17 (19 Base, -2 Charge)
Lay on Hands: [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Smite Evil: [ ] [ ]
Spell-like Ability: Alter Self [ ]
Level 1 Spells: Protection from Evil [ ] [ ]


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde was able to jerk her head to the side to avoid one of the arrows, its edge only grazing her cheek. The other arrow got buried in her tunic and new spider-silk bodysuit. As Selde pulled the arrow free, she saw blood dripping from it's tip. Wasting no time thinking about the pain, Selde continued to loose arrows of her own.

Full attack same Hobgoblin, move action from Nur. If there is any sort of cover Selde will steer Nur towards it.

C. Longbow; ST, Rapid Shot, Bless: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 19
Arrow; ST: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

C. Longbow; ST, Rapid Shot, Bless: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 14
Arrow; ST: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Status:

HP 45/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: Weapon Proficiency - bolas; bless

Caspan grunts as the arrows hit him, but continues running forward toward the archers. Move 60 feet; I updated my spot on the map.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael continues the rush forward, remaining just behind Caspan as he tries to get in range of his spells.

He winces as the group takes serious damage from the enemy arrows.

Also double move


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren will double move forward as well, closing distance with the ambushers.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I had been holding so Emil could mark the map, but I want to keep it moving so I just guessed.

Emil Thael, Wren and Caspan continue to huff forward in double time, trying to close the gap on the archers ahead.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Force Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Emil's spiritual weapon blasts one of the entangled archers.

Selde's first arrow hits the mark, but her second gets caught up in Emil's plants and misses.

Jillian charges ahead and takes stock of the archer on the edge of Emil's overgrown jungle. Finishing her charge into the rough area, she buries her tremendous sword through the center of the chest of the fleeing creature. Her blade bursts out the other side of his chest, impaling him on her blade. As she pulls her blade out, a dead hobgoblin dressed in ranger's attire falls to her feet.

Jillian is in the affected area. Plant Growth DC is 19, Entangle DC is 17.

Three archers remain, two firing on Jillian and one at Caspan. Each target takes one Arrow in the chest. Jillian Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8 Caspan Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

The three archers struggle against the overgrown plants and fail to break free once again.

R3: Party up!

GM:

Attack: Entangled: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 4 = 8
Attack: Entangled: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 4 = 22

Attack: Entangled: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 4 = 8
Attack: Entangled: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 4 = 7

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 84 ⇒ (6) + 84 = 90

3d20 ⇒ (6, 5, 8) = 19


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren moves forward yet again, and this time fires a magic missile, and three tiny thorns of light fly out from her palm toward the enemy on the far right of the map.

Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) + 3 = 12


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

As the vines wrap around her feet and make it difficult to move she tries to break free but she can not. She calls back to Emil "Maybe get rid of these vines?"

She will reach down and pull out the other arrow and heal the wound.

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

With Jillian cutting down the fleeing hobgoblin, Selde took aim at the archer in the rear.

Move action study target, standard action attack Red Hobgoblin. Move action Nur.

C. Longbow; ST, Bless: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 28
Arrow; ST: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael decides to put the metamagic rod he had purchased from the traders to use. Drawing it, he casts magic missile, each one traveling to strike a different foe.

"This may even the odds!" he exclaims.

magic missile white: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
trip: 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 6 = 21
magic missile red: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
trip: 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 6 = 29
magic missile blue: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
trip: 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 6 = 26

[spoiler=toppling]The impact of your force spell is strong enough to knock the target prone. If the target takes damage, fails its saving throw, or is moved by your force spell, make a trip check against the target, using your caster level plus your casting ability score bonus (Wisdom for clerics, Intelligence for wizards, and so on). This does not provoke an attack of opportunity. If the check fails, the target cannot attempt to trip you or the force effect in response.[spoiler]


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 41/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: Weapon Proficiency - bolas; bless

Caspan rushes ever closer and throws his bola at the nearest of the archers -- only to send them deep into the foliage.

Move 30 feet closer
Bolas: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Wren's missiles strike the hobgoblin the far east which is quickly followed up by Thael's three missiles. Each missile strikes the hobgoblin with such force that it blasts them them from their feet, knocking them prone in the heavy growth.

Caspan continues to hoof it, throwing bolas get lost in the foilage..
Jillian gets tangled in the rough terrain and calls out for Emil to get rid of the damn weeds.

Seeing that the situation is under control and the terrain was about to hinder Jillian, Caspan and possibly Selde further, Emil dismisses his spell.

Father Emil's magical weapon misses the hobgoblin when the party gets in the way. Pila charges ahead towards the far hobgoblin, but the spell hasn't completely faded yet and she gets slowed down enough that all of her attacks miss.

All three fallen archers rise to their feet and fire a volley of arrows towards the party. Pila takes a swipe at the one in front of her as it stands, slashing across the chance.

All three archers target Jillian with their arrows, three of them finding their mark, one critically so 13+7+8=28 damage

R4: Party up!

GM:

Crit Jillian: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 3) = 13
Attack Jillian: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Attack Jillian: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
claw 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
claw 2 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

rake 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
rake 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

rake 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
rake 2 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grapple, Maintain: 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 5 = 34
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Confirm Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Pila AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
claw 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Seeing Pila raking on the Hobgoblin in the back, and her allies approaching the Hobgoblin to her left, Selde decided to take aim at the hobgoblin to her right.

Move action Study Target, Standard Action attack Blue Hobgoblin. Move action Nur

C. Longbow; ST; Bless, Point Blank Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 34
Arrow; ST; Point Blank Shot: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 7

Crit Threat: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 21
Crit Damage: 2d8 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8, 5) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 21


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Selde expertly eliminated the threat on the right.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 41/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: Weapon Proficiency - bolas; bless

"GYAAARGH!" Caspan hollers as he closes the distance between himself and the archers I'm assuming; as almost always, no map, trying to send one to the ground.

Improved Trip: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 1 = 32 can charge too if need be, which would add +2

AoO if he tries to stand up: Fist (Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Good shot!" Thael concedes to Selde. Raising his hand, a flaming line of fire connects the two remaining hobgoblins, scorching each of them.

burning arc, 1st target (DC 19 Refl): 5d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 4, 2) = 17 vs white
burning arc, 2nd target (DC 17 Refl): 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 vs red


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Sorry I haven't been able to post until now. First week of a new class that's about double the normal class size, RP has had to wait.

Emil lumbers forward, wishing he had lighter armor so he could get within range of Pila. But once all his friends are within the range of his channeling, he touches his holy symbol and says a simple blessing to Erastil and healing rays extend out to touch all but his animal companion.

Positive Energy Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1) = 11

I'm not sure if the spiritual weapon's original target is still alive, but if it is, it will attack. If not, it will be inactive until Emil can use a move action to move it. This is the 4th of five rounds in its duration.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Force Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren doubled moved again, trying to keep up with her long legged compatriots. She decided to save her magical reserves as it seemed like the group had gotten the better of the archers. Normally, Wren would yell and try to halt the violence, but against this particular group, she bit her tongue.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian pulls out one of the arrows but she is looking in pretty bad shape, even after Emil's healing energy washes over her. She reaches down and touches one of the wounds as it begins to heal over.

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

She rushes forward, looking a little better to attack the archer.

Attack, PA, FF, Bless, Charge: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 16
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + 6 = 13

Status:

HP: 37/43
AC: 17 (19 Base, -2 Charge)
Lay on Hands: [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ]
Smite Evil: [ ] [ ]
Spell-like Ability: Alter Self [ ]
Level 1 Spells: Protection from Evil [ ] [ ]

2,851 to 2,900 of 3,046 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.