GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER 2 - FANGS OF WAR

Roll 20

LOOT!


2,901 to 2,950 of 3,037 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Caspan charges and knocks the hobgoblin on the far west back to the ground again, giving Jilian just the edge she needed to bury her blade into him. He tries to get up and Caspan's knuckles knock him back down for good.

Thael, Pila and Father Emil collapse on the last remaining hoblin and overwhelm him, taking him out as well.

Out of breath and huffing from all of the running, the party quickly eliminates the ambush before they could effectively bury arrows in the party from behind. Realizing this could have been much worse had they missed them, they are thankful for the keen eyes in the party.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)
Quote:
Good shot!" Thael concedes to Selde. Raising his hand, a flaming line of fire connects the two remaining hobgoblins, scorching each of them.

"You as well." Selde said softly. All of the survival practice had certainly increased the potency of her brother's spell casting. Seeing no damage that Father Emil couldn't take care of, Selde spurred Nur back to the main body of the group. Making a protective pass around the group, she stayed alert for any further signs of danger while updating the other defenders to the situation. Taking but a moment, she checked on Mia before returning to the main group.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"Huh," Caspan grunts. "Stupid hobs." I'm assuming? Not quite sure what they were...

"Looks like you picked the wrong people to ambush. But what goes around comes to people who are useless, so I guess we get all your stuff."

He starts rifling the bodies, looking for valuables.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren takes the opportunity to cast Detect Magic on the gathered items that Caspan and the others scavenge from the corpses. ”I thought the deeper we went, the less chance of finding more of these awful hobgoblins! The forest is swarming with them still,” she groans.

”I wonder if the Rangers are still protecting the land, or have they given up and fled? I wouldn’t blame them if they did, you know.”


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Mia had seen the battle from afar and was terrified when Selde rushed off out of sight. When she catches sight of the druid returning, her body relaxes as her woman rides back to her on Nur. She calls out with a huge smile "Oh thank the Gods I was so-" she stops abruptly when she sees the cut on her face. "You're injured! Selde, no! Are you okay?" she says, tugging at her to dismount off Nur so she can take a closer look.

Meanwhile, Wren and Caspan start searching the four dead hobgoblins and strip them of the gear they no longer need. They find: oils of magic weapon (4), potion of cure moderate wounds (4), alchemist’s fire, +1 hide armor, mwk sickles (2), cloak of resistance +1, 74 gp, potion of bull’s strength, alchemist’s fire (2), fervor juice, oil (4), mwk chain shirt (3), mwk longbow with 20 arrows (4), mwk longsword (3), backpack (3), bedroll (3), hooded lantern (3), mess kit (3), waterskin (3)


”That’s a buttload of really good stuff! I don’t know if they were more powerful and had better stuff, or if they took it from the Rangers, but that is a great haul. We can use this to help villagers.”. Wren points out the capabilities of all the items that she recognizes to the group.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Wren the Dragon? :P

Jillian sits on the dirt for a moment to catch her breath after the run, fight and struggling against the plants. Eventually she calls out to Emil ”Maybe in the future you use that magic to block their escape or hit the ones in the back? Especially, if there aren’t overwhelming numbers. We only have a couple viable ranged combatants and I think if we sat back trading blows that could have gone much worse... She winces in pain as she makes her way back to her feet, pulling out her water skin to take a drink.

She looks to the others and notes ”Maybe we should check for tracks see where they came from. Make sure there aren’t more?” Assuming someone agrees she will try and help.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 3/6 SWA: 8/8

Emil waits until the hobgoblins have been killed and then channels until everyone is healed and then he recommends all clean up before returning to the sight of the group. "The sight o' blood won't help moral."

Emil picks up the cloak of resistance, catches Caspan's eye and offers it to him. If Caspan doesn't want it, Emil will suggest he gets to wear it.

Seems most either have cloaks of resistance or are pretty solid on saves, with Emil and Caspan at the low end of save values.

Wren wrote:

"I thought the deeper we went, the less chance of finding more of these awful hobgoblins! The forest is swarming with them still,” she groans.

"I wonder if the Rangers are still protecting the land, or have they given up and fled? I wouldn’t blame them if they did, you know.”

Emil shakes his head. "Don't know if they've figgered out that we wiped out their advance camp, but it appears these were hunting fer rangers. Plus we know there're still rangers about, so it doesn't seem they've scarpered, least not yet. Hope we find'em before this lot do."


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Caspan shrugs and takes the cloak -- bout time people realized how much he did for everyone else.

"They prob'ly took it from those dead rangers they left back there," he says, jerking his thumb over his shoulder back the way they came from.

He nods at Jillian's suggestion, and looks around for someone to do what she said. "Bet our assmar can do that," he adds, wondering where the hell Selde has gotten too.

It's like the girl's got a boyfriend or something, and is off candling when there's work to be done...

Thoughts on the rest of the loot? I feel like Caspan could use the bull strength potion. The fervor juice isn't super useful right now since another magic item would already go off and heal him if he falls to 0 hp.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Added stuff to the loot sheet, Jillian and Emil should probably take oils of magic weapon since they have weapons, can it work on Selde's bow? Don't think it works on Caspan's fist. Should divvy out the CMW otherwise, nothing of use for Jillian.

Still waiting to see if there are any leads from her Survival check


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Look I'm turning a player into a dragon in one game and have a dragon PC in another, I do not need more dragon players at the moment! Please contain your inner-beast Wren.

Jillian crouches to the ground and inspects the area around the ambush and finds numerous sets of tracks from the four dead creatures. It would appear that they have been coming from the same direction you've been traveling in. It would seem plausible that Caspan's theory is correct and these creatures were responsible for murdering the rangers you recently discovered dead in the ditch.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

After looking around Jillian notes to the others "I'm pretty sure we just avenged those rangers we found." She points in the direction they were already heading "Looks like they came from that way. Guess we should keep moving, maybe they came across a ranger outpost or something and tracked them back here. Maybe if we can find it we can find a way to reach the other rangers and get everyone to safety."

She will help Caspan gather up the loot and head back to the larger group ready to continue on.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

That's what happens when you drink strange potions.

Quote:
Mia had seen the battle from afar and was terrified when Selde rushed off out of sight. When she catches sight of the druid returning, her body relaxes as her woman rides back to her on Nur. She calls out with a huge smile "Oh thank the Gods I was so-" she stops abruptly when she sees the cut on her face. "You're injured! Selde, no! Are you okay?" she says, tugging at her to dismount off Nur so she can take a closer look.

Selde allowed Mia to pull her from Nur. "What?" Selde said in confusion as she touched her face, feeling the blood running down the cut on her cheek. "Oh, it's small, doesn't even need magic." Embarrassed but pleased by Mia's concern. "I have to go. Stay alert and within the group." Selde gave Mia another quick peck on the cheek, still timid about affection. But as she pulled back, the arrow racing towards her flashed in Selde's mind. With a deep breath, she pulled Mia closer for a more passionate kiss before gracefully mounting Nur.

"The rest of the group is okay, no signs of further enemies." Selde said as she rode back up to the party.

I wouldn't mind an Oil of Magic Weapon or two

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael helps to identify the items they had found, though he doesn't feel he needs any of it himself.

"Indeed, it seems this is the group that ambushed the rangers. Let us hope there are not many more ahead of us, and that this was a scouting party."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Mia tries to desperately hang on to Selde when she pulls her in for a more passionate kiss, not wanting to let go. She pouts when the woman pulls away on Nur.

Once the bodies are looted and the wounds healed, the party pushes onward to the north. After another three hours of walking and following trails, they come across something interesting. A dirt in this clearing is soaked with blood. Scraps of gray-and-green clothing litter the area along with several weapons, but no combatants remain. A single hobgoblin arm, still clutching a longsword, lies amid the gore. Drag marks lead from the clearing into a six-foot-wide fissure at the base of a nearby tangle of old oaks.

Perception DC18:
A battle was fought here between humanoids and beetles of some kind. It looks like two creatures were dragged by beetles 20'feet into the hill, which twist and slopes gently downward into a small cave 15' across.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

As was becoming a habit, when Wren saw the blade on the ground, she immediately cast detect magic. She had turned into a right fine scavenger, seemed like. She made sure to not touch the nasty arm holding the weapon as she cast her spell.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Jillian looks at the scene they stumble upon and follows it to it's conclusion as she looks toward a nearby hill. "Looks like some people were fighting giant beetles and were dragged off that way. We should check, maybe one of them was a ranger?"


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Perception; Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Quote:
Jillian looks at the scene they stumble upon and follows it to it's conclusion as she looks toward a nearby hill. "Looks like some people were fighting giant beetles and were dragged off that way. We should check, maybe one of them was a ranger?"

"Too dangerous." Selde said softly while shaking her head in disagreement. "Caves are difficult to fight in, and we don't need to endanger the group more than needed. Leave the beetles and let them eat more hobgoblins."

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael agrees with Jillian.

"But perhaps there is a survivor," the wizard says. "If a beetle dragged off a wounded ranger, perhaps we would finally have some insight as to their location and numbers."

If there are any rangers left at all.

" We should investigate," he suggests.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"Maybe it's eating hobs that stole the rangers' cloaks, like we did," Caspan points out. "I can't imagine it'd be too hard to disexterminate a bunch of bugs, though, if you all really want to."

He cracks his knuckles, assuming he'll have to beat something else soon.

Also, I'm assuming I found my bolas earlier.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren thought for a long while. ”On the chance there is a ranger that might be alive that we could rescue, that’d get us a really good introduction to the group of them. I’m sure it’d just be a quick little excursion, and we could be on our way. The beetle probably has already eaten them, but it’d be worth checking to see if we could save any of them.”


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"Fine," Caspan huffs.

He gets ready to enter, stopping for a moment to let his eyes adjust if he needs to Use martial flexibility to add Blind-Fight if it's dark in there.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

With the majority wanting to explore, the party delves down into the cavern. At first the passage is wide open, nearly thirty feet so. It continues to narrow and thin the further in you go, gently sloping downward.

Thael casts light for the party and you continue to slowly descend into the winding cavern depths. The passage splits several ways and using your survival skills, you pick the path to where the body appears to have been taken.

After a few twists and turns you descend down a sloped set of stone and hear skittering somewhere in the darkness up ahead as a high pitched screeching sound echoes throughout the cavern. If that wasn't unnerving enough, it is repeated several more times from different directions. A few seconds later several large beetles swiftly scuttle into sight, their mandibles appear to be remarkably sharp. The beetles emerge from different directions and begin to close in around you.

Nice init block!

Init: Emil, Selde, Thael, Wren, Caspan, Jillian, Beetles

GM:

Init: Caspan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Init: Father Emil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Init: Jillian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Init: Selde: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Init: Thael: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Init: Wren: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Init: Beetles: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren casts Bless to begin the combat.

”Ok, whose bright idea was it to come down here in these closed in caves again,” she whispers to the others.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)
Quote:


Wren casts Bless to begin the combat.

”Ok, whose bright idea was it to come down here in these closed in caves again,” she whispers to the others.

-_- and unfortunately we are too close for thorny entanglement. @Emil, could you move Pila in place to stop our mages from being beetle food please?

As the Beetles approached, Selde stepped forward, took aim, and loosed an arrow all in one smooth motion. "Guard our flank!" She shouted to her allies.

5ft step, Move Action study target, Standard Action attack Red Beetle.

C. Longbow; Bless, ST, PBS: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 21
Arrow; ST, PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 9

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael raises a hand and a fist-sized ball like a spiked sphere hurls toward the beetle to the right. red

heightened battering blast (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 173d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) = 10
bull rush attempt (Int+CL): 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 5 = 28


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Status:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: bless

Caspan rushes forward toward the nearest of the creatures, ducking under its mandibles in case it tries to attack him as he gets close, and drives his fist onto its head.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Fist (Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Seeing the others are working on the bettle trying to get around their back and Caspan moves off to take care of their flank, Jillian moves forward toward the two advancing on their front. She tries to keep her defenses up, facing two at the same time, but attacks none the less.

Attack, PA, FF, Bless, PD: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 22
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 + 6 = 18

AC 21

Status:

HP: 43/43
AC: 21 (19 Base, +2 Fighting Defensively)
Lay on Hands: [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ]
Smite Evil: [ ] [ ]
Spell-like Ability: Alter Self [ ]
Level 1 Spells: Protection from Evil [ ] [ ]


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The party puts together a decent initial assault, all attacks striking as intended. Pila charges ahead and pounces on the beetle at the front, raking and scratches at beetle. Emil moves behind her and swings his scythe into the beetle, but misses.

The beetle that was pushed away by Thael moves quickly up to Wren, but doesn't have enough stamina left to attack. Caspan's beetle slices at his legs, but misses. The beetle next to Father Emil and Pila slices Pila badly (17 damage), but she stays on her feet. Jillian's beetle critical slashes her throat with its sharp mandible, blood gushing from her body (26 damage).

Init: R2: Emil, Selde, Thael, Wren, Caspan, Jillian, Beetles

GM:

Father Emil Scythe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
claw 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
claw 2 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

rake 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
rake 1 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

rake 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
rake 2 Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grapple, Maintain: 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 5 = 24
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Attack C: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15
Attack P: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 2) + 7 = 15
Attack J: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 5) + 7 = 15
Attack Jillian confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

I guess it's Jillian crit day.

Selde took a step back while loosing arrows at the beetle engaged with Wren. "Wren get away!"

5ft step, Full attack Red Beetle.

C.Longbow; ST, PBS, Bless, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 19
Arrow; ST, PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 12

C.Longbow; ST, PBS, Bless, Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 13
Arrow; ST, PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 12


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren takes a deep breath and centers herself. It was a tough task with that monster all up in her face. Since she had no way to escape without getting eaten, she decided to try to cast a spell and give her team a few moments to hopefully kill this thing before it killed her. She tries to cast Mage Armor.

Concentration check vs DC 15 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 4 = 27

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

With one of the creatures attacking Wren, Thael wheels on his heel and casts another battering blast at the one attacking her.

heightened battering blast (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 213d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 5) = 12
bull rush attempt (Int+CL): 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 5 = 25


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: bless

Caspan continues his assault on the nearest beetle, trying to smash the stupid bug so he can go take care of the rest of them.

"Die, Jorj!" he yells at the beetle.

Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 4 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian is surprised at the oversized insects brutal attack. She quickly reaches up and channels some of her divine energy into her wound.

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Still severely injured she knows she has to try and put this thing down as quickly as she can, but she maintains her defensive stance hoping to avoid another blow like that.

Attack, PA, FF, Bless, PD: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 18
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 + 6 = 18

Status:

HP: 22/43
AC: 21 (19 Base, +2 Fighting Defensively)
Lay on Hands: [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ]
Smite Evil: [ ] [ ]
Spell-like Ability: Alter Self [ ]
Level 1 Spells: Protection from Evil [ ] [ ]


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Selde lands one of her shots on the beetle in the rear next to Wren, but the second one kits the ground by its feet and falls short. Wren is able to concentrate to cast her spell without provoking an attack from the beetle nearby. Thael's battering blast flies around Whren and utterly destroys the beetle with devastating force.

Caspan lands his first smash on the southern beetle, but misses the second and beetle stays on its feet long enough to counter attack him, but misses.

Father Emil tries to put the weakened beetle in front of him, but it dodges his attack. Pila leans forward and bites it's face, ripping it in half and pulling the beetle to the ground.

Jillian lands another well struck blow on the beetle in front of her, nearly putting it down. It somehow barely hangs on though and buries its sharp mandible in her body again. Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12

Init: R3: Emil, Selde, Thael, Wren, Caspan, Jillian, Beetles

GM:

FE Farmer's Scythe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Attack Caspan: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Attack Jillian: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian grunts in pain as the bettle slices into her again with its powerful attack. She reaches down to heal the wound some.

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Seeing the others bugs dead and knowing this one must be close she worries less about defending herself, especially since it has helped anyway, and more about ending this insect.

Attack, PA, FF, Bless, PD: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 + 6 = 17

Status:

HP: 9/43
AC: 19 (19 Base)
Lay on Hands: [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Smite Evil: [ ] [ ]
Spell-like Ability: Alter Self [ ]
Level 1 Spells: Protection from Evil [ ] [ ]


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

”Thanks, Selde and Thael! That thing almost ate my face off,” she squeals in horror. As Jillian chops down the last bug, Wren listens closely to see if there might be any survivors down here the group might be able to save.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Wren easily follows the drag marks in the cavern and see that they lead south past the beetle that Caspan is currently engaged with, out of sight.

Jillian's powerful blow slices two of the front legs off the creature which collapses to the ground before her, dying. Only Caspan's is left!


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Oh my bad, I thought the last beetle was down!

Wren delays to give all her team a chance to down the last survivor before she uses more of her magic. If needed, she will cast a magic missile at it.

Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) + 3 = 11


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

"Nice shot!" Selde shouted to her brother as his magic felled the beetle attacking wren. Turning to the remaining beetle, Selde took aim and loosed an arrow.

5ft step, move action study target, standard action attack Green Beetle.

C.Longbow; ST, PBS, Bless: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 34
Arrow; ST, PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 10

Crit Threat: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 28
Crit Damage: 2d8 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 16


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 1/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: bless

"Here's a smash hit," Caspan grunts to himself as he drives his first into the beetle again.

Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 4 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The last beetle is no more. With an expert shot from the archer and a powerful blow from the brawler, the combat comes to and end.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian, seeing the threat is done, plants her blade in the ground and leans against it as she mutters "Those bugs were tough..." She looks back to the others, blood all over her and notes "Let's see if whatever they drug down here is still alive..."


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"Not so bad," Caspan says.

He peers down the path as Jillian indicates the direction forward.

He leads the way, ready to squash some more bugs if they have to.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Unfortunately, it appears the party is too late. They find the remnants of several corpses, but all of them are fragments of what was once a humanoid creature. You can make out at least two dismembered half-elf legs, each end in a matching boot. Another upper torso of a hobgoblin wears a necklace of small silver skulls. Scattered haphazardly in the corner are six longbows, 56 arrows, five daggers, and eight longswords.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael frowns at sight of the corpses. "It was worth an attempt--we must obtain contact with the rangers. But these will be of little use to us. We should bury them and move on," he says, then casts detect magic on what they had found and searches around a little more.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian let's out a deep sigh when they find the gore that once was other humanoid creatures. She half-smiles as she notes the silver lining "Well at least those bugs won't do that to anyone else..."

She goes to help Thael search to see if they don't get lucky in finding a map or documents or something that would help in their endeavors.

Perception-Aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"They won't be eating any more hobs either. Too bad about that..." Caspan says as he watches the others look around, desultorily kicking debris out of the way.

Perception (more aid, because why not): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Wren and Thael discover that those half-elf leg boots are each wearing a boot of elvenkind. Nothing else detects as magical and Thael estimates that the silver skull necklace is worth about 85 gp. Gathering up all of the supplies, you make your way back out of the cavern and regroup with the others. Once everyone is healed up, you continue to push north.

About two hours later, you come across an area where the forest here suffered a severe but localized fire. Ash coats an area devoid of undergrowth, while the larger trees are badly scorched. At the center of the devastation is a large oak tree, killed by the fire and standing like a blackened skeleton. Two bodies are lodged in its branches, burned beyond recognition.

DC 12 Knowledge (nature) or Survival:
You can determine that the the fire occurred only 2 days ago.

DC 15 Perception (burned tree):
You uncover several shattered flasks that contained alchemist’s fire.

DC 20 Perception (The ridge):
You locate several arrows along a switchback path and identify it as a clear line of sight between the burned tree and the arrows’locations.

DC 20 Survival:
With some tracking, you find that the boot prints descending from the path and then ascending it thereafter (although the tracks are lost on the stony surface of the ridge).

DC 25 Survival:
With some tracking, you find that the boot prints descending from the path and then ascending it thereafter (although the tracks are lost on the stony surface of the ridge).
You also spots similar boot prints in the soil beneath the ashes.

DC 23 Knowledge (arcana):
You can tell that the fire here was
quelled by magic.

DC 28 Perception:
You feel like you are being watched from afar.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Perception tree 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Perception ridge 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Perception general 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Wren picks up the shards from the alchemist’s fire flasks and show the others what she found near the tree. ”Here’s probably what started the fire.”. She looks around. ”Anyone else have that creepy feeling that we are being watched?”

Know. Nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

”Seems like the fire was only a couple days ago, I’d guess.”

Know. Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

2,901 to 2,950 of 3,037 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.