GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER 2 - FANGS OF WAR

Roll 20

LOOT!


2,801 to 2,850 of 3,275 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

As the others talk about the pros and cons of leaving Jillian adds to Selde's question "Also, if they aren't still around do you know where they went? What about the rangers, since you were up so high did you see which direction they came from?"

Smiling she says "Sorry, also I'm Jillian, we are glad we were able to help. Do you have somewhere safe to go? We are seeking shelter ourselves from the hobgoblins. You are welcome to join us if you want, safety in numbers and all that."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Caspan ensures there are no hobgoblins still waiting in ambush, at least not here.

The elf thinks for a moment before answering Jillian's question. He points north and says "The rangers wandered in from that general direction. The hobgoblins came from the opposite direction but left in the same general direction the rangers came from."

He's unsure how to answer her second set of questions "Uhm. My logging expedition group abandoned me. They either fled or were killed, and I'm all alone out here now. I wouldn't mind tagging along until we get back to a town. Safety in numbers, right. Thank you Jillian and all for saving me and letting me accompany you. I'll try to not be a further inconvenience to you."


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian gives him a nods and smile then turns to the others "Well, it will be getting dark soon. I say we scout the local area just to make sure there aren't any hobgoblins nearby, while the rest setup camp and then we set watch and get some rest."

Figure while the non-combatants are setting up camp, the warriors and us can split into teams and just make sure the area nearby is safe. We have 5 small tents to make that easier. Then I think we should stay split into teams, but now with the commoner NPCs for watches through out the night so that there are at least a few commoners and 1-2 PCs that keep watch at the same time. I think this should be our general routine until we find another safe place whenever we need to camp. We will also need to set people to work gathering food again.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Caspan nods, willing to go look for some hobs.

If everyone wants, I can handle the camping and whatnot again, but it was a little bit of a time commitment (which I don't know that I have right now). Any chance we could handwave it and say the group had been hoarding food in case they had to run again from the caves? With that and the sheep, we could probably just have everyone take 10 to gather food and find shelter and be fine without having to break down all the specific roles (and rolls).


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 13 FF 18 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 2/6 SWA: 8/8

Always the suspicious sort, especially when dealing with those who take natural resources from the forest, Emil keeps an eye on Vardalel to see if he detects any hint false dealing. Sense motive is +9 but -2 if the elf does not seem to be a follower of Erastil.

When Caspan reopens the argument about the wisdom of leaving the caves, Emil clears his throat noisily and if Caspan looks his way, Emil moves a finger along his throat in a gesture that says, 'Stop talking.' He backs it up with a frown and a shake of his head. Although he agreed with the brawler about leaving the caves, he knew it was best for morale to support the decision rather than keeping the resentment and fear simmering.

Once the forester is down and his story told, Emil touches him to try to finish up what the potion started.

CLW, Frontier Healer: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7

"Wecome ta the family," he says to Vardalel. "Sorry for your misfortune, but thanks for the information. I 'sume ya know 'bout the hobgobin take over of our formerly fair community. Let us know if there's anythin' ya need."

Once the bodies of the rangers are found, Emil directs Austyn, Mia, and Rhyna in the preparation and burial of the corpses. He makes a note of what they look like and if any has anything that might identify them to their comrades, such as a distinctive article of clothing or a locket or ring, he collects them for return to the rangers. He says a blessing and asks Erastil to look after their souls and grant them peaceful rest.

Regarding the merciful arrows, Emil will take them unless anyone else wishes them. "These'll be good for takin' down someone who might be possessed or someone we want to capture but not kill. I'll dispense 'em unless anyone else wants some or all of 'em."


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Caspan furrows his brow, wondering why Father Emil wants him to kill this new elf. He shakes his head and scowls; he's killed things -- even people -- before, but he needs a real reason, especially after they just expended so many resources to bring the stupid elf down. If Emil wanted him dead, why not just push the tree over?

He's even more confused when Emil starts making nice, but then comes to a sudden realization. He's seen this sort of behavior before, back in a Molthuni prison. He just thought better of the old man, but some people will always fall back into old patterns, no matter what was happening.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael introduces himself to the elf, speaking a greeting in elven and welcoming him. The fact that the wizard had spent so much time with the elves, as well as having such a keen mind, meant his elven was very good.

"We welcome you to our group, until we all find a place of greater safety," he says.

"Perhaps we should follow this group of ambushing hobgoblins for now," he suggests.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I'm a big handwave fan, I do it all the time. The only concern I have here though is that it negates the dangers and penalties of having the troop with you. I'm willing to meet you halfway. I'll handwave food and shelter rolls assuming you take ten if you just let me roll a d100 for random stuff instead? Easier for all?

The elf is thankful for your welcoming into his group and he is quick to offer any help he can. He explains he has an expertise in wood and can easily obtain wood and start a fire if you wish. Go ahead and him to your survivor list! It's like you never even list Mekhi Jillian, see!:)


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Sounds like a fair trade to me, GM. Roll away as far as I’m concerned.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rhyna spends the evening hours with Jillian, probing her for details on her trip to meet the Molthuni Derek.

Mia pulls her blankets next to Selde and continues to cuddle with her newfound friend.

Aubrin spends some time with Emil talking about the Rangers and how hopeful she is that they find them soon. She's extremely worried by the fact that several of them were killed out here, but hopeful that this means you are close to the their fort.

Kining plops down next to Caspan and prods him for some alcohol, unable to believe he doesn't have a secret stash he hasn't plundered from somewhere.

Jet talks with Wren about new recipes she's dreaming up for the camp instead of the same old meal each and every day.

Thael may or may not notice that Mia hasn't been paying him any mind or attention since their failed kiss back in the caves.

Though it has been sometime before the full group has traveled and camped together, they exercise a practiced rhythm and setup camp, gather food and prepare the evening meal, all without incident. Kining grumbles and kicks branches around as she hems and hauls about how stupid of an idea this is, but most of everyone else seems to fall in line.

Trouble in camp DC: 1d100 ⇒ 46
Trouble in camp DC46: 1d100 ⇒ 6

A proper watch is setup and the night passes without incident thankfully, the sun rising in the cool morning air.

Where to?


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Yeah a simple roll instead of covering all the details sounds good to me. Read Weather is still active, 6 castings for Pass without Trace to cover 30 creatures. Emil would you like to cast Lay of the Land and/or Riversight?

Selde continues to delight in Mia's company, spending almost all the time not covered by other duties with the human woman. Mia also once again joined Selde's evening lesson with Lirosa and Taidel. Selde had never really talked about magic before. With her grandfather it had always been demonstrations or matter of fact discussion. With Thael it was always complex theory that just confused her. And of course Lirosa and Taidel had just been terrifying lessons. But with Mia thing were more balanced, they talked not just about spellcasting but about the things they liked about magic. Mia made Selde feel more confident during her lessons, and Selde hoped some of Thael's training would rub off on the twins. They covered the orison of creating water. A simple but extremely useful spell for survival.

Quote:
Kining plops down next to Caspan and prods him for some alcohol, unable to believe he doesn't have a secret stash he hasn't plundered from somewhere.

Overhearing Kining gave Selde an idea for a way she might be able to magically help the group. She and Mia create 15 gallons of clean water during their demonstrations and set it aside for the morning.

In the morning Selde will cast Tears to Wine to create 15 gallons of average mead or wine.

Surviving in the open instead of the caves had several disadvantages, but for Selde it meant Nur was always nearby again. "You've met, but I should properly introduce you to my best friend Nur." Selde said softly as she removed the red elk's riding gear. "You can pet him, he likes chin scratches." The love and affection Selde carries for the animal is clear as she goes about the task of cleaning and brushing him. Selde spoke to Mia about Nur's good qualities in uncharacteristic length. While at the same time whispering to Nur in Sylvan about Mia's good qualities. Even without understanding Sylvan, it was abundantly clear it was important to Selde that Mia and Nur liked one another.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

As Thael does his best to make sense of what happened with Mia, he can't help but notice that suddenly Mia and Selde, who had never been so much as acquaintances before, were suddenly thick as thieves.

Though he had not intended to spurn Mia's advances, he had intended to take things deliberately, though he knew Mia hadn't seen things that way.

Not wanting to hurt her further, he knew something else was happening.

When Selde has a free moment, he decides to talk to her about it.

"So--what is going on with you and Mia?" he asks her when she is alone.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

"What? Oh..." Selde wasn't sure how to answer her brother. She wasn't sure what was going on with Mia, but something was certainly going on. "I'm not sure, but it involves kissing." Selde blushed at her answer.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael's isn't sure what Selde is getting at.

"Kissing? As in, she kissed me yesterday?" he inquires.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

"And she kissed me too...Which I did not see coming. I didn't even know you could kiss girls. Girls could I mean. Kiss girls. Girls could kiss girls..." Selde trailed away, choosing to abandon the thought than attempt to salvage it.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael's shock is evident.

"She kissed me, and then she went and kissed you On the same day?!" he asks in disbelief?

"And you kissed her back? You have hardly even talked to her! Is this--is this enough for you? Just to have someone? Anyone?! Did you learn nothing from the depth of the relationship of our parents?"

Thael throws up his hands in disbelief. "I had not yet fully considered my own feelings for her, and had told her yesterday that I found her companionship compelling, that she was intelligent and savvy! I conveyed my admiration for her, and told her we would explore the possibility of further romantic entanglement in the future! What more could I do to express interest in exploring things further?" he asks.

He waves a hand dismissively at his half-sister. "I find it hard to believe you did not know of my affection for and friendship with Mia. You wade into this without any thought for anyone but yourself! You didn't talk to me for three days because I didn't feel as strongly about the Nirmathas-Molthune conflict as you did, and now--you do this?!"

Exasperated, he says "Still, it is better that I know this about Mia now. My hesitation was not without cause. She was not so much interested in me as she was in finding something with anyone. If that is enough for you, Sister, then so be it."


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren couldn’t help but notice quite a bit of coupling up going on around the camp. Of all the developments, the thing that most astounded her was the fact that apparently even Caspan had found a new friend, even if neither of them actually understood each other most of the time.

It has to be good for morale. Gives everyone a little more to fight for, she thought to herself with a smile as she observed the burgeoning relationships.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)
Thael Silverstep wrote:

Thael's shock is evident.

"She kissed me, and then she went and kissed you On the same day?!" he asks in disbelief?

"And you kissed her back? You have hardly even talked to her! Is this--is this enough for you? Just to have someone? Anyone?! Did you learn nothing from the depth of the relationship of our parents?"

Thael throws up his hands in disbelief. "I had not yet fully considered my own feelings for her, and had told her yesterday that I found her companionship compelling, that she was intelligent and savvy! I conveyed my admiration for her, and told her we would explore the possibility of further romantic entanglement in the future! What more could I do to express interest in exploring things further?" he asks.

He waves a hand dismissively at his half-sister. "I find it hard to believe you did not know of my affection for and friendship with Mia. You wade into this without any thought for anyone but yourself! You didn't talk to me for three days because I didn't feel as strongly about the Nirmathas-Molthune conflict as you did, and now--you do this?!"

Selde initially looked guilty, she hadn't considered her brother's feelings on the matter. However, her face quickly contorted to anger at mention of their parents. "No, I didn't know of your 'affection' towards Mia. I, and everyone else, wondered if you even knew she existed! "possibility of further romantic entanglement in the future" What does that even mean!?" Selde did not say softly. "Did you try kissing her back, checking on her when she cried? I mean hell Thael, I thanked her. So I think anything but what you did would express more interest."

Selde continued with the confidence and determination she normally reserved for the battlefield, her brother's comments stirring a rare fire in her. "We talked about that, how she spent all that time trying to get your attention. It made me think about all of the times I wrote to you checking on you, asking if my previous letters had made it to you, practicing my handwriting to make sure you could read them, trying to think of interesting things to write about. It made me think about all of the times following after you as a kid. That feeling of being scarred, of wanting attention, comfort..."

Selde trailed off, tears beginning to well in her amber eye. She remained silent for a time, attempting to compose herself.

Quote:
Exasperated, he says "Still, it is better that I know this about Mia now. My hesitation was not without cause. She was not so much interested in me as she was in finding something with anyone. If that is enough for you, Sister, then so be it."

Thael's dismissal struck Selde like an an open hand. For the first time in her life, Selde truly felt of worth, that she had something to give the world. "Or maybe she chose me because she thinks I'm better than you!"Selde did not say softly. "Maybe I've made her smile more in the last 2 days than you have in the last 2 months. But you know what, I don't care. What I care about is that she makes me feel good, makes me laugh. I want to listen to her talk about things, I want to talk to her about things. She makes me want to talk! She keeps me warm at night, she runs her hands through my hair, and her lips are soft. So yes, that's enough!"

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael looks about to say more, anger flashing in a way only a sibling could elicit.

He growls in exasperation, but then his emotions fall to a low simmer as his intellect regains some control.

"Very well," he says. "Blame all of this on me, if you must. Don't consider my own feelings--your intellectual brother couldn't possibly have any. All he would care about is his magic. Have your fling. If that is enough for you, so be it. I am glad to have found out that all Mia wants is immediate companionship--what she can have tonight-because it would not have been enough for me."

He turns on his heel, ready to leave.

"So you like women, do you? That's a surprise to me, too."


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde seethed at Thael's use of the word fling. As if Mia was having something less with Selde than she would have with Thael. However she bit her lip, as Thael's comments about Selde's consideration for his own feelings rang true. A quiet hung in the air between the siblings, finally broken by Thael's question. "I don't know, I guess? I've never really thought about it before. Like I said, I didn't realize girls could kiss...I do like it though, and I like Mia."

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael nods, not sure what else to say.

"Does it not bother you that she kissed both of us on the same day, as if anything would do for her? Good things are worth waiting for. Am I hurt? Yes, at least a little. But I worry for you, too. Had Father Emil come passing by, or Caspan? Would she have tried to kiss them?"

Sighing, he says "That bothers me, but if you think you have something with her, I will step aside. But for now, I need to go cool down," he says.

Turning around, he says "Be mindful of the larger situation, Sister. We all need your skills to survive. Do not get lost at a time like this. For your sake, and for all of ours."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Mia bounds over to Selde, coming out of the woods not too far away. She's carrying an armful of flowers and moves quickly to Selde's side, positioned such that she doesn't see who she is talking to. She jumps out at her with a huge grin and says "Hey1 Guess what I found some more flowers for your-" and pauses when she sees Thael there, catching the gist of the end of the argument.

She looks between them, Thael's frustration clearly visible and she can only guess what the topic is. She drops the flowers on the ground, her mouth hanging open in surprise. She lowers her head, face flushing red with embarrassment. She mutters meekly "Sorry. I'll come back later. Sorry." and turns, quickly moving away from the siblings back to the other side of camp.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde stayed quiet at her brother's remarks. She hadn't considered what he had said. She told herself it didn't bother her. She didn't consider them to have a specific, one of a kind connection. Mia had reached out, had opened herself, and Selde had answered and done the same. But still...her brother's words ate at her. All too familiar fear and doubt crept in from the boundaries of her mind. The list of reasons why Mia wouldn't like Selde seeming so much larger than the list of reasons why.

Quote:
Turning around, he says "Be mindful of the larger situation, Sister. We all need your skills to survive. Do not get lost at a time like this. For your sake, and for all of ours."

As Thael walked away, his words shattered the sound of Selde's mind. "I will." Selde said before shaking her head as if to physically shake away the ill thoughts.

Quote:

Mia bounds over to Selde, coming out of the woods not too far away. She's carrying an armful of flowers and moves quickly to Selde's side, positioned such that she doesn't see who she is talking to. She jumps out at her with a huge grin and says "Hey1 Guess what I found some more flowers for your-" and pauses when she sees Thael there, catching the gist of the end of the argument.

She looks between them, Thael's frustration clearly visible and she can only guess what the topic is. She drops the flowers on the ground, her mouth hanging open in surprise. She lowers her head, face flushing red with embarrassment. She mutters meekly "Sorry. I'll come back later. Sorry." and turns, quickly moving away from the siblings back to the other side of camp.

"What? Oh. Yes those are..." Selde said softly, her mind clearly still elsewhere. It took her a moment to process Mia's arrival and sudden departure. Looking back between her brother and Mia, Selde picked up the flowers on the ground and quickly ran after Mia.

"Mia, wait!" Selde softly called after the dark haired woman. "Thank you, for the flowers I mean, and the crown, I really..." Selde trailed off, not really sure what she was trying to say. "I want to pinch your nose. It's just big and soft and there and I want to pinch it. I know that doesn't make any sense but I don't want to pinch anyone else's nose. I don't really want to do anything with anyone. Most of the time I'm just waiting to leave, to get away...but I don't want to get away from you." The right side of Selde's face was scarlet with embarrassment. Tears welled in Selde's right eye in response to her openness, her body tensed like she wanted to run away. "You are smart, and nice, and you give me attention, and you actually like the attention I give you, you don't think I'm weird, but..."

Selde's but hung heavy in the air. "But I don't, I mean, would you just? Why me? Why not...? Selde placed her hand on her scar as she fell silent, leaving many things unsaid. "Why not someone who doesn't have everything that's wrong with me?"

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

EDIT: I had been working on my post and was interrupted, then ninja'd by Selde. Mine is probably more appropriate chronology-wise in front of hers.

Thael glowers at Mia as she interrupts the conversation.

She looks prettier than I remembered--that hooked nose must have been a shadow or something--

Taking a deep breath, Thael says "You don't need to leave. I was just going."

Do not be petty, though you feel to.

He sniffs, then says "It's probably good we're all together. I had been about to tell you, Mia, that your skills are better suited to a magic other than that which I could teach you. I had thought that Selde would be a more appropriate teacher, so I commend you to her instruction. You should spend some time together; I will focus my efforts elsewhere."

Turning quietly, the wizard leaves, his eyes watering.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

[ooc]No worries, I'll treat Thael's first then Selde's.

Mia waits before she runs off when Selde and Thael both try to speak to her. She slows her walk down and listens with her back turned when Thael speaks to her. She's too embarrassed to face him directly and simply nods silently when he finishes speaking to her.

Once he's done she starts away quickly only to have Selde catch up to her. When Selde turns to talk of pinching her nose, she quickly finds that Mia too has tears in her eyes.

"You're welcome."

While Selde speaks to her, Mia takes the back of her right hand and slowly trails it down the left side of Selde's face, the side that has been horribly discolored and disfigured from her blight. [smaller]"I don't know what Thael said, but you're both clearly upset and it's my fault. I didn't mean to cause discord between he and you, I am sorry for that."

"Everyone here, they are all busy with their things and we're a group of lonely people. I've been trying to get attention forever without luck and as soon as I stopped trying, you came to me. I really like the attention you give me. I could just sit here all day and listen to you talk about Nur and the forest and your magic and all of the amazing things you do."

Taking her left hand now and repeating the process of running it down her face, she does it on her left side. "You listen to me. You came to me to help and didn't just ignore me. You could have, you're a busy leader and all, but you look at me differently. Something like wonderment. I like that."

She takes her free hand and slowly wipes away Selde's tears before taking her tear-stained finger to her own lips and kissing it. When she's done talking, she reaches down with her left hand and takes Selde's right into her own, gently raising it to her nose in a pinch formation. Through a nasally voice she says with the slightest hint of a smile "Go right ahead."

* * * *

When Thael walks away, he bumps into Austyn Stuart. Austyn is another pupil of magic, still learning in his ways and frequently asking Thael for assistance or feedback. Not quite seeing Thael's face he says "Oh. Hey Thael, I've been meaning to ask you about something. When I'm trying to do this summoning spell and it never never quite works as planned. I can only try once a day, and I was hoping next time you could maybe watch and listen and tell me what I'm messing up? I'm really confounded!"


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde gave Mia's nose several soft, swift pinches. A small laugh rippled through her, melting away the fear. Selde puckered too tight as she pulled Mia in for a kiss.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 13 FF 18 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 2/6 SWA: 8/8

During the evening meal, Emil sits next to Aubrin and makes small talk. He notices what appears to be more drama between Mia, Thael, and Selde, and says, "I almost 'member what it's like ta be young an' in love. How 'bout you? I'll bet you could tell some tales about lost love, unless they're the painful kind o' mem'ries. I've got some o' that kind. I suppose it's why I've stayed a bachelor all these years."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Aubrin The Green, or Abby as you've come to know here these last trying weeks, has always been a local legend in Phaendar. She's always quick with a story from her adventuring days or time as a Ranger, there to lend an ear when one is needed or even to cheer up a friend with a smile. Having lost most of vision years ago however, her direct utility to you on the battlefield has been mostly limited to healing or ranged tactics or support.

When Emil makes small talk with, she laughs at him. "I'm still young, are you trying to say I'm not young? I'm only thirty-six mind you, I'm practically just learning to walk!" She leans her head back against the tree, tilting her head towards the canopies. "Yes, I've loved and lost more than once. Losing love is never easy though is it? The hard part is holding onto the good memories and trying to live with the painful ones."

She chuckles at that, finding it funny somehow. She quickly continues "I left home when I was sixteen. Father wanted me to take over the farm but I was a stubborn mule who was dead set on adventuring. Wasn't but nine months away from home that I found my first love. Ahhhh, Richard. I was so in love." she turns to him, looking in his general direction and unable to focus in the dark, "Oh, Richard was a handful, let me tell you Emil."

Transitioning, she shifts the focus back to Emil. "Tell me about some of the good memories you have of her? I know there are painful ones, but there has to be some lovely ones as well there as well?"

* * * *

Mia laughs when Selde laughs, giggling quietly until Selde pulls her into a kiss which quickly quiets her down and turns her laughter into a soft pleasurable moan instead. She wraps her hands around Selde's hips, leaning up to kiss the taller woman. When the kiss is over, she lowers herself to flat feet again and turns her head sideways to rest her head on Selde's upper chest and shoulder, nuzzling in. She whispers "What's the first thing you're going to do when we get out of here and find a new place to live?"


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Sorry, this will be a quick post.

Caspan begrudgingly shares some of his stock with Kining. Damn dwarf could really drink, and if he let her, she'd drink everything he had and leave him with nothing. And there's not enough to do out here in the stupid woods to not have anything to drink.

In the morning, however, a wide grin crosses his face.

"Selde, you're a damn angel, one of those ass-mars! Always thought we could use one of those here. Probably help with all sorts of things. You ever need anything, you just come get me. Only problem is you didn't make enough for everyone." He starts handing out ale to Kining, clearly intent on taking all 15 gallons for the two of them.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)
Quote:
She whispers "What's the first thing you're going to do when we get out of here and find a new place to live?"

"I...I don't know, I hadn't thought about it. I've always lived in the forest." Selde went silent as she pondered the thought. It had come up before, each time revealing a harsh truth to Selde. Her allies were all thinking of the lives they would have after. Dreaming of the good things that would be. Selde hadn't been doing that, and that fact cut through her like a cold wind. She had always lived in the day to day, but this was different. She didn't have assumptions of victory, of a return to normalcy. This conflict, their fight for survival, wouldn't be ending in Selde's foreseeable future. Selde looked in to Mia's pink eyes. "But what if it did?"

"A bed. I'm going to sleep in a bed big enough for you, Nur, and me. What about you?"

Quote:
"Selde, you're a damn angel, one of those ass-mars! Always thought we could use one of those here. Probably help with all sorts of things. You ever need anything, you just come get me. Only problem is you didn't make enough for everyone." He starts handing out ale to Kining, clearly intent on taking all 15 gallons for the two of them.

"Oh um...I'm sorry." Selde said softly, a tinge of embarrassment on her cheek from Caspan's compliment. "I'm using a lot of magic to hide us, but I'll make more tomorrow."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ass-mars. I love it.

Mia pulls back to look at Selde to see if she's serious. "Nur? In our new bed together? Is that a joke? Can't we get Nur his own bed?" Wrinkling her nose she adds "Not that I don't adore him mind you, but," she leans in closer and whispers "He stinks almost as much as you do." she finishes with laughter, waving her hand in front of her nose.

"We seriously need a river to go bathing in." she says nodding. "Are we coming across one in here anytime soon?

When Caspan comments on the wine to Selde, Mia burst out laughing. Once he's gone she slaps Selde's rear end and whispers in your ear "I have a new nickname for your now. You're my ass-mar." she tries to finish the statement without laughing, but fails miserably.

Jilly is tied up with some real life stuff, so if you're all ready to move on just enact your plan otherwise I'll just keep playing NPC's until you're ready.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde began to nervously sniff herself before Mia began laughing. Selde slowly raised her nose from her pit before she burst in to laughter herself. "I suppose he is sort of big. I'm not sure if we are coming across any rivers soon but I can help with that Uisge." With a wave of her hand and a word of Druidic, a small shower of water appeared beside them.

Quote:
When Caspan comments on the wine to Selde, Mia burst out laughing. Once he's gone she slaps Selde's rear end and whispers in your ear "I have a new nickname for your now. You're my ass-mar." she tries to finish the statement without laughing, but fails miserably.

Selde blushed deeply, both at the ass slap and by Mia referring to Selde as 'hers'. "...I like that."

I'm ready to move on when the rest of the group is. I think we just need some magic cast to get a better idea of which direct to head.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7
Quote:
When Thael walks away, he bumps into Austyn Stuart. Austyn is another pupil of magic, still learning in his ways and frequently asking Thael for assistance or feedback. Not quite seeing Thael's face he says "Oh. Hey Thael, I've been meaning to ask you about something. When I'm trying to do this summoning spell and it never never quite works as planned. I can only try once a day, and I was hoping next time you could maybe watch and listen and tell me what I'm messing up? I'm really confounded!"

Thael quickly wipes his eyes, not liking the level of emotion he's been feeling. Getting in fights with Selde seemed too frequent.

"Oh--hello, Austyn. I did not realize you were practicing summoning spells. I would be happy to help you--just--not now. Perhaps when we make camp tonight, we can go over it," the wizard says, not much in the mood to talk at the moment.

Definitely want to help the guy figure out his spells, but we had lots of back and forth for a few characters, and I'm sensitive that those not a part of this arc may feel left out. Plus, Thael is in a bad mood.
I'm ready to move on if the others are.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I hope it's Thael that is in the bad mood and not Thael's player torturing himself over Mia's beautiful, non-crooked and perfect nose his sister gets to squeeze all night long. ;)

I am trying to give each of you an NPC to interact with to drive roleplay. If you feel that I'm not doing you justice in this area, please just pick an NPC from the survivor list and engage with them and I'll try to play off your actions. I am trying to make this fun for all of you, but I recognize that there are occasions where it's focused more specifically on one of you (Like Derek or Mia) versus all of you.

Mia doesn't hesitate and playfully pushes Selde into the shower. She jokes "Maybe I should go get Nur as well? Is there enough room for the both of you in there?"

Austyn is oblivious to Thael's emotional state and simply nods. "Absolutely. I would really appreciate it Mr. Silverstep. Thank you for your time."

Jillian is timed up with some personal stuff and Caspan is on travel. I'll try to move us on tonight or tomorrow. You are generally headed north according to the logger elf. Let me know if you need more specifics than that. You could make some survival checks to try and determine the path that the hobbo's took.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7
GM ShadowLord wrote:

I hope it's Thael that is in the bad mood and not Thael's player torturing himself over Mia's beautiful, non-crooked and perfect nose his sister gets to squeeze all night long. ;)

Haha--yes, I certainly had some level of sour grapes after you showed what she looked like. I actually went back looking for the post where you'd first described her, but couldn't find it. But trust me--it wasn't the same. ;P

And I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining about the NPC storylines. I can't believe how much time you put into those, and it's a fantastic touch. I just know this arc had taken several days, and I hadn't heard anything from Jillian in a while and was worried people might feel left out.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Jillian has some real life stuff going on right now and has been preoccupied, that’s the only reason I’ve excluded her. Oh, and you clearly imagined the nose thing. She’s always been beautiful but you just your nose buried in books and scrolls!;)

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7
GM ShadowLord wrote:
Jillian has some real life stuff going on right now and has been preoccupied, that’s the only reason I’ve excluded her. Oh, and you clearly imagined the nose thing. She’s always been beautiful but you just your nose buried in books and scrolls!;)
GM ShadowLord wrote:

Standing 5' 7" tall, Mia is a pale skinned woman. She has a wound on her neck which she hasn't ever discussed publicly.

She has a lean face, a large nose...vivid pink eyes are angular. Her thick black hair is usually a tangled mess. She has short arms, a short torso with a non-existent waist, bony hips, and long legs. She usually wears mismatched clothes that are used to consist of pastel-colored that were slightly too small, and she wears no jewelry.

/clears throat. The above is a woman you want to take things slow with.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Oooooh. Yeah, I see where the confusion is. That was her sister Miaya. You didn’t rescue her from town and she died at the the hands of the hobgoblins. Terrible tragedy really. I must have mixed up the descriptions. Whoops, my bad.”

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

XD


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Tsk Tsk, finding value in her now that you think she is hot. Honestly the original description and the model seem close to me, though the model has more of a waist. Selde happens to like big noses and bony hips.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Okay, okay, I’ll adjust her with a crooked nose for all the future pictures Selde gets to have with her. I doubt you’ll be able to see her nose with Selde’s hands all over it though!:)

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7
Selde Cathron wrote:
Tsk Tsk, finding value in her now that you think she is hot. Honestly the original description and the model seem close to me, though the model has more of a waist. Selde happens to like big noses and bony hips.

I shouldn't be shamed--I had actually been cultivating a relationship with her, just not as fast as she wanted. I was still somewhat interested in her before the model came out, even given that description! Regardless, I've conceded defeat. I was simply pointing out that the model was not exactly as advertised.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian was happy to spend some time talking with Rhyna and their conversation carries on into the next morning when they wake. Eventually, she makes her rounds about the camp making sure everyone is good to go and then goes to find Selde and Emil "We should see if we can't pick up the trail of the hobgoblins that killed the rangers here. They may have gotten information from them before they murdered them and are heading toward the rangers base."

When the others are ready to start looking she will try and help them pick up the trail.

Survival Aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The party slowly unpacks camp, gets some food in their bellies and starts trudging northward. Jillian looks around for the right trail, but isn't sure which one to follows when she picks up three distinct possible paths.

What is general plan? Walk north, look for hobgoblins, kill them?
How is the group traveling? Remember you have the full group with you now.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

I would say we follow any of the paths that also lead north, try and kill them but also get any information from them. I figure Selde is scouting ahead with Nur since she is the only one mounted and the rest of us are travelling with the group. Luckily we cover our trail with her magic at least for the first half of the day, so it should make it difficult for anyone to follow us.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 13 FF 18 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 2/6 SWA: 8/8
GM ShadowLord wrote:

When Emil makes small talk with, she laughs at him. "I'm still young, are you trying to say I'm not young? I'm only thirty-six mind you, I'm practically just learning to walk!" She leans her head back against the tree, tilting her head towards the canopies. "Yes, I've loved and lost more than once. Losing love is never easy though is it? The hard part is holding onto the good memories and trying to live with the painful ones."

She chuckles at that, finding it funny somehow. She quickly continues "I left home when I was sixteen. Father wanted me to take over the farm but I was a stubborn mule who was dead set on adventuring. Wasn't but nine months away from home that I found my first love. Ahhhh, Richard. I was so in love." she turns to him, looking in his general direction and unable to focus in the dark, "Oh, Richard was a handful, let me tell you Emil."

Transitioning, she shifts the focus back to Emil. "Tell me about some of the good memories you have of her? I know there are painful ones, but there has to be some lovely ones as well there as well?"

”Well, I didn’t mean any disrespect. I jus’ know from experience that any unmarried person older ‘an thirty is assumed ta be a lost cause. If’n my mom we’re here, she’d tell me,” switching to a lilting Ulfen accent, ”That Abby, now there’s a right smart catch. A lug like you’d be lucky to have her give you a second look!”.

Back in his normal voice, ”An’ she’d be right of course. So anyway, my fav’rite mem’ry o’ Grace? That’s easy, but it takes a story ta ‘ppreciate proper like. So when I was ordained, I had ta go on a walkabout from one community ta the next, learnin’ the ways o’ folks in diff’rent places. It started with a string o’ small towns like Phaendar, which ‘as fine, but then I got ta Tamran, which I ‘spose ta folks from places like Absalom is a dinky place, but ta me it was ‘the big city.’ I wandered inta a market an’ noticed three pretty young things noticin’ me. I strutted over an they giggled at my country accent, but then they started flirtin’ an the prettiest one told me of a barn she’d like me ta meet her at. She said ta wait an hour an I’d find ‘er in the loft wearin’ nothin’ but a red cloak. She kissed me an’ said I should pounce on ‘er an’ have my way with her.”

Emil pauses and drinks some water, a sheepish grin on his face. ”So I wait an hour an I go inta this dark old barn an get up ta the loft an I see this red cloak an so I throw it off an pounce, only ta find I was wrasslin’ with a sow all covered in green dye. After the surprise wore off an’ I realized I’d been played, I noticed the sow was chained ta the spot an she didn’t look well. I unchained ‘er an’ asked her what was wrong, coz even then I could talk ta animals a bit. Turns out the farmer wasn’t feedin’ ‘er proper food. I healed her best I could and went back ta the market an bought some tatters an carrots, gettin’ laughed at fer bein’ covered in green dye. Apparently I wasn’t the first rube ta be tricked by Missy. ( That was ‘er name.)”

”So I take the food back an feed the pig some proper food an’ I notice a donkey, a goat an a cat also in the barn need food. I start makin’ daily visits ta this barn, feedin’ an’ talkin’ ta the animals, I learn Missy would bring young men there fer real rolls in the hay each one thinking he was the only one ta be so lucky. I figured out who the men were in a few days o’ this, since Tamran’s not that big, an I told them about Missy’s exploits. They were mad, of course. Then I told them of a plan I thought would set things right.”.

To be continued.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 13 FF 18 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 2/6 SWA: 8/8

"So the next market day, I mixed up some vegetable greens I knew'd be good fer the animals and simmered it until it was a sticky paste. I led the animals to market an when we spotted Missy and her two friends, I put the paste on the foreheads and muzzles of the goat, the donkey, the sow and an old mare draft horse I'd been feedin'. I had explained as best I could what I wanted ta do and so I led 'em toward Missy. Her various suitors were also nearby ta watch. I got Missy's attention an' she rolled her eyes and started laughin' at me. While she was laughin', the goat comes up behind her an' gooses her. She jumps back an' turns around, an' the donkey gooses her from another side. She starts ta panic and backs away from both an' trips over the sow, and they all start rubbin' their heads on her body an' face. Then they start lickin' the greens off 'er and by the time she gets back up, she's got green all over her and three barnyard animals chasin' her around the market."

"So Missy got what was comin' ta her, with the whole market laughin' at her. The guys all came up at the same time an' confronted her, askin' her if she was cheating on them with barnyard animals."

Emil laughs along with the others listening to the story and then says to Abby, "So it was then, when I'uz feelin' pretty self-righteous about myself, that I was thinkin' Erastil owed me a reward. An then I saw Grace. She was in town with her family selling fabric they'd crafted an' getting supplies. She looked to me like, well, as Caspan might put it, like an ass-mar! Golden hair, tall, athletic, a gorgeous smile on her face as she joked with her kin an' listened ta some o' the musicians. When she started dancing with her sister, I thought I'd fly up inta the clouds, I felt so light. I was mesmerized, tryin' ta get the courage ta talk ta her, but I had ta wrangle the animals back ta their barn and time I got back, she was gone. I asked around and learned the town she was from and her name, and vowed to visit that town next. But fate intervened. The war with Molthune heated up and I joined a militia as medical support and never got back ta my walkabout. I next met Grace after the Night o' Rainin' Stars. Her family had been killed an' we fell in with other refugees fleein' inta the forest. That's where the memories turn dark, although with lots of good things ta ponder 'til the end."

This is Emil's opening attempt at flirting with Abby. We don't need to role play it extensively, just let me know how she responds and next time we slow things down with interpersonal play, I'll continue. Emil will check on her regularly, give her little compliments, point out unusual plants or animals, and tell jokes.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Can Emil learn anything by casting Lay of the Land and/or Riversight? Selde will definitely be scouting with Nur to make sure the group doesn't walk in to any danger. She'll be on active lookout for any signs of hobgoblins. Lirosa and Taidel are covering the rear of the group, staying on lookout and helping to cover any trail we might still be leaving.

Perception; Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Survival; Take 10: 10 + 10 = 20

Stealth; Take 10: 10 + 14 = 24


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 13 FF 18 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 2/6 SWA: 8/8

Looking over the Cleric spell list for options.

Speak with Dead: could cast on one of the slain rangers and ask where the forts are.

Riversight: You can view events transpiring along a natural watercourse you touch. You can see anything on or within the river as if you were present at that location, or you can observe anything happening within 15 feet of the river’s banks as if peering from the water’s surface. Moving your point of view to a different location along the river is a standard action, though your perception can follow something moving along the river as a free action.

Remove Blindness/Deafness: Remove blindness/deafness cures blindness or deafness (your choice), whether the effect is normal or magical in nature. The spell does not restore ears or eyes that have been lost, but it repairs them if they are damaged. Would this restore Abby's vision?

Lay of the Land: In a flash of recognition, you learn about the geography of your surroundings within a radius of 1 mile per 2 caster levels (minimum 1 mile). This instant familiarity grants you an insight bonus equal to your caster level (maximum +5) on Knowledge (geography) checks and Survival checks to avoid getting lost so long as you remain in the affected area. Additionally, for the duration of the spell you can make Knowledge (geography) checks regarding the affected area as though you were trained in that skill.

Emil will prepare Riversight, Speak with Dead, and Lay of the Land. If no one objects, he returns to the graves of the fallen rangers and disinter one and ask for directions to the nearest active Chernasardo fort.

Once the group gets underway, he will cast Deadeye's Lore, which gives him +4 on survival checks for 5 hours.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Abby listens attentively to Emil's story, smiling and laughing in different parts of the story. She claps at the part when Missy gets what's coming to her, shaking her head and slapping her knee. When he finishes, Aurbin leans forward towards when he is sitting and puts her hands together in front of her. "That was fantastic, thank you."

"You're a fantastic storyteller Emil. With my seeing days behind me and I'm missing a leg, words are all that I have these days. Clinging on to descriptions and tonal inclinations instead. Thank you for sharing with me."

Emil returns to the spot of the fallen ranger and asks for directions to the nearest active Chernasardo fort. The reply is cryptic and short "The fort is north." Emil gets a second question.

Lay of the Land tells Emil that there is a winding river to their east that continues southeast as far as he can tell. Another branch of the river is a mile to their west, winding down from a tributaty to the north. Small lakes are a few miles to their west. To their direct norht however, the forest continues between the two branches of the river.

Remove blidness has never been cast on Aubrin before.

Moving on.

Father Emil and Selde work together to find the most appropriate and fresh set of tracks which also seem to move in the general direction of north and towards the opening between the two rivers. Moving a large group isn't exactly easy and moving a large group quietly is even more challenging. They do the best they can to keep everyone's volume down, but traveling long distances with large groups in silence is extremely boring and eventually you need to talk to someone.

After about two hours of travel, the party is walking through a section of forest which splits into numerous trails, all of which look recent. Laying in the center of one of the trail about 50' away is a prone humanoid body wearing a Chernasardo ranger cloak.

GM:

Init: Caspan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Init: Father Emil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Init: Jillian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Init: Selde: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Init: Thael: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Init: Wren: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Perception: Caspan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Perception: Thael: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Perception: Wren: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Perception: Selde: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Perception: Jillian: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception: Father Emil: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Init: Gobs: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

2,801 to 2,850 of 3,275 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.