GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER 2 - FANGS OF WAR

Roll 20

LOOT!


2,951 to 3,000 of 4,200 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)
Quote:

Wren picks up the shards from the alchemist’s fire flasks and show the others what she found near the tree. ”Here’s probably what started the fire.”. She looks around. ”Anyone else have that creepy feeling that we are being watched?”

Know. Nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

”Seems like the fire was only a couple days ago, I’d guess.”

Know. Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Perception; Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

"Perhaps whoever came and went." Selde said softly as she pointed to some boot prints, her grip on her bow tightening.


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

"No," Caspan replies to Wren with a shrug as he looks around. "Bet there are some hobs out there trying to survey us somewhere, but pretty sure if they were here, they'd've been incarcerated like those two. Or maybe they were more lumberjacks."

He nods, satisfied he's put her fears to rest.

"Those're probably more lumberjacks too," he tells Selde. "Though I guess we could go see and make sure."


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Survival 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perception (Tree): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Perception (Ridge): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Perception (General): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Survival 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Jillian takes a moment to look around she nods to Wren's words about the alchemist fire then notes "Look there, arrows along that path, leading to that clear line of sight." When Wren asks about them being watched she shrugs and shakes her head "I don't see anyone around..." She waves Hunter over and asks him to take a look from above.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

As he flies up to look she points up toward the ridge "May find something up there, let's take a look."

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

Thael looks at everything his companions had pointed out, but has little else to add. There are so many clues, that little seems to make sense.

"It could be another ambush," he cautions.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
arcana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Hunter takes off into the air and circles high above. He sees nothing but forest all around them, no other signs of creatures moving about. The only peculiarity is that about 250 to the north is a burned oak tree that is completely out of place.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

With nothing else of particular interest to find here, once Hunter returns and reports what he found Jillian notes to the other "There is another burned tree to the north. Maybe we should go check it out to see if there are nay further clues. Something is obviously going on here..."

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

Thael nods in agreement. "I can make nothing of this as yet. I require additional analysis."


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 7 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 42/42 | Init.+4 | Perc.+13 | CMD 13 |F+5, R+6 W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 6 points/day

”Let’s go check out that tree, then,” Wren says, looking over her shoulder, not able to shake that strange feeling that something was spying on the group. She waited for someone else to take the lead, not wanting any more monstrous forest dwellers to hop out and bite them!


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian nods and heads in that direction, following Hunter as he guides them forward from above.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Jillian leads the group towards the other burned tree. About halfway there when you can just make out the strange burned tree up ahead, it changes. The tree suddenly shifts and transforms from a burned tree into a tall and graceful sharp-eared giant with pale skin. Its large brow gives it a somewhat primitive visage. Holding a giant bow, it launches three large arrows into the arrow towards your party, two of them striking.

The first arrow hits Jillian and the second one Selde 11 NL damage and DC14 Will save or fall asleep.

The large giant bellows "NO. MORE. HARM."

Thael, Wren, Caspan, Giant, Selde, Emil, Jillian

GM:

Init: Caspan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Init: Father Emil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Init: Jillian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Init: Selde: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Init: Thael: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Init: Wren: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Init: Giant: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Arrow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 1) + 5 = 11 Who: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Arrow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 6) + 5 = 15 Who: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Arrow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 = 11 Who: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 7 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 42/42 | Init.+4 | Perc.+13 | CMD 13 |F+5, R+6 W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 6 points/day

”Easy there, big fella! We don’t want any more harm as well. We are here to stop those awful hobgoblins. We are also looking for the famous rangers rumored to be nearby. We don’t want to fight you,” Wren tries to reason with the creature.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 2/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: dragon style (+2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round)

"Damn trees," Caspan mutters. "Can't trust them!"

He starts advancing toward the giant, seeing the arrows possibly put down the women with a single shot, before ducking behind some trees and figuring out his best plan here.

Move (already did it on Roll20), then standard action to add dragon style, then swift to enter dragon style. Also, ooh, I like dragon style...

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

Thael also doesn't want to hurt the giant, which seems to have been on the receiving end of the hobgoblins.

"We will not harm you! Lay down your weapon and let's work together!" he implores.

This did not work out so well with the treant--I will be prepared, just in case.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Delay. In the event it still attacks us, I'll cast heightened glitterdust (DC 20 Will)


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Selde looked down at the large arrow sticking out of her shoulder in confusion. Her head began to tilt as a wave of exhaustion made her body and mind heavy.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Jillian takes the massive arrow with a solid thud, she is grateful though when it only rings her bell and doesn't do any damage. She feels something come over her but manages to shake it off. She lowers her weapon and raises one hand as a sign to wait.

"WAIT! We are not here to do harm. We are just trying to figure out what is happening with these fires..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

"NO. HURT. DROP. WEAPONS." it repeats, firing three more arrows.

Wren: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 NL Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5) + 5 = 14
Thael: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 NL Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11
Caspan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 NL Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 = 10

If hit, DC14 Will save or fall asleep.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian stabs her blade into the ground and puts both her hands up she calls out to the creature "Stop attacking! NO HURT..."

She tries talking to it in a few other languages to see if it understands her repeating the same phrase "We don't want to hurt you, we want to help, please stop attacking."

She will first try in Giant, then Sylvan, Terran, Elven, Celestial, Draconic.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

When Jillian puts her blade down and calls out in Giant, it lowers its bow and responds in kind.

Giant:
"You must not burn any more trees. I will not allow it. You may leave the area, but if I see any other area of the forest injured in such a manner I shall remove you."


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian shakes her head as she speaks back to the thing in its native tongue

Giant:
"Wait a minute, we didn't burn anything! We were just moving through the area and came across a horribly burnt tree. It looked like there was a fight, and someone used alchemist fire. That wasn't us. We are just trying to find a safe haven from the hobgoblins. Have you seen any hobgoblins about, what about any of the rangers? Do you know of any camps or forts around? If you can help us with information, maybe we can help you with whoever is burning the forest...?"


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The giant seems confused and responds to Jillian.

Giant:
"You didn't set the fire and kill the rangers? Rangers are friends and help protect the forest. I know nothing of hobgoblins. Herge only want harmony and peacefulness in the woods. Herge didn't mean to cause you injury. Herge know of ranger forts, yes."


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian smiles as she picks up her sword and straps it on her back then walks toward the giant, she notes to the other "It's ok, she thought we started the fires, she appologized for attacking. Might have a lead on the rangers." After getting closer she responds back in giant.

Giant:
"No, in fact we were trying to figure out what happened. There was a tree to the south, burnt up with bodies in it. My companion saw another burnt tree to the north, that is what brought us here. Anyway, nice to meet you Herge my name is Jillian. These are my friends. We are escorting a larger group to try and find safe haven with the rangers. The hobgoblins sacked our town, killed or enslaved everyone that didn't escape with us. Now they build their forces and I believe they seek to expand through these lands, likely destroying the forest in the process.

If you can get us to the rangers fort so we can make sure our people are safe, then I promise you we will help you find who is burning the forest and put a stop to it."


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde shook off the wave of exhaustion, her elf blood fighting off the magical effects. She quickly pulled loose the arrow and knocked her own. She kept her alert stance as Jillian called out to the giant. When the paladin dropped her sword, Selde's slowly released the tension of her bow, confusion clear on her face.

Quote:


Jillian smiles as she picks up her sword and straps it on her back then walks toward the giant, she notes to the other "It's ok, she thought we started the fires, she appologized for attacking. Might have a lead on the rangers." After getting closer she responds back in giant.

"If you think we can trust her." Selde said softly as she replaced the arrow in her quiver. Inspecting her shoulder, Selde found a bruise but no real damage. Her spidersilk body suit having once again proven it's worth, though the half-elf suspected the giant hadn't been shooting to kill.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

"Forts there." the giant says, pointing east, north and northwest one after another. "Rangers."

Giant:
"Hello Jillian. Rangers have three forts. Herge stay here to protect forest from hobgoblins. No more fires. Herge put out the fires."


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian nods and asks a couple last things.

Giant:
"Do you know if any of the rangers are still at any of the forts, and about how far away is each one from here? Thank you for your help. Once we get our people to safety and check in with the rangers then I will see if we can't help you stop these hobgoblins as well."[/b]

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 2 | HP 51/51 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +6; R +5; W +7 | CMB +2; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +3 (1d6-1) | Perc +12

Thael narrowly avoids the arrow shot by the giant.

As Jillian speaks with it, the wizard is impressed that she speaks its language. Speaking many himself, he vows to learn the tongue of the giants at some point.

He holds the spell he had been about to cast, waiting to see how Jillian resolves things.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 7 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 42/42 | Init.+4 | Perc.+13 | CMD 13 |F+5, R+6 W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 6 points/day

Will 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

”That smarts,” Wren yelled, rubbing the bruise the arrow left on her. She was about to respond with hostility of her own, until see hears Jillian seeming to get through to it somehow. ”Be careful, Jillian. Those big arrows hurt!”


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 2/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: dragon style (+2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round)

Will: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 = 19

"Grr," Caspan growls as he sways a bit after the arrow hits him.

He grits his teeth at Jillian's words and holds off on attacking.

"I didn't have any weapons to start with!" he mutters to himself. "Even Kining could see that!"


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The giant points east, then north, then west. It looks out at the large group of survivors who are amassing in the distance

Giant:
"One wind. Two wind. Three wind."

"Herge has not seen rangers in moons. Herge was mad to see burned rangers. Not happy Herge. Herge protect those who protect forest." she says, looking out at the large group of survivors who are amassing in the distance.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian nods and thanks the giant again before turning to the others, ”So apparently there are three forts or camps, not completely sure. One to the East, the north and the west. Each closer than the last, she said they were winds away. Not sure what that means, but sounds like the eastern one is the closest. I say we head that way to check it out.”


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Caspan shrugs, as happy to go that way as any other. Works for me, since we've got no knowledge about any of them.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

"We have no better option." Selde said softly as she nodded in agreement.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

You head out east and quickly find tracks that double back the way you came, likely indicating that the hobgoblins you fought earlier may have been the ones you were tracking. However, a well-worn trail leads further northeast.

It is late afternoon by the time the trail opens up into a large clearing in the forest. Here, a large fort stands, constructed from weathered blocks of smooth, gray stone. The mortar between the stones is discolored by a dark, tenacious mold, and creeping vines crawl up the fort's exterior.

Two massive towers on the western side of this fort are connected by a high wall with a gatehouse festooned in ivy. Mushrooms blossom amid ferns along the ground. The wooden double door of the gatehouse is banded with iron, but one door stands slightly ajar.

It appears the northeastern tower of the fort has collapsed onto the northern wall, scattering chunks of stone across the area and knocking a ten-foot-wide gap in the wall. A massive keep looms over the courtyard beyond the gap.

The gate wall is 20 feet high and contains the double doors leading into the fort. The northeast tower is collapsed, though you cannot see more from your location to the south. The sounds of revel are coming from within the fort and you can see light dancing on the walls, most likely from a bonfire in the courtyard.

Artist's Interpretation


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde's grip on her bow tightened at the sight of the fort and the sounds of revelry. "...What now?" Selde turned to Jillian and asked.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian looks to Selde, then Caspan "Can one of you sneak up and get a closer look? See if it is rangers or hobgoblins?"


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde placed her crown on Nur with a smile before drawing up her hood and dismounting with a graceful leap. "I'll see what I can find, watch Nur for me." Selde said softly before slinking away.

Stealth for some reconnaissance. Selde will take her time and attempt to stay upwind and in cover as much as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

"Hmmph," Caspan growls as Selde takes off. He waits a few moments and then follows her. He's not quite as quiet as she is, but close.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

If Caspan is coming along then Stealth Synergy activates and Selde uses his 17 for a total of 31.


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Caspan grunts as Selde seems to try to use his own step on a twig as a possible reminder to be careful, moving even more carefully than she was before. [ooc]Hmph. She wouldn't be that quiet if it weren't for me![/i]


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 7 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 42/42 | Init.+4 | Perc.+13 | CMD 13 |F+5, R+6 W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 6 points/day

Wren started to call out, wanting to cast Silence on one of the scouts, but they were gone before she could utter a sound. Be careful, she thought as she watched them scamper up to the fort.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ok, from which side would you like to approach the fort and how closer are you getting?


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

I guess the northern side with the hole in the wall. Definitely going to keep some distance to avoid being spotted. Want to see if it's Hobgoblins and get a rough idea of their number and placement.


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

Agreed. And I'm probably 30-60 feet behind Selde...


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39
Jillian Vrosk wrote:

Added stuff to the loot sheet, Jillian and Emil should probably take oils of magic weapon since they have weapons, can it work on Selde's bow? Don't think it works on Caspan's fist. Should divvy out the CMW otherwise, nothing of use for Jillian.

Still waiting to see if there are any leads from her Survival check

Emil's already got a magic weapon and can cast the spell, let other's take the oils.

I'm working my way through the posts to get up to speed. Sorry if there are a few out of order posts.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

Are we still on the same day as the battle in which Emil cast Plant Growth and Entangle? If not, are we still on the day with the fight with the beetles?


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 7 | hp: -4/46 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 14 FF 18 CMD 19| F: +8 R: +5 W: +9 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 10/10 BA: 6/6 | Pila: 3/39

While Selde and Caspan investigate, Emil seeks out Abby. "Have ya ever been in this fort? What do ya make o' the damage an' the sounds inside? Doesn't sound like rangers ta me, but what do I know?"


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Yes, sane day still. It’s late afternoon of that day.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Meant to update this on Saturday and forgot :(

While the rest of you wait in the cover of the trees, Selde and Caspan quietly sneak east and come through the area on the northern side of the fort. The courtyard consists of hard-packed earth and gravel, it is filled with large stones spilled from the tumbled northeastern tower. A building situated against the northern wall has been almost entirely crushed, while an intact stable stands against the southern wall. A wooden double door stands slightly ajar to the west, leading out of the fort. Another double door leads into the large keep to the east, and a balcony twenty feet above the keep’s entrance overlooks the courtyard. A narrow wooden door stands at the base of each of the three remaining towers, and a trap door atop the battlements of each one provides access from above.

Of the stones scattered across the courtyard, the largest are as tall as a human and all are stained dark red. The source of the stains is no mystery: hobgoblin corpses with slit throats hang upside-down from crude gibbets above each of the gruesome stones.

A dozen severely inebriated fey celebrate here, drinking copiously from over a dozen barrels of wine in a heavy wagon against the wall of the keep. More than a dozen more empty barrels are scattered around. The creatures resemble knobby-kneed humanoids with particularly thick beards and wild manes of hair. The fey dance, belt out odd songs in Sylvan, and pound out rhythms on makeshift drums. None seem to be paying much attention to their surroundings.

Selde can hear a snippet of conversation from below:

Sylvan:
"Halk Grundlechar is a brute, but he's doing a fine job as First Drinker of the Red Rock Revel. I cheer every time he comes out on the balcony with a command to open another cask. May the revel never end!"

The stealthy duo is not as quiet as they had hoped however, several lose rocks breaking free from their position on the broken wall and alerting three sentries nearby. Three knobby-kneed, stunted humanoids with particularly thick beards and wild manes of hair that hide most of its body from view shout

"Oi! Look, stunty little humans!" one shouts in Common.

"Whoever kills the fat one doesn't have to do guard duty anymore!" one says with a grin.

"Yer on!" the other shouts!

Selde Knowledge: Nature DC14:
Selde recognizes the fey as korreds. Korreds are an ancient fey race who like forested areas with nice, rocky ground. They resemble small, wild-haired humanoids with wild, knotted hair. Korreds especially like to dance in ancient stone circles within forest glades, often led by satyrs with panpipes. They are a shy race and do not take kindly to outsiders discovering them, even by accident. They almost always attack non-korreds who stumble into their territory, seeking to kill them or at least drive them off.

All of the rubble on the map is difficult terrain.

R1: Caspan, Creatures, Selde

GM:

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 Oh, so close sneaky sneakies!

Init: Caspan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Init: Father Emil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Init: Jillian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Init: Selde: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Init: Thael: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Init: Wren: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Init: Korreds: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male human brawler 7 74 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +11* CMD: 23* | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 | Per +9 | Init +2

"Huh. Was going to say maybe they'd make friends, but then they had to go insult you, Selde. You ain't fat at all..." Caspan says as he surveys the scene in front of him.

Not willing to retreat while fatty ... er, Selde ... is slow to realize the threat, Caspan prepares himself for a fight, ready to knock down the first of the hob killers who get to him.

Move: Martial flexibility to get dragon style again.
Standard: Ready action to trip first one that comes within range
Improved Trip: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 3/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects: dragon style 1/10 (+2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round)

As usual when I'm home, I can't see the map.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The first fey creature unleashes a strange laugh that is literally stunning, causing both and Caspan and Selde to to halt momentarily to keep their bearings. DC14 Fort or be stunned for 1d2 ⇒ 2 rounds.

The second fey moves up to Selde and it's hair begins to writhe and twitch as it closes in. Once adjacent to her, the hair begins to pull and tug at her feet and arms, trying to grab her. DC16 Reflex save or become entangled in its hair.

The third creature picks up a rock and hurls it at the brawler, but misses.

R1: Selde R2: Thael, Caspan, Creatures, Emil, Selde, Wren, Jillian[/b]

Rock Caspan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 7| HP: 32/48 NL: | AC:18(B:21) FF:13(B:16) T:15 CMD:23 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 13 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Why are we starting so close to them? We were scouting the place and keeping our distance, not infiltrating. Definitely wouldn't have gotten within 1 move action out in the open like this.

K. Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

2,951 to 3,000 of 4,200 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.