Strange Aeons Too?(Closed recruitment)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons map


251 to 300 of 1,190 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

We could have used some Diplomacy back at the barricade :P
Where our diplomancers at?

"I don't sense any deception" - Garrosh snarls, looking at the others.

He follows Caraid protectively though, his morningstar firmly in hand - "But be careful child"


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra waits for the woman to answer Caraid. She stays behind the woman's line of sight, with her sword leaning over Kilarra's shoulder.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

No idea on where the diplomancers went ^^

The old woman pouts petulantly, "Oh, you saw through it. What a pity." With that she leaps to her feet, her features shifting in a macabre fashion to form a grayish humanoid creature that seems almost unfinished, with a narrow head, gaunt limbs, and a sinister, noseless face, that stands balanced on both feet.

Caraid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Rozalia init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Auryl init: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Doppelgranny: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

The party, from their previous experience with the mad doctor, recognizes the creature as a doppelganger.

Rubble is DT, everyone except for Garrosh, Auryl up


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Impersonating an old woman, that is just wrong."
"You tell the ugly hag, brother."
the siblings tell the doppleganger off as Piotr steps as quick as he can over the rubble, so he is in front of the others with his shield at the ready.

moving takes all his actions, but will use saving shield if the critter attacks anyone other than him.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +1  

Rozalia glares at the doppelgänger!

Evil eye, -2 attacks for 7 rounds or 1 round with a DC 14 Will save.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The doppelganger shrugs off the worst of Rozalia's evil eye.

"What's wrong with that? I'd get past the barricade, get a chance of getting a few more human experimental subjects."The doppelganger replies.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"And now you'll die." Says Kilarra as she moves in to split it in two.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Kilarra tries to slice the doppelganger into two but it dodges to the side. "Ooh, a tiefling! I wonder if I could graft your scales onto my skin to give more protection."The doppelganger wonders out loud. "Human skin is rather soft and pliable, but tiefling scales might be a different matter."


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 4 = 5 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

With Kilarra in close combat with the creature Caraid is reluctant to launch any of his floating debris, and achieves nothing.

Again!


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The doppelganger mutters almost as if to itself, "Now to collect some tiefling samples." Then it lunges out at Kilarra, its claws outstretched.

Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

One of the claws clangs harmlessly off Kilarra's field plate, but Pitor is not fast enough to block the second claw, which cuts into Killara's flesh.

8 dmg to Kilarra

"Hmm," The doppelganger looks at its bloody claw, "The scales are truly different..."

Party up


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

attack with power attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
"These things are disgusting" Ann hisses as Piotr takes advantage of it focusing on Killara. Their desires to kill this thing merge for a second as the sword slices into its flesh.

"Focus on me, stubby old cow" Piotr smiles at the thing, hoping to keep it from cutting up someone else.

as always though, use saving shield on the first person he can.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Piotr opens large gnash in the doppelganger's abdomen, sending grey fluids spilling out. "Okay, my skin definitely needs some better protection."The doppelganger hisses in pain. 14 dmg to doppelganger.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Her fury allconsuming, Kilarra just flails around with her sword, doing absolutely nothing (but looking very scary!).

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh wades in, drawing his morningstar and swinging at the creature - "What are you doing here? Why are you attacking this place?!" - he roars.

Morningstar, 2h: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 4 = 5 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

One day I will hit, and that day will be glorious!


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +1  

Rozalia continues to glare at the doppelganger, even as she emits eerie laughter.

Use evil eye to give doppelganger -2 AC for 1 round or 7 with a failed DC 14 Will save. Cackle as a move action so the -2 to attacks persists another round.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Caraid's debris go too high as he is trying not to hit Kilarra with it.

will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

The doppelganger resists Rozalia's evil eye, and she realizes that it won't hold for very long.

You know, the usual 1 round penalty to be extended with cackle


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Sorry forgot to respond to your post earlier

Garrosh's morningstar bounces off the doppelganger's leathery skin. "What am I doing here?" The doppelganger gives a curious shrug. "Good point, I don't really know."

"Once I had a reason, a purpose...but that seems like another lifetime ago," The doppelganger muses. "Now I'm free from petty moral restraints, there's only my research, to do things that I never dared to."


Auryl does what little he can to stem the ebb and flow of madness. Calling upon the restorative powers of Sarenrae, he tries to make Killara whole again.

Cast CLW on Killara, burning Protection From Evil
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The doppelganger snarls at Piotr, "There will be time for experiments once I'm done with you," while reaching out with its claws, but Pitor blocks one claw strike with his shield while the other is turned away by his breastplate.

claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Party up


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +1  

Rozalia continues her apparently nervous laughter as she moves up beside her son.

Two move actions to move and cackle.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh shifts his position to flank with Kilarra, and swings again - "You will not survive this confrontation unless you surrender"

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The air continues to swirl with debris, which miraculously inconveniences no-one.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11

Kilarra puts her whole body into another devastating sword swing. "Surrender? This creature has no remorse!"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

As Garrosh moves through the rubble, the creature lashes out with a claw and nearly strikes him except for Pitor getting his shield up in time to ward off the blow.

claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Garrosh smashes the creature's ribs with his morningstar, as it gasps out in pain, "No, this cannot be! Doppelganger kind is sup-" That sentence is never finished as Kilarra lops its head off at the neck and the two halves fall onto the ground.

Kilarra knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Garrosh knowledge religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The party finds strips of skin of human and doppelganger alike laid out on a metal tray, neatly labeled as "Sample 1", "Sample 2" , with a (D) demarking doppelganger skin. Spending 10 minutes clearing away the rubble reveals desks containing paper and basic writing implements, a wooden holy symbol of a reversed spiral, which Kilarra identifies it as being of Pharasma, a small steel mirror, a pair of gaudy red leather boots with cat skin lining (worth 20 gp) and 15 gold pieces.

Take 10 perception given

"Oh my god...is this whole place infested with psychos?" Campre shudders as he sees the strips of skin.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr eyes the orderly, as Ann mumbles through the obvious retorts possible on that one.

seeing the spoils, she practically gushes over the catskin boots.
"Get those for me!" she coos.
"You don't have legs so why-" Piotr shuts up when he realizes he was talking aloud again.
He could almost feel her crossing her arms and looking sullen, but she keeps quiet, which is almost worse.

He gives a half smile the others, while running his hand through his hair, then suggests "We should drag this thing back to the barricade. Might not be enough, but it is fresh enough, to mean it wasn't their kill, right?"


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra settles her sword back on her shoulder. She's breathing heavy, yet has barely broken a sweat. "Do we need to bring the whole body? And what's that about not having legs? I may not have feet, but I definitely have legs strong enough to put a hoof where it needs to be..." She raises and eyebrow and looks at Piotr to get a sense if he was trying to be mean.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"What? Oh, no hooves are fine. No ramming your pinkie toe into a door jam. Evolutionary trait if you ask me..."

"Evolutionary trait, what in the bleeding hells, are you babbling about?"

"I don't know!" he snaps... at himself. Making him sigh and fluster when he realizes he's doing it again. He gives an embarrassed look to Kilarra, "I'm sorry. My heads still woolen and not a bit straight yet from... whatever it was, we've been through. I'll try and be better."


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra eyes him suspiciously, but lets it drop. "Right... How about you carry the body back to that shaft and we can show it to the guards." She picks up the head and carries it, though she takes care to keep it from bleeding all over her.


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Caraid's face lights up when the paper and drawing materials are found and he grabs them and immediately begins sketching. A scene rapidly takes shape, three heroic figure surrounding a shadowy figure with huge claws. The strange thing is the room, which arches up into a hazy point and somehow seems longer than the page should allow...

He's so absorbed that he actually misses the dragging of the body and has to scramble to catch up!

I can't fight - but I can draw pretty pictures of how good you guys are at it! :)


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh again watches as Piotr seems to talk to himself, then turns to the grim task at hand, grabbing the doppelganger corpse by one foot and dragging it with him - "This is going to be messy" - he warns.

"That is amazing child" - he compliments Caraid on his drawing as they move along.

Let's try using Diplo this time around? ;)


Auryl shakes his head at Garrosh and frees up his hands by putting away his scimitar. "Here, let me help you. Don't let them succeed at taking away at their dignity, not even in death." He then squats down to pick up the doppelganger's corpse by the shoulders and helps Garrosh carry it to the barricade.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Look, urm... Maybe this isn't the best time to quarrel about legs and feet?" Campre interjects."You know discrimination is an ugly, ugly thing?"

"I like the picture."Campre compliments Caraid. "Maybe we can frame it up and put it in the chapel so that we all know that no matter how bleak life may seem, we should never lose hope."

Auryl and Campre haul the doppelganger body to the barricade and the curly blonde man looks it over with a critical eye. " Looks like you've been busy out there, " He comments.


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

"That's two dead doppelgangers." Caraid says, "Is that enough or do you want more?"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

PIotr is NOT diplomatic... unfortunately. Anyone else want to try the whole talking thing with the barricaders.

Piotr follows behind the corpse carrier, thankful in a way his 'voices' got him out of having to spend more time with gray icky. He guards the rear.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Hmm...that one's pretty fresh." The curly haired blonde man remarks, "Give me your weapons, and you can follow me." He tells the party.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra looks to Caraid, Auryl, and Rozalia. "We're counting on you." She says, now removing all her weapons and getting ready to pass them up to the guard.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The man with curly blonde hair gets one of the other guards to collect the party's weapons, then brusquely orders them, "Follow me."

He then opens the door to the left and gestures for the party to follow him.

B5

Improvised pallets are clustered beneath sculpted divinities and cooking fires burn beneath cracked windows in this chapel. Panes of violet and blue stained glass form spiraling patterns between prisonlike bars, while dozens of candles flicker from modest alcove shrines. There are 18 other humans with a mixture of ethnicities, mostly Varisan, but some Kellid and Garundi that look up and eye the party with worried looks on their haggard faces when they enter. A your woman clad in black leather, with one gold eye and one green eye watches over the flock of survivors.

"Winter - we have another 7 survivors." The curly haired blonde man reports. "They got rid of some doppelgangers so they should be ok."

"Campre, what happened to you after you got Basily and Bates out? You were missing for at least a day!" Winter asks Campre.

"Well the walls fell on us - probably due to the aftershake, and I woke up tied to a table with some doppelganger disguised as Scaen cutting me up - they," He gestures at the group, "Killed the doppelganger and helped me get out."

"Amelia, Roland and Jane are dead. The doppelganger started on them first." Campre reports grimly.

"Thank you for rescue Campre," Winter thanks the party. "I'll not lie to you, the situation here isn't pretty. We're all trying to get out of this hellhole, but out there there's only yellow fog. I'm not sure even if we could find our way to the entrance of the Brairstone Asylum, we could escape." Winter tells the party matter-of-factly.

"You're welcome to what meager sanctuary that we can provide here, since you've proven yourself to Captain York." Winter continues. "But we'll need to find a way to clear the yellow fog if any of us are going to make it out of here alive."


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"Thank you. Kilarra is my name. I was an officer of Lastwall before ending up here. What is your background, Winter?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"I am Winter Klaczka, Priestess of Pharasma," She gestures at her reversed spiral at her belt. "My reasons here - we can talk about it later. What we need to do is to stay alive and figure a way out of this madness."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"I'm Piotr." he introduces himself, as he looks around at all the people in trouble, his usually protectiveness kicking in.

"I was a town guard, but there is a lot I can't remember, too much. Does everyone here have that problem?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Nope. But since this an Asylum, and most of the survivors are patients here, so yes they all have issues of some kind." Winter answers.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh is not happy giving up all his weapons in face of these unknown conditions, but he understands they have to risk it, and acquiesces.

"Does anyone remember or know anything about this yellow fog and what may have caused it? As you describe it, it seems unnatural somehow, and not simply a weather event, right?" - the half-orc pipes in - "Did it show up after or before the earthquake?"

"I am Garrosh by the way" - he adds, suddenly realizing introductions are in order, then fiddles in his pack for a few seconds - "We found this outside - is it yours?" - and produces the wooden holy symbol of Pharasma they found previously.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Winter examines the wooden holy symbol grimly. "It belonged to Chaplain Setrakian."

"Look, I have 22 survivors to take care off, Naysa hasn't been able to get Loric to take his medicine," she points at a middle aged, matronly woman who is chasing a young, thin harried looking man around, "7 days of food supplies left,in the hands of questionable cooks" she combs her hand through her hair in an attempt to calm down, "And this place gets cold at night and we have children and elderly who need to be kept warm."

"If you have time to ask so many questions, you should have time to help out."Winter says abruptly at Garrosh's long list of questions. "I'll have to go create more water else we'll be running short."


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

"How can I help?" Caraid asks, neglecting to give a name more out of absentmindedness than a desire for anonymity.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
GM Mort wrote:

Winter examines the wooden holy symbol grimly. "It belonged to Chaplain Setrakian."

"Look, I have 22 survivors to take care off, Naysa hasn't been able to get Loric to take his medicine," she points at a middle aged, matronly woman who is chasing a young, thin harried looking man around, "7 days of food supplies left,in the hands of questionable cooks" she combs her hand through her hair in an attempt to calm down, "And this place gets cold at night and we have children and elderly who need to be kept warm."

"If you have time to ask so many questions, you should have time to help out."Winter says abruptly at Garrosh's long list of questions. "I'll have to go create more water else we'll be running short."

"Bah! You are jumping to conclusions. Did I say I am not available to help with everyone's immediate needs? Did we just not plow through human blood and gore to get here? Or do you think you are the only one in this place trying to do the right thing?" - he shows Winter his clothes and hands covered in dried blood - "You started throwing all this information at us, and saying 'we'll need to find a way to clear the yellow fog if any of us are going to make it out of here alive' - Garrosh snorts - "I was just trying to help, is all. Whatever. Forget I asked, but if you had time to scold me, you could have just answered" - he shrugs, and crosses his arms over his chest.

"What do you need done then?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Well, you didn't say you were available to help and usually questions lead to more questions, which I don't mind answering, but when I have more time."Winter replies.

"You can help Naysa over there," Winter gestures at the matronly woman chasing the thin, harried young man around.

Bluff, diplomacy or intimidate check

"Or help Desman with breaking up the furniture," Winter gestures to a nervous looking young man who is busy chopping splintered furniture and support beams.

Strength check and spend an hour working at the heap, he produces enough scrap wood to keep the fires burning for the night. Additionally, if a PC succeeds at a Survival check or employs a two-handed slashing weapon to break up the scrap, she produces an excess of firewood.

"Or help Tolman cook," Winter points at a bookishly handsome young man, who is trying to chop the skin off the turnips before chopping them up.

Profession (cook) or Survival check to help prepare meal


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr looked back and forth between Winter and Garrosh, wondering briefly why they were suddenly bickering like an old married couple, then went to help the nervous young man. "Can I borrow your axe? Chopping wood with a sword does murder to its edge. Oh wait, you guys took my sword for safe keeping... so... I promise not to hit anyone with the axe." he pledges, and holds out his hand with a hopefully nice smile.

strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Desman jumps when Piotr addresses him, "Oh...so you're the one Captain York vouched for. Well I have a handaxe here," Desman hands Piotr a handaxe, "But if you need your sword back, ask Captain York for it and tell him you're helping chop firewood."

Piotr does not manage to make much headway on the big pieces of furniture with his borrowed handaxe, but does manage to chip some smaller pieces up into firewood.

Gain one day of firewood


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr inspects the edge on that handaxe, grimacing, like it has offended him in some way. But continues over the next hour to do menial back breaking work... just like most days in the guard in truth.

251 to 300 of 1,190 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Too All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.