Strange Aeons Too?(Closed recruitment)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons map


451 to 500 of 1,302 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Knw Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Apparently not! This is clearly the alias where my luck goes to die!


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Wow Caraid... You aren't joking. How is that even possible? :P

Knowledge (Engineering) untrained - how big is the risk of collapse?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"No... but I can move rocks." he says, putting up his sword and shield, before getting ready to be manual labor. "Just point out if I'm about to get crushed."

It is just setting you up to explode in awesomeness when we really need it!! or it hates you... did you talk about its mother in a previous life?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Caraid starts lifting the rocks to free the body, but as he lifts the rocks, he seems to have released the pressure on the body and the head and hands begin to wiggle their way out of the remaining rubble and go after the party.

This is so Simon Green where no good deed goes unrewarded.

Caraid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Rozalia init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Auryl init: 1d20 ⇒ 8

head init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
hands init: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Garrosh and Rozalia up

It's the 5th so I ain't botting Rozalia.

Knowledge religion Rozalia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Knowledge religion Kilarra: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Knowledge religion Garrosh: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"The head seems familiar, its like we've run into those before. It's undead, so it is immune to mind affecting effects." Kilarra says, stating the obvious.

Knowledge religion Rozalia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Knowledge religion Kilarra: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Knowledge religion Garrosh: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"Be careful about the hands - they're crawling hands, undead hands that can grab you, despite their small size!" Kilarra warns the party.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Need to start being more intelligent - I am not a tank. Will wait to go after Piotr ;)


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr is just slow... its the armor :)


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia touches Caraid's shoulder, granting him insight.

Guidance on Caraid, maybe he will hit something.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The crawling hands move towards Piotr, hampered by the rubble. The head however, flies over the rubble and tries to slam Piotr but just bumps off his breastplate.

slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Kilarra takes offense to that and tries to smashes the little tiny annoyance out of the air.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15

Party up


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"When have we run into a floating undead head before!" Piotr insists wasn't that in the prolog?

attack ???, power attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 I don't see the head on the map anymore, does that mean Kilarra killed it? If so Piotr will hold his action until a hand comes closer... allowing Caraid an attack without -4!

damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Even with his mother's support Caraid is unable to target the scuttling hands effectively.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

I'm back now, just waiting for Piotr's question to be answered before I cast greatsword again.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Yeah Kilarra dealt with the head

Piotr readies to attack the hand as it gets close while Caraid sends debris ineffectually flying through the air.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra slices right through the head, then steps forwards and tries to bash the hand in front of her with the backswing.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr will cover Kilarra with his shield, if they attack her instead.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Kilarra slices the offending hand in question into two and the two halves fall to the ground.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Shouldn't Piotr be 5' further north?

Garrosh swings around the others to join Piotr and Kilarra at the front, and try to smash the last hand with his morningstar.

Morningstar 2h: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Crap, in that case I didn't want to move forward. My bad. Nevermind now :P


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Piotr said to ready his action if head was dead, not move

Go ahead and retcon if you want


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Nah its fine - keep it as it is.


"Stick together, don't get stuck in the rubble!!!" Auryl tries not to yell, but the thought of a companion getting stuck in the debris and being clawed to death horrifies him. Is it insane to have such thoughts? Maybe, but in this doomed place, anything seems possible.

Std action: firebolt domain power
Ranged Touch: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3
Man, this frikkin' dice luck is absolutely killing me.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Okie. My activity isn't quite what it used to be

Garrosh steps forward and batters the hand badly with his morningstar. Auryl's firebolt flies over the dimmunitive menace. The hand moves in to grab Garrosh and he smacks it once more, as does Kilarra, but the hand is too small to hit.

morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Kilarra AOO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Party up


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia grants her son more guidance.


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Caraid finally hits on a winnning plan! He grabs at the hand itself and slams it into the floor, thereby avoiding any chance of things missing!


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Caraid slams the hand to the ground, and it lies on the floor, unmoving.

Combat over


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"It committed suicide by bashing itself against the floor?" Asks Kilarra as she stands at ease and looks at the hand curiously.


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

That is more likely than Caraid hitting something!

"That might have been me?" The teenager says, slightly uncertain. He's never done anything in combat before apart from miss!


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

WOOHOO!! Caraid! The streak is over.

Piotr kicks the thing, and stabs it to make very sure it is dead. Smiling over at Caraid, he says "Good job." They've seen him throw things with his mind already, yes?

Back to clearing out the rubble then?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The party sees on the now headless and handless body a pearl necklace. However the remaining rubble to the north is too heavy to be lifted mentally and looks unstable enough that attempts to do so may result it coming tumbling down. The party does spot a door to the left though.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr fishes the necklace off the body. "Magic? Otherwise we might find out who she was and get it to her family." Then heads to the door, looking for traps as normal.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

As Piotr tries to fish out the necklace, the intestines pull themselves free of their body and attempt to entangle him.

Piotr eventually chops the intestines into pieces to free himself.

Rozalia knowledge religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Rozalia realizes that it is a haunt - some dark powers worked on the now mutilated body, causing the body parts to animate as undead horrors.

Piotr checks for traps but finds none, though he hears faint cries of, "Praise!" and some inhuman growling from beyond.

Piotr only:

"You're getting better at this..."Ann admits grudgingly. "Now if you'd stop running headfirst into trouble..."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"I have a good teacher." he mumbles, quietly. Even though he admitted to Caraid and Maeve about hearing Ann in his head, he isn't sure the others heard him. Which is probably a good thing.

Then back to the others, "I heard voices and growls on the other side. Be ready for anything."

If there are no suggestions of waiting, he'll ease open the door.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Necklace added to loot list - we still need to check it for magic.

"Why would someone be animated after death in such a manner?" - Garrosh ponders aloud, as they head to the next door.

He puts his morningstar away, and draws his bow.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

B13

Piotr pushes open the door.

Sturdy racks and toppled tables suggest this space once served as a sizable laundry. Much of the northern end of the room is filled with rubble.

A wall of pipelike crossbeams fills the western alcove of this room. Three figures are manacled to the rack here, from south to north: a human wearing stained yellow sheets as robes and bearing a flame-shaped chalk mark upon his forehead, the corpse of a partially eaten patient, and a humanoid creature that has long, sharp teeth, and its pallid flesh is stretched tightly over its starved frame.

The prisoners cannot move from the four westernmost spaces of the alcove, but they can slide north and south.

The northern most prisoner in stained yellow sheets looks at the party, then yells, "Praise!"

Rozalia knowledge religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Kilarra knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Garrosh knowledge religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +1  

Rozalia places a warm hand on her son's shoulder. "Well done," she says.

She shudders at the horrid display from the corpse and looks at Garrosh. "I doubt it was intentional. Haunts like these usually arise when somebody dies in the grips of intense pain or emotional trauma. The best we can do is try to put the wounded spirits to rest."

Inside the next room, she looks askance at the people hanging from the rack. She tries to fight her nausea when she sees one has been partially eaten. To the man in the sheets, she asks, "Whom do you praise?"


"... the shackles?", mumbles Auryl as he stares wide-eyed at the manic sight right in front of them. It is especially the half-eaten corpse that causes distress, but the unnaturally long, sharp teeth on the gruesome humanoid aren't exactly helping either.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"What's going on here?" Piotr asks, voice angry, sword and shield ready. He takes a step forward so he's not blocking the doorway for the others.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

He raises his manacled arms in supplication at the party."Zandalus sees!"


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"It's one of those apostles." Says Kilarra. "If he wasn't bound, he'd be attacking us right now. We should kill him, and that ghoul-looking one too."


|HP: 30/30 (4NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 2/6 | Active conditions: TB: +5(6)[7], 2d6+2+3(+1)[+2] |

"Who tied them up?" Caraid asks, which might well be the most pertinent question right now!


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"I'm not normally one to jump to conclusions, but I... tend to agree on this one. At least the fanged one." he says to Kilarra. "And good question Caraid."

we don't see anyone else do we?

"Who is Zandalus?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Words fail!" The man in stained yellow robes tugs at his manacles, trying to pull away from them as he raises his chained hands at the party.

The humanoid creature with long sharp teeth tries to pull free off its restraints without success. "Must feed.."It growls in a guttural voice.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 26/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Garrosh... I think it would be best if you took care of that thing with your bow. Keeping us away from it as best as possible. We can keep the other chained up here until we have an idea of what is going on." Piotr suggests.


"Eh, fair dinkum to the idea of offing 'em, but eh, who exactly managed to put those shackles on them?"


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Mort, are we able to as ascertain if the sharp fanged one is an undead or something equally monstrous? What about the human? Seems to be... Human? And alive? :D

Garrosh readies his bow.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

You guys unfortunately flubbed the religion check to find out what the sharp fanged one was.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"You!" - Garrosh growls at the feral creature, taking a bead with his bow - "Who are you?! What are you doing here?! Speak or your life is forfeit!"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Well, I used to be a patient here and we were captured by those grey lanky things. I know I'm hungry all the time now..."The sharp fanged humanoid says while looking at Garrosh nervously.


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"Oh... that's a bit different. Maybe he isn't undead? He's clearly not mindless." Kilarra chimes in. She hefts her sword and points it at the cultist in the yellow robes. "Anyone have an issue with me running through this 'apostle'?"


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"We do not know if they are doing this of their own free will..." - Garrosh replies to Kilarra, turning on the toothy creature again - "Why would they chain you? And why chain a corpse? Why not just leave it on the floor?"

451 to 500 of 1,302 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Too All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.