Strange Aeons Too?(Closed recruitment)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons map


401 to 450 of 1,181 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr smiles at Caraid's help, and gives up his turn to the vastly more talented young man.

"I'm no expect, but yeah I think so." though he has his doubts a bit after a few of the ones he's been having lately.


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Caraid adds a cape covered in flowers to the thin man's shoulders, and then draws a large plate of food, a knife and fork slightly before him, as though the man is flying his cloud straight towards dinner!

"I dream about strange places all the time." He says calmly. "I've never been there though. I just draw pictures of them - some of them are impossible though, so not real."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
GM Mort wrote:

"Hello Garrosh," Airwynn replies.

"Yeah we could definitely use more supplies in here, it gets rather cold at night." Airwynn adds, "Especially for the elderly and the children."

"The boiler room lies north of here and further north from that is the laundry room and beyond that is the drying area." Airwynn continues. "The doors to the right of the corridor are the storerooms - if you're looking for assorted supplies, you may be able to find them there."

"I fled here with Brenton after the patient uprising, they started donning yellow robes and attacking the orderlies and doctors from the east wing," Airwynn says, "Debis got separated from us in the chaos...I hope he found somewhere safe to hide."

"Beyond the door where the eye would be is the admission room - if we can get there and get the door open, there's a path down to the docks where we can get back on the other side of the river to Thrushmoor," Airwynn explains. "But since we can't get to the admission room nor the east wing at this point of time, the point is moot."

"Thank you - that is a lot of relevant information" - Garrosh nods - "Since those are the closest ones apparently, I guess we can make an initial supply run to the boiler, laundry and drying rooms. Try to find a way to keep all these people warm" - he ponders, looking around - "Check the storerooms on the way there" - then turns to Airwynn again - "What about further inside the compound? Any other areas which could be of use? Was there a guards room? Or an armory? A kitchen and pantry?"

Also planning on checking with Winter if there is a password we can all use to identify each other safely - maybe they are already using one. And from what we know about them... Would doppelgangers learn that when they impersonate someone?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Doppelgangers do not get it when they change but again they may have other ways of getting information.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |
Caraid wrote:

Caraid adds a cape covered in flowers to the thin man's shoulders, and then draws a large plate of food, a knife and fork slightly before him, as though the man is flying his cloud straight towards dinner!

"I dream about strange places all the time." He says calmly. "I've never been there though. I just draw pictures of them - some of them are impossible though, so not real."

Maeve ponders over the drawing. "Ya, he looks less scawy now."

"Are the places scawy?" Maeve asks Caraid curiously.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"What is the use of me telling you what's further inside the compound if that big eye is blocking our way in getting any further?" Airwynn asks Garrosh. "Clear the eye, then come back, else if I told you everything now, you'd likely forget later anyway."

"Captain York checked out the north passage, it was blocked by rubble that fell down during the earthquake." Airwynn adds.

"This is a place of healing not a fortress, Garrosh, so no on the guards room or the armory." Airwynn chides Garrosh. "It simply wouldn't be safe to leave people of questionable mental states access to weapons. It would be, in fact, a disaster waiting to happen."

"The kitchen would be in the Northern Halls, which is also inaccessible due to that big eye blocking our way."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Grrrr, I hadn't realized the 'eye' was to the North.... Isn't it on B8? That's East, right? I assume she means going East allows access to the North, but there seem to be a lot other 'exploitable' areas north of here? Am I looking at it wrong? Looks like three doors and maybe the option of digging through the rubble...

"I was not hinting the weapons would be accessible to the sick, obviously" - Garrosh grunts ready to go on a tirade, but then calms down - "And I was not aware everything else is blocked by the eye - I have only just arrived, and as you may have guessed did not commit every detail to my head in a heartbeat" - he frowns - "I'm just doing my best to try and help, so thank you for the information. I will try and do the best with it" - he bows, and takes his leave.

B11 we've been there. B4 is the barricade, and B3 are storage - have we looked into those two rooms, or just one of them?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

North up passage is blocked by rubble, you cannot progress any further. The only way further north from here is to go east and loop north. East is blocked by the eye.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

so we really only have the door off of B2 to start with, correct?


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:
GM Mort wrote:
Caraid wrote:

Caraid adds a cape covered in flowers to the thin man's shoulders, and then draws a large plate of food, a knife and fork slightly before him, as though the man is flying his cloud straight towards dinner!

"I dream about strange places all the time." He says calmly. "I've never been there though. I just draw pictures of them - some of them are impossible though, so not real."

Maeve ponders over the drawing. "Ya, he looks less scawy now."

"Are the places scawy?" Maeve asks Caraid curiously.

"Not scary. Just different. Like people." He says, a boyish smile creeping onto his face. "Like us. You're different to me, but you're not scary. Unless you're a monster in disguise? I'd better check!"

He makes a performance of 'checking' Maeve for 'monsterness' which mostly involves tickling her until she's giggling and begging for mercy.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Both left doors from B2 and right door from B2


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Now it is understood I think. Also down the hall and by B11 there is a door to the left. We haven't been there either.

Garrosh rejoins his companions - "Most of the areas are blocked off by that eye monstrosity" - he informs - "For now we are left with exploring the areas north of here - there are a couple of locations which may prove a good source of useful supplies"

And he shares the info obtained from Airwynn. Next Garrosh is going to speak with Winter. Maybe you guys want to check with other NPCs?

"Hello again Captain Winter" - Garrosh nods when he can find the woman - "We're going back out soon, and already have some useful information from Airwynn regarding the areas outside - we will head directly north from here, past the barricade, and down the corridor to check those rooms" - he explains - "I wanted to ask if you want us to be on the lookout for anything in particular, or if there are any additional details about that area you can share? We already know a part of it has collapsed... Also, do you have anyone else out there scavenging? We came across two men scrounging in one of the rooms next to the barricade. Are there others?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Yeah thats the second left door from B2 (down the hall and by B11 door to the left) I was trying to talk about...

'I'- m n- t a- m-n-ster!" Maeve gasps between being tickled silly."'m a p-rsn!"

Nontheless Maeve seems to enjoy being tickled.

"You found Chaplain Setrakain's holy symbol. In times of this, I fear the worst, but would nonetheless ask you to find him. He is a bald man with a red birthmark on the back of his palm." Winter tells Garrosh. "I think there are things out there in the yellow fog. I see shapes, and other survivors see it too - find a way to get rid of the yellow fog and the shapes within, so once we get past the eye, we can head down to the docks."

"Oh, you're talking about Peter and Barnes? Yeah, they're scrounging around as are Harold, Charissa, and Ariel and Martin. When they're not on guard duty, that is."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Caraid finishes by giving Maeve a hug and finally lets off. "Yeah, not a monster! You know" he continues quietly. "Kids like us, we need to stick together and look after the adults. I'm going out with my mum soon so can I rely on you to look after everyone here? We need to be careful, the adults don't always see the things we do. So I'll look outside and you look in here and we'll tell each other what we find. Can you do that? Be brave for me?" He asks, offering Maeve his little finger.


It is a relief to hear that the two people they encountered weren't impersonators, but actual real flesh-and-blood people. However, it is a slap in the face to hear that the eye is but one of two major problems that need to be dealt with before they have any sort of chance at escaping this hellish place. "So, should we agree on a code word of sorts? Something we say when we return, so you know it us and not them?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Yeah I'll try to look after people here, Maeve looks at Caraid solemnly while hooking her pinky finger with his. " Basily sometimes nods off during the day and sleepwalks, Maeve whispers to Caraid conspirationally.

"And when I'm at the pile of tables and chairs, I feel like somethings watching us.Maeve confides to Caraid.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"That's an idea. Now about the code-phase..." Winter ponders about it for a moment. "Omega. Followed by you drawing a large circle in the air. Sounds good to you?" Winter asks Auryl.

"And if the guards tap their Crossbows twice on the barricade, they're asking for the code word and hand signal. If you fail to give it, they'll shoot."Winter informs the party.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Good plan. So off to find a mirror and any supplies we can find." Piotr says as he looks around at the people, promising himself he'll help them in some way.

First door in the hallway, we've not been in yet?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Good luck with your search," Campre wishes the party luck, but does not follow the party. "I think I've already cheated death once, and don't intend to try my luck again."

Piotr leads the way to open the rooms on the left after checking it for traps and finding none. He hears some squeaking coming from the door.

B9

Mighty iron boilers crowd here, their pipes piercing the walls and ceiling. Shadows and rust fill the narrow gap between the old tanks, and a faint blow emanates from beneath a boiler towards the end of the room.
As the party enters the room to search for supplies, two dire rats and tiny creature that is an amalgam of beast parts having luminous eyes, a rat’s tail, simian appendages, and tendrils extending from a mole-like nose, skitter out from underneath the boilers squeaking angrily at the party.

Caraid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Rozalia init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Auryl init: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Zoog init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Dire rats init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Rozalia knowledge nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Rozalia knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

”The weird creature is called a Zoog, it’s bite causes bleeding. And the other two are dire rats, their bites spread disease.” Rozalia announces before Piotr finds himself with a rat problem as the creature launch themselves at him.

Zoog bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
dmg: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Dire Rat bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Dire Rat bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 3

It's 01/04/19 here.

Piotr manages to block off one of the rats with his shield but gets bitten once by the sneaky Zoog, and the other rat. 3 dmg to Pitor and bleed 1

Rozalia casts a spell, healing Piotr's wounds.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Party up, except for Rozalia.

GM only:

Piotr Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Garrosh wades in past the others and next to Piotr, swinging at the monstrous rat - "Vermin, death and disease..." - he grunts.

Morningstar 2h: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 8 Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

A good night's sleep hasn't helped Caraid's aim at all...


The urge to release Sarenrae's heavenly fire whispers to Auryl to just do it. To let it all go, to give in. But my companions?! He knows he can't. That he shouldn't. Flames flicker up and down the blade of his sword and he wades into combat, resisting - for now - the urge to set fire to the world.

Std action: attack (scimitar)
Move action: move

Scimitar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Pitor is not used to fighting things on four legs, so the Zoog gets past his denfenses easily biting into his thigh. He tries to stab the thing in return, being more careful than his normal chopping hack.

attack the thing that made him bleed, no power attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh crushes the skull of one of the dire rats with his morningstar, but Caraid's rock flies over the small rats.

Auryl tries to slash at a rat but it ducks out of the way. Piotr manages to stab the strange mix of many critters zoog.5 dmg to the zoog


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Kilarra steps up and swings her greatsword in an arc trying to cleave into Zoog flesh, but that willy little thing is too small to hit!

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The zoog tries to bite Pitor while the rat attacks Garrosh.

Zoog bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Confirm bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Garrosh gets a nasty bite on his calf by the rat, though the zoog does not manage to find any purchase on Pitor's breastplate. 4 dmg to Garrosh

GM only:

Garrosh Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Rozalia gives the Zoog a nasty look, and if looks could kill, it probably would have withered up.

Evil eye to reduce ac: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

It is so afraid of Rozalia's glare that it seems not as attentive to its surroundings as it should be. -2 AC

Kilarra takes the opportunity to hack at it with her greatsword, but it manages to duck out of the way.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Party up


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Wait, didn't I kill the rat?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

There were 2 rats. You killed one.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Crap... My bad. Sorry Mort.

Garrosh shrugs away the bite, then swings again - "Down!"

Morningstar 2h: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


In between slashing at flattened chunks of morningstar'd dire rat, Auryl finds himself wondering what exactly he is contributing to the fight. Very little it seems.

Std action: attack
Scimitar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
... Paizo's dice roller *hates* me.


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3 Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 Still hates me more! :)

Caraid levitates some more debris, but cannot find a clear shot and lets it sink again with a sigh.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

attack, no power attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"This thing is just too SMALL" Piotr mutters as he misses the thing by a mill. Ann makes some disparaging and crude response in return.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh crushes the chest of the remaining rat and it gives a pitiful squeak as it dies. The zoog on the other hand proves a wily opponent, ducking and weaving out of the way.

The zoog continues to nibble at Piotr,buy his breastplate proves more then sufficient to turn away those tiny little teeth and claws.

bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Rozalia continues to glare at the zoog while Kilarra hacks at it with her greatsword,and chops it into two.

will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8

Combat over

Everyone except Piotr spots two unused sunrods that have rolled beneath a boiler, about 4 feet from the nearest edge.

A Small or smaller creature can climb under to collect them, but larger creatures will have to devise some method to recover them.


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Caraid gestures calmly and the sunrods wriggle slightly and roll out from under the boiler to his feet.

"I helped!" He offers with a slightly helpless shrug.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Good work, Caraid. I didn't notice them at all." Piotr encourages the boy.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The sunrods roll out from beneath the boiler to Caraid's feet.

"Yes, you did, dear," Rozalia says while petting Caraid on his shoulder.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Added Sunrods to loot list - good thinking Caraid :D

Auryl Hajal wrote:
flattened chunks of morningstar'd dire rat...

I laughed!

"If everyone is ok, we can keep pressing along the corridor, and check those doors to the right" - Garrosh points out after searching the room for any additional useful items.

Perception?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


"Yes, let's do that. Gosh, how many more horrors haunt this place? Ugh, forget I said that", Auryl says while scratching the mottled skin of his neck.

Auryl will cast Guidance on whoever opens the next door. You get a floating +1 you can add to an attack, skill check or saving throw.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr will open, with the standard checking for traps and such, thought he really isn't good at the noticing part. Hopefully this place being a working institution there are not much in the way of trapped doors.

perception: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Then he'll catiously enter.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh does not find anything of interest in the room. Piotr heads towards the storage rooms and smells the faint smell of chlorine outside the door. The door does not appear to be trapped and he opens the room to find it heaped with fallen shelves and broken containers, but also disturbs the room's resident, a lengthy, segmented horror that writhes and twists, pulsing its venomous mandibles in search of prey.

Caraid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Rozalia init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Auryl init: 1d20 ⇒ 4
centipede init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Rozalia knowledge nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"That's a giant centipede!" Rozalia shouts. "Be careful, their bites are poisonous!"

Kilarra swings her great sword in a great arc, but it bounces off the centipede's chitinous exoskeleton.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Rozalia, knowing her hexes do not affect mindless vermin such as these, tries to guide Pitor's swordarm.

Guidance on Pitor, everyone except Auryl up


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

One day I'll get to attack without the -4 penalty for shooting into combat!

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 = 2 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The centipede's chitin is so thick that a barrage of pebbles and splinters simply makes an interesting noise...


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

From the map, I cannot be sure. If Garrosh can reach the creature, he moves around to attack.

"Vermins is all!" - he growls.

Morningstar 2h: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 < -4 because of the door?
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Garrosh crushes the head of the giant centipede with one well placed blow of his morningstar, splattering himself, Kilarra and Piotr with ichor.

Combat over

Searching the room yields a lantern, a hammer, and three winter blankets.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Okay" Piotr shakes off green splatters of gunk. "An invasion of shapechanging evil things I understand... to a degree. They attack, take over the place, so on. Why are their giant bugs, and huge rats, and whatever that other things was, in EVERY room we go into?" he complains to whoever listens.

He'll not let the complaining stop him for searching up supplies though.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Also he'll ask Rozalia, "Their blood. Is that poisonous as well? I might have gotten some in my eye there."


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I guess they are probably crawling up after the earthquake" - Garrosh reasons, allowing the goo to drip from his morningstar, and scraping off the rest on the wall as best as he can - "With all the carrion..."

Added loot to the list.

Try the next door over?


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Caraid shrugs. "We still need a mirror or something else shiny." He says.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Their blood isn't poisonous," Rozalia reassures Piotr. Then not comforting she adds, "But their mandibles are." Piotr searches the room but finds nothing else salvageable.

Piotr checks the next room door and finds that it is not trapped though it smells of chlorine. Piotr opens the room to find it heaped with fallen shelves and broken containers, but also disturbs the room's resident, a lengthy, segmented horror that writhes and twists, pulsing its venomous mandibles in search of prey.

Deja vu?

Caraid init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 
Garrosh init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 
Piotr init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 
Rozalia init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 
Kilarra init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 
Auryl init: 1d20 ⇒ 9

centipede init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Kilarra strides into the room and swipes at the centipede with her greatsword, cleaving it cleanly into two.

greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8

"Well thats one more bug exterminated," she says nonchalantly.

Searching the room yields 10 feet of chain, a set of manacles, two winter blankets, and a tarnished old silver necklace worth 5 gp.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

Added loot to the list.

"Good job Kilarra" - Garrosh nods - "Let us press on to the room ahead, and that door on the left"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

B12

Most of this area has collapsed into a heap of dense gray rubble. The occasional clattering pebble makes it sound as though the mound could collapse at any moment. Surviving doors lead off to the west and east. A body lies half buried in the rubble, in an orderly uniform.

now what?


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

"We should get him out." Caraid says, half a question. Never-the-less he begins lifting rocks from the body, carefully and at a short distance!


"We should do that and clear the area so we can go through the door over there." Auryl points at the door up to the left. "Do any of you have knowledge of mining and or buildings? Like, what are the odds we'll end up like that poor fella over there if we start clearing a path to the door?"

401 to 450 of 1,181 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Too All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.