Strange Aeons Too?(Closed recruitment)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons map


201 to 250 of 1,180 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Without going into detail, Kilarra isn't exactly a 'looker' in the typical sense. Random cartilage growths, muscular, gruesome scars (some of which she wouldn't remember), very very recent claw/knife injuries, flat chested, and very veiny skin. I wouldn't call her ugly, but definitely not a sultry succubus tiefling.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Prisoners of war..? I haven't been in any..." - Garrosh replies to Kilarra, but the rest of the words die away at the sight of the tiefling simply changing right there, without a care.

He then turns his attention to the wounded one - "What war anyway?" - he adds.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +1  

"He's still alive. Maybe he can help us figure out what's going on."

Rozalia uses her last bit of healing magic for the day to rouse the man, using the ley lines to bolster her spell.

Conduit Surge: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

The man wakes up with a groan. "Oh.. I'm still alive," He says weakly. "Thanks for saving me from the mad doctor, I was yelling like a loon hoping you lot would wake up."

"Im Campre Linweigh, by the way. I'd shake your hand but I'm still tied to the table."


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +1  

"Oh, right!" Rozalia unites Campre. "Do you know where we are or how we got here?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Campre massages his wrists and feet where he was lashed to the table, trying to get circulation back into those limbs, then wincing at the pain, slowly sits up on the table.

"You're all patients at Brairstone Asylum," Campre explains nervously, as if afraid that the party might suddenly turn on him."Now..uh,"he adds hastily, "Brairstone Asylum is a place of sanctuary and healing. We treat people with mental conditions and help them recover so they can reintegrate to the society."

Because no one likes to be called crazy =P

"I did see you around when I was doing my rounds, but you were not my charges so to speak,so I do not know the details of your admission," Campre adds.


Auryl's emotions run into a cold wall erected by Campre's reasonable but unacceptable words. "So, we just offed the doctor and you're what exactly, a nurse? A janitor?" The man looks like a mess and really, who could spit out lies that calmly after undergoing such trauma? Auryl twitches and runs his fingertips over the palm of his hand repeatedly. He's visibly nervous and bothered.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Orderly actually."Campre corrects Auryl, "But I don't think any of us want to stay here overly long lest more crazy doctors come back..."Campre looks around, spotting the doppelganger corpse, interjecting with an aghast voice, "What the hell is that thing?"


Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

"The doctor." Replies Kilarra, still not trusting this man. She waits to see his reaction.

SM: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
I'm looking for signs that he's faking it.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

While the other interrogate, Piotr collects the breastplate and shield, and other odds and end that seem right for him (his listed gear?).

"I AM REAL!" the voice inside his head yells at him, in a perfect imitation of his sister's voice.

He does not answer back. "I do not care if we are in an asylum. You are NOT crazy. I have no idea WHY I AM IN YOUR HEAD!..." that last one was shrieked so loudly he stumbled in getting the armor on to hold his head, "… but... " Ann's voice becomes quieter but not softer, a knife's edge would be like a pillow in comparison. "… I am not a product of a deranged psyche, I am real. I could relate things you don't know anything about me, dear brother. How about we start with my first tim-"

"Please stop." he muttered in a near whimper

Silence for several seconds, as he starts to get back to getting strapped in. "You are not Mom." Ann whispers softly with sympathy and love. They both shared that same deep fear.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

While the others exchange 'pleasantries', Garrosh's first concern is to recover his gear and weapons. He does however pause for a few seconds, looking at all of them, including Campre - "I am Garrosh. I have no idea how the hell I ended up in here, or why I would have dreamed of you all just moments ago. Guess that would explain why I am in an Asylum though..." - he grunts - "Regardless. The actions of all of you have contributed to save my life - for that 'Thank you' - he bows, then follows Piotr's example, retrieving his 'gear from the sacks and furnace, and separating the rest which does not belong to him in easy reach.

Kilarra Dimir wrote:

"The doctor." Replies Kilarra, still not trusting this man. She waits to see his reaction.

I'm looking for signs that he's faking it.

SM also studying Camper's reply: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Piotr Tataru wrote:
"Please stop." he muttered in a near whimper

"Are you ok?"


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

"I'm fine Mum." Caraid murmurs into his mother's embrace, still marvelling at how he is slightly taller than her now. "Why are we here? Was it the voices? Did everyone decide that I'm crazy?"

He peels apart from his mother and wanders through the gear, collecting bits and pieces almost at random. The first thing he alights on though is the small pouch of drawing items then, even as he selects the only suit of armour that suits his narrow frame, he is twisting, looking for somewhere to draw...


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Campre flinches when Kilarra mentions the doctor. "The doctor is some kind of grey thin monster?"

Campre's reaction seems genuine enough

"Okay.. I think everything has been going to hell since the earthquake. Not sure how long ago was that to be honest."Campre starts thinking out loud. "I was trying to evacuate patients to the Chapel during the earthquake, when the walls came down on us. The next thing I remember was being strapped to the table with that loon cutting me saying something about experiments on human skin."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Do Not Tell Him About Me!" Ann insists "You are not crazy, but it would be better if they decide that for you."

"No" Piotr answers, but quickly follows up "Just a headache" Piotr is not good at lying though.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Piotr Tataru wrote:

"Do Not Tell Him About Me!" Ann insists "You are not crazy, but it would be better if they decide that for you."

"No" Piotr answers, but quickly follows up "Just a headache" Piotr is not good at lying though.

"Understood" - the half orc stares at Piotr for a few moments - "We'll leave it at that"

Caraid wrote:
"I'm fine Mum." Caraid murmurs into his mother's embrace, still marvelling at how he is slightly taller than her now. "Why are we here? Was it the voices? Did everyone decide that I'm crazy?"

"Well child, if you would be, then so would all of us. Fear not"

GM Mort wrote:
"Okay.. I think everything has been going to hell since the earthquake. Not sure how long ago was that to be honest."Campre starts thinking out loud. "I was trying to evacuate patients to the Chapel during the earthquake, when the walls came down on us. The next thing I remember was being strapped to the table with that loon cutting me saying something about experiments on human skin."

"Could it be this earthquake you speak of has released other... Patients? Like the 'doctor' over there?" - Garrosh inquires further - "And what about me? What about us? Who can tell us more? Are there any admission registries or some such documentation?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Well some patients, due to their compromised mental states can be violent, but we've never taken in monsters like those," Campre gestures at the doppelganger body. "Though I've heard stories about the Thing that lies beneath the morgue..."

"Again if the stories had half a grain of truth in them, had that thing got loose... I don't think Brairstone asylum would exist anymore."Campre adds chillingly.

"Well..."Campre thinks for a moment, "There should be records someplace, but the problem is I don't know which doctor you were under so I don't know where your records could be kept. Some doctors store their patients data in the common rooms, while others in their offices."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"If you have a headache, maybe someone in the Chapel managed to find some medical supplies that could help with it," Campre tells Piotr.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +1  

"Let's head to the Chapel," Rozalia suggests. "We can get our bearings and find out more about our situation from a place of safety."


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Caraid nods, "No point being here. Not with bad doctors around!" Suiting actions to words he begins to examine the room for a way out.


"Yes, the chapel sounds like a good idea. A place of faith. Faith sustains. Yes, let's go," the firebrand redhead mutters whilst collecting his gear - which, perhaps unsurprisingly so, includes a holy symbol of Sarenrae carved from wood. It might not be expensive, but that would belie the amount of effort and dedication put into making it.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"Makes as much sense as any other option" - Garrosh nods - "Let's search this place for anything of use before we go. There's no telling what we may come across out there" - he adds - "I'll introduce myself again - I am Garrosh"

Mort, if we all search, can we do like a 'Group Take 20' to sweep this room for anything useful before we leave - I'm getting the feeling scrounging might be the name of the game here :D

"Can you lead us to the chapel?" - he asks Campre.

Also Mort, were we at max hp when we woke up?


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Max hp but gimme a bit to work up posts. Am out at the moment.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Piotr Tataru." Piotr introduces himself, again? "I'm a town guard from Caliphas... or was" This armor wasn't the guards, but it settled against him so well, like he's been wearing it for years. He has so many questions, but none of them will be answered here. Records sounds best to him, but one thing at a time.

He looks to the gray man. Anyone could be these things, anyone.

"Mam, you knew what these were." he asks the mother. "Do you know if there is anyway to tell someone is one of them? Or should we just assume every one could be, well everyone not strapped down on a table or locked in a cage."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"We're in the dungeon...so assuming the earthquake hasn't destroyed too much of the place, there's a tunnel that leads to the morgue and a stairway up beyond the door," Campre informs the party, pointing towards the door that Piotr is next to.

Garrosh listens at the door that Piotr is next to and checks it for traps. Hearing nothing and finding no traps, he opens the door.

A2

A broad chute extends diagonally through one of this cellar’s half-crumbled stone walls. Beneath it lies heaped more than a dozen mutilated humanoid bodies. Nearby, a flight of rickety, wooden steps climbs toward the high ceiling—an escape none of the room’s current occupants seem capable of employing. The smell of rot and decay in the room is nearly overwhelming, and the buzz of flies hangs in the air.

Garrosh then returns to the dungeon cells and inspects the furnace.

A1B

The furnace now lies cold. Garrosh notices several scorched humanoid bones amid the ashes, easily from a half-dozen bodies. Gartosh also notes that the vents leading up and out of the furnace are particularly wide, so much so that a Small creature could easily fit inside, while a Medium creature could fit by squeezing. Regular seams and offshoots within the duct make it scalable with a successful DC 5 Climb check.

Amongst the garbage pile near the furnace where the party found their armor, Garrosh also finds a masterwork viol buried among the soiled clothes and garbage of past victims. The bow is missing, but the instrument is, remarkably, undamaged. Examining the interior Garrosh finds a strip of parchment inside. The rolled strip bears the name “Auseil.”


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

"I'm Caraid." The boy says from near the furnace. "My mum is Rozalia. She's not as tall as I remember..."


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +1  

"Not as slim, either," Rozalia mutters, squeezing the flab around her belly. "Why can't we remember what happened? It feels like years are missing..."

She stifles a gag at the stench of the corpses, but gestures at the stairs. "We go up, I assume."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr looks over to the two that hadn't named themselves yet, "Are either of you Auseil?"

He also notices Rozalia didn't answer him about the gray men, which makes him assume the worst, that there isn't a way to tell if someone is one of them. "I think we should stay together... in case one of them" pointing at the dead thing "… tries to become one of us"


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"They probably... Drop the bodies through that chute on the other room" - Garrosh seems slightly absent - "Then they are burned here. Why so many corpses? What's going on in here..?"

Rozalia Tilescu wrote:
She stifles a gag at the stench of the corpses, but gestures at the stairs. "We go up, I assume."

"I guess so... We could also risk climbing up the vents from the furnace. It is probably too much of a gamble though"

Piotr Tataru wrote:
He also notices Rozalia didn't answer him about the gray men, which makes him assume the worst, that there isn't a way to tell if someone is one of them. "I think we should stay together... in case one of them" pointing at the dead thing "… tries to become one of us"

"Definitely together" - he grunts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tiefling Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3| HP 25/29 | Resist 5 Cold/Elec/Fire l AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | Ft +5 Rf +2 Wi +4* | Init +1 | Perc +7 l CMD 17 l Suicidal 1/1 l Smite 1/1 l LoH 2/2

Kilarra starts putting on the field plate and the rest of 'her' items, even though she's not sure how she got them. "Kilarra. I'm... was an officer in the army of Lastwall, based in Ustalav to fight against the undead. I was about to embark on a scouting mission with my team. I hope they're alive, and also in this complex."
She decides not to mention religion, and spends an awful amount of time staring at her worn and broken holy symbol of Iomedae, now wrapped with a red feather.

I feel so... Angry.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"As I said, I've only seen you at a distance so I'm not sure why you were admitted," Campre ventures a suggestion, "But maybe your amnesiac states were the reason?"

"I have no idea what's going on in here, either, other then an earthquake and trying to get people out. Did you see any of my charges?" Campre asks the party, Middle-aged woman with mousy brown hair, an old granny with a birth mark on her neck, and an anorexic young man."

Garrosh remembers in the pile of mutilated bodies there are bodies matching that description.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
Kilarra Dimir wrote:

Kilarra starts putting on the field plate and the rest of 'her' items, even though she's not sure how she got them. "Kilarra. I'm... was an officer in the army of Lastwall, based in Ustalav to fight against the undead. I was about to embark on a scouting mission with my team. I hope they're alive, and also in this complex."

She decides not to mention religion, and spends an awful amount of time staring at her worn and broken holy symbol of Iomedae, now wrapped with a red feather.

"Well met Kilarra - I am sure we will find your companions" - Garrosh nods, observing the paladin for a few moments, as well as the symbol around her neck. He does not speak further however.

GM Mort wrote:

"As I said, I've only seen you at a distance so I'm not sure why you were admitted," Campre ventures a suggestion, "But maybe your amnesiac states were the reason?"

"I have no idea what's going on in here, either, other then an earthquake and trying to get people out. Did you see any of my charges?" Campre asks the party, Middle-aged woman with mousy brown hair, an old granny with a birth mark on her neck, and an anorexic young man."

"They have been killed" - Garrosh nods with a grim expression - "Their corpses are mutilated in the next room. I think they were thrown down the chute. I am sorry"

Unless someone wants to climb from the furnace up, I guess we are going up the stairs Mort.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

”They’re dead?” Campre goes to look at the pile of bodies, then staggers over to the corner and is violently sick. ”Urgh...”

”And the stairs to the morgue has collapsed so we aren’t getting out that way,” Campre points at the pile of rubble. ”So I have to step on Amelia, Roland and Jane to get out of here? Mother of god what has the world come to?!” Campre buries his head in his hands for a moment, then bites his lip as he steels himself for the ascent.

GM only:

Garrosh Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Caraid Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Kilarra Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Pitor Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Auryl Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Rozalia Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Campre fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

The party climbs up the dead bodies, with the bodies making unpleasant squelching noises as the pressure caused by stepping on them results in the dead skin to falling apart releasing sticky decaying bodily fluids that cling unpleasantly to the party’s hands. Pulling themselves up on the stairs, the party makes their way to the surface, only to feel pelting warm rain on their cheeks, and greeted by thick yellow fog.

?: 1d6 ⇒ 5
?: 1d6 ⇒ 2

B1

Trampled flowerbeds lie smeared and squashed across this muddy courtyard. On all sides, stark gray walls climb towards a narrow gap of yellow fog. A shed like structure to the southeast lies largely collapsed. The party notices scabby stains amid the mud puddles faintly leading from the door to the west.

North door is inaccessible due to rubble blocking the way

Slide 2


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Caraid wanders out into the rain. "Odd. I thought the sky would be redder." He comments to no-one in particular before looking around. "There are doors here. But this one is blocked." He says, apparently unperturbed by the strange weather.

"We should go this way."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Climbing bodies to escape that place does strange things to a mind. Bad things. Piotr tries to ignore the 'texture' and sounds. When he gets to the top he turns around and helps any of the others up.

"Yellow Fog..." he wonders in dread, then looks at the kid in confusion. "Why red?"

perception to look for traps on the indicated door: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

Piotr checks the door but Ann doesn't seem to think the door is trapped. Opening the door, the party finds themselves facing a hallway with broken lanterns and several battered doors lining it. To the south, a pair of swinging doors lies shattered upon a 4-foot high heap of wrecked furniture clogging a broad doorframe.

B4

A four foot high barricade of broken funiture and fallen mansonry fills a wide empty doorframe, blocking off northern portion of this broad hall. Lanterns flicker upon the walls, casting shadows upon several closed doors and beyond the ramshackle barricade. Beyond the barricade are also 3 humans, one tall, dark and thin, another with curly blonde hair, and the last one slightly stout who is bald. All 3 of them wear wary looks on their faces as they scan their surroundings attentively, with loaded crossbows in their hands.

As soon as Piotr's head pops into sight, the tall, dark and thin man yells at the party, "Stay back! We have loaded crossbows and will shoot if you get any nearer!"


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"Why?" Piotr shouts back.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"You could be one of those THINGS! They've tried to get through the barricade before!" The tall, dark and thin man yells back.


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"The tall gray people, impersonating normal folk like us? Um, is there anyway we can prove we're not? Cause being out here in this yellow fog can't be good... we got a kid with us if that matters any, and his mama."


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

”Yeah those gray monsters! You might be a whole gang of them! They could be anyone!” The tall dark and skinny man bursts out. ”Look, bring back a few dead doppelgangers and maybe we’ll rethink who’s side you’re on.” The blond man with curly hair at the back answers. ”I can’t allow anyone near the barricade until they’ve proven they’re not doppelgangers.”


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

"We got one, hope it will be enough, a doctor who was cutting up an orderly. Give me a second to get him up here. Hey, do you have a rope or anything.? We had to climb up that furnace and trying to climb while carrying a body isn't going to be pleasant." Piotr looks back at the others, and then notices Garrosh has a rope. "Nevermind! We have one. DO not shoot any of us while we get the body up here. Women and children remember!"

Piotr goes back to the others. "I'll climb down, you throw down the rope, and then pull it back up here. Sound like a plan?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"We’ll need more then one body! We shot a couple of them ourselves and you can't be claiming you killed one when it staggered off to die from crossbow shots."The blonde man with curly hair answers.

"I don't remember the barricade being here when I lead the first of my charges to the Chapel."Campre mutters, almost to himself. "What the hell has been going on here?"


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

"Something terrible." Caraid replies dreamily. "Things are wrong here - strange."

He sounds like Cole from Dragonage Inquisition.


|| Loot List || Male half-orc Bloodrager 1 / Inquisitor 1 / Fighter 1 || AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex) hp 27/27 || Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +6; +1 trait bonus vs. aberrations || Init +3 (rolls twice); Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

"I guess we should avoid confrontations for now" - Garrosh nods at the others - "Should we head north?"


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +1  

"Yes, let's proceed cautiously."


Piotr: Fighter 2/Spirtualist 1| HP 28/28 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | Ft +6 Rf +4 Wi +6*(+2 Ann In Brain,+1vs fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2 l CMD 17 | spells: level 1 2/2 | conditions: -2 dex -2 con --- Ann: HP 19 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | Ft +2 Rf +5 Wi +5 | Init +2 | Perc +0

Piotr sighs, yells at the curly haired man that he is being unreasonable, but agrees.


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

"Look, you weren't even here when the doppelgangers attacked and you might even be one of them for that matter. Am I to have a bloodbath in our sanctuary in this place of madness because I fell for some fancy words?" The curly haired man snaps back at Piotr.

As the party heads north, they hear some groans from the east.

B11

The walls between the hall and this office have largely collapsed, exposing debris-cluttered desks, toppled lockers and several bodies that look almost human. Three doppelganger bodies are also tangled amid the ruins most riddled with crossbow bolts. Garrosh and Kilarra notice that lengths of flesh have been stripped from the corpses, human and doppelganger alike. A frail, elderly woman lies on the floor groaning, her leg broken and twisted in an unnatural angle. "Please, help me out of here," she pleads with the party.

Slide 2


The men and their crossbow cause frustration to soar through Auryl's system, but he bites his tongue. Wouldn't he do the same? Fool me once, shame on you, doppelganger. Fool me twice, well, I'll see you in Pharasma's bonegarden.

But if things weren't bad enough already, they get worse when the group moves on. The sight of the elderly woman makes Auryl's heart skip a beat. Will it need to be amputated? Will someone her age survive the shock and trauma? Somehow the sight of her broken leg is infinitely easier to digest than the crossbow-peppered corpses of the grey skinshifters.

"Is anyone a skilled healer? C-can we save her leg, you think?", Auryl stammers as he cautiously starts creeping forward. Armed with a scimitar in his right hand and glowing embers dancing and swirling around his left, Auryl focuses on everything but the elderly woman as he warily approaches her.


Female NG Human (Varisian) Witch 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +1  

"Wait!" Rozalia puts her arm out to stop Auryl from getting too close. "We know there are doppelgangers lurking about. How can we be sure this woman isn't one of them?"


Strange Aeons Grp 2 |

GM only:

bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Auryl sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Kilarra sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Garosh sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Piotr sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Caraid sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Rozalia sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Now Rozalia pointed it out, everyone except Garrosh begins to get suspicious about the old woman. If the place was as dangerous as the guards said, why hadn't she fallen victim to the doppelgangers?


|HP: 30/30 (1NL)| AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +3 | Init +3 | Ac +9, DD +10, Per +7, Stl +9| Speed 30ft Burn 1/6 | Active conditions:

Caraid steps closer to the woman with small steps, as clouds of debris rise around him, "Who are you?" He asks quietly. "One of them?"

201 to 250 of 1,180 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Too All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.