To Rappan Athuk

Game Master brvheart


Roll20 Site Link
Borderland Provinces Map


201 to 250 of 4,734 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Gorrsh is the caravan master. As for those two, they are scouting. It's what they are good at. They will let us know if we're needed with some warning. It's not like I'm taking off my armor for a nap or anything. We'll be ready if it drops in the pot. "


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

"Gotcha" - Aggrammar retorts, nodding towards the man.


Your Narrator

Geoff looks at Koayi nervously as they all walk towards the caravan. Harren sees you as does most everyone else. You hear whispers among the people and looks given to the dwarf and geoff. Where did they all go off to? More strangers and now these troubles Maybe they had something to do with this.

Harren walks over to you, looking at Geoff and Aggrammar, "Are these the ones that, 'did it'?" he says cryptically as if not wanting anyone to overhear and know the reason you left in the middle of the night. "Why is the dwarf not bound also?"

--------------------

Koan and Sorek advance on opposite sides of the road and find sentries posted, already watching, alert in case of danger. "Hey, you there. Stop. Back to the caravan. Gorrsh ordered everyone to stay by the caravan."


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Seeing that sentries have been posted and despite misgivings that this is a classic ambush set up Sorek will comply with the orders and return to the caravan.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Nah, we met with the dwarf after we dispatched the brigands. He was just traveling the road on his own. The One in manacles is the brigand we caught. "


Your Narrator

Harren looks sideways at the other people nearby. "Haha, good one." Then he lowers his voice, "Gorrsh will want to talk to him. Don't let him talk to anyone."

Then he turns his attention to Aggrammar with a broad smile. "Ah, greetings traveler. You shouldn't travel these lands alone, it is a wild and uncivilised place. May I ask how you came to be on the road? I only have the pleasure of one other dwarf here in my caravan, but he seems to keep to himself mostly. Feel welcome to travel with us. There are plenty of wonders in these lands to be found and shared by everyone." With perhaps a little extra off the top for himself you wonder.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

When Good Thomas is waved back by the sentries and told of Gorrsh's orders that none approach, he moves to stand in the shade of a wagon close by. Digging out a hank of dried beef from his pack, he begins to chew mechanically, washing down the shreds of meat with long pulls of his waterskin.

Close enough to the others to listen in, but clearly resting and waiting for new orders.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Correction of my above post.

Good Thomas stalks through their caravan, his lower jaw jutting out in stubborn frustration as the rest he'd been desiring is denied him again. Flexing his hands over and over so that his knuckles crack ominously, he passes by the sentries without acknowledging their nods and begins to cross the empty space that leads to the burned out wreckage.

His gaze sweeps the burned caravans and takes in the near distance on both sides. Seeking Gorrsh's figure, he makes his way closer.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||
DM HolyWater wrote:

Geoff looks at Koayi nervously as they all walk towards the caravan. Harren sees you as does most everyone else. You hear whispers among the people and looks given to the dwarf and geoff. Where did they all go off to? More strangers and now these troubles Maybe they had something to do with this.

Harren walks over to you, looking at Geoff and Aggrammar, "Are these the ones that, 'did it'?" he says cryptically as if not wanting anyone to overhear and know the reason you left in the middle of the night. "Why is the dwarf not bound also?"

"Name's Aggrammar lad" - the dwarf snorts - "And I'm not bound because there ain't no reason for me to be bound"

DM HolyWater wrote:
Then he turns his attention to Aggrammar with a broad smile. "Ah, greetings traveler. You shouldn't travel these lands alone, it is a wild and uncivilised place. May I ask how you came to be on the road? I only have the pleasure of one other dwarf here in my caravan, but he seems to keep to himself mostly. Feel welcome to travel with us. There are plenty of wonders in these lands to be found and shared by everyone." With perhaps a little extra off the top for himself you wonder.

However, the tension eases from his face at the change of tone - "Ye've nailed it on the head - too many wonders in the whole wide world to stay forever in the same place. Ma Lady told me to get a movin' so I did" - he fiddles with the silvered Longsword symbol that dangles from his neck - "And she's also the reason why I never walk alone see?" - Aggrammar nods.

"Thanks for the invite - I'll take it without a second thought. Always best to share wonders with some company? Do ye have a name?" - he winks at the man, but noticing Thomas moving off, he motions to follow - "Wait up lad, ye're not going there alone" - moving after him without a second thought.


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Koan relaxes and lowers his bow, relieved that sentries have been deployed. Though always ready for a skirmish, he'd had a long night, and wasn't particularly up for another scrap. Catching up with Sorek, Koan strikes up a light-hearted conversation.
"Hah, they'll think us paranoid soon enough, but I'd rather that than find myself on the wrong side of a bandit's knife. It seems that we've quite the luck. First the murder, then the brigands, the wolves, and now this. It has been a rather peculiar couple of days."


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

"After the past couple of days I think we'd be a little crazy not to be paranoid. " Sorek says to Koan with a wry smile. .

Continuing the conversation on their way back to the caravan it occurs to Sorek that he knows little about Koan. "Have you and your sister been on the road for a long time? "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Your Narrator

Harren lets you pass and moves on to another nearby caravan member, trying to keep everyone calm. Some are sitting bored by the wagons. Others are looking onward nervously. A few have noticed your return and watch as you walk past them towards Gorrsh. Gheris moves off on his own and finds a seat among the wagons, tired from the exertions of the last 12 hours.

The half orc turns and sees you approaching and pauses what he was doing. He walks over to you and looks at Geoff. "Glad you have returned. Sorry to have moved on without you but we were sure you would catch up soon enough. And here you are." He looks over you and acknowledges you all for helping. "No harm here. Just a couple old burnt out wagons. Nothing left behind. Could have been like this for years. Let's step this way." He motions for you to follow him to the other side of the wagons, such a position puts the wagons between you and the others in Harren's caravan. Only the couple guards around the burnt out husks can see you.

"So is this the one that killed my man?" He says looking at Goeff.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas shrugs. "Might be." He then proceeds to relay the events of the night in terse sentences. He's beyond exhausted at this point. He doesn't lie or exaggerate, and gives credit to the others in the group for their bravery in both battles.

"We didn't have time to do real questioning. So we figured we'd bring him to you so you could ask him proper."


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Lars, following the dicussion. "I doubt he did it. He just seems to be a stupid farm boy who got caught up in bad company. Doesn't mean he's completely innocent, but I think he's not bright enough to have been part of the night raid. "


Retired

Koayi walks slowly to the group, an almost feral scowl on her face. "All of the people at the caravan are being quite loud. It would seem I will need to wait on my nap. Ooh, are you talking about Geoff?" Koayi moves behind the prisoner and wraps an arm around him. "Geoff didn't...actually, why you should speak for yourself? Tell Gorrsh you did not kill his man. But...you should probably look him in the eye and be truthful."


Your Narrator

Geoff seems increasingly nervous as the big half orc focuses on him. "I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't kill anyone."

"So you killed and scattered the rest of them. I doubt they'll be troubling us again then," Gorrsh says, "People noticed my missing man and started asking questions this morning. This is going to put ideas in their heads. Rumours always do. There is a punishment for banditry and if they see justice done everything will be calm traveling again and we can put this behind us." He looks at Geoff, "You should have made better life choices boy." He signals two of the other nearby guards to seize Geoff and take him away. Wide eyed the boy protests, "No please! I just want to go back to the farm! Please!"


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas stands by silently, arms crossed. He seems to have no problem with the justice Gorrsh is about to mete out.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"He seems more like a fool than a criminal to me. You might want to consider some sort of mercy. Of course he must make some recompense. "


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4
Sorek wrote:

"After the past couple of days I think we'd be a little crazy not to be paranoid. " Sorek says to Koan with a wry smile. .

Continuing the conversation on their way back to the caravan it occurs to Sorek that he knows little about Koan. "Have you and your sister been on the road for a long time? "

-Posted with Wayfinder

"Better part of a year or so. I go where the money takes me, and she's there to make sure I don't get too hurt. Still not used to having her around. She's not accustomed to the lifestyle. Constantly moving seems to get to her at times."

Before he could explain anymore, the two reach the caravan where Geoff has just been seized.
"Looks like the boy is getting his due."


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

"What do you plan to do with the boy?" - Aggrammar speaks for the first time, his tone somber - "What is the punishment for banditry around these parts?" - he asks.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

. "Looks like the boy is getting his due." - - Koan

"Yes there does need to be a reckoning, an atonement . But some people can be redeemed. . Future actions cannot erase the past. But if his future actions bring more light into the world than darkness, then his life is worth sparing. "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Retired

"I...oh my. I had not thought that you would actually be put to death." Koayi looks toward Geoff, a look of sadness and resignation on her face.

She gives his manacled hand a quick squeeze and turns toward Gorrsh. "Sir, I accept that you have authority over the caravan, and it is likely that his friends killed your man, but could you find it in you to spare him? Perhaps a lesser punishment?" She gives him a quick bow, the effect of which is somewhat ruined by her voluminous yawn immediately after.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Your Narrator

Gorrsh looks at Aggrammar, "Out here? It's whatever I say it is and we aren't equipped to haul around unwanted prisoners. Over there." He points to a rock. The guards take him over there and hold down his hand. Gorrsh pulls out his sword and one of them gives him something to bite on.

"Joining a bandit gang and conspiring to thievery and murder are no small things," he says to Koayi. "I was not going to kill him. He will lose his right hand. I hope that will be enough of a lesson. Then he will be sent back to his farm." He directs the guards to hold him. Goeff squirms but no matter what he does he can't escape and he starts to cry. "please, please, please," he cries as Gorrsh' blade is tested for sharpness. "Perhaps you want to go get him some bandages. You shouldn't be here to watch this."


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

"Wait a g*&#&~n moment" - the dwarf blurts out - "Ye're just gonna lop the boy's hand off? Ain't there some sort of authority where ye're headin'? Some sort of law to be upheld? Tha boy can be delivered there, to pay fer his crimes - mayhaps he even has a father or mother lookin' fer him" - he insists.


Your Narrator

Gorrsh frowns and looks angrily at Aggrammar. "We are not taking prisoners and we are not letting outlaws go free. He was brought back here to face justice. Now let me do my job. There are no known authorities for weeks. That's why these bandit gangs are dangerous."


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

"I'm not sayin' he shouldn't face justice, or that he should be set free - I'm just sayin' that cuttin' off his hand will do nothin' for the lad - he'll just be angry forever, and lookin' fer revenge at the first chance." - he looks back at Gorrsh - " Wouldn't it be better to jail him when we arrive on a settlement, or lay some hard work on his back during the trip, till he learns? Chain him to a cart, and make him help with tha tasks around here? Cleaning up after tha horses is bound to humble anyone, sooner or later" - he chuckles.


Your Narrator

Gorrsh looks at Aggrammar with annoyance. "You religious types are always getting in the way..." then after he finishes listening to the rest of Aggrammar's speech his demeanor changes. At first it sounds like something was stuck in his throat but then it turns into an orc sized chuckle. "Take him!" The chuckle stops and he points at Aggrammar, "They have conspired against us. They will both hang." Two more guards surround Aggrammar as Gorrsh walks off towards Harren.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Look, the dwarf may be a bit out of line, but it was just talk. He's not going to hang for that or you will have to go through me as well. I don't mind the bandit getting his due, but this is unreasonable. "


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas' eyes go wide when Gorrsh pronounces his sudden verdict on Aggrammar. He snorts loudly through his nose, brow furrowing, and then stares after the departing guard leader.

"What? Hang? For asking questions?"

He strides after Gorrsh, patting Lars on the shoulder as he passes him and saying quietly, "Let me speak with him. This is madness."

He hurries up and catches Gorrsh before he reaches Harren. "Sir. You're hanging the dwarf? For speaking his mind?"


Your Narrator

He turns on both Lars and Thomas angry, "Stay in line. I don't have time for this. You work for me." He continues back to find Harren. Those at the front give him a wide berth, not wanting to get in the way.

"Get everybody ready to keep moving. There is no trouble from the burnt wrecks. They've been there for months, perhaps years. Looted to hell long ago and not a track in sight."

Harren turns to command the wagon drivers and people start moving again. Gorrsh leans in to whisper to him.

Close-by Perception DC 20:

"Slight problem. The two new ones. The dwarf and the kid. I think they are part of a larger bandit group. We really do need to get moving fast. Before they track down their missing friends." Harren's eyes go wide at the news. "Are you sure? What are we going to do with them?" Gorrsh looks over his shoulder quickly and whispers even quieter in his ear. Harren nods, "If you think that's best to protect us."

There is a bustle as people get prepared to move again. Back to their spots in the wagons. The guards surrounding Geoff and Aggrammar haven't moved but keep hold of their charges.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"No, I think I used to work for you. I'm not working for someone who's a crazy petty tyrant. This dwarf has done nothing wrong, and will not be hung while I draw breath. "


Retired

As the situation quickly starts getting out of control, Koayi's face turns white. I could understand Geoff's punishment, I suppose, but the dwarf does not deserve to hang. She takes a few steps away from the crowd, searching for her brother. When she finds him, she whispers in his ear. {Sylvan}"I think some of our friends will soon be needing your skills. I have only a fraction of mine remaining, and Lars is about to start trouble with the caravan guards. I can only hope Thomas comes in on his side, or the crusader will not be long for the world."{/Sylvan} She shoots a quick glance at the huge man and grabs her brother's hand. "Come on, you need to come on!"


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

The large ogren stares after Gorrsh in frank amazement. For a few seconds he just stands there, eyes wide, and then his brows lower and his expression becomes thunderous.

"Gorrsh! He strides after the half orc again, catching up with him just as he finishes whispering to Harren.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Looming over the half orc, he glowers down at him, and then glances up at Harren. "The dwarf is not a bandit. This is not justice, this is murder. I led the group against the bandits." Good Thomas stabs his blunt thumb into his own chest. "Not Gorrsh. I know what the bandits looked like. Not Gorrsh. And I say the dwarf has nothing to do with them."

The ogren is making no attempt to keep his voice down. His broad, goblinoid ears are flared, and his eyes are smoldering at the injustice at hand.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Sorek is standing next to Koan when Koayi comes and whispers something in Koans ear. . Not hearing what she said but clearly seeing the distress in her face, it is apparent that she is disturbed by the turn of events.

Speaking to Koan and Koayi
Let's join Good Thomas and see if we can calm this situation down. . . Punishing the bandit is one thing. To what extent is the only question. . But punishing the Dwarf, that's madness. the head of the guards may not be in the mood to listen to reason but maybe Harren will be. "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||
DM HolyWater wrote:
Gorrsh looks at Aggrammar with annoyance. "You religious types are always getting in the way..." then after he finishes listening to the rest of Aggrammar's speech his demeanor changes. At first it sounds like something was stuck in his throat but then it turns into an orc sized chuckle. "Take him!" The chuckle stops and he points at Aggrammar, "They have conspired against us. They will both hang." Two more guards surround Aggrammar as Gorrsh walks off towards Harren.

"Say what now?" - Aggrammar takes a step back, reaching for his spear, but not drawing it - "Ye gotta be jokin' fer sure" - he half speaks, half growls at the guards.

Lars wrote:
"Look, the dwarf may be a bit out of line, but it was just talk. He's not going to hang for that or you will have to go through me as well. I don't mind the bandit getting his due, but this is unreasonable. "

"Thank you brother - outta line fer speakin' me mind? Since when?" - the dwarf nods at Lars in thanks for him taking his side.

Good Thomas wrote:

Good Thomas' eyes go wide when Gorrsh pronounces his sudden verdict on Aggrammar. He snorts loudly through his nose, brow furrowing, and then stares after the departing guard leader.

"What? Hang? For asking questions?"

"Good thing I am not going mad in thinkin' this doesn't make any sense" - Aggrammar grumbles - "Don't get into any troubles fer me lad - I can just go, and that's that" - he adds - "If they thinkin' I'd be stupid enough to get in tha middle of a heavily guarded caravan being a bandit, they need to get their heads on straight"


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Well THAT escalated quickly
Seeing the concern in her face, Koan unsheaths a blade from his waist and, under cover of his cloak, readies it in his wrist sheath.
{Sylvan}"We can't act hastily. Let the Ogren rattle sense into him..."
He grabs her by the shoulder, letting the gleam of the blade hit her face {sylvan}"But if it comes to that..."{/sylvan}
"Sister, perhaps you can entice Harren into calling Gorrsh off. Sorek and I can accompany Thomas, perhaps vouch for the dwarf's deeds."

As they march to Thomas and Gorrsh, Koan sizes the guard captain up, reading his demeanor and finding weaknesses in his armor. Studied Target: +2 to Perception, Sense Motive, Bluff, Survival, Knowledge, Attack, Damage and Slayer ability DCs

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24
Bluff: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19

Koan chimes in once he's reached Gorrsh and Thomas, adapting the massive Ogren's attitude as his own. bluff
"This man is no bandit! He healed my wounds collected from a scrap with bandits and the attacking wolves who came at us after. Why would he have done that? Cut the boy's hand and shovel it into your Orc mouth all you want, but the dwarf is upstanding and could provide aide to your caravan! The boy hadn't even SEEN a dwarf until he joined us. Be rational!"

How many caravan guards are there? Is Gorrsh heavily armed? How are the guards taking the brash orders? Is Gheris still with us? Did Gheris parish?

If Gheris is gone:

Koan raises his hood as he speaks to Koayi, and takes the appearance of Gheris. As they walk towards Gorrsh, he whispers to her in sylvan "Take my arm, lead me."
Reaching the shouting match, Koan pulls down his hood and speaks softly, imitating the the oracle as best he can.
Disguise: 1d20 + 6 + 10 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 10 + 10 = 37
Alternate Bluff
"He is a just man. I would have been dead had it not been for the kindness of that man you seek to execute. Please, find compassion within yourself and realize the mistake you could be making. As for the boy, have you never fallen within the wrong crowd as a child? Look at him, he is a child, fighting to fit in. Be the positive change in his life. Teach him to be a great man."


Your Narrator

Most of the guards seem to be doing their job. Those holding Geoff and Aggrammar seem to be waiting for something. Orders perhaps. They don't seem bothered that two strangers might lose an appendage. Most mercenaries like some of these guards have spent their lives protecting caravans or other things from bandits in exchange for gold.

"Feel free to leave then Lars if you can't follow orders."

With Thomas trying to intimidate him he replies right back, "Thankyou for your insights Thomas. Now get some rope and secure the prisoners! We are moving."


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

What exactly do you mean 'holding'? Aggrammar will not let anyone grab him ;)


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Having just recently joined the caravan himself Sorek knows that his words will carry no weight with Gorrsh. He stands by Koan and Good Thomas ready to back them up with whatever happens next, hoping that this madness can be resolved peaceably. His presence will be absolutely no threat to Gorrsh or the guards, as he carries no weapons and looks like nothing more than a simple traveler.

trying to figure out why Gorrsh is acting in this irrational manner
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Sense Enchantment: You can tell that someone's behavior is being influenced by an enchantment effect even if that person isn't aware of it. The usual DC is 25, but if the target is dominated (see dominate person), the DC is only 15 because of the limited range of the target's activities.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"I don't think you understand. The dwarf is leaving with me. "


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas' turns to stare at Harren.

"You're in charge here. Are you going to allow Gorrsh to hang this dwarf? Or will you listen to reason and those who were there, and let him go?"

Something comes into the ogren's face then - something akin to vulnerability, or perhaps even a sense of pleading. "Don't do this. Mr. Harren, I like this job. I like working for your caravan. Don't... do this."


Retired

{Sylvan}"I think this is going to go south, and fast. I have two useful spells, but once they've been used, I will be down to basically nothing. Do you have any ideas?"{/Sylvan}

Looking first at the boy, then at the dwarf, Koayi tries to come up with a way to save both of them. She glances at Thomas, Lars, and her brother, hoping one of them will make the first move instead of her.


Your Narrator

Harren looks between Thomas and Gorrsh. Clearly some doubts are in his mind. "Are you sure he's a bandit Gorrsh? He doesn't look like one. I had a nice chat with him before and he seemed more educated than one. Maybe Thomas is right." Gorrsh' eyebrows narrow, "Well I won't have him in this caravan. He can travel alone. As can YOU." He points to Lars, "And anyone else who doesn't want to follow orders."


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

By this point I don't think Aggrammar is close to where this conversation is happening, so he won't be answering :D


Your Narrator

Feel free to describe what you are doing to stop them from seizing you as a prisoner.


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

If they try to grab hold of Aggrammar:

As the men approach the dwarf with the intent to somehow constrain him, he does not draw steel if they are unarmed, but does offer them a warning - "Boys... As I said, I am a traveler, and not a bandit - but if ye try to put those hands on me, ye're getting a punch to the face" - he growls - "If that's how its gonna be, then that's how its gonna be - I'll leave, but ye're not tying me up"

Needless to say, he will not allow them to restrain him, and if they try, he throws a punch at the first that comes close to do so.

"If ye wanna stand there and watch me, I can live with it. Just keep yer distance"


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"I'm glad to be away from the orders of madmen. " and he will head for the wagon holding his belongings so he can pack up and move along.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas nods, clearly relieved that a hanging has been averted. Still, when Lars is expelled from the caravan, his brow furrows again with concern. He hesitates, and for a moment it looks like he might press the issue, but Lars' obvious agreement with the decision keeps him quiet.

Instead, he nods to Harren, and stomps after Lars. This brush with authority and crisis has only served to heighten his fatigue, but he musters his reserves and squares his shoulders as he reaches Lars.

Drawing close, that hesitancy appears once more. He coughs so as to make himself known, and then glances at Lars before staring away across the land.

"We're far from everything out here. We know of the bandits and wolves. How are you planning to stay safe traveling alone?"


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"I imagine Aggramar will be happy enough with my company even if I'm not wanted around here. I can't imagine why anyone would stay though. There's definitely rot at the core of those who run this caravan. They almost killed an innocent man for nothing. "


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||
Lars the Crusader wrote:
"I imagine Aggramar will be happy enough with my company even if I'm not wanted around here. I can't imagine why anyone would stay though. There's definitely rot at the core of those who run this caravan. They almost killed an innocent man for nothing. "

"They could try... And of course I'll walk with ye lad" - Aggrammar rumbles when Lars hints at the caravan guards assaulting him - "But I'm not happy with this also. Seems plain stupid ta me how things derailed so fast as they did" - he adds, then turns to Thomas - "Don't ya find it at least slightly odd? If ye ask me, this Gorrsh fella seems ta be divertin' attention from somethin'" - he shrugs - "Just sayin'"

I was actually curious as to the results from Sorek's Sense Motive...

201 to 250 of 4,734 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legend of Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.