To Rappan Athuk

Game Master brvheart


Roll20 Site Link
Borderland Provinces Map


51 to 100 of 4,725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas turns to survey his small group. Given the command by Gorrsh, he speaks with confidence.

"No lights. If you cannot see in the dark, follow close behind those who can. If you can make light magically, do so when needed."

His voice is like distant thunder, threatening lightning.

"Likely the three returned to their camp to report. They may be a few miles away. We'll follow as quietly as we can. When we find them, we'll plan our attack."

So saying, he sheathes his greatsword, wraps his cloak once more about his armor, and eyes on the tracks, sets out to follow them into the night.

Tracking: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Looks like I lose the trail. Trying again.

Tracking: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Looks like I lose the trail. Trying again.

Tracking: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Looks like I lose the trail. Trying again.

Tracking: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Darkvision 30 allows Thomas to take the lead. If anybody protests, he'll turn around and listen instead of stalking off into the darkness. I'm also assuming we're in Dim Lighting conditions - outside at night? Thus everybody should be able to see each other in a small group.


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Koan will assist Thomas in tracking.
Track: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Assists survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Retired

Though she has no experience tracking, it quickly becomes apparent that most of the group can't see as she can. When Good Thomas gets stuck, she looks well away from the group.

Survival (Untrained, Aid): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Survival (Untrained, Aid): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Survival (Untrained, Aid): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Survival (Untrained, Aid): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Those Rolls...


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4
Koayi Aimaina wrote:


Those Rolls...

Yyyeah, let's get the bad ones out early

Grand Lodge

Half-Elf Oracle - HP 31/31 | AC 18 | T 10 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 (+2 vs. Enchantments) | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Sense Motive +5 | Channel: 8/8 @ 3d6

Gheris moves slowly along behind the group, waiting as they pause several times and discuss the tracks they are attempting to follow, "What? What is it? Did you find them again?" Occasionally he looks back, but they have traveled far beyond the light of the fires and his eyes see only darkness.


Retired

After a few moments of searching, Koayi notices Gheris in the back. She walks to where he's standing, reaching out to touch his arm. "I am unsure, sir. Do you need help in the darkness, with your eyes? I would be an honor to assist you. I can see quite well in the dark and, not knowing the first thing about tracking, have not been much use. Your god sounds like a wonderful friend to have. I prefer one who is bit more fun, though!"

Grand Lodge

Half-Elf Oracle - HP 31/31 | AC 18 | T 10 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 (+2 vs. Enchantments) | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Sense Motive +5 | Channel: 8/8 @ 3d6

Gheris chuckles at the lighthearted woman and says, "It is much appreciated, however as long as some of the group stays within a stone's throw I should be able to keep up with them. My vision clouds minute details, but I've learned to associate someone's general shape with their name and do not find myself completely lost. However I do welcome the company and, as you find yourself, I am not an able tracker either." The priest considers her last comment and adds, "Indeed he is a strong example for me to follow, but not one that is prone to humor. I have to rely on companions for that luxury, as the gods themselves have little time for jests. Such is their eternal loss though." He flashes the woman a sly grin in the darkness, showing her that he might not be all sermon and no frivolity.


Your Narrator

You work together to follow the tracks, Lars and Thomas on point. In the distance you can the howls of wolves hidden in the night. The trail continues to lead away from the road several miles until finally cresting a slight hill you can see a fire at the bottom of a sunken part in the ground about 200ft away. Around the fire you(except Gheris) can see ten humanoid figures, likely humans. Most look to be asleep but two sit around the fire and another a little further away on watch...


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas stops just shy of cresting the hill, and lowers to all fours to crawl up to the summit and peer down the slope to where the fire is cupped at the base of the depression. He studies the group carefully, then turns on his elbow and scoots back to the others.

"Ten humanoids. One on watch, two awake by the fire, the rest asleep."

He pauses, sinking into thought. Life as a caravan guard has not lent itself to much time spent plotting such strikes.

"We need to kill the man on watch. Can anybody here attack from a distance?" Good Thomas looks from one person to the next. "That done, we can charge the camp, kill the two men by the fire, and then try to intimidate the others as they wake up into surrendering. Take their weapons, tie them up, and march them back to camp."


Retired

"I have some talents that could be of use. Perhaps I can make the watcher fall asleep, if that would be of use. It could allow us to be subtle for longer." Koayi, still holding Gheris's arm, nods in the direction of the camp. "I can also disrupt a couple of them during the fighting and perhaps make some less...capable in battle." She giggles for a moment before suppressing it. "I apologize. My part is always the most enjoyable!"


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

in a whisper "I do have a bow, but I'm only fair with it, better with my rapier. I'm not much for sneaking up on people though. "


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,
Lars the Crusader wrote:
in a whisper "I do have a bow, but I'm only fair with it, better with my rapier. I'm not much for sneaking up on people though. "

Whispering as well I'm sorry but all my talents are in up close and personal combat. I have some small ability to approach undetected but I would not want our plan to rely on it.

While the plan is being discussed I concentrate for a moment and manifest Inertial Armor Go to Inertial Armor.

And use 1 dose of Nightdrops.. gain low light vision 1 hr

updated stats AC 19, PP 9/12, lowlight vision


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

"I'd prefer it if we got in a bit closer, but I can handle distance."
Koan unfastens a short chain set with two cuffs on either end from around his belt loop and hands it to Thomas.
"These can be used to take a captive. I don't know if such a trek will allow us to bring more than one."
He then takes a crouched position as he peers over the hill, being sure to give one of the men by the fire a good long look.
"Koayi, put him under. I take care of my mark, and then Lars perhaps takes care of the other. We kill off the sleepers save one?"
Designating the man as my studied target

Grand Lodge

Half-Elf Oracle - HP 31/31 | AC 18 | T 10 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 (+2 vs. Enchantments) | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Sense Motive +5 | Channel: 8/8 @ 3d6

Gheris, a little disturbed by the ease the group settles in to the idea of killing strangers, speaks up, "Are we even sure these men are the attackers? Might it be possible that someone purposefully led us to them? We assume much, but for all we know these could be travelers just like us. Shouldn't we at least send someone with a penchant for stealth to listen and observe this group a little bit closer?"

Never one for wanton bloodshed, Gheris waits, hoping the group considers his concerns.

@GM - Does the area appear to be a permanent camp or something temporary? Obviously Gheris cannot see that far, but that info could be worthwhile to the rest of the group.


Your Narrator

Too hard to tell at this distance for any of you


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas hesitates, listening to first one and then the other as their whispered comments are made. He takes the manacles offered to him, and wraps them around his stout belt.

Even in the dark it's possible for those assembled around him to make out his surprise and incredulity when Koayi offers to put the watchman to sleep, but when he sees that none of the others look surprised, he lowers his brow and nods.

Wonders, it seem, will never cease.

He's about to give his final commands when Gheris speaks, speaking to reason and caution. Again Good Thomas hesitates, his beady eyes locked on those of the cleric, and a struggle manifests across his face, jaw tightening, eyes narrowing, a frown twisting his awful features, but after an aching moment of silence he nods reluctantly.

"Koayi, how many can you put to sleep? Maybe we put all of them to sleep and then we go in very quiet and tie them up. Ask questions then."


Retired

Koayi looks into Gheris's clouded eyes for a moment. "Gheris, I do not think we should be so quick to kill either, but there are many of them down there. It may be our only solution to this problem. As for how many I can have an effect on..."

She pauses, scrunching her eyebrows together in thought. "...I could, possibly, take the entire group by throwing the petals of sleep several times. It is uncertain. My gifts were given to me by more capricious beings than Gheris's god, but if you would like me to try, I am ready for the challenge. Just be ready to protect me should things go wrong."


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Another option and I'm not saying that it is the best one: I can try sneaking towards the camp. Once I get within 60 ft or so I should be able to detect whether these men are evil or not. If they are, I will signal to begin the attack in whatever manner that we decide. Their past deeds, behavior and beliefs have rendered them unfit for this world and we make the world a better place by removing them from it even if they were not the ones who killed the guard. Just keep in mind that this option has more risk than simply attacking with the benefit of surprise, as I may be spotted. But, that is a risk that I am willing to take.

There is a very real possibility that the killers may have led us directly to this camp with the intention that we attack first and ask questions later. I would like to prevent the spilling of innocent blood if these are not the killers and are not tainted with evil.

Looking at Gheris Is there any way you can detect for the presence of evil at this distance?

at Koayi Could you cast an invisibility spell to aid my stealthy approach if this is what we decide?


Retired

Koayi frowns. "I could cause you to vanish, but it would only last a handful of seconds before you became seen again. I could, however, make you smaller. That would, perhaps, enable you to sneak more effectively, and you would look funny that small, which is always an added benefit."

Grand Lodge

Half-Elf Oracle - HP 31/31 | AC 18 | T 10 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 (+2 vs. Enchantments) | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Sense Motive +5 | Channel: 8/8 @ 3d6

Turning to Sorek, Gheris says, "Unfortunately my limited vision will not aid us in this endeavor. While I too can sense the evil in a man, or being, it is likely at a far shorter distance than you would be capable of. Such is the will of Arqueros."

Why my sight? Of all things to take...


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"I've no way to find the evil in men's souls with asking Cayden for that ability, and I did not this day. I think Sorek's plan sounds the best. We're not a bunch of highwaymen and shouldn't attack people we don't know. "


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Koan's stomach plummets. Could it be true? Can these men sense the evil within him?
He draws his hood over his head and tightens his grip on his bow. Those thoughts couldn't help him now, so best not to cloud his mind with them.

Still looking out towards the encampment, Koan speaks out again "I will respect your decisions to take precaution. You could be right, these could be innocent men. But know this: if they pose any threat to either myself or my sister, I will not hesitate to take lethal measures. "

"Vagabond, he says directed towards Sorek, "Koayi is gifted, but no one can properly calculate the whims of Magic. I will come with you. If these are the bandits that murdered Harven and you've been spotted, I will be able to back you up."


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,
Koayi Aimaina wrote:
Koayi frowns. "I could cause you to vanish, but it would only last a handful of seconds before you became seen again. I could, however, make you smaller. That would, perhaps, enable you to sneak more effectively, and you would look funny that small, which is always an added benefit."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Koayi, whatever you can do to increase my chances of getting close without being spotted would be appreciated. Just let me know how long I would be stuck in this smaller form. If I am able to get close enough without being spotted and am able to confirm that they are evil, I would prefer to wait for your shrinking spell to end before we attack.

Making eye contact with everyone in the group Does this plan sound acceptable? Koayi casts her shrinking spell on me and I sneak within 60 ft or so to determine if they are evil or not. If they are I will signal to attack. If I cannot detect the taint of evil upon them I will return and we can discuss further options.

My concern is what do we do if I am spotted before I get within range to detect the taint of evil? Do we then retreat and give the camp time to arm themselves and they do outnumber us? Or should we proceed with the attack at that point?

I propose that if I am spotted that I charge and begin combat with the sentries. I will strike them in a way that will not leave permanent harm. Koayi can cast her sleep spells and the rest charge in and hopefully subdue them before they can arm themselves.

If I can detect the taint of evil or the recent foul murder within them, the signal to attack will be Koan's arrows.

I look at Koan with an eager smile Your help is most welcome


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas listens in silence as the others discuss the different possibilities. Finally he stirs and rumbles quietly, "I am willing to be cautious in case they are good men, but instinct tells me they are our prey. We can detect if they are evil once they are asleep. That way there is no risk of your being spotted, and our having to fight all ten."

Good Thomas looks to Koayi. "Put them to sleep. Then Sorek and your brother can approach to see if they are evil. If they are, we will all enter the camp and tie them up. If they are not, we can wake them."


Retired

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 1 = 12

Koayi nods and moves off down the slope, trying to stay hidden behind whatever brush she can find. As she closes to within range of the lone watcher, she begins imagining blossoms floating serenely down a stream, and softly whispers a few words. Lus rsuuz urass ilai, suhurs."

Sleep DC 19 Will, 3 minute duration. Medium (130 ft) range.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 1 = 10
She moves within range of the two by the fire, casting the same spell and hoping for the best, before waving for the others to come down.

2/6 1st-level spells used. The others seemed to be asleep already, so there's no need to re-cast the spell more times.


Your Narrator

Perception(-distance/darkness): 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 5 = 10
Koayi sneaks up quietly and is unnoticed by the watchmen and casts her spell on him.
Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Unfortunately for her plan he is wide awake and shrugs off the mental tug to drop to the ground. He remains standing, looking around confused, knowing something unnatural just happened but not what exactly.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 5 = 11
Make another stealth check


Retired

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 1 = 7

Whoops!

An ill-timed yawn leaves Koayi's mouth, and she quickly claps her hands to her mouth before muttering the words again.

Casting Sleep again if it's not too late. If it is, so be it.


Your Narrator

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 wow...
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1
He sees you and shouts out, "Wizard!" and shrugs off your second attack then pulls out his shortbow and fires a shot at you and misses. The others start waking up and standing up from the fire to see what's going on.

Initiative rolls:

Gheris Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Koan Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Koayi Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Lars Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Sorek Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Thomas Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Enemies: 10d20 ⇒ (8, 15, 8, 8, 3, 3, 11, 4, 2, 19) = 81

Round 1
Map
Init order
23 Thomas
22 Koan
20 brigand10
17 Koayi
16 Brigand2
14 Brigand1
12 Brigand7
11 Sorek
9 Lars
9 Gheris
9 Brigand3
9 Brigand4
5 Brigand8
4 Brigand5
4 Brigand6
3 Brigand9

Everyone make posts for round 1 and I will sort out order. Don't 'wait' for your turn or this can hold up things too much.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Lars, seeing that stealth is out the window will draw his sword, and double move forward.


Retired

Wow. Making me look bad!

Koayi stares at the watchman, shocked that he's still conscious. "Tuhnu sa suhri'azzui'as!" With a wave of her hand, she disappear from view, moving closer to the brigands.

Standard to cast Vanish, Move to move closer to the battle.


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Without hesitation, Koan sprints towards Koayi and pauses to send an arrow towards the nearest Brigand.
{Sylvan}"I knew this would be a bad idea!"

Comp Longbow+1: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Move & Shoot
Edit: Oh god, what horrible rolls. Gross.
Edit Edit: ALSO forgot to include range increment penalty.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Sorek spd 40, no armor

Sprints directly towards the nearest enemy as he has no ranged capability.

Silently praying that these are indeed them men that killed guard

Run

You can run as a full-round action. If you do, you do not also get a 5-foot step. When you run, you can move up to four times your speed in a straight line (or three times your speed if you're in heavy armor). You lose any Dexterity bonus to AC unless you have the Run feat.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elf Oracle - HP 31/31 | AC 18 | T 10 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 (+2 vs. Enchantments) | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Sense Motive +5 | Channel: 8/8 @ 3d6

Yay! Last! Makes things so simple. Hah. Since Gheris relies on limited sight and sound to determine what is going on beyond his 30' of vision he is going to have a tough time of this. Especially since the enemy is 200' away. Blind men don't run.

Gheris, shocked into action by the sudden flurry of activity, can only guess at what has gone wrong. As he moves to action the party vanishes from view one by one. As luck would have it the priest of Cayden Cailean is nearly as slow to react as he, and he marks the man's path, following him as close as possible.

The only saving grace being that Lars has the same move as Gheris. Gheris will double move in the direction that Lars is headed, his weapon ready in his hand.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas grunts a caravan guard's curse, and then launches himself down the slope, running at full speed to close with the group, greatsword held with an extended arm and trailing behind him like the tail of a meteor.

80 ft. this round.


Your Narrator

"Up men, we're being attacked!" A call is made by one of the ones near the fire to stand up first. The others sleeping wake up quickly at the shout and spend the round getting up and grabbing their weapons. The two at the fire move forward slightly and the watchman moves back to stand near them. They all draw their short bows and fire.

Attack Sorek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Attack Koayi: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5
Attack Thomas: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 = 4

Sorek takes an arrow, but not, thankfully, to the knee. The other arrows miss by far.

Round 2
Init order
23 Thomas
22 Koan
20 brigand10
17 Koayi
16 Brigand2
14 Brigand1
12 Brigand7
11 Sorek
9 Lars
9 Gheris
9 Brigand3
9 Brigand4
5 Brigand8
4 Brigand5
4 Brigand6
3 Brigand9


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Seeing that he is acting as a guide to Gheris, Lars keeps to his measured, cautious pace. "I'm right here Gheris. Keep up. "


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas continues his reckless charge, full speed run. Covered 160 ft.


Retired

Still invisible, Koayi moves closer to the bandits, slipping behind Sorek.
Double Move.

Grand Lodge

Half-Elf Oracle - HP 31/31 | AC 18 | T 10 | FF 18 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 | Ref +2 | Will +7 (+2 vs. Enchantments) | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Sense Motive +5 | Channel: 8/8 @ 3d6

Gheris continues to follow Lars, his armor making movement difficult at any real speed. He hears the shouts from ahead and realizes that a conflict at this point is a forgone conclusion. "Don't wait for me, assist the others!" the priest calls out, knowing he is only slowing the other man down.

Let me get there quickly...

Double move. Total distance covered by round 2, 80'.


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Koan breaks into a sprint as the brigands take their potshots towards Koayi.
{Sylvan} "Koayi! Don't be foolish! Let us handle this"
move 120ft, taking -1AC by being next to Koayi as per the Loner drawback.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Shrugging off the arrow wound Sorek continues to charge the enemy, hoping to close ranks with them before they can get any more shots off at close range.

Charging into a large group of enemies ahead of all of your allies? "Not the smartest of tactics" the Masters at the Monastery would say.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorek picks brigand #2 as his target.

If he can reach the brigand #2 in one standard move he will:

move and initiate a Flurry Strike.. as a Standard action.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 262d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 = 7
crit confirmation Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 172d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5) + 5 = 15

2nd att Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 212d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5) + 5 = 15

Sorek continues his blazing charge picks his target and leaps into the air launching a flying kick almost instantly followed by a Palm Strike aimed at the center of the Brigands chest
------------------------------------------------------------

If he cannot reach brigand #2 in one standard move he will:

move towards Brigand #2, & as standard action manifest
Go to Precognition Defensive..

Slowing down before engaging the enemy at 10 to 1 odds, Sorek concentrates for a moment to heighten his defensive reflexes before committing to battle


Your Narrator

As the PC's continue charging into the fight the men are now ready and do what they can to join the fight.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
'10' sends an arrow skimming off Thomas' hide 1 dmg

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
'2' and '1' switch targets to the closer Sorek but both arrows wizz by him.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
'7' moves a step closer and fires at Sorek just before he can close into melee but the fast moving Elan is a tough target to find.

Sorek is the first one to reach them and with an impressive display, a kick snapping his head back and a fist to the chest drops him to the ground. 22 dmg

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
'3' moves in, dropping shortbow and drawing his rapier to attack Sorek. "Kenny was my friend!" his anger gets the best of him his attack going wide.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
'4' takes a shot at Koan as he charges up but misses.

'8' moves forward drawing his rapier to engage the fight with Sorek.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
'5' and '6' move forward in line with their friend '4' and also fire at Koan. One arrow connects and wounds him. 6 dmg

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (4) = 6
'9' moves up to flank Sorek with his buddies and attacks with his rapier. 6 dmg and sickened for 1 round. You also feel slower and will not be able to make AoO's next round

Round 3
Init order
23 Thomas
22 Koan
20 brigand10
17 Koayi
16 Brigand2
14 Brigand1
12 Brigand7
11 Sorek
9 Lars
9 Gheris
9 Brigand3
9 Brigand4
5 Brigand8
4 Brigand5
4 Brigand6
3 Brigand9


Retired

Koayi steps behind her brother and, letting her spell fall off, casts sleep at the bandits surrounding Sorek.

5-foot step, full round to cast sleep.


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Koan slides forward and shoots two quick shots aimed towards his mark.
Five Foot Step, Rapid Shot
Rapid Shot 1: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7

Rapid Shot 2: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Sorek feeling the thrust of that rapier and not enjoying his position in the midst of 3 enemies will take a 5ft step to reposition himself in front of enemy #9(move 1 square SW)
and will attack with

Enduring Crane Strike:
Enduring Crane Strike

Discipline: Silver Crane (Strike) [good]; Level: 1
Initiation Action: 1 standard action
Range: Melee attack
Target: Target creature(s)
Duration: Instance

DESCRIPTION

Making his soul a wellspring of holy power, the disciple strikes out at a foe to unleashed his holy power to restore health to himself or an ally. The initiator makes an attack against a target creature, inflicting damage as normal, and the strike restores 1d6 hit points plus his initiation modifier to the initiator or to an ally within 30-ft..

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 = 172d6 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 - 2 = 11att and dam -2 penalty included in this attack due to sickened

If Enduring Crane Strike is successful I'll heal myself
Healing: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

5-Foot Step:
Take 5-Foot Step

You can move 5 feet in any round when you don't perform any other kind of movement. Taking this 5-foot step never provokes an attack of opportunity. You can't take more than one 5-foot step in a round, and you can't take a 5-foot step in the same round that you move any distance.

You can take a 5-foot step before, during, or after your other actions in the round.

You can only take a 5-foot-step if your movement isn't hampered by difficult terrain or darkness. Any creature with a speed of 5 feet or less can't take a 5-foot step, since moving even 5 feet requires a move action for such a slow creature.

You may not take a 5-foot step using a form of movement for which you do not have a listed speed.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Lars will triple move up(run).


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas will charge Bandit#9 with his Great Sword, bellowing as he closes.

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 5) + 13 = 24


Your Narrator

Thomas charges and cuts down the man flanking Sorek and Koan sticks two arrows into his target.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
'10' surrounds Thomas but fails to get past his armour, his rapier sliding off the side.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 Damage: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + (1, 5) = 8
Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
'1' moves around to flank Sorek easily as he can not react fast enough. 8 dmg and 2 bleed damage and sickened for 1 round

'7' drops his bow after Koan wounds him and flees into the night. "Screw this!"

Sorek moves out of the flank and (since 9 is down) attacks '1' transfering some energy to heal himself and Lars and Gheris continue closing in.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
'3' and '8' chase Sorek flanking him again but he fends off their attacks this time.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 2 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 2 = 9
'4', '5' and '6' all switch to Koan but their aim is off and the arrows land near his feet.

Round 4
Init order
23 Thomas
22 Koan
20 brigand10
17 Koayi
16 Brigand2
14 Brigand1
12 Brigand7
11 Sorek
9 Lars
9 Gheris
9 Brigand3
9 Brigand4
5 Brigand8
4 Brigand5
4 Brigand6
3 Brigand9


Retired

Koayi moves off to one side and draws her light crossbow.

51 to 100 of 4,725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legend of Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.