About Koayi Aimaina
Ten Minute Background:
Five Background/Concept Elements
1. Koayi makes no secret of her Tien heritage, dressing in fine silks with elaborate jewelry whenever possible. Though her adventuring equipment is more simple, it’s still of a high quality yellow silk.
2. Koayi traveled with her twin brother, Koan, across much of the Inner Sea region. Sometimes, when their food and coin ran out, she’d help him with his jobs, but usually she looked for less bloody ways to keep the coin flowing.
3. A few years ago, on their travels, Koayi found religion in the form of Calistria. She sees the Savored Sting as enjoying life’s pleasures in all their forms, but also as someone who’s not wronged easily, and she tries to live her life as close to those standards as possible. The only person she’ll easily forgive is her brother.
4. The Aimaina family’s fey heritage runs strongest in the girls, and Koayi began manifesting sorcerous powers when she was still a kit.
5. A few months ago, Koan heard rumor of a massive windfall of gold and ancient artifacts south of Geb, but only for those who found it first. The two traveled there and signed on with a caravan, hoping to explore the region and learn more about this mythical treasure-trove.
Two Goals (One for her, one for me)
1. Koayi wants nothing so much as to keep her brother safe. She’s accepted that he’s gone down a dark path in life, but she thinks someday he’ll once again be the child she remembers. Once that happens, maybe she can take him back home to their family, and all will be forgiven...
2. My goal for Koayi: I’d like to see Koayi grow to realize she’s not her brother’s keeper and that she can live her own life. I’d also like for her to get filthy rich and maybe save the world. We’ll see if she lives long enough for any of those goals to come to fruition!
Two Secrets (One she knows, one she doesn’t)
1. Koayi’s great-great-grandmother had dealings with the darker fey, kidnapping children from her village to trade in exchange for their secrets. She was caught and put to death, and the Aimaina family has been had a fey taint on its blood since, though one that they won’t talk about with outsiders.
2. One of the family secrets that’s been hidden from Koayi is that of her great-great-grandmother’s spirit. A few years after reaching adulthood, every woman in the family has had contact with her, and while most have survived, a few weren’t so lucky.
1. Koan Aimaina: Kitsune PC Applicant: Koayi’s twin brother.
2. Alberth Rok: A fatherly figure, Alberth was the captain of the ship that took Koayi to Geb. He took the fox-girl under his wing, helping her keep her secret hidden from the other passengers.
3. Ayaki Aimaina: Koan and Koayi’s mother. She sent Koayi to watch out for her brother when he left home.
Three Memories, Mannerisms, or Quirks
1. Koayi does not use pronouns to refer to people, always using their names. She also does not use contractions, and her speech sounds very formal as a result.
2. Koayi hasn’t been able to sleep in a proper bed since she was a kit, a result of a her fey-touched blood. If forced to seek refuge at an inn, she’ll curl up under the bed in fox-form, but she prefers the outdoors, even if the weather is bad.
3. She fondly remembers the buildings of her homeland, with their curved and tiled roofs and beautiful gardens, and she longs for the day she’ll return home.
Female Kitsune Sorcerer (Fey, Nine-Tailed Mystic) 3
CN Medium Humanoid (shapechanger, kitsune)
Initiative 7; Perception 1, Low-Light Vision
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-Footed 10 (+3 Dex, +1 Silken Ceremonial Armor)
HP 24 (3d6+6)
Fort +3 , Ref +4, Will +7
Speed 30 ft.
Bite +4 (1d4-1)
MWK Light Crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
Special Attacks: Laughing Touch 7/day
Spells/Effects (Concentration +7)
0th: X/Day (DC 14): Daze (DC 18), Message, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound
1st: 6/Day (DC 15): Sleep (DC 19), Vanish, Reduce Person
2/day: Disguise Self
3/Day: Dancing Lights
Modifiers: +1 racial DC to enchantments, +2 bloodline DC to compulsion, +1 Spell Focus DC to enchantments, +¾ favored class bonus to enchantments
Str 8 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 13 Cha 18
BAB +1 , CMB 0, CMD 13
Sorcerer Bonus Eschew Materials: You can cast any spell with a material component costing 1 gp or less without needing that component. The casting of the spell still provokes attacks of opportunity as normal. If the spell requires a material component that costs more than 1 gp, you must have the material component on hand to cast the spell, as normal.
Archetype Bonus Magical Tail: You grow and extra tail that represents your growing magical powers. You gain Disguise Self as a spell-like ability, usable twice perr day.
Extended Spell (Metamagic): An extended spell lasts twice as long as normal. A spell with a duration of concentration, instantaneous, or permanent is not affected by this feat. Level Increase: +1 (an extended spell uses up a spell slot one level higher than the spell's actual level.)
Spell Focus (Enchantment): Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against spells from the school of magic you select.
Improved Initiative: You get a +4 bonus on initiative checks.
Kin Guardian (Magic): Choose a single sibling with whom to share this bond. Once per day when you fail a saving throw while your sibling is within 30 feet, you may reroll that saving throw using your sibling's saving throw modifier. If you and the sibling are twins or otherwise part of a multiple birth, you gain a +2 trait bonus on the rerolled saving throw. Your sibling must be willing to grant you the reroll. If you fail the saving throw, you and your sibling are dazed for 1 round.
Subjective Truth (Social): You gain a +2 trait bonus on Bluff checks to lie, provided the person you're lying to has never known you to lie to him. Failing this check counts as being caught in a lie by the target, negating any future use of this bonus against that person.
Skills (Format is name: total (explanation for total) (9 Ranks Total)
Bluff: 10 (3 rank, 4 ability, 3 CS)
Knowledge (Arcana): (1 rank, 1 ability, 3 CS)
Knowledge (Nature): (1 rank, 1 ability, 3 CS)
Use Magical Device: (1 rank, 4 ability, 3 CS)
Spellcraft: 7 (3 rank, 1 ability, 3 CS)
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Tien
Wand of Mage Armor (50), Scroll of Fox's Cunning, Scroll of Make Whole, Scroll of Bull's Strength, Scroll of Ant Haul, Antitoxin (4), Smokestick, Alchemist's Fire (2), Silken Ceremonial Armor,, MWK Dagger, MWK Backpack, Scholar's Outfit, Silver Tiara, 250 GP
With Caravan: Wizard's Kit ( backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a flint and steel, ink, an inkpen, an iron pot, a mess kit, soap, a spell component pouch, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin), Bit/Bridle, Explorer's Outfit (2), MWK Light Crossbow, 20 Bolts, Bedroll, Tent
With Caravan: 145 lbs
L: >30, M: >60, H: >90