To Rappan Athuk

Game Master brvheart


Roll20 Site Link
Borderland Provinces Map


351 to 400 of 4,749 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Had enough of crazy Gorrsh? Well come on over. There's strength in numbers when on the open road right?

Yes I know I wont detect anything at this level. But to be consistent with his past and future actions.... As usual when meeting someone new Sorek uses his detect evil at will ability on the newcomer.


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Koan labors on through the heat. The new comer looked familiar, definitely from the caravan. He's seen him a wagon or two behind his own.
"Greetings. It seems you are just as stupid as we are, yes?"


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

Aggrammar lumbers after the others, and towards the one standing along in the middle of the road - "Yep, it seems Gorrsh and his bullies have been busy" - he grumbles.

Sorek wrote:
As much as I'd like to help the caravan should they get in any kind of trouble I worry that our help would not be received well. They might even interpret our presence as part of the brigands or whatever was attacking them. Plus their are some mighty Grapplers in that caravan as you Aggrammar very well know.

"Meh" - the dwarf shrugs - "Just didn't wanna hurt the lads, but I was about ta punch them in tha face fer good measure" - he chuckles - "Though damn yeah, he must have got them from an arm wrestling competition or somethin!"


Male Half-Orc Bard 3 | AC 18 T 12 F 16 | HP 27/27 | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 Bard 3 (Buccaneer)

Jar'k watches the newly weds make their leave of the caravan. Hmm.. . Isn't this an interesting turn of events. I wonder which group is most likely to get themselves in trouble first, the hot-head or the walking distractions-

The shouts from the others catches him off guard as he loses he train of thought. He calmly makes his way so as not to put anyone on their guard, there has been enough heated-words of late.

"Ahoy, there! Stupid, that remains to be seen. Unwise, well, seems more likely the case. You know who will be having your hands full taking these two under your watch?" says Jar'k pointing to the newly weds. "I suppose I can lend a hand. Have little else to do out here, and a bit of company never hurts. My name is Jar'k. I was heading to south to Endhome, but it matters not when I get there or anywhere else for the time being."


Male Half-Orc Bard 3 | AC 18 T 12 F 16 | HP 27/27 | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 Bard 3 (Buccaneer)

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Hmm... there was something that just doesn't sit well with me about those burned wagons.

(Edited the adjective of the wagons)


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Jar'k, they were burned by dragon fire. It was weeks, if not months ago though.


Male Half-Orc Bard 3 | AC 18 T 12 F 16 | HP 27/27 | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 Bard 3 (Buccaneer)

"Did anyone take note of those wagons a ways back? I don't know for certain, but I want to say it was the work of a dragon. I'm not sure how long ago, maybe weeks, perhaps months. But who knows, maybe I'm just getting carried away," says Jar'k as he tries to make small talk.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Of what you know about dragons, they hunt over hundreds of square miles so you don't think you are in any immediate danger. Now if you start flying, all bets are off!


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Oh hells! A dragon? I need a drink!"


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

"Hah!" Koan exclaims agitatedly, the heat getting to him a bit. "Did you hear that? A dragon! Why did it have to be a dragon?"


Male Half-Orc Bard 3 | AC 18 T 12 F 16 | HP 27/27 | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 Bard 3 (Buccaneer)

"Whatever dragon did that could be quite far off from where we are now. It is likely we may never even cross paths with such. But a weary eye to the sky never hurts."


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

He looks over at Sorek in a "told-you-so" manner.
"Out of all things to be right about, it seems the Dragon bit was no rumor."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The bad news is you didn't quite make the DC to figure out the size.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas grunts his agreement to Koan, and then crosses his arms over his broad chest as he studies Jar'k.

"We're headed to the next town as a group, and will figure out where we go from there. I'm Good Thomas. I used to be Gorrsh's second in command for the guard. You're welcome to walk with us. Can you defend yourself, or are you as useful as those two newly weds?"


Male Half-Orc Bard 3 | AC 18 T 12 F 16 | HP 27/27 | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 Bard 3 (Buccaneer)

"I get by, perhaps not as well as others, I'm afraid. But I have been in a brawl or two. Namely amongst a drunk now and again."


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

"don't worry.. Our drunk is quite friendly " smiling at Lars
"maybe he is truly touched by Pekko and his holy drink. that's the only way I can explain him being cheerful walking around all day in that hot heavy armor. "

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Hey! I resemble that remark!"


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Well the good news is it is a lot cooler here. A balmy 65 F for the high today


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

with a frown looking at KoanKoan if the rumour is true regarding the dragon maybe some of the others are true as well. Maybe that temple of Orcus is truly becoming a threat. I have no love for those pig-demon worshippers

back to smiling Hopefully the dragon is far away from here. But know what they say. You don't have to outrun the dragon. You just have to outrun your friends in heavy armor. Agreed Koan? directing Koans gaze to the heavily armored Thomas and Lars

friends... I've only known this group for a short time. yes friends...that would be nice

@brvheart Koans sister Koayi the sorceress is still with us. She has not been RPed out yet. Maybe we can drop her off at the next town where she can escort the newlyweds to safety(she has taken a liking to them)


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You are a day away from a means to do that at least. I am working on it:)


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas scratches at his chin and searches the horizon as if expecting to see a fell shape winging its way toward them.

"To die fighting a dragon. That would be a noble way to go."

He almost sounds wistful. Then he turns an amused glance upon Sorek. "You need not worry, friend Sorek. If a dragon comes, I will hold the line, and give you plenty of time to run."

He then gives a rolling shrug of his shoulders and places his hand on the pommel of his greatsword. He's big enough that he doesn't have to wear it slung over his back, but rather lets it hang at his hip. "If there are Orcus worshippers, then maybe there is reason for us to stop and pay them a visit. I too have no love for their kind."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The flies from the east are starting to get thick. Seems to be a swamp that way. Might think about your order of march and hitting the trail soon.

Encounters: Seems he has given you three of the wanderers already so it should be light for a little while. Will make another check in the evening.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Good Thomas, please make me a survival check.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Ogre tracks, half ogres by the looks of them. Several of them and they are not alone.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Half ogre tracks where we're standing on the trail?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

On the trail and leading off to the east. Seems pretty fresh within the last few hours. They look a lot bigger than you Good Thomas and seem to have a couple of smaller companions one orcish and one elven.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

are we going by the current Map link which takes us to a map of bonegnaw Harbor? Or are we going by the "old Rappan Athuk map" at the top of the thread?

Going by the old Rappan Athuk map if these tracks are going east that would be leading off the road and into the horsefly. swamp.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4
Sorek wrote:

with a frown looking at KoanKoan if the rumour is true regarding the dragon maybe some of the others are true as well. Maybe that temple of Orcus is truly becoming a threat. I have no love for those pig-demon worshippers

back to smiling Hopefully the dragon is far away from here. But know what they say. You don't have to outrun the dragon. You just have to outrun your friends in heavy armor. Agreed Koan? directing Koans gaze to the heavily armored Thomas and Lars

friends... I've only known this group for a short time. yes friends...that would be nice

@brvheart Koans sister Koayi the sorceress is still with us. She has not been RPed out yet. Maybe we can drop her off at the next town where she can escort the newlyweds to safety(she has taken a liking to them)

He shoots a look to the newlyweds, and then over at Koayi and gives the three a playful nod. "Did you hear that? Maybe there is a river of gold after all! Rejoice! A honeymoon in Rappan Athuk!"

Koan chuckles at Sorek's comment and jokingly adds "wouldn't hurt our cause if they took an arrow to the knee." as he pantomimes a shot for Lars and Thomas. A quick turn over to the newcomer Jor'k, with his imaginary bow pulled taut, Koan asks (in a mocking faux-british accent) " From where do you hail, newcomer? Have you any provisions? Perhaps more importantly, a map? Or even a home cooked meal? "


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Suddenly Good Thomas lets out a grunt as if somebody had rabbit punched him right in the solar plexus. His frown is such that it makes his already bestial face all the more intimidating as he crouches down by the side of the path, and traces the outline of several different sets of footprints.

"Heads up. Ogre and ogre-kin have passed through here. Recently too. Maybe an elf, maybe an orc with them. Headed that way." He points with one taloned finger to the east, and then rises to his feet.

"Unless we want to tangle with them, we should get moving. Seems like a sizable group."


Male Half-Orc Bard 3 | AC 18 T 12 F 16 | HP 27/27 | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 Bard 3 (Buccaneer)

" I was born to the sea, but haven't seen it much since my childhood. My mother and I traveled often as she was part of a traveling company. Endhome sounded as good a place as any to finally call a home. As for provisions, I try to carry only what I need, and hope it is enough to get by. Sadly, I am not much of a cook, but I'm not too picky of the food I come by. What about the lot of you? Where have you called home?"


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

I don't see a link and am going by the maps I posted Sunday which are similar to the Old RA map. As soon as I can post them in the campaign info I will


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Well let's keep moving then. No need to fight anything more than we have to, especially if we've decided to go on a crusade against Rappan Athuk. Pretty sure we'll get enough trouble in there. "


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas looks over to Jar'k, still frowning as he mulls over the recent tracks.

"I grew up on a farm far north of here. My father's not my biological father, but he might as well be. Took me in when others would've stove my head in. I've been working caravan duty since I could swing a sword. Safety in numbers, and it kept me moving. Folks get worried when I stick around their town's too long."

He nods to Lars. "Let's have at it then."


Male Half-Orc Bard 3 | AC 18 T 12 F 16 | HP 27/27 | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 Bard 3 (Buccaneer)

"Agreed. Best not go looking for unneeded trouble while we have guests."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Campaign info edited. Unfortunately I cleared the discussion thread so I had to set up a new one. It still had the old title anyway.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

"let's not go looking for trouble while we have this extra baggage. Let's keep moving "nodding towards the newlyweds

"Jark , I'm from the Jade wind's monastery a long way from here. Just a fair warning. . Travel with us and life will likely be interesting. . At least that's what I've grown to expect from our short time traveling together... "

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

As the conversation continues, Good Thomas begins marching down the trail, falling into a companionable stride that doesn't push the group too quickly. One hand remains on the pommel of his greatsword, while he keeps a weather eye out for trouble.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

If you beat feet you should be ok. Wishing I could have made NTRPGCon this weekend so I could tell Skeeter that encounter is nuts where it is at! It is too close to the road where new parties come in! Just fair warning to all. Nothing here is level balanced. It is just there. This is part sandbox and bears no resemblance to an AP!


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

"A dragon ye say..." - Aggrammar scratches his beard pensively - "Had heard some nasty things about tha region, but that's harsh" - he adds - "Well las, name's Aggrammar, been wearin' tha robes for some years now, so Thyr and meself we decided 'twas time to hit tha road. Pleased ta meet ya" - the dwarf extends a calloused hand to greet Jar'k.

-------------

As Good Thomas mentions ogre-kin, Aggrammar's mood turns somber - "I'd rather we'd not just let'em go. Such Ilk are a scourge, and we'd be doin' nothing but good if we put them down, the dogs" - he growls - "Can't say I'm too eager to head into tha swamp though, I tend to sink faster than a rock see? And if ye lads would rather stay outta trouble, then that's fine with me. We can't be side steppin' every 'bad guy' we come across though" - he finishes.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas looks over his shoulder at Aggrammar. "Not every ogre-kin is a dog." His tone is flat, his eyes hard. But he doesn't wait for a response, but rather turns and keeps on walking.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The rest of the day is fairly uneventful. Near the end of the day you come to a bridge crossing a river. Down river to the east you spot a rather large keelboat coming your direction.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas pauses as the bridge comes into view, and pulls out a cloth with which to wipe his bald pate. He scrutinizes the bridge to see if there are any guards of any kind, then turns to stare at the keelboat to get a sense of its crew.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Sorek pauses next to Thomas, looking at the boat as well

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 roll twice take best result
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Looks like a cargo keelboat, 10 sailors plus captain, sheep and a few cows.


Male Half-Orc Bard 3 | AC 18 T 12 F 16 | HP 27/27 | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 Bard 3 (Buccaneer)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Jar'k takes note of the boat. He looks to see if there is anything more he can tell about the boat beyond the crew and livestock.


Male Half-Orc Bard 3 | AC 18 T 12 F 16 | HP 27/27 | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 Bard 3 (Buccaneer)

Well... probably not much with those rolls. lol...


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

They seem harmless enough.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

"shall we ask anything of the sailors like maybe how close we are til the next town? . Or shall we keep on going down the road? "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

perception sailors: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

So far they don't seem to have seen you.

351 to 400 of 4,749 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legend of Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.