To Rappan Athuk

Game Master brvheart


Roll20 Site Link
Borderland Provinces Map


251 to 300 of 4,750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Your Narrator

"We have our orders dwarf. There's two of us and one of you. So we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Your choice." He cracks his knuckles and moves in. "Surround him. This should be fun." The other guard moves to the other side. The two holding Geoff watch, one smirking, the other frowning. Several close by standing around the burnt wreckage had begun returning to the caravan but another two stayed to watch about 15 feet away from Aggrammar, hands on their weapons but not drawing.


Your Narrator

Gorrsh seems to be under his own free will, however strange he may seem to be acting.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Seeing Dwarf seeming to be in trouble Lars will move to intervene, ready to draw a weapon if necessary. "Leave him be! You boss said to let him go and by Cayden you surely will!"


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

In light of the DM's post, Good Thomas continues talking with Lars by his wagon, over 200 ft. away.

"I know," says the ogren, rubbing at his chin uneasily. "I've worked for Harren and served under Gorrsh for several months now. This is the first I've seen of this darkness. It makes me think. Wonder if I can continue to work for them. This time trouble was averted. What about next time? Will I be forced to turn my blade against my employers?"


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

"Name's Aggrammar boy" - the dawrf retorts - "And ye're greener around the ears than I thought, if ye think ye're gonna surround me" - he adds, stepping forward - "Don't plan on waitin' fer that" - and launching a fist at the first one - "Lets get to it then!"

Unarmed/non-lethal attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage if it hits: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"After that, I would be worried. I can see be mad about bandits, but that's no cause to lash out against anyone convenient. Perhaps you should tag along with Aggramar and I when we leave. It might cost you a good job, but at least your conscience will be secure. "


Your Narrator

The guard tries to dodge but is unable to properly avoid the full blow. "That was a mistake. Get him." They flank Aggrammar and try to grab him.

Grapple: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10
Grapple: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18

The second one manages to get a hold of him. "I got him. Get him down."

I think everyone else is at the caravan and will let you roleplay what you want to do next. It will take 10 minutes or so for everything to start moving again.


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

Hmmmm, I don't like the look of those bonuses to CMB. +7 is a lot, Aggrammar may be biting the dust.

"Lets dance!" - the dwarf roars, as he tries to release himself.

CMB to break grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

When can Good Thomas start rolling Perception checks to hear the ruckus?


Your Narrator

Even a 20 won't help with the noise around you at the caravan.

Aggrammar almost manages to break free and the guards further their attempts to subdue him. "Ain't no green ears under Gorrsh, dwarf."

Maintain Grapple: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 5 = 16
Aid grapple: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23 +2 for 18

Together the guards pin Aggrammar.


Retired

Shocked at the sudden turn of events, Koayi can only look on helplessly. This is how quickly things turn, out here in the wastelands? Koan and I have no chance, if we are discovered. A quick shiver runs through her spine, and she turns away. Stepping into the crowd, she points a finger at Aggrammar and mutters under her breath.

Message (Aggrammar, or DC 25 for the grappling guards to hear it):

"Do not fear, sir. My brother and I will find a way to help you, I promise. Something is not right here at the caravan, and we will get to the root of the problem."

Having sent the message, Koayi begins to detect magic, aiming it in the direction of Gorrsh. If I can't do that because we're in initiative rounds, I'll think of something else. Otherwise, I'm assuming I concentrate on it for 3 rounds.


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

Definitely no greens.

Just a detail: I don't think flank applies at all, since you cannot flank when you do not threaten, and you do not threaten if you are unarmed, unless of course they have improved unarmed strike? Am I looking at this wrong? Because this would mean Aggrammar would not be grappled in round one, and he would have kept on punching.


Your Narrator

if you're at the caravan you can't see Aggrammar to use message. 200ft is more than the spells range.


Retired

I'm sorry, I assumed I followed Koan over, but maybe I'm just confused about where everyone is. It seems somehow like this is supposed to be a combat encounter, maybe a map would be helpful?


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Sorek is still with Thomas and Koan. . Ready to back them up as needed

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

We're taking the boy, Koan spits out. His eyes steady on Gorrsh, hoping to illicit a reaction.


Your Narrator

Gorrsh narrows his eyes at Koan. "Oh no you won't be boy. I took you for a sensible one but I guess I was wrong." He looks at Koayi for a moment before speaking to her. "Talk some sense into your brother here. Or you won't have our caravan to protect you from this wild land."

Gorrsh walks over to Thomas. "I don't usually do this but I've seen something in you and I'm giving you another chance. Go get that dwarf out of here and bring the other prisoner to me."


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

"Strange that you mention sensibility, yet you act so irrationally."
Koan walks closer to Gorrsh and speaks in a whisper
bluff: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
"Let me take the boy, let me take him under my wing. Maybe I see apart of myself at his age, maybe it's just a gut feeling. He's far too young for a punishment as simple as disfigurement. I can put him to work--an indentured servant is much more useful with two hands as opposed to one. From what I've heard of this Rappan Athuk, it may not be a bad idea to keep around an... Expendable, if you will. I'll throw in ten pieces of gold if it would sweeten the deal for you? Truth be told, Koayi seems to have taken a liking to him and, well, I'd like it if she got her way."


Retired

"He does not need me to talk sense into him. If he goes, so will I, and I have grown quite fond of the boy. If you must punish him, perhaps a finger would be sufficient? Either way, Koan is right. We are taking him." Koayi bares her teeth, an almost feral grin flickering across her face. "Next time a bandit hunts down your men one by one in the night, do not expect your caravan-members to help track the killers!"


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Irresolute, his moment of rebellion evanescing as the danger to the dwarf lessens, the ogren rolls his boulder-like shoulders and cracks his neck, and finally gives Gorrsh a nod.

Striding back through the camp, he steps up to where Aggrammar stands and gestures toward the edge of the caravans.

"Come. Regardless of how these events shall affect the rest of us, your time in this caravan has surely come to an end. I'll escort you out. No one need be hurt, including the guards here who are just following their orders."

Good Thomas turns to survey the caravan, including his companions in last night's foray, and then begins to walk toward the edge of camp, clearly expecting the dwarf to follow him.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Sorek whispers to Koan You said it yourself "Looks like the boy is getting his due". While I'd prefer to see mercy exercised with regards to the boy I do recognize that the punishment does fall under the purview of Gorrsh or Harren as it was their guard that was killed by the Bandit group. Now the Dwarf is innocent and I would be willing to fight to protect him from injustice, but I will not get in a fight over the boy.

Sorek joins Thomas walking towards Aggrammar.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

With his equipment packed up in his backpack, Lars seeks out Aggramar so they can be on their way. Sooner I'm away from this caravan of madness, happier I will be.


Your Narrator

Gorrsh stands listening to Koan's proposal. He frowns at first, then when gold is mentioned he smiles. "10 gold? The most worthless servant is worth more. Take your paltry gold and your sister and leave this caravan. I've had enough of you. The bandit, will stay." The horses are all back into line and the caravan is almost ready. A guard walks up with Gorrsh's horse.

As Thomas returns to the burnt wagons he finds Aggrammar wrestling with two guards who seem to have him firmly in their grasp. When you reveal he is to leave they object, "What? He gets to leave? What if he is a bandit!" The other two holding Geoff watch on along with another on a rise not too far away.


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

Hey! I thought we had agreed I was not firmly in anyone's grasp :D


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,
Aggrammar Deepdelver wrote:
Hey! I thought we had agreed I was not firmly in anyone's grasp :D

Whatever happened to Dwarven Dignity???


Your Narrator

The guards are clearly sweating from all the effort while Aggrammar barely looks puffed. One could even assume that he might be letting them wear themselves out on him before planning his escape maneuver.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Thomas turns back to the two guards, his patience finally snapping. With a snarl he strides up to them and pokes the one who spoke hard in the chest.

"I gave you an ORDER. Release him NOW. Do not test my patience, idiot."

With that, and fully expecting them to release the dwarf now, he once again turns to head out of camp.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Lars catches up with the dust up, and sees the Dwarf being harassed "You are to let him go! By Cayden I will run you lot through if you do not leave him be right now!"


Your Narrator

When Thomas gets angry the two step away from Aggrammar. "Woah ok. You didn't say Gorrsh ordered it." They look at each other but seem to ignore Lars as a lesser trouble. They pick up their gear and look back over to the caravan. "Looks like we're getting out of here. Finally." One of them looks at Geoff, "You're lucky kid. You get to keep your hand another day. Make the most of it." He laughs then sees Thomas heading away from the caravan. "Another mission? Looking for the bandits that burned this place? Gorrsh said it happened months ago! Hey catch us a woman this time. They're the feisty kind of bandit." He finally stops as Thomas moves away then looks at Aggrammar. "Watch yourself dwarf. I'll be keeping an eye out for you."

At the caravan near Koan, Koayi and Sorek everything is finally ready again and the wagons begin moving. (Assuming you don't try to get on one) The guards walk alongside as is the usual and watch you as they pass. Some in the wagon seats see you and wave. Geoff has a rope around his wrists and follows at the back. As the dust settles you notice two human figures nearby who have not continued on with the wagon. It seems to be the couple that tried to sneak off and have some alone time last night, though that seems like such a long time ago after the very eventful night. "Hey, we agree with you, so we decided that we couldn't let you suffer their unfairness on your own. We want to come with you." His wife/girlfriend/whatever-they-were nods in agreement.


Retired

Koayi looks at the couple in consternation. "You want to what? Do you have any idea where we are? Because I do not. Being left behind is a death sentence, now please, hurry and catch up with the others. I do not want your deaths to join ours."

She looks toward the hulking form of Thomas and begins walking toward him.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas reaches a shaded spot beneath a lone plane tree and turns, back to the trunk, crossing his arms over his broad chest. He stares at the caravan as it trundles away down the road, circling the burned out wagons, his broad, harsh features inscrutable, his wide mouth a thin line. Deep purple smudges lie beneath his eyes, and exhaustion drags at him, but he fights it and keeps his chin raised as the others gather.

If the foolish couple persists in trying to join their gathering, Good Thomas merely growls menacingly and points at the caravan, his meaning clear. There is no room for them here.

Then, with a sigh, he shakes his head. "Well, damn. I don't know what to say. What the hell came over Gorrsh? Months I've been working with him and Harren and this is the first he acts like that."

Rolling his shoulders irritably, he looks past the small group to the caravan once more. "Soured my desire to work with them though. But where does that leave us? Days from civilization. Out here with wolves and brigands. And each other."

At this he studies each member of the group. "We going to stick together? Head to the closest city, maybe?"


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Seems like a reasonable plan. We're capable enough. I think we can take care of ourselves. We'll make it. "


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

I think we're more than capable. The only question is where to. Same route we've been following?


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||
DM HolyWater wrote:
The guards are clearly sweating from all the effort while Aggrammar barely looks puffed. One could even assume that he might be letting them wear themselves out on him before planning his escape maneuver.

There - DM Holywater just saved my dwarven dignity :D

DM HolyWater wrote:
"Watch yourself dwarf. I'll be keeping an eye out for you."

"Ye're a funny one boy - if we ever meet again, and I don't need ta punch ya, I'll buy ye a beer" - the dwarf snorts - "And the name's Aggrammar" - he adds, before moving away.

----

Good Thomas wrote:
At this he studies each member of the group. "We going to stick together? Head to the closest city, maybe?"

"I'd say so, but in all honesty lads, if ye wanna get back to the caravan its okay - I'll just go on me merry way by meself" - Aggrammar shrugs - "Wasn't expectin' such a warm reception" - he chuckles.

Straighting up his gear, he continues - "First things first then - thank ye for taking up my side in that circus back there, to all of ye" - looking at all of you, but mainly Lars.

Lars the Crusader wrote:
"Seems like a reasonable plan. We're capable enough. I think we can take care of ourselves. We'll make it. "

"Of course we can - lets follow the road to the next town - I'm thinkin' we'll end up headin' the same way the caravan is headin"

Are you guys visibly worn out from the heat/travel? Let me know, and I'll drop a channel - it should heal non-lethal damage also. Otherwise, I think Heal can be used here too - not sure if you guys took some kind of stat penalties?


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

A bunch of us are fatigued from lack of sleep.


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

Don't think I have any means to remove Fatigue, but it should go away with a 1 hour rest, should it not?


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Any sort of argument is futile. Koan whispers to Koayi to grab her belongings as he grabs his and he leaves Gorrsh and his caravan without a word.

"My sister and I will join you, at least until the next city. I don't know what you each had planned on doing with that caravan, but perhaps you can find alternative means wherever we end up." Taking a deep breath, he realizes how heavy everything feels.
"Maybe it's best if we find a quiet hiding spot to rest up at least a little bit. These last few hours haven't been very kind."


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Yeah, I could surely use some rest. I'm spent. "


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

"Rest sounds good. . It'll give the caravan time to get ahead of us on the road so we're not nipping on their heels "

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Yeah, I quite doubt they want to see us again. "


Retired

Koayi collapses onto the ground, yawns, and curls up into a ball shape. "I agree. We must rest to keep up our strength. Once we have recovered, we can find a good course to take."


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Seeing Koayi curl up for a nap, Sorek although not fatigued like some of the group takes this opportunity to replenish his psychic reservoirs.

Sorek sits on the ground crossing his legs and letting his hands fall loosely into his lap. After a few minutes of sitting like this with his eyes closed his body rises off the ground by a couple of inches and will remain floating like this until 4 hours have passed or he is disturbed.

hope everyone is having a good weekend. Game to Thrones, less than 3 hours til season premiere.


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Koan takes a long drag from his waterskin and takes watch.
He finds himself repeatedly peering over at Sorek in his meditative state. "Probably best not to ask" he thought to himself.

keeping an eye out for a few hours until Sorek can take over


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Once 4 hrs pass, Sorek sinks slowly to the ground opens his eyes and surveys his surroundings. .

"Koan, I'll take over on watch. . Get some sleep. You need it almost as much as your sister. "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Your Narrator

almost forgot about them
The couple don't try to argue with anyone but they follow and stay with the group. Finding their own bush to watch and wait as neither of them are the least tired having been comfortable in the caravan.

You are able to find some shade amongst a rare group of trees and bushes. The sun rises to it's height and besides the natural sounds of the land nothing out of the ordinary happens and you may rest the day away. Sorek and Koan switch watches, keeping guard over their sleeping allies.


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

Aggrammar takes a look at the couple, then addresses the others, mainly Thomas - "The youngsters are gonna get themselves killed - are we against bringing them to our camp? They may be reckless, but that don't mean they need be eaten by some wandering beast"


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

I agree with Aggrammar. It would be wrong to leave them alone out here.

speaking to the couple.. I don't know what you were thinking. Leaving the safety of a caravan to brave the wild with our small group. Your choice make no sense. We'll try to keep you safe, but I can make no promises. And if we catch up to the caravan you will be rejoining them


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas cracks open an eye, uncomprehending at first, his features slack and puzzled as he stares blearily at the dwarf. Then, with terrible slowness, he turns his head to stare at the couple where they sit. His brow lowers and his expression hardens.

"Black piss."

He levers himself upright as if each bone were a crowbar, forcing his muscles to lift his bulk stiffly. He steps over to them, looming, and glowers down at their upturned faces.

"What are your names? Can you do ought but kiss each other? Any skills or talents? Anything at all that will help keep you alive out here?"

His tone, strangely enough, becomes a combination of exasperation and resignation by the end of his questioning.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Now that everyone's rested do you think we should get in a couple of hours of travel before setting up camp around midnight? The lovebirds can answer our questions while we travel.

regained 3 hp from resting


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Koan pulls Sorek aside while Koayi is preoccupied with the lovebirds. He seems very worried after the events of the last night.
Sorek, I....I need... your help. Having Koayi around has been weighing me down. She is the only true family I have and I know this is not the life she needs to be apart of. When we part with the two stowaways, I need to convince her to go with them. I need her to go back home, to our country, where she'll be safe from all this madness.

251 to 300 of 4,750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legend of Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.