To Rappan Athuk

Game Master brvheart


Roll20 Site Link
Borderland Provinces Map


301 to 350 of 4,721 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

Guys, just out of curiosity, do we have a posting rate? Seems like we are in the same place for over a week now...

Aggrammar follows Thomas as he goes to speak with the couple.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

"of course Koan. . When the time comes I'll add my voice to yours. . Hopefully together we can convince her. She seems to have taken an interest in the lovebirds. When they go we can argue that they need her protection "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Your Narrator

If things are slow I think that may be my fault. I was sick then had a crazy week. Let me know which way you guys want to go, Koayi can become an NPC and if you decide to send away the other 2 she could go with them.

The two of them shy back a bit at the onslaught of words. They seem surprised that you think so little of them. Then they find their courage and stand straight. "It didn't seem very safe in the caravan to me," he says, "Gorrsh scares us more than a few measly bandits. Besides, we aren't unarmed." The girl lifts her shirt a few centimeters to reveal a dagger and the boy pulls a short sword from their pack, as well as some padded leather armour. "I took it from the guards spares when no one was watching." He smiles.

"I am Star and this is my future husband Rock." She looks lovingly at him when Thomas mentions kissing. "There'll be plenty of time for that later.

[b]"I can help hunt," Rock says.

"And I make the best stew. Moms secret recipe. And we will help watch everyone's backs, and any other things brave adventurers do." Star says.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Aggrammar I don't think we have a set posting rate. I don't think a minimum of 1 post a day is too much. .

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

"Well Rock and Star, if you insist upon traveling with us just be aware that you would be safer with the caravan and we cannot guarantee your safety. "

we are now traveling the same route as the caravan and will travel now until midnight. . Rockstar and Koayi are traveling with us. . Unless someone would like to take a different set of actions. Not looking to take charge just trying to advance the plot . .

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Wouldn't mind keeping Koayi as an NPC since that's out only arcane caster.

"I think perhaps you kids have been listening to too many bards in taverns. The adventuring life is very often nasty, brutish and short. You should seriously consider going back to the caravan. However it is your choice. "


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

"Ye should listen. This is sound advice" - Aggrammar adds - "But if ye're tagging along, best put that armor on, and stay close. I think we're about ta get movin'


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas stretches, interlacing his fingers and turning his palms to the sky, reaching up with a groan till his shoulders pop, and then allowing his arms to swing down.

"All right. The caravan's got enough of a lead. I say we start hitting the road."

He pauses, struck by a thought. Frowns and glances at the others. "All my life, I've worked security on caravans. It's been a safe job for me in human lands. Less of a chance of my being... attacked. And there's always been a captain in charge. Giving orders. Setting shifts. Maybe... maybe we don't need that here? Or do we?"

He looks unsure of himself, pushing the knuckles of one hand into the palm of the other. He looks from Lars to Sorek to Aggrammar to Koan.

"What do you all think?"


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"I'm not really a regimented sort myself. I think we can just agree to stuff as we go along. "


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

"I agree with Lars. . We can figure things out as we go "

regarding Koayi. . We need an arcane caster. . Either she stays on as an npc which increases DM HolyWaters workload or we have to recruit. . What would you like to do HolyWater?

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

Agreed. It isn't highest on my list of concerns. When we reach an establishment, we will figure it out then.
He looks over at the dwarf, a bit puzzled as to how extensive his knowledge may be.
Aggrammar, do you happen to know anything of the area? Where should we start heading out towards?


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

"I agree with the lads" - Aggrammar nods to the Ogren - "We just need to get ourselves organized if we wanna stay attached to our skins - shifts still need ta be set, but we can work that out. And without orders, its time ye start headin' towards where ya wanna go, instead of where da wind blows" - he smiles at the large warrior.

Thousand-Faced Koan wrote:
Aggrammar, do you happen to know anything of the area? Where should we start heading out towards?

"Ya got me there - I know close to nothin' about the region" - he shrugs apologetically - "I kinda just grabbed my stuff and came. Guess we follow the caravan? They're daft, but I won't refuse them help if they need it"


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Still walking in the same direction as the caravan. With the plan being to stop for camp around midnight and then start back on the road


Your Narrator

The two nod, agreeing to cooperate with the group. Before setting off they help each other put on the armour. Apparently they must have planned this as they seem to know how to put it on. What else might they have been planning away in that caravan besides kissing each other.

Inspecting the old burnt out wagons (Nature or Arcana or Engineering DC 15):

Taking some time to look around you find hidden beneath some dirt one of the old iron chassis'. The thing that catches your attention is the fact that it is bent and warped, some places almost melted away. Definitely not something that a normal fire would be capable of doing.

Travelling the road you can easily follow the tracks of the caravan and keep a suitable distance behind them that unless they are scouting behind them they would never know it. More of the same empty dusty road is ecnountered. To the east the swamps are between you and the ocean, the the west endless plains, habited by who knows how many bandit groups, wolves and other dangers. "We came this way because of the rumours. There's plenty of treasure to share for all of us. We won't mind if you want first pick either. I heard that there is a river of pure molten gold somewhere in Rappan Athuk."


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas, much refreshed by their rest, marches at the head of the group, his greatsword slung over one broad shoulder, slowing his stride so that Aggrammar isn't forced to hustle. He seems content with his lot in life, walking with a new group of friends, and a certain dourness seems to have fallen from his expression.

At the mention of Rappan Athuk, he laughs. "Old Elgar, one of the caravan guards, said that a great wizard tried to build a tomb in the wilderness, but couldn’t manage the effort. Rappan Athuk's all that's left of his attempt. At which point Gorrsh himself laughed, all cynical, and said, 'Rappan Athuk? Bah! No one ever gets out of that place alive!'"

The ogren looks over at the others. "Caught my attention, that did. Seems like people have been trying to plunder this tomb since forever - and failing."


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Not sure I'd be one to believe in rivers of pure molten gold. However I have heard there was once a temple of Orcus somewhere in there, but it is no more. Nonetheless a wizard of some note lives nearby the place and is willing to pay bounty of followers of Orcus that people slay. That rather sounds like a good way to earn some coin. Followers of Orcus are a foul lot. "


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4
Good Thomas wrote:


The ogren looks over at the others. "Caught my attention, that did. Seems like people have been trying to plunder this tomb since forever - and failing."

Perhaps their failures could be attributed to the Living Statues down in the caverns who ambush unsuspecting explorers.

Koan keeps in pace behind Good Thomas, eyes scanning the surrounding. He looks over the wagon as he passes by.
Or maybe the slumbering dragon has awoken...


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Agreeing with Lars. "Collecting bounties on Orcus worshipers is something I'd be very interested in "
Looking over at Koan. "but playing with a dragon... Not so much "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

"Heck!" - Aggrammar pipes in with a snort - "It seems there is no shortage of rumors about Rappan Athuk, that's fer sure"

He thinks back on what he has read, and stories heard about the place - "Funny thing is, from what I've heard, the truth may even be worse than followers of Orcus, or sleeping dragons, though tha last one seems nasty indeed"

Looking at both Sorek and Lars, he adds with a smile - "Though I'm guessin' a river of gold, and the chance to bump some heads with followers of tha underworld King would make anyone's day"


Your Narrator

Encounter dice love you or something. Nothing for today.

After a good day of travelling, minor complaining about sore feet and plenty of sun it's time to find a campsite or safe place to spend the night. The caravan can't be more than a couple of hours ahead. "Should we start a fire? Does anyone have any tools?"


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Yes, I have tindertwigs. We just need to scare up some firewood. Grab all you think you need, then get double that. "


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

"Let's find a good spot to camp in," says the ogren, rolling his head from one side to the other so as to crack his neck audibly. "With wolves and worse on these moors, it'd be best if we could make a fire somewhere hidden."

As they continue to walk, Good Thomas looks around for signs of a promising location.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 "This looks decent. I think a fire will keep wolves away, but you're right about other things which fire might attract. "


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

"as long as that dragon is trapped underground we should be be alright "

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Settling down for the night with a small fire

"I'll take first watch. . Koan I'll wake you for second watch "

-Posted with Wayfinder


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Get me for the last watch. I need to be up to pray anyway. Tis a cruel god Cayden at times. Praying with a hangover is no joy. "


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

"Wake me whenever ya boys need" - Aggrammar adds.


Your Narrator

The couple go off to collect some fuel for the fire, hand in hand. After one day in the wilderness they have kept their composure, seeming to enjoy this little adventure. Soon they return loaded up and begin to build a site for the fire. "Where do you think the entrance to Rappan Athuk is?"

The watch is set and rations eaten. Not a lot is said and people rest in the warmth near the fire, gathering their strength for the trek tomorrow. Fortunately the sun arrives and everyone wakes to find themselves alive and well.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

After a peaceful meditation Sorek sinks back to the ground fully rejuvenated back to full hp

The group gets back on the road early in the morning heading in the same direction they have been, following the caravan.


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||
DM HolyWater wrote:
The couple go off to collect some fuel for the fire, hand in hand. After one day in the wilderness they have kept their composure, seeming to enjoy this little adventure. Soon they return loaded up and begin to build a site for the fire. "Where do you think the entrance to Rappan Athuk is?"

"Can't say I know that lad" - Aggrammar retorts - "I've been thinkin' we may be able to get some additional info once we manage to reach a settlement closer to that wretched place - ye ever heard anything about it?"

Agreed with Sorek - back on track and following the caravan path.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Ok, time to hit the road again. " and he will get his stuff together and get back on the road following the path of the caravan.


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas groans and rolls onto his side, smacking his lips several times as he blinks at those rising around the camp, and then wordlessly climbs to his feet and shoulders his pack, ready to go.


Male Kitsune Executioner Slayer 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2| Per +8 | Sense +6 | Init +4

"Another day, another dusty caravan trail. This is the longest I've ever spent in the wilds since leaving home. I'm starting to miss a properly cooked meal."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||

Soooo... :D


Elven Archaeologist Bard HP 33/33 | AC 19/ FF 15/ T 15 | Per +13 | F: 3/ R: 10/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Luck: 0/6 | Extend: 0/3 | Active Conditions:

.


Male Half-Orc Bard 3 | AC 18 T 12 F 16 | HP 27/27 | F +3 R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 Bard 3 (Buccaneer)

Dot just so it appears on campaigns list.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Cameras are rolling whenever you are CB!


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Here is a copy of the road map from the roll 20 site.


Male dwarf evangelist cleric of Thyr 7 || HP: 70/70 || Init +5 || Wand of CLW (35/50) || Sermonic Performance (16/16) || Channels (3/3) ||
Thousand-Faced Koan wrote:
"Another day, another dusty caravan trail. This is the longest I've ever spent in the wilds since leaving home. I'm starting to miss a properly cooked meal."

"I wouldn't be sayin' no to a fine roasted boar, that's fer sure" - Aggrammar nods at Koan - "But I'm guessin' that'll have ta wait fer a while lad. Lets get a move on after that caravan o'yours" - he motions to Good Thomas and the others - "Even if they are daft as cave lizards, we should help them keepin' outta trouble if we can"

The dwarf packs his gear, and seems ready to go, spear at the ready.

You guys wanna set a walking march order? Maybe some scouting? Did anyone roll for the caravan? We don't have anyone with Knowledge (Arcana), right...?


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

Lars is well suited to front line, perhaps him and Thomas up front.

"I don't much know that we want to catch up with the caravan. Best to keep some distance. They have plenty of guards and should be able to take care of themselves. As crazy as they are I fear them more than the brigands. "


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

Good Thomas grunts deep in his chest as he stretches, and then rolls his head around his neck until it lets loose a series of staccatto pops.

"Let's set our own pace. If we see them ahead, we'll figure out what to do then."

The ogren then looks over to the newly weds and scowls. "You two. In the middle of the group. No wandering off. If we can't see you, we can't protect you. Clear?"

That said, he adjusts his greatsword, hitches his pack twice so that it settles comfortably on his massive shoulders, and then steps back onto the trail, ready to take the lead with Lars.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Jar'k has Knowledge Arcana 5. Sorek and Koan are quite comfortable scouting if needed.

As much as I'd like to help the caravan should they get in any kind of trouble I worry that our help would not be received well. They might even interpret our presence as part of the brigands or whatever was attacking them. Plus their are some mighty Grapplers in that caravan as you Aggrammar very well know.

smiling at Aggrammar I remember something about Dwarven Dignity]


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

But would Jar'k have seen the wagons?


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

We haven't met Jar'k yet. So unless he traveled this road ahead of or behind us he won't have seen it ...

Otherwise i dont think anyone in the current group has Knowledge arcana unless Good Thomas used to play around with some saucy Sorceress before joining the caravan.
So I dont think we'll be picking up any info off of those burnt wagons


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

I have Jar'k as a passenger in the caravan just someone you have not met and having him leave for the same reason the newlyweds did. Makes more sense to me that meeting him on the road.


Koayi is with us still! She most certainly has Arcana


HP 38/38 | AC 21, Touch 11, FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3 | Per +0, Darkvision 30' | Init +5

There has been a sad dearth of saucy sorceresses in Good Thomas' life thus far.


HP 85/85 | vs Evil +1AC(deflection) AC 24 | T 20 | FF 20 |not vs Evil= AC 23 | T 19 | FF 20 | CMD 26| F +7| R +12 Evasion| W +11 |vs Evil opponents +1 Saves(Resistance)|Init +8 | Perc +14 | | PP 15/17 Buffs=+4ac Inertial Armor 2hr,

Ok if Jark is/was in the caravan he would have seen the burnt out wagons as the caravan also passed by the wagons.
Is Jark with us now as he left for the same reason as the newly weds or is he going to tire of the authoritarian air in which the caravan is run and double back on the road seeking better company(us)?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

He is standing on the road. It is up to you to do the role playing to get him into your group. At that point he can do the knowledge roll. You can both see each other as he is not far. Probably about the same distance the newlyweds were.


HP 43/43 AC 26, T 12, FF 24, CMD 20, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8, Init +2, Percep +13

"Hmm, looks like the nutjob in charge scared off another one. Wonder who he is? Looks fairly harmless. "

and to the stranger

"Hail there fellow, have an issue with the caravan master as well?"

301 to 350 of 4,721 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legend of Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.