The Valwick Chronicles

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

The tales of a town.


3,151 to 3,200 of 7,948 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>

Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

Yeah but the new person in town ignores laws, starts harassing strangers because of "a feeling" and starts throwing their weight around because they can, doesn't make anyone inclined to believe you and pretty much starts us off being untrusted.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

My "feelings" are usually right. It's okay, they'll all see soon how right I am. Whether of not it will be in time to keep people from getting killed remains to be seen. I would rather not have my point proven that way if we can help it.


Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)

Anyka doesn't respond, something that reminds Gashka of moments when she vanished to follow a lead in the past. Her sister was very good at handling herself and being unseen.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Gashka smirks at her sister's quick thinking, knowing that they would never see her made her feel a little better about her going off on her own. She wasn't going to apologize for being right, she had ignored feelings before and people had died, she was tired of seeing bodies buried and she didn't want to be proven right that way.


Are you following the three men, Anyka?


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris shakes his head. "We could have handled that differently...we were too suspicious."


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

Eldan wanders out of sight and heads toward the back of the cafe.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


After the group leaves, Luth checks the door. Finding it locked, he knocks.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She shakes her head right back at him, "Maybe....but I don't think there was any other way to handle that that wouldn't be suspicious and I'm not gonna apologize for following my instincts. I just hope metal britches figures it out before it's too late. I'm sick and tired of being too late to help people. I think I just need to get down in those mines tomorrow and beat thed crap outta some big ugly spiders....maybe some drow...who knows. I don't even know if the dark elves are the same here as they were at home. I just....I'm not good at being subtle Chris. It's never gotten me anywhere."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"We're new here...it's not a good way to start a new life," Chris says.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She shrugs. She didn't feel the need to keep trying to explain why she handled it the way she did. "They'll see, and they'll be sorry, and it will be too late."


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

The three men see Eldan circle around to the back and attempt to sneak up on him. Eldan sees a chimney on the roof as the only other way in.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"Thank god for these slippers," Eldan says, starting to walk up the wall.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


The men quickly fall on Eldan.

Grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

Eldan evades their grasp. "Get the hells away from me!"

He draws his rapier and retreats up the wall. "Screw it."

He takes a quick peek into the chimney.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


The chimney appears clear to the disguised kobold. The three men head toward the front.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

Eldan jumps down the chimney as artfully as he can.

Falling with Style: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30


Eldan lands in a pile of ash and sees a bound woman held by two men.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"Eldan to the rescue!" the kobold yells.


Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)
GM Henry Fortuna wrote:
Are you following the three men, Anyka?

The idea was actually to stick around to see who leaves the place after everyone's gone, or possibly sneak in.

Which means I see this crazyness


Well, Eldan went in through the chimney. The three men ran around to the front. Anyka sees they collided with Luth and his paladins. Some guy in dragon armor ran off.


Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)

So three guys are mixing it up with the Paladins, one guy ran off and the doo's wide open? Are weapons drawn?


Yes-ish, yes, yes and yes. The three guys knocked down the paladins so they're just in a heap. This'll go to the other thread now.


Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)

Okay


Asha smiles and drinks some tea. Priya helps herself to a sandwich after handing one to Juhi.


"Our many different paths have brought uss here, and made uss a family." Kāma says with a smile, instinctively rubbing Elena's back.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She nods in agreement, "Yeah, I don't know how I got so lucky, but I feel like I ended up with the best family ever. I'm sorry if I'm a pain in the butt sometimes." She says, genuinely grateful for being brought to such wonderful people.


Elena chuckles. "You're not a pain in the butt, Rajni. You're you and we all love you."


Juhi nods. "You're the best sister in the world, Rajni. Sorry, Elena."


Elena laughs. "It's okay, Juhi."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris walks into the apothecary and quickly finds what he needs to make two vials of alchemist's fire for each person in the group.


Ryota looks over everything. "Making alchemist's fire, I see. That will be eighty gold."

He then looks at Gashka. "Did you find out what those men were after?"


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris counts out the money and hands it to Ryota.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She shakes her head, "Nope, the Paladins didn't think it was "suspicious" enough to do anything about it. A couple of our people hung back though, so I'm sure I'll find out what happened later. As long as that Drago guy and his woman are okay, that's all I care about." She says with a shrug. The annoyance in her voice is very apparent as she was frustrated greatly by the whole situation.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

The coloring in her cheeks darkens, "Awe geez...thanks you guys. I love you too." She says before giving her sisters hugs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"You cannot fault the paladins for wanting evidence to confirm their suspicions," Ryota says. "There are a few people in this town that many would be suspicious of due to the actions of others of their race. The spirit of this town relies on giving others the benefit of the doubt even if it isn't always right."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

"Well, that's a nice philosophy and all, let's hope it doesn't bite them in the butt." She quips back before walking out of the shop.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris sighs as he gathers the ingredients and stows them in the bag. "She's been through a lot...don't hold it against her."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Gashka just stands outside shaking her head, marveling at the lack of security for such a large town. Anyone could come in at anytime and do whatever they want to whomever they please and no one would have any idea because what....everyone is a good guy? That's just stupid.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"Do you want to go back to the cafe and see if everything is alright?" Chris asks.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She seems to think about it for a minute, "Will that stuff be okay in your bag? I wouldn't want that stuff to get broken since it cost a bit to get."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris shrugs. "Should be okay unless the bag gets punctured. I tend to block knives with my body, though."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods, "Okay...Anyka hasn't come back yet, so it would probably be a good idea." Looking at Chris she sighs, "Try not to block them that way please. Just...if things are looking rough, try to stay back. Just keep them from running out the door if you can, but don't get hurt or try anything crazy okay?" She says, the concern in her voice apparent.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"I'll try," Chris says, heading back to the cafe.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods, "That's all I ask." As they head back to the cafe she pays attention to their surroundings and watches the people around them.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Lol....I guess I'm a little distracted actually.


It'll take 3 rounds to reach the cafe.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Okay, things should be pretty well in hand by then.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

As they walk back to the house, something about what had happened was bothering her. It felt like Gashka was tumbling over an edge she might not be able to come back from. There were so many things about her sister she didn't know, but she had believed her when she said something didn't feel right....maybe because she had had similar moments herself. Like when shed chose to go against the Ganz army for Jerrica that time. Sometimes you just had to go with your gut, and yet.....

Shaking herself from her thoughts she kisses the back of Vishanti's hand, "I'm worried."


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

"About Gashka or those men?" Vishanti asks, looking into her love's golden eyes.


After a little while, Asha yawns. "We better head back home and give Ranjeet here some time to settle in."

"Stop by anytime you like," Ranjeet says to everyone. "And thank you for such a warm welcome."

3,151 to 3,200 of 7,948 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Valwick Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.