The Valwick Chronicles

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

The tales of a town.


3,401 to 3,450 of 7,947 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

Renard finds a very inconspicuous set of doors outside. He barks to get Gashka and Chris' attention.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"Looks like Renard found something," Chris says.


Dillon smiles at Rajni as he eats. "Thank you for dinner."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods and lights the torch before handing it to Chris, "Here, can you hold this for me while I check out these doors that your clever friend found?" Once he takes the torch, Gashka looks over the doors more carefully.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Looking up into his face she smiles, "You're welcome. I'm glad I wasn't asleep when you came by."


"You looked just about ready for bed," Dillon says. "I feel a little bad about bringing you out."


Gashka notices the doors open outward and have sturdy iron handles. They aren't barred or otherwise unable to be opened.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris takes the torch. "I guess I can also sleep down here if it's big enough."


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She swallows another bite and shrugs, "It was a busy day and I ate lots of yummy cake. Nothing is better to me though than spending time with you, I don't care if I'm tired or not. I would always pick you over sleep...any..day..of..the..week." She says, gently caressing his hand with her thumb for emphasis as she draws out the last five words of the sentence. She gives him her crooked half smile before leaning in to give him a sweet kiss.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She pauses with her hands on the iron handles. Looking over her shoulder at him she shakes her head, "You are out your damn mind if you think for one second I'm gonna let you sleep in some dank, damp, dusty, and musty 'ol basement. You can sleep upstairs like the rest of us....unless you really don't want to be upstairs with the rest of us?"

Taking her hands off the handles she turns to face him, "Why do you feel like you always have to hide? Is it because of where we came from?" She asks, her voice full of concern for someone that she considered a close friend.

Is it a strength chedck to open the doors?


Female Kitsune Unchained Summoner/ 11 Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +10
Hitome Murakami wrote:
Hitome enjoys the sensation of utter calm that falls over her, as Jin plays, the beauty of her music soothing the midwife warrior. She smiles at the serene expression on Jin's face, glad to see her truly relaxed in a way she hadn't been before they got here.

Sorry, there's so much stuff going on I forget about some things. I'm trying to keep....I don't know. I just don't know. The dinging machines are keeping me awake though.

As she finishes her song, she just sits still with her eyes closed, enjoying the serenity of the moment and the stillness of the evening. After a few more minutes she exhaled a soft relaxed sigh before tending to her instrument. She uses a cloth to carefully clean it before putting it away. Closing her eyes again she takes three more deep cleansing breaths before standing again. Looking out across the water she smiles a little as the breeze gently blows her hair across her young face. Tucking some hair behind one of her ears she turns to face Hitome, "The air seems to be getting cooler, want to go insided and have a cup of tea?"


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"No, no, it's not that," Chris says. "I was just thinking it would give us all some space if I just stayed down here. If it's not really cold in there, of course."


The doors just swing open.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)

The tears stream down Anyka's face freely, but at Gashka sort of expected, she hold most of it in, the turmoil clearly there, beneath a mask of numb calm, though something dark an violent dances in her eyes. She nods when Gashka takes her parents to their new home, genuinely glad that at the very least, her sister was able to gain something out of it all.

When Derika asks if she needed anything she let's out a bitter little laugh."I'm willing to bet we don't have anything close to strong enough to help. I'm fine, but thanks." They meant well, she knew that, but there were very few people she shared her deep emotions with.....a hell of a lot fewer now.....And right now, she needed to be alone.

Going upstairs, she climbs out of the window, nimbly crawling up onto the roof. She welcomes the cold, the fading light, the solitude to truly understand the magnitude of what they'd lost.


Female Aasimar Paladin (Enlightened) 11

"Yes, that sounds good right now." Hitome replies quietly, taking a slow deep breath of the cool night air before standing up. "That was beautiful."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

I wanted to give it a sad face but it won't let me do emoji's here, so here. :( I sorry and I'll be there with you just as soon as we get some other stuff settled.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She eyes him warily with that, 'I don't know about that', look. Sighing she opens the door, "Okay...if that's really the way you feel, but I don't want you getting sick. Got it?"


Female Kitsune Unchained Summoner/ 11 Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +10

Getting up she brushes the sand off of herself and stretches, several things popping and cracking as she does so. She kind of shrugs a little, "Thanks...for a long time, my music was all I had...and then there was Gyo. Yamamoto Sensei was always kind and nurturing in teaching me different things. He never discouraged me from following an interest in something, even if it didn't have to do with me being a summoner because he said everything makes me who I am, not just being a summoner...or something like that. He was always saying things like that." She gives kind of a shrug, but the tone of her voice speaks of her love and respect for the man who raised her.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris tosses his hair back and gives Gashka a wry smile. "Madam, I am a doctor. I don't get sick."


Gashka opens the door and sees nothing inside.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris lights the torch. "Any rats, snakes or demons in there?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

"Here let me take that you man you." She says with a laugh as she takes the torch and steps inside, "Let's see what's in here."

Going inside the empty space she walks around while holding the torch out in front of her to try and see what they were looking at.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Finishing the dishes she dries her hands and sighs a little.


The basement is a little smaller than the main room above and the stone walls make the room even colder than it is outside. Gashka doesn't see anything at all down here.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Putting one hand on her hip she turns to look at him, "You are not sleeping down here. You could probably use it as a work area, but that's it. We would need to get you some shelves and a work bench. I bet Papa could help with that...or maybe that other fellow where we got the furniture. You would also need to either dress really warm to be down here for any length of time, or we'd have to put some heat source down here. We'll figure it out. Right now it's empty and cold and you can use the kitchen table for tonight and then we'll get it fixed up when we get back from the mines for you to use as a lab. Sound good?" She says, though it sounds more like a statement and less of a question.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris sighs. "Alright."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Looking at him she kinda gives him a smile, "Okay look, how about if we can find a way to cover these walls and keep a little heat in here and you dress really really warm, we'll see if we can make it work for you sleeping if that will make you feel better. I just want you to be comfortable and I don't want you to get sick. I know you're a doctor, but you're still human too." She says, her words coated by the concern she has for his well being.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Sorry...I'm gonna have to give this up until after I've had some more sleep and have time and the ability to think things through. I don't think I'm making much sense right now.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"I'm fine with just working down here," Chris says. "When we've fixed it up. Maybe Barclay will help us with our own place after we deal with the spiders."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods, "Okay...that sounds like a plan. For now, let's close this up until we can get some stuff down here and get you set up in the kitchen. Okay? Any way we look at it, this is just temporary so it's alright for now. At least we're not sleeping in tents out in this cold." She says, rubbing her arms.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

Coming up behind her Gashka as she's at the sink, Vishanti wraps her arms around her love's waist, leaning down to rest her chin against her shoulder. "How are you doing my love, now that you have time to process it all?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Taking Vishanti by the hand, shed goes and sits down in a chair at the table, pulling her love into her lap as she does so. Thinking for a moment she kisses the back of her neck and her shoulders before wrapping her armsx around her and holding her close, "Honestly....it sounds a little crazy, but I really don't think someone could make up such a fantastic story. I guess....I can understand why they did it, and I feel better knowing that I wasn't just thrown away."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris heads back up, Renard right behind him. "Yeah, we are fortunate."

He looks off in the distance while waiting for Gashka.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Coming out behind him she shuts the doors before walking over to him, "So...copper for your thoughts?"


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"Why us?" Chris asks. "Well, not you so much. Lucato explained that, but why were Anyka and I spared as well?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She shrugs, "I really don't know, but I'm glad you're here."


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

"I will thank the stars every day that you were not. " Vishanti replies caressing her cheek.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris nods. "I'm just trying not to think about all the people that are gone. Not just our friends and family, but just...everyone."


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Putting her arms around her love, she leans into the caress. Resting her head against her shoulder she sighs, "It's been a really crazy day. Do you think we can go for a walk before making up our bed and turning in for the night?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods, "I know....it's almost too much to think about. If you guys hadn't shown up with me though, I'm pretty sure I would have lost it completely."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris nods. "We better get inside. It's going to take a while to get those alchemist's fire ready."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Nodding as well she follows him inside, "I better go check on Anyka."

Knowing her habits from the times she had been upset at home, Gashka goes upstairs and manages to make it up on the roof, though not as nimbly as her sister. Giving her a little space, she just sits a door orf two from her. "I know this is a stupid question, but are you going to be okay?"


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris goes to the kitchen and sets up his lab.

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (5) + 28 = 33


Chris finishes all twelve alchemist's fire in just about five hours.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Damn...get some rest. I guess you can sleep in while I'm taking my parents around to get what they need.


Dillon returns the kiss and smiles. "Let me finish this up so we can get you back home."


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She nods, "Okay." Having already finished her salad and bread, she sits quietly while he finishes his dinner.


Dillon finishes his meal. "I can pay if you don't mind."


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She yawns, "Okay honey, if that's what you want to do."


Dillon chuckles and puts a gold down on the table. "Let's get you back home."

He stands up and offers his hand to Rajni.

3,401 to 3,450 of 7,947 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Valwick Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.