The Valwick Chronicles

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

The tales of a town.


3,351 to 3,400 of 8,009 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

"I'll just have a small salad with whatever bread you have and some hot tea." She says while trying not to look as sleepy as she felt.


Hadrinn nods and goes to get Rajni and Dillon's orders.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris nods numbly.


"Do you know where we should stay for tonight?" Thrainn asks Gashka.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods, "Yeah...I'm sorry. I know you must be really tired after everything. I went to talk to Barclay after helping Ms. Yulia clean up her cafe and he said that he found an unoccupied house for you...across the street from us that should work for you, and I stopped by a shop and got you some things to get you through the night until I can take you around tomorrow after you've gotten some rest."

Giving Chris and Anyka an understanding look she says, "I need to get them settled for tonight, but when I can come back we can talk if you need to...or just...whatever you need." Grunting a bit she gets up off the floor and picks up the bag they had gotten from Jin at the shop, "If you're ready, we can head over there now and get things set up for you."

Going to her family she lowers herself just a bit to hug Dran, and then a little more to hug Sara, "I'm sorry for losing your home and your friends, but at least we have each other and I've seen lots of kids around here...so I'm sure you'll make some new ones soon. I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner, but I'm very happy to see you guys." She says before going to her mama and Papa and hugging them both very tightly for a few minutes before stepping back from them again.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Looking up at him as they wait on their order she asks, "So, how were your classes today?"


"They were alright," Dillon says. "It was fairly easy today."


Sara rubs her eyes. "If Papa says we are okay here, then I'll be fine."

"We're going through this together," Dran says. "We still have our family and that's pretty good, huh?"


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She nods, "Well that's always a good thing. It was pretty fun wrapping packages and learning about the store and merchant business."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She smiles and gives them both another hug, "That's exactly right. You're turning into very smart young people. We will all get through this together." Giving her Papa a nod she asks them, "Well...ready to see your new home?"


Thrainn and Kealey nod. "Lead the way."


"Oh, that's good," Dillon says.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She takes them across the street to the house that Barclay told her about and hope that it's big enough for all of them, specifically that it can fit her Papa's large frame. Taking the key out of her pocket she unlocks the door and lets them in while she takes one of the lamps out of her bag and lights it as they go in, "It's not furnished, but we can take care of that easily enough tomorrow. We were shown around today so I know where to take you to find what you need."


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

After Gashka leaves to take their family to the new house she goes to Anyka and Chris, "Is there anything I can get for you? Do you want anything else to drink?"


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She nods, "He said that if I was interested in learning how to run a shop that he'd teach me everything he knows." She pauses for a moment, "Though he didn't understand why I would be interested in doing that when I'm so good at hunting. He said I could make more money selling the meat from my kills....but that's not why I do it and I want to be able to something besides killing animals to make a living. What I do for the town...I don't do that for money or praise, I do it for Godrick and the faith he had in me when I first came here....even though I was a bit difficult to handle at the time." She recalls, getting a somewhat far off look in her eyes.


"I think you'd be good at whatever you chose to do," Dillon says, taking Rajni's hand.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris shakes his head. "I'll be alright."


Thrainn smiles. "It's more than I expected. And maybe it won't be years before I see you again."

Kealey laughs. "We have missed you so much, Gashka. Even though our old lives are gone...we have our family complete here. I would have traded that for anything."

Dran nods. "Maybe Mama and Papa can start worrying less."

Sara rubs her eyes again and yawns.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Looking over at her younger sister she smiles, "I see a sleepy girl. I guess it's a good thing I already picked up some things for you tonight so you can get settled in pretty quick." As she starts to pull the stuff out of her bag she looks over at her brother, "I may still have to go away sometimes to help people, but I will always...always do my very best to come back home." She gets everything out of the bag which takes a good bit and helps her family set up the cots and put away the other things she got them.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She looks over at Anyka, she was sure the independent woman wouldn't ask for anything even if she wanted or needed something...but she just wanted to make sure that she knew she was there too just in case she needed anything.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

"Thank you love, that means a lot to me. I just think...I think I can do more than just hunt...I don't know. It's kind of fun to help people in different ways, and you meet the most interesting people working in the shop." She says, remembering all the people that had been in and out of there just that day.


As soon as a cot is ready, Sara climbs on one and falls asleep before she can pull the blanket over herself. Dran gets on a cot soon afterward. "I'm glad."

Thrainn pulls blankets over Dran and Sara before going back to the main room. "I suppose I should go around town tomorrow and see what sort of work I can get."

"In a town like this, probably anything you want," Kealey says. "Well, unless there's anything else, Gashka, we'll let you get back to your friends."


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

Eldan walks back into the house and settles on the shorter couch.


"It sounds like you really enjoy doing that," Dillon says as Hadrinn returns with the food and drinks. "Thank you, Hadrinn."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Taking the doll and the wooden painted horse she hands them to her mama, "I got these for them. I thought they might like them. I...I did have a couple of questions for you of my own." She pauses and takes a breath while sitting down in one of the folding chairs, "I don't know what all Anyka told you about where we've been and what we've been doing since leaving home...but we ran into this really old Orc guy living in a cave on this weird floating island and he said....well...he said a lot of things, but he said you guys were from some place called Gothos...well...a lot of people kept telling me that I looked like a Gothos orc...whatever that means...but he said...he said you were some kind of Gladiator and Mama was some princess and I just...he knew your names and stuff and I just...I need to know, did you guys have some kind of crazy life you never told me about? I mean...it's okay if you did...I just wanted to know why you wouldn't tell me about that if it was true...and then...I know it must have been hard for you, but why did you never tell me about Derika?"


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She nods, "I did have fun, and Mr. Halfpocket is super nice and he pays well." Looking up at Hadrinn she says, "Yeah...thank you. It looks good as always."


Thrainn raises an eyebrow. "Who? What? Gothos?"

"Me a princess?" Kealey asks, laughing but trying to stifle it so she doesn't wake Dran and Sara.

"I've never picked up a sword in my life," Thrainn says. "Maybe a knife to skin my kills...I...that's very strange."

Kealey takes a few deep breaths. "It sounds like you ran into someone who took one too many blows to the head, Gashka."

Thrainn becomes serious. "We didn't tell you about Derika is because we know how you are. You would have tried to search for her and...there aren't many people like Lucato. He's the only one like that I've ever met."

Kealey nods. "It wasn't something we could explain easily."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods as she tries to work through the confusion of everything, "Okay...yeah...see, that was my thought. About the whole crazy gladiator thing. I just don't understand how he knew who you were or who I was...unless it was just a really lucky guess." She shrugs, "I'm glad it's not true either, I gotta tell ya...for a bit there I thought I was going crazy. I didn't know what was real anymore with everything that was going on. It very well could have been the doing of the piper to try and throw us off again and distract us from what we were supposed to be doing." Her expression grows a little dark, "He was good at that..."

Shaking her head to try and clear it she lets out a deep breath, "I know you were right to not tell me about Derika too cuz you're exactly right and I would have gone to the ends of the earth to try and find a way to get to her....luckily, I didn't have to. I just...I wasn't sure what to think about it at first, but having you here and able to hear it from you...it helps. You can definitely tell she's one of us though." She pauses as if trying to remember something, "Oh, when I talked to Barclay he said he would be by tomorrow to check on you and see how you're doing. He'll probably ask about what kinds of things you can do and such like he did with us...but he would be good at helping you find a good job Papa. We went all over this town today and there's all sorts of stuff here. They even have a carpenter and he seems to stay super busy. I can take you all out for breakfast in the morning and then I can show you around and where to go to get the furniture that you'll need until you have time to make what you like. Oh...yeah...Ms. Yulia's cafe...due to an incident that occurred earlier she ended up with some holes in her wall and I told her that I'd talk to you and see if you can help her patch them up?" She asks while batting her eyelashes at him the way she used to do when she was younger.


Thrainn chuckles. "Sure, it shouldn't be a problem."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Standing up from the chair she puts her arms around her Papa first and then her Mama, "I'm so glad you're here now. I feel a little less crazy."


Kealey gives Gashka a squeeze. "I'm glad you're feeling better."

Thrainn smiles. "Same here."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She gets quiet for a moment, "So....so our family, Anyka, and Chris....that's really all that's left of home...right?"


Thrainn nods. "I'm sorry, Gashka."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods as a single tear falls down her cheek, "It's okay Papa...it's probably for the best, and I know everything happens for a reason. Things were just getting so confusing, and I was starting to feel like I was losing myself. I think the evil in that world needed to be destroyed. Even if we had been able to locate him....I'm not sure we could have really stopped him."

Wiping her eyes she gives them a trembling smile, "We have a chance at a fresh start and to do some real good here....so...so we'll be alright. I know Anyka and Chris are really hurting right now, but Derika and I will help them get through this, just like they got me through all thed craziness after we left home. I love you guys, lots. I'll see you in the morning and we'll take you guys out to the most awesome place to eat at in town that we've found so far. Okay?" She asks, her smile getting a bit less trembling as she considers just how fortunate they all are.


Thrainn hugs Gashka again. "Sounds good to me."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Returning the hug she holds him just a little tighter, and a little longer before finally letting him go. They were alive, they were here, and they never lied to her. What they kept from her they did for her own good, and was irrelevant now since they were all together again.

Stepping back she lets out a sigh and gives them a nod, "Okay, night then. See you in the morning." Going to her mama she gives her one more hug as well before heading back home.


"Love you," both of Gashka's parents say in unison. They look at each other and laugh softly.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Looking back over her shoulder at them as she opens the door she gives them a real Gashka smile, "Love you too." She then steps outside and shuts the door softly behind her. Taking a breath she closes her eyes a moment to give a quick silent prayer of thanks to whatever good God or Goddess might be listening, for bringing them safely to this place. Opening her eyes she walks across the street to their shared home.

Going inside she softly shuts the door behind her in case anyone was trying to sleep, and steps back into the kitchen.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

Eldan is asleep on the shorter couch when Gashka returns.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"Hey, Gashka," Chris says, upon the half-orc's return. "Where should I set up my lab?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She thinks for a moment while looking around, "Hmmmm....that's a very good question. Well, since all the bedrooms are occupied I guess it's gonna have to be here in the kitchen?"


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Having cleared the leftovers and dirty dishes off the table she stands at the sink with her love, "I think the table there is large enough to accommodate your needs. This living arrangement, isn't permanent so at some point you might have a whole room to use for your lab." She says partly out of agreement with her sister, and partly as observation on their spacial issues.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"I guess so," Chris answers. "Unless this place has a basement we don't know about."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

"Wanna go with me and check to see if there might be one? We didn't go through this place that thoroughly, and if there is one you can have that space for your work area." She gives him a wink, "Don't worry, if there are any rats...I won't let them bite your ankles." She says with a slight giggle, looking much more Gashka like than she had in a very long time.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Derika smiles while at the sink washing dishes with her love, but says nothing.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris smiles, despite how he was feeling. "Between you and Renard, I'm sure I'll be safe from rats."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She gives him a smirk and scratches the top of Renard's head behind his ears, before going to the living room to pull a torch out of their bag, along with what she needed to light it with. Standing back up she turns and shows it to Chris, "Just in case we need it. I hear basements can be dark."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris nods. "You probably heard right. Well, let's get to searching."

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Renard looks around too.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She looks towards Anyka, but nods. Anyka would talk with her when she was ready to talk. She more than likely needed some time to deal with her own feelings of loss and grief.

Going through the house with Chris, she looks for anything that might look like a basement or cellar door.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Her mind a little distracted by everything she had learned earlier, she just does her best to help Chris and Renard.

3,351 to 3,400 of 8,009 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Valwick Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.