The Valwick Chronicles

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

The tales of a town.


3,201 to 3,250 of 7,947 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She sighs, "The men a little....but I noticed that Eldan and my sister's friend....the one with the knives, didn't show back up....so if it did go bad and those guys really were up to no good....I'm sure they can handle it, especially Eldan. I'm more concerned about Gashka....she seems a little....high strung about...well, a lot of things actually. Do you think....do you think she could lose herself. I don't know about everything she's been through....but do you think she might actually be trying to throw herself into situations where she could get hurt....or worse?" She says as she tries to air out some of her worries.


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

"She definitely seems to be a bit out of control. I mean we lived where martial law was required for the safety of everyone as a matter of life and death, and even then, the soldiers didn't try to exert that level of....force on people without sufficient reason. I'm not saying that I trust those men, because I don't, but..... it's not the best start." Vishanti says after a bit of thought.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She shakes her head, "I know...and I probably didn't help, but when I was listening to her explain why she was so insistent...it kinda made sense. I don't know....I really don't know what I can do or say to help her though. She obviously has some...deep and troubling issues that she's dealing with, but without knowing exactly what happened to her, I don't know how to help her. I just....I don't want to lose her to something else. Am I making any sense at all?"


Before Gashka and Chris reach the cafe, a bright light appears behind them and Gashka hears a familiar voice: her father's. "Gashka!"


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris turns around to see an orc, a human female, two children and an older man standing in the street. "Do you know these people?"

Chris' hands go toward his weapon, waiting on Gashka's reply.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Gashka nearly jumps out of her skin before slowly turning around, afraid that if she moved too fast they would disappear. She stands there for just a second, her mind trying to wrap itself around what she was seeing. When they're still there, tears start forming in her eyes as she starts running towards her family. "Papa!!" She screams in her excitement at seeing her family. Reaching her Papa first she wraps her arms around the much larger of her parents before breaking down and crying into his chest.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"I think that's a 'yes'," Chris mutters, dropping his hands to the side.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thrainn wraps his arms around Gashka. "Yes, it's me."

Gashka feels him move. "Thank you, Lucato."

"You're welcome, Thrainn," a soft voice says. "I have repaid my debt to you."


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

"You are love, we'll figure something out." Vishanti says in response.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"I'll...uh...go check on Anyka and Eldan," Chris says, heading toward the cafe.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Trying to get herself under control she holds out a hand, "Chris...wait...please." Looking up at her papa she says, "I...I have to check...on our friends. Can...can you come with us and then we can talk? There's just...I have some...questions. You're really real right? You're all really here? This isn't a trick?"


"No, this is no trick," Thrainn says. "Is..."

The orc pauses. "Have you seen your sister? Not Sara...but...the other one?"

His question sounds pained.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris stops in his tracks and waits for Gashka and her family.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She gives her parents a curious look and then says, "Um...well, yeah. We sorta ended up in a place....that they were evacuating that had gotten messed up or something....and we came here together on a boat. Can we all just...just check out this one thing first? It's not far...and then I promise I'll take you to where we live."


Thrainn falls to his knees and cries, a rare sight for Gashka. "Kealey, Kealey, she's here."

Kealey puts her hand to her face and goes to Thrainn. "Lucato said we would see her again."

Thrainn composes himself and looks at Chris. "Who is this, Gashka?"


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris shakes a bit as the orc's gaze falls on him. "A...a...a...friend."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Taking a breath to try and compose herself, the shock of seeing her papa crying kind of snaps her back to reality. In a bit of a calmer voice she says, "Papa...mama...this is Chris. A really good friend that was really good at healing our injuries. We met him on our journey...."

Not wanting to get into a lot right at the moment and wanting to see how Anyka made out she holds out her hands to them, "Come on, I'm sure Anyka will be happy to see you too." She says as she catches up with Chris, giving him a more believable smile than he had seen from her recently.


Kealey takes Dran and Sara by the hand while Thrainn walks behind Gashka. The stranger, Lucato, follows behind everyone else. "Anyka is here too?"

"Whoever was near her, I brought," Lucato answers. "My abilities are still hit and miss."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She looks confused, but nods. "It's complicated...and a bit weird...and I have my own questions, but I really have to check on them now...there were some...complications in our situation early on. We just got here today...." She trails off as they arrive back at the cafe and she sees the mess. Looking up at her papa she says, "Just wait here a minute okay?" Stepping up to the door she pokes her head inside, "Uhhh...is everything okay now?" It was really good that being on a ship for so long kind of made her stomach a little stronger, otherwise she probably would have thrown up from what she saw.


Thrainn nods and lets Gashka and Chris go on ahead.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Once they get back to the house she kind of slumps down on the couch and seems to think for a moment before looking back up at her love, "Well...there's nothing I can do for Gashka right this moment...so you think I should put out some snacks or get some cold drinks when they get back? Do you think they'll be thirsty?" Her ideas seem to be stemming from a need to think about something else other than her sister's seemingly rapidly deteriorating mental and emotional stability.


Renard lays on the couch, having come back with Derika and Vishanti. His ears perk up when Derika mentions snacks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Smiling down at the fox she strokes his head, "Does that sound good pretty boy?" Getting up she looks at Vishanti, "He kinda reminds me of Corda's little black fox, but even cuter if possible. I didn't know foxes came in so many different colors." She says as she goes to thed kitchen. Pulling out some already roasted chicken that they got from the market she tears of some good sized pieces pieces and puts it in a bowl along with a little cheese and mixed it up. She adds a little cut up apple and banana to the bowl on top of the meat and cheese. Setting it down on the floor for him she gives him a bowl of water as well, "There you go boy." She saysx befored getting a platter together for when they got back with the chicken, cheese, bread, and some assorted raw vegetables and fruits.


Renard hops off the couch and drinks a bit of water before eating. His tail wags the entire time.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"Alright, let's get out of here before the fuzz comes back," Eldan says.


The group returns to the house without any incident. Thrainn looks around. "How many people are living here, Gashka?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She thinks for a moment, "Well...there's six of us right now, but that will change once another place opens up for us to spread out a little. Look...Derika doesn't know you, and I don't want to shock her, so casn you just give me a minute or so to prepare her for meeting all of you? I know you've waited a really long time to see her, I just want to try and mitigate some of the shock of suddenly seeing you."


"Her name is Derika?" Kealey asks. "That's close to your name."

Lucato shrugs. "I had nothing to do with it."

"Derika, eh?" Thrainn muses. "We've waited this long to see her, we can wait a few moments more."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"I better check on Renard," Chris says, slipping inside. Seeing the fox happily munching on chicken, fruit and cheese, the witch laughs. "Thank you for feeding him, Derika."


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"Maybe I ought to go somewhere else for a bit," Eldan says. "I don't want to be in the way."


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Derika sits down in a chair at the table and smiles down at the fox while getting some fruit and cheese on a smaller plate for her and Vishanti to snack on. She pours her love a glass of wine, while she enjoys a cold ale.

Nodding at him she says, "Sure, it wasn't a problem. So...was everything okay with those people?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

Vishanti smiles watching Reynard enjoy eating, as she sits beside her love on the couch. "Thank you my love." she says, sipping the wine and savoring the rich taste.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"Eh, not so much," Chris responds. "Things are handled now, though."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Looking at Eldan she says, "If it's too crowded right now I understand, but you're not in the way so please don't feel like you have to leave on our account. This is your home too." She says before going inside.

Going into the kitchen she sits down at the table and looks from Vishanti to Drrika, "Okay...I know I went a little crazy back there and I'm sorry, but everything about that situation we can discuss later. Right now I'm going to tell you something that might be hard for you to understand....but just know you'll get your questions answered because....our parents are here, they're outside, and they really want to meet you....along with our little brother and sister. I don't understand everything either, but I'm sure they're not going to leave us again. I didn't tell them about Vishanti, I thought I'd let you two explain about that. Is it okay if they come in, or would you rather go out there to them?" Her voice shakes in some places as she talks, the emotional toll everything was taking on her evident in almost every way imaginable.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She doesn't get a chance tuo respond to Chris and almost chokes on her ale as Gashka blurts out that the people that up until now she thought had discarded her were in fact right outside their door. Trying tho get her breath she puts the ale down before dropping it and looks up at her sister after looking at Vishanti with a 'What the hell' expression on her face. She shakes her head, "Wh...what did you just say?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Sorty...I gotta leave it there for now. Allergy medicine, brain too fuzzy make no sense. Needs the ice cream and sleep sleep.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"I just don't want to get trampled," Eldan says. "I'll be back later."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Sorry, that allergy pill kicked my ass. I had to make coffee this morning to get rid of thed groggyness I was still feeling. So, before she goes in.

Nodding at him she says, "Okay, see you later."

Back inside

Taking a steadying breath she says, "Our parents are outside and want to meet you. Is it okay if they come in?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She takes a moment to try and breath before finally looking up at her sister, "Okay, I mean...they came all this way right? The least I can do is meet them and find out why they abandoned me."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She sighs, she already knew this would be difficult. Nodding she gets up from her seat and goes back outside, "Okay, she's ready to meet you. I need to go back and help Ms. Yulia and that other fella clean up her cafe from what happened earlier. Just...I know you must have had your reasons for doing what you did, but she doesn't understand and she's hurting too. I love you and I'll be back." With that, she turns and heads back to the cafe to give her parents some time alone with Derika.


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

Vishanti feels the shock, confusion and anger washing off of Derika at the stunning revelation."Do you want me with you for this love? Just say the word."


Thrainn sighs. "I wanted to talk to both of them at once."

Kealey smiles. "Our Gashka follows her heart."

Dran yawns. "I'm tired and hungry, Father."

"We'll see to that after we meet our daughter," the ork answers, opening the door and letting everyone else go in before trying to fit his massive frame through the door.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She takes her hand and nods, "I don't think I can do this without you, nor would I want to. I love you, and I'm not going to hide it. We face this together." She says, getting up to greet her family. Going to the front room she stops. If she didn't have Vishanti's hand in hers she might have fallen. Were they really her parents? Was this really happening. Taking a breath she takes a step forward, "Uhhhh....hello. I'm Derika, welcome to our home. Would you like to come to the kitchen to talk? I had put out some food and I can get you something to drink." She says, remaining polite and hospitable since she really didn't know what to feel about the situation yet.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Gashka jogs back to the cafe. The exercise helping to clear some of the confusion and shock from her system.


The large orc seems ill at ease, unsure of what to say. The human woman smiles. "The kitchen will be fine. I'm Kealey, by the way...well..."

The older human sighs. "I'll explain everything. Let's go to the kitchen."


Gashka passes by Barclay and the other man she saw earlier as she reaches the cafe.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She nods and leads the way to the kitchen. As they get seated she starts getting cups and tankards down from the cabinet, "I'm sorry...I'm not trying to be deliberately standoffish, I'm just not sure what to feel exactly yet. Maybe I'll feel better after his explanation though." She seems very militaristic in her mannerisms, though her voice seems softer while trying to keep her feelings in check.
Looking in the cold box she says, "We have ale, wine, juice, milk, punch, and water. What can we get you to drink?" Looking at Vishanti she gives her a nervous smile, "Would you mind helping me get their drinks love?"


The orc finally speaks. "I'm not sure how to approach this either...it has been a long time since we last saw you."

"I'll have some wine," Kealey answers. "Thrainn should probably have an ale. Dran and Sara will be fine with juice."

"I'll take some water," the older man says. "Maybe two tankards. It's a bit of a story I have to tell."


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

"Of course love." Vishanti says with a reassuring smile, squeezing Derrika's hand before she goes about getting drinks for everyone.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Derika helps Vishanti with the drinks after returning the squeeze and giving her a grateful smile. Getting the largest tankard she can find she fills it with ale for the incredibly large and muscular Orc, while filling a glass with wine for Kealey. Getting her own tankard she refills it with ale since she spilled some of hers. She puts on a kettle for some tea as Vishanti finishes getting the rest of the drinks and takes a cup of it to the older human male along with the two tankards of water that Vishanti gave him.

Taking him the tea she says, "You look like someone that likes tea and I thought...well, I just thought you might like something besides water. How do you take it?" Once he tells her she gets some plates down and sets them on the table in front of their guests before sitting down herself, "Please help yourself to whatever you want. We have plenty." She says before getting some food herself and settling down into her seat to see what they had to say. They looked happy to see her, so she couldn't reasonably believe that they had wanted to get rid of her. She just didn't know them and would probably need time to get used to them being her family.

3,201 to 3,250 of 7,947 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Valwick Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.