The Valwick Chronicles

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

The tales of a town.


3,101 to 3,150 of 7,948 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Barclay cocks his head. "Dark leather armor and black cloaks don't necessarily mean someone's suspicious. But I'll send Luth to check in on Drago, if that'll make you feel better."


Elena shakes her head. "No, I'll be okay."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She shrugs, "It doesn't mean they aren't either. I know this is not where we came from....but some things don't change. People in dark clothing that suddenly show up out of nowhere looking for someone...that just doesn't seem non threatening to me. We need to check where he lives and anywhere else he might be. Do you know where he likes to go or hang out if he's not at home on the off chance that they found him and he's in some kind of trouble?" She takes a breath as she sees the others approaching, "Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? I know I got sick and tired of showing up too late to help people....my gut instincts are hardly ever wrong, that's why I don't ignore them." She says, trying to explain why she feels so strongly about the situation.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She nods, "Okay."


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Derika comes up next to her sister and puts Renard down so he can go over to Chris, the others just a little behind her. Looking at Gashka's frustrated expression she asks, "What's going on? Anyka said that you think someone might be in trouble?"


"His child's mother runs a cafe on the other side of town," Barclay says. "Other than that, I don't know much about his habits. You can check the cafe and I'll send Luth and a couple of paladins to his house. That sound reasonable?"


Juhi simply stands by Asha as the adults talk.

"Oh, a child! You must feel blessed!" Ranjeet exclaims. "But let's do this indoors. I have my own shop and home at the marketplace."

"Need some help with all of your supplies?" Priya asks.

"Please," Ranjeet replies.

Asha and Priya each grab a chest. "We can make a couple of trips. Elena should probably sit down."


"I'll be fine, Mother."


"Hush, Elena, you're looking worn out," Asha says. "We can handle this."

Ranjeet smiles and picks up a chest, leading the way to his new shop.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Rajni picks something up and follows them.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Feeling relieved she nods, "Yes Sir, that sounds good. If he's not home just haved them meet us at the cafe. Thank you...oh, how do we get to this cafe?"


"Go back out to the road, follow it past the temple and the building past Halfpocket's is the cafe," Barclay explains.


After three trips, everyone gets Ranjeet's belongings in his modest home/shop. Ranjeet then makes a pot of tea for everyone and prepares some small sandwiches. "Thank you so much for all your help."

"So when do you plan to open the store, Ranjeet?" Asha asks.

"Perhaps in a day or two," Ranjeet says. "I just have bolts of cloth and mannequins that need assembling right now."

Asha nods in understanding. "If you need any help, let me know."

"Oh, from what you told me, you're so busy," Ranjeet says. "Don't worry about it."


Elena nibbles on a sandwich and sips on her tea.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"So they are all your daughters, Asha?" Ranjeet asks, looking at the different young women.

Asha nods. "All of them."

Ranjeet smiles. "You are a wonderful mother, Asha."

His smile falters. "Unlike mine."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods, "Got it." Looking at the others for a brief moment she says, "We have no idea what kind of situation we might find when we get there so be on guard. Anyka, when we get there I'm counting on you to get us in, in case it's locked. Keep an eye out for trouble too. I don't know what those goons are up to...but I don't like it. I want a two man column formation. Anyka and I in the front, Chris and Eldan in the middle, and Vishanti and Derika will head up the rear. Alright, let's move out, double time and watch each others backs." She says, taking every precaution since they didn't really know what they might be up against. Turning about face she sets off at a brisk jog towards the aforementioned cafe.

As they get close to their destination she tries to keep an eye out for trouble as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Rajni looks up at him as she breaks a sandwich in half and gives part of it to Shamara who seems to swallow it whole. Noting the difference in his tone and facial expression she asks, "What's wrong cousin Ranjeet? If you don't want to talk about it though...that's okay. Sometimes it helps to unburden the spirit though." Sighing somewhat she kind of shrugs, "My father was a demon lord...." She admits as she looks up at them. Wondering now if that was something she had ever confessed to her new mama and auntie before. "He wasn't a real great guy either, but that's okay because I survived and I have a wonderful family now that loves me and accepts me for who I am, and we're your family too now cousin Ranjeet. We're so glad that you could come, the people in this town have been working mama to death with all their weddings and stuff. There are some that can't seem to go a week without needing new clothes, it will be nice having more family to help share the burden." Looking at her mama apologetically she says, "I'm sorry...I hope I wasn't out of line but I'm glad you have help mama. I feel like we don't get to see you or auntie Priya very much these days, you're always in the shop." She says, trying not to sound too pouty.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Derkia was a little shocked at how quickly Gashka took control of the situation. She was barking out orders like she had a military training....considering everything she had been through from what she told them, it was understandable. She smirks a bit at her sister's take charge attitude, she would have made a great soldier....if the people she had been working for hadn't been such jerks. Nodding her head she gives Gashka a little salute, "Ma'am, Yes Ma'am!" She says before getting into formation with Vishanti and keeping a watchful eye out on their rear in case someone tried to surprise them from behind.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


"My mother didn't approve of me becoming a tailor, she said it was a job for women," Ranjeet answers. "Many unpleasant things followed that, but I'd rather not get into it since we are together as a family and it should be a happy time."

Asha smiles at Rajni. "I know you are concerned about my well-being, Rajni."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris follows behind Gashka, wondering what would happen next. Not even a day into their arrival and they were getting involved in who knew what.


Gashka spots three men, dressed similarly to the ones she saw at the marketplace, standing outside of the cafe.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"Is that them?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods, "Yup...that's them alright. Looks like they're standing guard for whatever is going on inside of there. We have to try and either dispatch them quickly, or assess why they're here and if they need to be dispatched. We should probably go with option two since we don't know the situation." Looking at Chris she says, "If they turn out to be hostiles and we need to get inside fast, just blow a hole in that door. We can replace a door, not so much people."


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Going to her mama she gives her a hug, "Of course I am. You're the only mother I have, so I have to look out for you."


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

"Would you like for me to approach them and assess the situation? We can determine what needs to be done from there."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She looks at the others, "What do you think, should we just approach and ask them what they're doing here?"


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Looking at them she says, "I think we should ask them who they are, and what their business is here first before we go in with swords drawn, and spells a blazin'. I wouldn't want to start a fight unless we have no other choice. Let's just go see what they have to say for themselves."

With the others behind her she strides up to the three men, "Oy...you there. What do you think you're doing hanging around here? Who are you, and what business do you have here?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She just shakes her head and sighs as they follow her, "Oh brother..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"Stabbing them might have been less painful..."


One of the men looks at Derika and shakes his head. "We're having a meeting."


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She puts one hand on her hip while her other holds her warhammer at the ready, "Oh really, and was this little "meeting" approved by Barclay? Any business you or your...."associates" have with any citizen of this town goes through Barclay. You do not simply walk into Valwick and do as you please. What kind of meeting requires guards anyways? I really don't think so. Now...we can solve this one of two ways. You can take your little lackeys and go through the proper channels to conduct a meeting in this town, or we can kick your sorry butts out of it. Do we have an understanding?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

While Derika is keeping them distracted, she moves over to one of the side windows to look inside.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


"And who're you?" the man asks. "People can't gather and talk as they want? Or is it just half-orcs that get that right?"

Gashka doesn't see much besides a few more men inside talking. One is dressed differently.

They aren't stupid enough to put a bound woman in plain sight.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Damn it.

She goes to Derika, "There are a few more inside and one is dressed differently." Looking at the man she gets a dangerous look in her eyes, "No...as a matter of fact we are not the only ones with that right, we are here to make sure the people of this town are safe from all threats. Right now...I'm thinking since you didn't go through the proper channels for this meeting that you won't have a problem with us continuing our investigation. If you're just talking and there's nothing really....seedy going on, then you won't have a problem with us searching premises. You can gather, just not without the head paladin of this town knowing who you are and what your business is here. You never answered the lady's question, who are you? See....I have just a little bit less patience than my counterpart there. I tend to deal with the problem first, and ask questions later. As a favor to my sister, I'm asking first, but I won't repeat myself, so best be answering our questions right now." She finishes in a low grow.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

Remaining silent, Vishanti brings a spell to the tip of her tongue, ready to unleash her magic at the first hostile action.

Readied action to cast Rainbow pattern on them the second hostilities start


Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)

In the exchange Anyka practically vanishes from sight among the others, her unnatural stillness rendering her unnoticeable.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


The man folds his arms. "You're awfully nosy for townsfolk. I don't have the right to give you permission to search so perhaps you ought to look elsewhere. And if you're going to stand around browbeating me and my fellows, I ought to report you to the authorities. Speaking of which, here come some now."

Luth and two other paladins come walking up and the man moves to engage them. "These six here are interrogating us for no reason. We're just standing around and talking. Is that now a crime?"

Luth looks at Gashka. "We didn't find Drago at home, but what are you doing? You can't just clear people off the street without a good reason. Remember, we're the ones who can do that."

The man smirks at Gashka. "Thank you, sir, but we'll be on our way. Your townsfolk could use a good lesson in manners."

The three men walk past the group and up the road.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"I didn't do anything..."


Luth shakes his head and looks in the window. "Well, Drago's there, talking to one of their friends. It doesn't look like anything suspicious to me."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She looks at him and frowns, "I'm telling you those pieces of $hit are up to no good. Strange men show up out of nowhere and don't make their presence known to Barclay when everyone else has to go through that process and looking for someone specific does not sit well with me. I don't believe the ones in there talking to that Drago fellow are up to any good either. If someone wanted to meet up with someone in this town, they should go through Barclay and make their intentions known just like everyone else. I'm not in the habit of waiting till bodies start piling up to do something about it, would you?" She asks, not bothered in the slightest by the exchange. Looking around for Anyka and not seeing her there she says, "I know you're out here somewhere Anyka. Can you get that door open? I want to know what they're up to."


Luth sighs. "We can't just interrogate everyone that comes along and there are towns north of here. If they came from the north, we don't have any reason to stop them because they are dressed differently and, without just cause, we can't drive them away. We don't keep lists of people, that's just unethical. I suggest you go home, your journey must have been stressful."


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She sighs and shrugs her shoulders, "Okay fine, when his body comes up missing, or shows up dead somewhere, don't say we didn't warn you. How about the mother of his child? Where is she? If this is her Cafe and he's in there talking to those strange men that didn't bother telling anyone they were here....then where is she?"


"I am not an all-seeing wizard," Luth says, his frustration beginning to boil over. "I don't know where she is. Please...just go home before I have to have you escorted there."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Gashka growls low in her throat, "Fine...don't listen to us. When people start going missing or showing up dead, their blood will be on YOUR hands." She says before turning away, "Fu<k this $hit. Let them all get killed, I don't care anymore." She says as she starts to walk away, "Come on Chris, let's see if that place is open so we can get your supplies. This whole town can burn to the ground and they probably wouldn't want to investigate until it was ash."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Sorry Drago, guess you and yulia and your baby are dead meat.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris shakes his head. "I'll go by myself..."

He turns and heads back to the apothecary.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Derika looks up at Vishanti questioningly, "Come on Love, let's go. It's obvious they don't want our help." She says taking her hand.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She shakes her head, "Until those jerks are out of this town, none of us will be walking around alone. I still don't trust them and I don't buy their bull$hit story about a meeting either, so...until either we know what they're on about or they're out of this town, we stick together." She says falling in step with Chris.


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

Gashka's going to get herself arrested for stalking and harassment.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Only until the bodies start piling up and I'm totally vindicated.

3,101 to 3,150 of 7,948 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Valwick Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.