The Valwick Chronicles

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

The tales of a town.


3,051 to 3,100 of 7,947 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

"Are we going now?" She says as she grabs a glass and chugs down some water, still trying to dilute the sugar in her system.


"Juhi went to use the restroom, so when she gets back we'll get going," Elena answers.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She nods, "Okay, I think I need some more water anyways. I didn't drink much while working. I didn't want to risk spilling it on the wrapping paper I was using, or the packages."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"You've got a big heart and you're attractive, Gashka. What's not to like? A woman with spirit is more intoxicating than someone who just gives in," Chris says with a warm laugh before recalling the dark elf.

"Tehanna..." Chris mutters. "She and I were both lonely...we rushed into things and I was basically a replacement for Nox. A poor one, at that. There...was no real connection between us, you know? It was...convenient."

The witch stops and looks up at the sky. "I wouldn't have made her happy. Her heart was stuck in the past and I know that. And she...she was somebody who looked past my being a witch. I just felt like an outsider with all of you...like I never belonged. So...some acceptance, even if it was bad, made it easier."

Chris faces Gashka and smiles. "So, I'm happy that I get a chance here and this world doesn't seem to mind witches as much. I want to take my time to get used to this new life, so there's no rush on you and me. I just wanted...to get those feelings out there. I've been holding onto that for a while. It feels good to get that off my chest."


Elena grins. "You had too much chocolate, huh?"


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She holds her thumb and forefinger apart about half an inch, "Maybe just a bit." She replies to her sister with a smile that turns into a brief moment of hysterical laughter.


Elena simply shakes her head.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She releases Chris from the hug since he didn't seem to know how to react to it. It was okay, they both needed time to find themselves again. She really didn't know how she felt about him, beyond her feelings of friendship. They were in a completely different world now, who knew what would happen. After taking some time to find themselves, one or both of them could develop feelings for someone else. There seemed to be a lot of people in this town and Chris might find someone that truly captures his heart. She didn't want him to choose her simply because she was familiar or comfortable to be around.

Blushing a little darkly she looks around as they stand in the middle of the street, "Oh Chris....I guess I just never saw myself that way before. I'm too busy seeing my shortcomings and failures to notice those things I guess."

Taking her hand off his arm she looks up for a moment as well, "While it's true that I miss Tickle and our other friends...our families...I just want to make sure you understand that I would never be with you out of loneliness. If we actually become a couple, it will be because you are an amazing person and you captured my heart in a way no other could. I will not do it because you are familiar or comfortable though. Those are not good enough reasons for two people to be together. Truly though, I never thought of you as an outsider. To me...you were always one of us."

She looks back at him with a smile on her face, "Being a witch does not define you. It's just a very very small part of who you are. I don't look at you and see Chris the witch....I see Chris, just Chris. My friend and the one that was always there for me, aside from Anyka, when I needed someone to talk to. You are worth so much more as a person than you think you are. You just need to see it and believe it to."

Reaching out she takes his hand, "This is a whole new world and this town seems filled with really nice people. Who knows what might happen. You might meet someone here that captures your heart in ways that mine can't. I agree....we haved time, I just don't want you to think of me as your only option or someone that you can just fall back on. I don't want you to close yourself off to the idea that there might be someone in this world that you find even more spirited than me. Just....don't let me be the reason that you ignore a chance at true happiness." Her face has a trembling smile on it as she hopes he can understand that she's not turning him down, she just doesn't want him to get it in his head that she's his only option because there might be someone out there even better for him.....or both of them. Hells....she didn't know, she just didn't want to make another mistake like she did with Tikkle and bed with him because he was familiar and comfortable to her, and she didn't want to ruin their friendship by complicating it that way.

Giving his hand a light squeeze she says, "Is that okay? I just don't want either of us rushing into something andc getting hurt, and I don't wantg it to ruin the friendship that we have. If I develop stronger feelings for you and our relationship goes to the next level....then great, but if you find someone else while we're finding ourselves....that's okay too. I'll be happy either way....I just want you to be happy. You deserve to have someone that absolutely loves you for everything that you are. Does all that make sense?" She asks, still feeling a bit like she's talking in circles.


Female Kitsune Unchained Summoner/ 11 Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +10

Even though the breeze is a little chilly outside, Jin doesn't seem to notice as she takes her time with the piece, letting the notes flow out of her and onto the early evening breeze.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris returns the squeeze before turning it into a light embrace. "Yes, I agree that we need time and the future isn't written for us. But I'm not going to go out of my way to try and find someone to complete the other half of my heart. It'll happen when it happens, for me and for you."

He lets go of Gashka. "I don't know how I'm feeling right now anyway. We better get these ingredients before Anyka thinks something happened to us."


Chris and Gashka reaches the apothecary as two men in dark leather armor and black hooded cloaks exit, barely paying them any attention.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Not getting a good feeling from the pair her expression turns serious, "Chris...keep an eye on where they go." She says before rushing into the shop, "Ryota....are you here? Are you alright?" She calls out as she enters.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris nods.


The young man at the counter nods. "I am here and I am fine. What seems to be the trouble?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

"Did you see those men that just left out of here? The suspicious looking ones in dark leather and black cloaks? Do you know them? Let's just say from past experience I have a bad feeling about them." She quickly introduces herself and explains why they're there. The short version.


Ryota shakes his head. "No, I have never met them before in my life. They were looking for someone named Drago. I have no idea who that is. He might be one of the heroes of the town but I don't keep up with that kind of news."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods, "Give me a second."

Going outside she goes to Chris, "Which way did they go? They were looking for someone in the town and I don't get a good feeling about it."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"It looks like they were headed to the other side of town," Chris answers.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She nods and touches the tattoo on her arm, "Anyka, we might have a situation. Get everyone together and meet us at Barclay's place, where we met him before. There are some men dressed in dark leather armor and black cloaks and they're looking for some guy named Drago. Chris watched where they went and they are headed to the other side of town from the apothecary. I'm not sure what it's about, how many of them there are in total, or their abilities....but I don't get a good feeling about it. If something is going down we need to help stop it." She relays before turning back to Chris, "We might have to get the supplies later." Sticking her head in the door she says, "Sorry...we'll have to come back later." Turning back to Chris she says, "Let's go." Before setting off at a near run towards the Paladin's home.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris runs after Gashka. <"Renard, bring everyone to the paladin's place.">


Renard starts yipping and scratching at the door.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

Eldan yawns. "What is it? Need outside?"

He goes over and opens the door.


Renard continues yipping and running circles around Eldan.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"The door's open," Eldan says, pointing outside.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Hearing the noise she comes out of the kitchen, "What's wrong?"


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"Chris' fox is yipping and running around," Eldan says. "I thought he wanted to go outside, but that's not it apparently."


Renard tugs on the leg of Derika's pants and pulls towards the door.


Elena Mehul wrote:
Elena simply shakes her head.

"Would you like me to come along beloved, or I can stay here and make ssome tea for when you all return." Kama asks, smiling at Rajni's animation.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Looking down at the little fox she gets a concerned expression on her face, "I've never seen him like this before. I know he's connected to Chris...do you think something might be wrong with him?" She asks as she picks up the little fox and strokes his fur while trying to calm him down, "It's okay, you don't have to drag me. What's wrong? What's happened to Chris?" She asks before putting him back down to see what he does.

I know...very Lassie moment there. Lol


"Oh, please come along, love," Elena says, taking Kama's hand. "I'm sure he'd like to meet all of the family."


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

I'll post in a few minutes when I'm on the way home.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

I have a feeling that things are about to get interesting in Valwick Sis. We need a Bok signal. Lol


Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)

Grabbing up her cloak as she checks her vast array of concealed blades, Anyka turns to the others. "Possible trouble. Gashka says some dangerous looking types are hunting someone in town. She and Chris'll meet us at Barclay's office."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

"He's his familiar. They most likely have a mental link that connects them over great distances." Vishanti says as she follows Derika from the kitchen. For a brief moment she gives Anyka a curious look, trying to fathom how she was in communication with Gashka when neither of them indicated any sign of magical proficiency.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

Eldan gathers his gear. "Then let's get going."


Juhi walks into the kitchen with Priya right behind her. "We're ready, Mama."

Asha smiles. "Then let's not keep Ranjeet waiting."


Alright then." Kāma says kissing the back of Elena's hand and smiling.


Elena stands up and wraps an arm around Kama. "You better stay close to me in case I feel unsteady. I haven't taken a walk this long in a few days."


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

Looking a bit alarmed and confused at the way some seemed to communicate she just nods her head, "Well...I'm glad I hadn't changed out of my gear yet. If they say there's trouble we better start moving on the double." She says while grabbing her weapons on the way out. Securing her greataxe to her back, she picks up Renard and carries him in one arm while holding her warhammer in her other hand and heads to the main Paladin's office at a quick pace.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Rajni pats Shamara's head, "Don't worry Sis, no one will let you fall."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Seeing his place in sight she only slows down long enough to not go crashing into the door. While knocking she takes the time to try and get a few deep breaths in before someone comes to the door. She needed to keep her wits about her and she needed to be able to breath so she could tell him what they saw and who the two were looking for.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Ever." Kāma adds, her arm around Elena's waist.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She smiles and nods, "Awe....I just love you guys." She says as they walk.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Asha and her family reach the docks, where they find a handsome middle aged man standing around a pile of chests. He waves at Asha. "I almost didn't recognize you, cousin."

Asha smiles. "And you're looking as handsome as ever, Ranjeet. Life appears to have been treating you well."

"Good enough, I suppose," Ranjeet answers with a smile. "Hello, Priya. Been staying out of trouble?"

"I stay out of trouble, it is trouble's fault for finding me," Priya answers.

"And who are these lovely young ladies, Asha?" Ranjeet asks.

"These are my daughters: Elena, Juhi and Rajni," Asha replies. "And this is Elena's fiancee, Kama."

"Oh, Elena, it has been forever," Ranjeet says, giving each woman a polite bow. "I didn't recognize you at all. I apologize."


"It's alright, cousin Ranjeet," Elena says. "It has been a long time."

She lets out a couple of labored breaths.


Barclay opens the door and notices Gashka's expression. "What's wrong?"


"Are you alright?" Ranjeet asks.


"Yes, just pregnant."


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Rajni wasn't sure what she should say but when she sees Elena having trouble breathing she steps quickly to her side, "Are you alright? Do you need a place to sit down for a minute?" She asks while Kama helps support her sister.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

"We were heading over to the apothecary to pick up what Chris needs to make his potions and there were two men coming out wearing dark leather armor and black cloaks. I didn't get a good feeling from them so I went in and Ryota said they were looking for Drago....and I don't think it's for anything good. I might be wrong...but I thought I should tell you. They seemed creepy to me...." She says in between quick breaths.

3,051 to 3,100 of 7,947 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Valwick Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.