The Valwick Chronicles

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

The tales of a town.


3,001 to 3,050 of 7,948 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

Female Kitsune Unchained Summoner/ 11 Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +10

Caught off guard a bit by the hug she just stands there for a moment, a soft pink coming to her cheeks. It wasn't like she'd never been hugged before, it was just....unexpected. She stammers for a second before nodding, "Yeah...okay. I...I'm glad we got to hang out for a bit today. I uh...okay, so tomorrow then." She says as she tries to pull herself back together.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Summoner (Unchained) 10; HP: 81/81; AC: 14, T: 10; FF: 14; Fort: +4, Ref: +3, Will: +9 (+2 vs Emotion spells and effects); Init: +0; Perception: +9

"Today made me happy," Laenid says, opening the door for Jin and Hitome. "I hope you have a wonderful rest of the evening."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kitsune Unchained Summoner/ 11 Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +10

She smiles, "Yeah...me too. You enjoy the rest of your evening as well, as well as the peace and quiet." She says with a bit of a smirk.


Human Summoner (Unchained) 10; HP: 81/81; AC: 14, T: 10; FF: 14; Fort: +4, Ref: +3, Will: +9 (+2 vs Emotion spells and effects); Init: +0; Perception: +9

Laenid laughs. "Yeah, I'll get plenty of that here."


Female Kitsune Unchained Summoner/ 11 Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +10

Stepping outside with Hitome she says, "Goodnight Laenid." She says before turning and leaving.

As they walk away from Laenid's house she gets a smile on her face and thinks about maybe walking on the beach for a little bit before heading back to the house. Looking over at Hitome she asks, "Feel like going for a walk before we head home, or are you tired now? I was thinking about maybe going for a walk on the beach and relaxing while playing my flute for a bit. I don't think I could eat again right away...but if you're tired we can head back. I can always sit out in the back of the house and play."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris puts ten gold on the table. "Alright. Let's get going."

He waits for the others before heading out the door.


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

Eldan gets up with a groan and follows after Chris.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Gashka nods and gets up to follow them after Anyka does the same, her mind clearly on other things.


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She nods as well, "I'm a little excited to see what the place looks like with the furniture in it." She remarks as she stands and holds her hand out to help up her beloved. Putting an arm around Vishanti's waist, they follow the others out and back to the house.


Female Aasimar Paladin (Enlightened) 11

"I'm up for a walk. I like hearing you play," Hitome replies, understanding that Jin often expressed her emotions through her music.


Female Kitsune Unchained Summoner/ 11 Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +10

She nods and blushes slightly, "Thanks...I'm glad you like it. It helps me to center myself and think more clearly sometimes." She says as they head to the beach together.


Female Human Shaman (Heaven spirit/ Life Spirit) HP:46/46 /46; AC: 14, FF: 12, T: 12; F: +2, R: +4, W: +10; Init: +2; Perception: +4

Leaning into Derika as they stroll back,Vishanti hums quietly.


Luth comes out of the house as the group approaches. "Right on time, we just finished up."

A few paladins file out of the house and give polite nods to the party before heading off. "I guess I'll tell Barclay that you'll start in the morning. Sound good?"


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"Sure, that'll give me time to put some stuff together," Chris says.


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Gashka looks from Chris to Luth, "If Chris says it's enough time to do what he needs to do, then that's good enough for me. We'll get started on it after breakfast."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She nods, "Sounds good to me as well." She says, giving Vishanti's waist a slightly excited squeeze.


Asha walks into the kitchen. "Elena, my cousin, Ranjeet, has come in on the boat. Would you like to go see him?"


Elena smiles. "Yes. It's been years since I've seen cousin Ranjeet."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"Luth, is there a place where I can buy alchemical supplies?" Chris asks the paladin.


Luth nods. "There's a young man at the marketplace. His name's Ryota. He runs the apothecary down there."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"Thanks," Chris says. "Hey, Gashka, do you want to walk down there with me?"


<"You're not going to start something embarrassing, are you?"> Renard asks, telepathically.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

<"Probably not, but can you keep Anyka company?">


<"Fine, I like the way she scratches me anyway,"> Renard answers, going over to the rogue and rubbing against her legs.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Leaving Halfpocket's shop she heads to Hadrinn's restaurant. Going inside she looks for the only other man besides Godricvk that she considered to be close to a father figure to her. He butchered her kills for her, made her a really great sled that he decorated himself, he cared about her safety....those were all things that a father did right? Seeing him in the busy restaurant, she gets his attention and lets him know she'll wait for him at the counter.


Hadrinn takes care of a couple of patrons before he walks up to Rajni. "So, which one did they like?"


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

Looking up at him, her eyes seem to lack their usual spark. Giving him a small smile she nods, "Sure, it would probably be a good idea for me to know where this place is as well, in case you need me to run back for more supplies sometime." She says while trying not to sound as stressed out and depressed as she felt. This trip to the mines might help her work out some of her more....negative emotions.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She gives him a smile, her body still shaking slightly from the sugar rush of earlier. "They were all good in their own way, but the mint chocolate was our favorite. It was perfect."


Hadrinn smiles. "Alright. A mint chocolate cake it will be. When was the wedding again?"


Male Reincarnated Kobold Fighter 11 HP: 79/82; AC: 25, T: 17, FF: 19; Fort: +9, Ref: +11, Will +6 (+3 vs. fear), Perception: +2, Initiative: +7

"I'm going to go lay down for a bit," Eldan says. "Food and travel wears me out."


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"We'll be back in a while," Chris says to the others.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

"It's on the twelfth of this month, so...like four days from now? Is that okay?"


Hadrinn nods. "I'll have everything ready."


Female Half-Orc Bloodrager 7 HP: 84/84; AC: 17,T: 10, FF: 16; Fort: +9, Ref: +4, Will: +4; Init: +0; Perception: +10

She gives Eldan a nod, "That sounds like a good idea. I guess we'll go take a look at the kitchen and familiarize myself with it. That meal was really good, so it's gonna be a little while before I can lay down." Looking at her sister and Chris she gives them a smile, "Okay, just be careful. Would you mind checking on Dau at Lighthouse Island while you're out? I just wanna make sure she settled in alright."


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Not caring about thed flour he had on him she gives him a hug, "Thanks, you're the best and I know the cake is going to be amazing. I'll see you later, I gotta get home. Have a good day Hadrinn." She says before letting go and heading home. Everything was going so well she didn't even notice that she was practically skipping back to her house.


Female Human (1/2 Minkai) Rogue 7 (Knifemaster)

Anyka looks down at Reynard and smiles, bending to scratch him behind the ears, and grinning at his expression of enjoyment. "Heh... Okay. I was gonna go sit on the couch with a cup of tea. Come on."


Renard follows after Anyka as Chris and Gashka leave.


Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris waits until they are some distance away from the others before he starts talking. "Are you alright? I mean really alright."


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She kind of sighs as they walk along together, her head looking down at the ground. Shrugging her shoulders slightly she says, "To tell you the truth....I really don't know."


Rajni arrives back at the house as Asha and Elena are talking.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

"I've just noticed that you've been a little...down," Chris says. "I know it's not much but you've still got me and Anyka. You..."

Chris pauses for a second. "You stood up for me when we first met. I don't think I can ever tell you how much that meant to me. So...if I can ever help you feel better then...I'm here for you, okay?"

Chris glances at the half-orc. "You're my friend, Gashka. The truest one I've ever had. And..."

The witch falls silent and looks around their new home as they walk.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She seems a little surprised and looks up at him, the expression on her face one of curiosity. "I'm glad we were able to be there for you. I usually have pretty good instincts about people....at least I thought I did...I'm not much sure of anything anymore, including myself. To me you just looked like someone that needed a chance and you certainly weren't dangerous since you didn't even remember what had happened to you." She pauses and takes a breath, "I try to give others the benefit of the doubt and help people where I can...but I don't think I've even been doing a very good job of that lately, and I don't know why...but I think I've been taking a lot of my feelings out on Derika. I'm sorry...I keep getting off track...but I've just had so much stuff swirling around in my head and it just keeps going around and around and nothing makes any sense...I'm doing the best that I can, but I feel like I'm losing myself." She says as she unburdens herself a little to him.

Giving him a small smile she says, "If you were a bad guy, I would have felt it. I just did what I felt was right. I'm sorry if some of the guys gave you such a hard time at first....especially Tickle." She says a little more softly, "I think in the end he respected you for your abilities...even if he wasn't good at saying it. He wasn't good at saying a lot of things." She kind of shrugs again, "I guess none of that really matters anymore though. Don't sell yourself short though, I don't like it when you put yourself down. You're pretty amazing with all your potion stuff, and you and Anyka....you guys mean a lot to me so I don't consider your company a "little" or "not much" kind of thing. Ugh...am I making any sense at all or just talking in circles?" She says as she leaves his last statement alone for the moment. She wasn't sure what he was trying to get at, but she considered him a really good friend too. She didn't want to force words out of his mouth so she decided to give him a moment to try and figure out what it was he was trying to say. She felt like she had already prattled on forever as it was.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

Going inside she says, "Hey...did I miss a meeting? Oh...I stopped by Hadrinn's on the way home and told him that you liked the chocolate mint cake the best, he said that it won't be a problem. Now that he knows which one you liked, it'll probably be even better than the sample." She says while thinking out loud.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Witch 7 HP: 31/31; AC: 14(18), T: 11, FF: 10; Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +6; Initiative: +1, Perception: +3

Chris rubs his forehead. "Well, it's a lot to take in...having family you didn't know about, but I can see that you care about her and she...she cares about you too. It's not important that you 'get along' right away. It's something you have to grow into..."

Chris looks away for a moment. "I have to confess something but I just want you to promise that we'll still be friends afterward. It really doesn't change much...but when I first met you, you made my heart skip a beat...and I've had feelings for you for a while. I don't know if it was just having someone be nice to me for a change or what it really is, but it's still there...kinda. Just when Tikkle started paying more attention to you...well, I didn't really have a chance, did I?"

The witch chuckles for a moment. "Like I said, you're my friend and that's what I feel first in my heart. There's...just something more...And I'm okay with ignoring that because you've been through a lot...but I'm here...if you ever...want to move on..."

Chris lets out a combination of a laugh and a sigh. "Just ignore me. I'm being stupid right now..."


Elena smiles. "I'm sure he'll outdo himself. No, there's no meeting. Mother and I were about to head down to the docks. Cousin Ranjeet came in to town today. He's a tailor like Mother and he plans to help lighten the workload around here."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kitsune Unchained Summoner/ 11 Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +10

Once they get to the beach she walks a little ways until she finds a sizable piece of driftwood to sit on. Taking her shakuhachi flute out of her bag, she takes a piece of cloth and cleans it thoroughly before bringing it to her lips. She plays slowly and with a sense of calm as she closes her eyes and shuts out everything else except for the sound of the music and the waves. Her music seeming to describe the ebb and flow of the ocean.

Perform Music: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

The music is seemed meant to bring about a feeling of serenity and helps the listener to center themselves and put aside all problems and stresses. It brings about a feeling of serenity within the one listening to it. The piece is haunting beautiful and soothing at the same time, giving those who listen a feeling of wellness of body and spirit.

Shizukesa or "Serenity"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kitsune Unchained Summoner/ 11 Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +10

Henry had to help me with the link thingy, but I hope it's okay and I hope I described what she was playing okay. It's kind of hard to really "explain" zen music. Lol I have this guys whole CD though. The Komuso priests who wandered Japan during the Edo period (1600-1868) would use this musice along with various techniques would try to help people by taking their problems and illnesses upon themselves, and did this by playing a particular style of
shakuhachi flute music called Sui-Zen. I need a little more Zen in my life, so I've really found it helpful...though I still have a temper and more so when I'm hurting and not feeling good, but I'm trying not to try. Hehe....


Female Half-Orc Brawler 7 HP: 59/66; AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15; Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +3; Init: +3; Perception: +11, Sense Motive: +11, Intimidate: +16

She stops and puts a hand on his arm to get him to look her in the eyes. Shaking her head she sighs a bit, "I told you not to say things like that about yourself, I don't like it. You're not being "stupid"...there is nothing wrong or stupid about having feelings." She just stands there in the street for a moment, "Yes...it is a lot to take in, but I'm trying to get past all the lies...or omission of truths, or half truths that my parents told me and just see her for who she is...the same way I saw you for who you are. I know it will take time for our relationship as "sisters" to grow....I didn't grow up with her the way I grew up with Anyka and the others....Anyka, myself...the others...we all went through hell and then some together...but we survived and now we'er here so I'm trying to just deal with what's in front of us right now."

Taking a moment to really look at him she leans in a little, "I'm not sure how Tikkle really felt about me. Most of the time I felt like I was competing for his attention with his damn ship. If it wasn't his ship it was the sea or whatever particular thing caught his fancy. Maybe we were just linked by what we went through...and he wasn't a "bad" man or treated me horribly...but I just felt...I felt like I was a mere convience to him most of the time." She says while tears well up in her eyes as the truth hits her full in the face. She shakes her head to try and get her feelings under control, "I'm not sure he would have ever given up the sea for me." Taking a few seconds she takes a couple of deep breaths before giving him a trembling smile, "Of course if you came to me before with this he probably would have made you walk the plank or whatever...but as I said before, we're not there anymore. I'm really not sure what about me could make you have those feelings for me, I don't consider myself to be anything special or unique. I'm just me...and right now I'm not even sure who that is." She looks back down at the ground, "You're my friend too, and you always will be. Whether our relationship goes further or not though, I will always care about you. You are right though, and we have all been through a lot. I seem to remember a certain dark elf that you were quite taken with and she seemed to like you a great deal as well....I'm not sure where my feelings are right now as far as more serious relationships go. I really think I need to take time and figure things out for myself, and figure out what it is I'm looking for before I settle down though. I don't want to rush into anything out of loneliness and hurt someone...or myself."

Stepping up to him she puts her arms around him and gives him a light hug, "Thank you...I know you're here for me. Let's just see what happens...is that okay?" She didn't want to discourage him right off the bat, but she didn't want to lead him on if she wasn't sure right now how she felt. She knew she cared for him, she knew that he was one of her best friends...she just needed some time for herself to figure out her own feelings before committing to someone else.


Female Fetchling Ranger 6 HP: 51/51; AC: 20, T: 16, FF: 15; Init: +7; Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +1

She nods, "That sounds fun, can Shamara and I go with you guys to meet him?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Yes, that would be fine," Asha says. "I'm sure he'd like to meet my new daughters."

3,001 to 3,050 of 7,948 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Valwick Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.