The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,701 to 2,750 of 2,859 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Shiera, this is where I will note that I have a campaign coin that I am willing to lend to you for the purpose of rerolls that has all 5 of my stars attached to it. I believe this means that you can do your own reroll and mine. With heroism and the rerolls, I'm hoping this gives you a halfway decent shot at pulling through.

"Shiera, withdraw! We're gonna need your channel on this thing. Let's bring it out into the open, where more of us can hit it, and where we don't have cover against it. Phin, use your glitterdust and blind the damn thing. It hits too hard and too fast. We've got to debuff it." She looks grimly at the others. "This only works if all of you move back too, even if you have to splash in that nasty sewer again."

Damiar's question to the GM is... How many hit dice does this thing have? Can we kill it, or are we all TPKing right now? I've been assuming that it is a few hit points away from dying, but now I am worried that it is much stronger than that.

Damiar waits to see the results of Shiera's fortitude saves.

If Shiera doesn't make one of her saves:

Damiar repositions Shiera then leaps out of there, using her acrobatics.

CMB vs Helpless Target: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 4 = 21

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

If Shiera makes both of her fort saves:

Damiar leaps back and shoots the damn thing to give Shiera room to move.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Long Bow+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27
Piercing Damage+PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Phinellippa sends a burst of glitter into the room.

DC 16 Will save or blinded.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Will save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

It only has 4 HD, but 2 of them are from Barbarian class levels, so it has quite a few hit points. You have it about halfway down right now (and have missed its AC by 1 several times now).

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Wow, that's scary that it's about halfway down, since your typical ghast has nowhere near that many HP. I figured we were almost done with it, so I did not cast a spell or summon anything last round. That'll teach me to be miserly about limited resources.

"Nico!" Garif calls out as the noble creature is struck down again. "We need to kill this thing and save him!" he adds to no one in particular. He takes a step away, then bends down, laying his hands on the stone floor and speaking in a strange, rumbling tongue.

5-foot step, cast summon nature's ally 2, in place of my last 2nd-level spell. Earth elemental (immune to paralysis) on the way!


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Fort save vs Disease: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Stabilization check, DC 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Fort #1 (Heroism): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10
Fort #1 (Personal Re-Roll w/ 2 Stars, Heroism): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 13
Fort #2 (Heroism): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19

Figured I'd use my own reroll first but if the target DC is 19 then even Damiar's borrowed campaign coin reroll wouldn't have helped there. Argh!

"Rrgh! R-run, get outta here-!" Shieara cries as the ghast rips into her with its claws and she feels her muscles and limbs begin to seize up. Now helpless, all she can do is silently pray that the others can kill it. And if they can't kill it, then flee. And if they flee...that the ghast will at least finish her off first before it feeds, so she doesn't have to watch Iovo and Nico be devoured before it gets to her.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Shieara paralysis duration (rounds): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 At least one roll in your favor.

Damiar, go ahead and move Shieara to where you were intending to reposition her to.

Rees may act.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees lets loose another arrow, and then jumps backward, nimbly clearing the muck! The trick, he realizes, is not looking where you leap. Again, cover not included.

Pew (PBS): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

I believe that Damiar repositioned Shieara.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Rees's arrow flies wide once again. The creature snarls as the Pathfinders retreat, stalking back around the corner and mostly out of sight.

Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • -Ghast 27 damage
  • Shieara 5/24 hp, paralyzed (round 1 of 2).
  • Rees
  • Iovo -5hp, stable, sickened for 6 minutes.
  • Phinellippa
  • Garif
  • Nico -8hp, sickened for 10 minutes, paralyzed (round 3 of 5).

    Whole party may act.

  • Silver Crusade

    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    As his summoned creature of earth and stone appears, Garif calls out in the same stony tongue, directing it to attack the undead horror! The elemental steps closer and slams the ghast!

    Slam, PA, Earth Mastery: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 18
    Damage, PA, EM: 1d6 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 13

    Slam, PA, Earth Mastery: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 11
    Damage, PA, EM: 1d6 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 12

    Due to Augment Summoning, elemental has +4 to Str and Con. Currently at 17/17 hp.

    As this is going on, Garif casts a spell to keep Nico from bleeding to death.

    Cast stabilize on Nico, then 5-foot back.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Power Attack gives a +2 bonus to damage, the first attack should do 16 damage

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    Shieara waits, helpless, to see whether her companions can best the ghast or if it might retreat.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10
    Iovo Apastron wrote:
    Power Attack gives a +2 bonus to damage, the first attack should do 16 damage

    Oops, copy/paste error due to speedy posting. Thanks for catching that.

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Now that the summoning has arrived, Damiar asks, "If my Unseen Servant helps you, Phinny, can you drag Iovo out of there?"

    My Unseen Servant can drag 100 pounds. Iovo is just a few pounds over that... Phin could move forward, and then drag Iovo as a standard action. Because Iovo is unconscious, the drag maneuver would be treated as automatically having rolled a Natural 20 according to CRB page 199. Iovo's CMD is currently 7, which means you could move her 10 feet with your CMB. (Maybe more if the GM allows the unseen servant to help with the dragging.) With the summons in the way, there would be no attack of opportunity.

    If Phinny says yes:

    "Unseen Servant, please assist Phinny in dragging Iovo out of there!" The Unseen Servant helps the gnome drag her sister away.

    "Reese, move to my other side, and shoot its undead ass!" Right next to Damiar was a spot with a beautiful sight line to the horror.

    ♫ It's close to sewers, and something evil's lurking in the dark
    With dancing lights, you see a sight that almost stops your heart
    You try to scream, but terror takes the sound before you make it
    You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes
    You're paralyzed

    'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
    And no one but us to save you from the beast about to strike
    You know it's thriller, thriller night
    You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight

    Then Garif's rock slams, the ghast's got nowhere left to run
    We'll work together and we'll make it come undone
    Open your eyes and strike the undead abomination, girl
    We'll make it come to us, we'll hit it with all we can find
    It's out of time ♫

    Inspire Courage +1 to hit and damage

    Also, I've been neck deep in a project, and so I am rolling next turn's action now.

    -- Next Turn --

    When the creature comes forward, Damiar keeps shooting it. "Die! Again!"

    Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 27
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa sends a magic missile before scooting behind Garif.

    pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Sorry, I missed Damiar's suggestion! However, I'm going to leave my turn up because I can do guaranteed damage each round and I think that's important right now.

    Dark Archive

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    "Gnomes..." Damiar sighs, remembering exactly what gnomes are like.

    (Every bit as chaotic as Damiar and her sister!)

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Great song, Damiar! I don’t know that Garif has ever been named in one of your inspirational filks. Fingers crossed that “Garif’s rock” can finish this off!


    *BZZZT!* "Botting for Reeeeeeeeees." *BZZZT!*

    Rees moves to Damiar's far side and tries to thread a carefully-aimed arrow at the hiding monster, feeling the power of the bard's song.

    Pew, IC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
    Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    As Damiar begins to sing, Garif finishes his incantation, drawing forth a lesser version of the monster you faced upstairs. Unfortunately, the creature is slightly disoriented, and its attacks just miss the mark. Phinellippa's maigic missile hits home, further damaging the ghast, but still the defiant creature stands. Rees unleashes a carefully aimed arrow, but the cover of the creature's hiding spot is just too much and the missile deflects off the stone wall.

    The ghast seems more confused than angry at the stony creature, and some of its rage seems to drain away as it attacks the fresh threat. The rage is kinda BS on this thing, I'm going to end it here.

    Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
    Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    Claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
    Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

    Claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
    Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    Wow, my dice are not playing along. RIP rocky.

    ------

    Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • -Ghast 32 damage
  • Shieara 5/24 hp, paralyzed (round 2 of 2).
  • Rees
  • Iovo -5hp, stable, sickened for 6 minutes.
  • Phinellippa
  • Garif
  • Nico -5hp, stable, sickened for 10 minutes, paralyzed (round 4 of 5).

    Whole party may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa moves back in nervously.

    pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    I believe Damiar's roll is already posted.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    No longer paralyzed, Iovo falls to the ground unconscious.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Garif hurries as hurriedly as his stout legs can hurry, along the ledge past Phin and Shieara. As he moves, he draws a wand from his belt pouch, tapping Shieara with it when he's next to her. "I hate to say this, lass, but I wish you the best of luck ending that thing."

    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    Though thankful to Garif for the healing Shieara can't help but find herself in agreement with the dwarf.

    You hate to say it and I hate to hear it!

    Still, she's better off than she was a moment ago and even better, there's a tingling in her arms and legs as she feels the paralysis beginning to weaken and fade...

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Phinellippa's bolt strikes home, followed shortly by Damiar's carefully-aimed arrow. The damage to the creature is apparent, and it seems to scarcely be able to stand.

    Rees may act.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    "Slay that abomination, Rees! You can do it."

    Grand Lodge

    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees frowns, then swaps his bow to the other hand and shrugs, as if to say, the masterhunter told me never to fire with my off-hand, but I'm not having any success at all firing normally... maybe there's something about this thing that makes everything go... opposite the way it's supposed to.

    After taking a moment to aim, he fires at the creature again! Cover not included.

    Pew (PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 27
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

    Grand Lodge

    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    || Spell Templates

    Rees takes careful aim, waiting for right moment to loose an arrow that whizzes down the hallway just as the creature leans out to peak. It's crumpled form falls in a heap, only the feathered half visible of the arrow that returned the beast to motionless death. Out of combat!

    Liberty's Edge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    "Urrghhh..." Shieara groans as the last bits of paralysis finally leave her body and she staggers forward, jamming the butt of her spear against the ground to brace herself.

    "Ah hope t' high Heaven that was th' only one'a those, else Ah vote we turn an' march ourselves right outta this hole!"

    Shie gives it some thought but then decides that the immediate needs of herself and her two injured companions outweigh conservation of resources and so she channels to mend everyone's wounds.

    Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

    "Well dang...better, but still not good enough," the cleric scowls. "Iovo's got a healin' wand, right? Lemme see..."
    ______________

    Shie will make use of Iovo's wand (or her own if necessary) to heal her up; same for Nico unless Garif's got him covered already.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    A single use of the wand is enough to bring Iovo to consciousness.

    Bleeah!” She blinks a few times. Slowly getting up and retrieving her bow, she admits “That hurt...in more ways than one. I’m still feeling ill.

    She is thankful as Shieara uses the wand to heal all of her wounds.
    CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
    CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
    CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
    CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    As you heal, one of the thief takers in the cells groans and shifts a bit. Looking at the captives, they all seem to be in bad shape, each with multiple bite marks and other wounds. None of the rest seem to be conscious.

    "H-hello?"

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    "Oh! Oh hey, howdy!" Shieara calls back as she finishes tending to her injured companions and then moves closer to the cells. "Who're you? Are you alright?"

    It's a little more difficult to triage with the bars separating them but Shieara tries to assess the speaker's injuries as best as she can from where she stands.

    Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

    "Don't worry, we're here t' help!"

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Iovo goes over to the ghast’s corpse and looks it over.

    Does it have a guard’s uniform?

    As Shieara checks the one conscious guard, she asks “What happened here? How is it you ending up in the cell, and what bit you?

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Garif heaves a sigh of relief as the ghast dies, crying out, "Nice shot, Rees!" as he hustles forward to tend to Nico. Drawing out his trusty healing wand, he lays a comforting hand on Nico's side and applies the wand to heal him. Once the cat is conscious and able to move again, Garif just sits quietly with him, far too shaken by yet another close call with death to engage in conversation.

    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

    5 charges used, Nico back at full HP.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The ghast does not have guard livery on.

    "Ugh...that monster" he says, pointing at the dead ghast "got the drop on us, and I think those little gray buggers stuffed us in here."

    Shieara:
    He has bite marks on his skin, and you see the early stages of a disease taking hold. You suspect, putting those things together, that he has likely contracted ghoul fever. If left untreated, he and the other captives are in danger of expiring and rising again as ghouls themselves within a day or two.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    With a smile, Iovo admits “It was a tricky thing. Surprised me too, in spite of how badly it stunk!” She kicks the skull of the ghast just to show it is really dead.

    Tilting her head in puzzlement, she asks “Grey things? Could those be the derro who were raiding for slaves?

    Looking to the rest of the group, she asks “Did we get a description of them?

    What does Iovo know of derro? Kn: Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    "Well don't y' worry none; if we can take care o' somethin' like that then we can take care of a few little gray buggers," Shieara remarks, trying to keep her tone light and reassuring.

    But as she turns away from the man and back to her companions, the smile drops off her face.

    "Ah'm pretty sure they've got th' ghoul fever; we need t' get 'em outta here an' t' a temple soon," Shie explains in a low voice. "Otherwise they die an' we'll have a whole mess o' ghouls runnin' around down here in just a day or two."

    The cleric also gives Iovo and Nico a concerned look. "An' if they got it then you two might've got it too. Might be too soon t' tell fer sure, but best t' go ahead an' check 'fore we get busy again."

    Assuming that Iovo and Nico seem okay with it, Shieara conducts a quick assessment of their condition too...

    Heal (Iovo): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
    Heal (Nico): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

    "Hmm...y'both seem alright. Just speak up if y'start feelin' puny though, okay? Well, Iovo, Ah mean."

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    I’m still trying to recover from the stench.” Iovo admits.

    She quickly casts a spell and then points towards each member of the group. You hear her whisper “So we have time to chase after the derro, then come back to fix this fever?
    Message cantrip

    She then inspects the cages.
    Will the cage even hold them? I assume they are locked in.

    Turning back to the group, she whispers “Can we let them out of the cages? I hate keeping them trapped, but it would be even worse if one of them wandered off while infected.

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    "Ah think so; if we get 'em back t' those guards outside they can prob'ly take 'em on t' a temple from there," Shieara replies via Iovo's messaging magic.

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    "Agreed. The way this mission has gone so far, I'd hate to leave them in their cells. What if we can't get back to them?"

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    "I think that's a fine idea, Shieara," Garif offers, finally lifting his attention from administering to Nico. "If we were smart, we'd probably leave with them...but we've got a job to do."

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    "Right, an' it's too dangerous t' take 'em further in with us," Shieara nods. "Shouldn't take us too long t' escort 'em back outside though, now that we've, uh, cleared th' way a bit."

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Nodding her head, Iovo whispers “Somebody else find a way to explain what the bites mean. I will handle the lock.

    Once someone explains, Iovo reassures the guards “If everyone keeps calm and cooperates you will all be fine.
    Aid Diplo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

    She then starts unlocking the cells.
    Take 10 Disable Device is a 22. Hopefully that will be enough.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The man responds, while Iovo (successfully) picks the locks on the cages. "Yeah, they had a whole bunch of prisoners. That's why we came down here. They did something with those tiles down at the far end there that rotated this whole room then, left down another passageway." He grunts in pain and winces as he steps out of the small cage. "Listen, if you're going after those bastards, you may as well take whatever you think might help from my gear" he says, pointing to a pile of equipment next to a large chest. "I can always requisition more."

    His gear:
    One masterwork longbow with 20 +1 arrows and bracers of archery (lesser).

    In the chest:
    1,800 gp in Cassomir trade bars.

    The one speaking seems to be in good enough shape to shepherd the rest of them upstairs to get more help, or you can escort them up yourself.

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    "Much obliged," Shieara grins when the man offers his gear for the cause. She then leans in a bit closer. "If you're feelin' up to leadin' th' rest of 'em back topside I wanna say this: ghasts carry ghoul fever an' Ah'm pretty sure you an' all th' rest that got bit are comin' down with it. Y'all need t' get yourselves to a temple t' be seen as soon as y'can, alright?"

    Diplomacy (JiC - Just in Case): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Looking over the equipment, Iovo suggests “Rees, would you like the bracers?
    They do not stack with Bardic Inspire Courage

    Picking up the arrows, she suggests “How about eight of these for our two main archers” gesturing to her sister and Rees “and four for me. Just in case we come across something that requires magic to hurt it.

    Also, has everyone healed from the last battle?

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar's eyes go wide as she sees the excellent archery gear. "Oh, thank you, thank you!" She takes an experimental shot with a non-magical arrow down the empty hallway with the bracers, just to try them out.

    Long Bow + Bracers: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    Oh, 20, where were you earlier?

    "Nice!" Then she sighs, takes them off, and turns to Rees. "Iovo's right. I almost always inspire courage, so maybe you should take the bracers, in cases where you might beat me to the shot? I'll happily take eight of those arrows."

    EDIT: My sister is a ninja!

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The man blanches a bit when Shieara mentions the ghoul fever, but sighs and resolves himself to the task ahead. "Ok. The prison keeps a priest on retainer, we'll go find him." He then leads the beaten and wearied thief-takers back up the way you came, those that can supporting others in worse shape. You're left in a dead-end chamber with now-empty cages on either side.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Before the prisoner disappears, Damiar just asks him. "Did you guys see anything else in this hallway? Other than the ghoul and yourselves? It seems odd that it would dead end like this."

    2,701 to 2,750 of 2,859 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.