The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Devil We Know Part 4


2,651 to 2,700 of 2,800 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

HP: 13/24 l AC: 15, T 11, FF 14 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (0/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Shieara curiously peers over Iovo's shoulder to get a look at the map. She stares for a moment and then looks up and over at Iovo and then to the painter.

"Uh...what th' hell am Ah readin'?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 1 | HP 18/24 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2 R +6 W +2; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | 25/50 CLW stick | 39/50 Mage Armor stick | Diviner’s Fortune 4/6 | Init +8 Perception +8; +1 vs traps | Conditions: Mage Armor, spiked gauntlet,dropped bow, diseased, rapier

Iovo looks at the paper, then looks to the mad painter and says “Thank you!

She shows the paper to the rest of the group saying “Looks like a map to me. We best be going and hopefully we will figure this out.

Pointing to the mural with the bell, she mentions “I really hope the snakes don’t represent Aspis Consortium.

Iovo then goes to the door in the southeast corner and opens it. “Shall we?
Trap Spotter if the door happened to be trapped and that was why there was blood there.

She is hoping it goes down. If it does, when the group gets within about ten feet of the next landing she will take the lead and search for traps.

I am guessing as to the meaning of the map. If the people are marking where there are traps, we should come to one at the bottom of the next area.

If the door doesn’t lead down, guess we need to see what we find.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Hmm, he's clearly more of a painter than a cartographer," Garif observes dryly as he studies the map with his companions. "Still, I guess there's nothing for it but to head down."

He gives a nod to Iovo's question, then follows along as she leads the way.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"One more question, Mr. Painter!" Damiar points to the 'map'. "Where are we on this map now?"

Turning to the others, she says, "Chomp does not sound good..."

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

"Yes, yes, follow the map to my master's shrine!" It becomes evident quickly that you are not likely to get more coherent answers from the man.

Behind the indicated door, you find a room with an open trap door and a ladder leading down into the darkness. (Assuming someone creates light, somehow) you see refuse rushing by in a stream of garbage carried swiftly through the sewer proper. A five-foot-wide dry ledge sits a foot above the refuse and provides a walkway on both the east and west sides of the sewer. On the west wall, a massive iron door blocks passage beyond. An image carved into the door is of a dispassionate figure holding a gibbous moon.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 1 | HP 18/24 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2 R +6 W +2; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | 25/50 CLW stick | 39/50 Mage Armor stick | Diviner’s Fortune 4/6 | Init +8 Perception +8; +1 vs traps | Conditions: Mage Armor, spiked gauntlet,dropped bow, diseased, rapier

Iovo activates her wayfinder to provide light before heading down through the trapdoor.

This is my only Core character, so it got the Wayfinder off Confirmation.

Pointing to the door, she asks “Is that someone we should know?

She will wait for an answer before going to check if the door is trapped.

Door Procedure:
Door procedure, when not rushed.

At each door, check for sounds or traps. Take 10 then roll twice.
Perception: 10 + 8 = 18 +1 to detect traps
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 +1 to detect traps
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 +1 to detect traps

If trapped, try to disarm it. Take 10 then if needed roll up to twice.
Disable Device: 10 + 12 = 22
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
At this point if nothing blew up, I would like a chance to evaluate things.

If it is locked and there is only one obvious way forward, try to unlock it.
Disable Device: 10 + 12 = 22
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
At this point I would take 20 to unlock.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 13/24 l AC: 15, T 11, FF 14 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (0/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Hum...I dunno," Shieara remarks. "Lemme give it a think..."

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

The face and the moon bring Groetus to mind. Also, the water here looks pretty gross (and about 5 ft deep). If you want to avoid it and cross to the other side I'll need a DC 15 Acrobatics check to nimbly hop across on the rocks in the middle (or some other creative solution). Alternatively, you can just wade across.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 13/24 l AC: 15, T 11, FF 14 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (0/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"More Groetus symbology," Shieara finally remarks. "Figgerd as much but Ah wanted t' be sure. Must be th' entrance t' th' shrine that cuckoo painter was talkin' 'bout."

She glances down at the nasty water and frowns. "Lovely choice'a scenery, too. Mebbe we can all hop across without gettin' wet..."

Acrobatics (DC 15): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

*SPLOOSH*

"AUGH!"

Shieara flails and fumbles across to the other side of the channel and hauls herself up and out of the filthy water.

"Oh man, now Ah'm gonna stink t' high heaven!"

And in the interests of saving time...

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 1 | HP 18/24 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2 R +6 W +2; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | 25/50 CLW stick | 39/50 Mage Armor stick | Diviner’s Fortune 4/6 | Init +8 Perception +8; +1 vs traps | Conditions: Mage Armor, spiked gauntlet,dropped bow, diseased, rapier

Iovo manages to not laugh when Shieara lands in the middle of the sewage, mostly because she is dodging the splash. She then hops over to the other side and checks the door. “So, derro should be on the other side of this door...

Acrobatics: 10 + 8 = 18

She gets out her rapier before she opens the door.
Already did the rolls above.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif mutters fiercely under his breath, "I didn't like this place when we started, and then Nico nearly dies, and now this? The things I do for the Society..."

Knowing he won't make it balancing across the rocks, he lowers himself off the ledge and into the muck in most undignified fashion, then sloshes across. "At least my head didn't go under," he says to Shieara as he reaches the far side.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Nico wrinkles his nose in distaste at the awful smell, then backs away quickly as people begin splashing into the water. He tries to blow the smell out of his nose with a quick exhalation, and the resultant noise sounds suspiciously like he's scoffing at the clumsy bipeds around him.

He then takes a few quick steps along the walkway and leaps gracefully and effortlessly over the stream of filth.

Take 10 for a 22 to jump.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees, too, eyes the sludge distastefully and decides to try a jump. He takes a moment to toss his bow over to Iovo first so that it doesn't get wet even if he does.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

His expression as he climbs out of the muck is one of extreme revulsion, and he does his best to wipe himself clean before continuing on.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 1 | HP 18/24 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2 R +6 W +2; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | 25/50 CLW stick | 39/50 Mage Armor stick | Diviner’s Fortune 4/6 | Init +8 Perception +8; +1 vs traps | Conditions: Mage Armor, spiked gauntlet,dropped bow, diseased, rapier

Iovo catches the bow and hands it back to Rees once he has had a chance to wipe the worst of the slurry off.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

"C'mon Phin, I'll leap you across, you're light enough."

(Assuming Phin agrees...)

Damiar hoists the little gnome on her shoulders.

This will likely put her into medium encumbrance, so -3 to the check.

Then Damiar nimbly leaps across.

Acrobatics plus gnomish encumbrance: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 3 = 21

After she lets Phin down, Damiar turns to the others. "Okay, so who needs a cleanup?" Damiar then prestidigitates Shiera, Rees, and Nico. "There, that's better! Shall we go on then?"

Liberty's Edge

HP: 13/24 l AC: 15, T 11, FF 14 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (0/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Thanks, friend! Magic's sure useful for more'n just blowin' things up, ain't it?"

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

I should have mentioned it, but as Shieara anticipated I will need a Fort save from you, please, Rees.

Once everyone is across, Iovo carefully inspects the door. She finds no signs of traps, but the door does appear to be locked. The simple lock proves no match for her skill, however, and she easily causes the tumblers to turn, unlocking the door. Arrange yourselves as you'd like to be on the map before I reveal the next room, please.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 13/24 l AC: 15, T 11, FF 14 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (0/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Awright, guess Ah'll open th' door once we're all ready, mkay?" Shieara remarks as she shuffles up to the door, once Iovo gives the all-clear.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 1 | HP 18/24 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2 R +6 W +2; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | 25/50 CLW stick | 39/50 Mage Armor stick | Diviner’s Fortune 4/6 | Init +8 Perception +8; +1 vs traps | Conditions: Mage Armor, spiked gauntlet,dropped bow, diseased, rapier

Stepping to the side, Iovo gets her bow out and readies an arrow. She nods, indicating she is ready.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: mage armor.

The gnome gladly accepts the ride on Damiar's shoulders.

She has to hold herself back from exclaiming "Wheeeeeee!" as Damiar leaps over the trough.

She waits around the corner for the door to open.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar leaps back across the chasm, in full sight of the door. "My long legs are good for leaping, and this will get me the best shot."

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif looks on enviously as Damiar leaps easily across the filth-filled channel, while also wondering why she chose to clean the filth off the rest of the party but not the poor dwarf. I think that was a slip-up, when you said Nico rather than Garif, but I'm running with it!

As his companions prepare to open the door ahead, Garif imbues himself and Nico with a little magical good fortune.

Cast guidance just in case.


M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Although Nico never touched the disgusting slurry in the channel, he purrs appreciatively when Damiar cleans off a few imaginary flecks of it that might have splashed on him when others fell in. Not quite satisfied, however, he then begins his elaborate grooming and bathing process as the people around him prepare to open a door.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

A purple radiance washes over this cold chamber from a variety of lichens and fungi that grow on the walls and ceiling creating an otherworldly sheen. Straw-filled cages line the north and south walls. Several of the cells contain bodies wearing the livery of Thief Takers from Swift prison, though it's hard to tell from the hallway whether they are alive or dead. In the room’s center, a strange pedestal, carved in the likeness of dozens of grasping tentacles, sits fixed into the stone floor.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 1 | HP 18/24 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2 R +6 W +2; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | 25/50 CLW stick | 39/50 Mage Armor stick | Diviner’s Fortune 4/6 | Init +8 Perception +8; +1 vs traps | Conditions: Mage Armor, spiked gauntlet,dropped bow, diseased, rapier

Concerned Iovo quickly scans the doorway, then slowly goes towards the nearest occupied cell to check on one of the guards.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 +1 to detect traps Plus Trap Spotter if there is a trap along the way.

I don’t know which is the closest occupied cell, please move me.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif moves a few steps closer and awaits the result of Iovo's exploration.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 13/24 l AC: 15, T 11, FF 14 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (0/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

Shieara waits a few beats to allow Iovo time to move forward and look around before following, ready to back up her companion if they encounter anyone or anything hostile. She eyes the pedestal up ahead warily.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

GM Screen:

Perception:
Iovo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Initiative:
Damiar init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Iovo init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Phinellippa init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Rees init*: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Sheiara init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Garif init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Nico init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
? init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

As Iovo sneaks forward toward, her nose is assaulted by a powerful stench (Fort save please) as a foul creature leaps out of hiding and bites her with hideous jaws!

Bite vs. flat-footed Iovo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Plus two Fort saves on a hit.

Three total Fort saves please, Iovo.

What is it?! Knowledge (religion):
DC 12:
Spoiler:
This is a ghast, a smelly undead creature whose bites carry disease and whose attacks also carry paralysis. This one seems more furious than most.

---------

Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • -?
  • Shieara
  • Rees
  • Iovo
  • Phinellippa
  • Garif
  • Nico

    Damiar may act.

  • Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 1 | HP 18/24 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2 R +6 W +2; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | 25/50 CLW stick | 39/50 Mage Armor stick | Diviner’s Fortune 4/6 | Init +8 Perception +8; +1 vs traps | Conditions: Mage Armor, spiked gauntlet,dropped bow, diseased, rapier

    Fort vs stench: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    Fort vs bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
    Fort vs bite again: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    Ouch!

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

    "Ack that's a ghast! Its bite paralyzes. Why couldn't it have been a ghoul?"

    Damiar normally would sing, but seeing her sister paralyzed, she just shoots it in the face. "Rescue my sister, and don't let it touch you!"

    Long Bow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Iovo sickened duration (minutes): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
    Iovo Paralyzed duration (rounds): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    In addition, she feels like she may have a fever coming on.
    ----------

    Damiar identifies the creature (you can have another question about it if you'd like) and then quickly leaps to her sister's defense with a well-placed arrow. The ghast continues to savage the paralyzed Iovo, tearing at the elf mercilessly.

    Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
    Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

    Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
    Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    It snarls as her unconscious form falls to the ground! By my math, the bite staggered Iovo and the first claw dropped her to -8hp.

    ---------

    Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • -Ghast -9hp
  • Shieara
  • Rees
  • Iovo -8hp and bleeding out (CON check to stabilize), paralyzed (round 1 of 3), sickened for 6 minutes.
  • Phinellippa
  • Garif
  • Nico

    Whole party may act.

  • Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 1 | HP 18/24 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2 R +6 W +2; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | 25/50 CLW stick | 39/50 Mage Armor stick | Diviner’s Fortune 4/6 | Init +8 Perception +8; +1 vs traps | Conditions: Mage Armor, spiked gauntlet,dropped bow, diseased, rapier

    Stabilization check:
    DC 10: 1d20 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) - 8 + 1 = 13

    Silver Crusade

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    "Oh no!" Garif says as Iovo falls, "Not again! This place is awful!" With his reluctance clear on his face, he says, "Nico, we must save Iovo! Attack that thing! I'll try to help protect you."

    He moves forward and waves his hands as if clashing two rocks together, sending a bright spark flying towards the undead horror's face.

    Cast daze, DC 14 Fort save or dazzled for 1 minute.


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Nico doesn't hesitate, charging forward to stand over Iovo's fallen form, then biting fiercely at the undead!

    Move and attack.

    Fort save for Stench: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 I believe I'm sickened now, right?

    Bite, Sickened: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 2 = 23
    Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa keeps at it with her wand of magic missile.

    pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar shoots at the ghast.

    Long Bow + I.C.: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    "That's for my sister!"

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    FYI, sickened applies a -2 to damage as well as attacks, cheatercat. :)

    Rees frowns with concern as Iovo falls, but raises his bow and tries to focus on bringing the monster down without striking Nico. Assuming I can see it from where I am, that is. It has cover due to Nico anyway.

    Pew (PBS): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Nico sickened duration (minutes): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

    Iovo's breathing stabilizes as her allies counterattac. Phinellippa's magic lands true, though Rees and Damiar are thrown off by the bounding Nico, who leaps in and bites the ghast, pausing only to puke on its feet first (both arrows missed even without cover). Garif weaves some magic, but it seems to have no effect on the creature. Being undead, it is immune to both daze (mind effecting) and what I suspect you meant to say, flare (like all undead creatures it is immune to any effect that requires a Fort save).

    The cat dodges the ghast's retaliatory bite and one of its claws, but is unable to dodge the final attack.

    Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
    Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

    Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
    Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

    Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
    Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 DC 19 Fort save to avoid paralysis, please.

    ------

    Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • -Ghast -22hp
  • Shieara
  • Rees
  • Iovo -8hp, stable, paralyzed (round 2 of 3), sickened for 6 minutes.
  • Phinellippa
  • Garif
  • Nico -11hp, sickened for 10 minutes. Fort save needed.

    Whole party may act.

  • Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Did Shiera act? Because as a cleric, she can do stuff against undead.

    Long Bow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    D'oh! No, Shieara didn't go yet, I just miscounted. Shieara can act twice (and we can retcon if she has something that would have disrupted its turn). Sorry, Shieara!

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa uses her wand once again!

    pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    I absolutely meant to write flare, that's what I get for posting in a hurry. And I know neither spell will work on undead, but Garif sure doesn't.

    "Dangit, that didn't work!" Garif mutters, before tapping Shieara with his blessing. He then steps to one side and draws his sling.

    Cast guidance on Shieara, in case she gets to make a Fort save next - though it won't apply to her first round action.


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    DC 19 Fort vs Paralysis, Guidance, Sickened: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 11 Bummer

    Nico stiffens in fright, his back arching, before he freezes in place, unable to move a whisker.

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 13/24 l AC: 15, T 11, FF 14 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (0/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 2/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    Sorry for the delay!

    Shieara's Round 1

    Alarmed at seeing Iovo savaged by the ghast Shieara instinctively conjures a healing burst to keep her friend from bleeding out entirely.

    Channel Energy (Heal the Living!): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
    ______________

    Shieara's Round 2

    "Damn! Why's this thin' even down here!?" Shieara swears as she watches Nico stiffen up after suffering a bite from the ghast. She steps forward, face crinkling up in disgust as the stench hits her...

    Fort (Guidance): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23

    ...and attempts to skewer the ghast with her longspear, though it's made more difficult by Nico being caught in the middle.

    Attack vs. Ghast (Longspear): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
    Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 1 | HP 18/24 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2 R +6 W +2; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | 25/50 CLW stick | 39/50 Mage Armor stick | Diviner’s Fortune 4/6 | Init +8 Perception +8; +1 vs traps | Conditions: Mage Armor, spiked gauntlet,dropped bow, diseased, rapier

    Iovo looks slightly better from the healing, but is still unconscious. Perhaps that is for the best considering she is paralyzed and there is a ghast right in front of her.

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Shieara's healing closes some of Iovo's festering wounds as Phinellippa's bolt of force connects. Unfortunately, Shieara's spear is goes wide as she attacks around the paralyzed Nico.

    Rees and Damiar may act.

    Nico paralyzed duration (rounds): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Oof.

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees fires another arrow at the thing, though his expression becomes even more grim when he sees Nico freeze in place. Cover not included below.

    Pew (PBS): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
    Damage?: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar tries frantically to calculate what might work for this. Glitterdust? No, the ghast will likely shake it off just like the elemental did. Heroism? Yes. She leaps lightly forward.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

    Landing softly behind Shiera, she takes one hand off her bow to cast heroism on the cleric. "Kick its undead ass."

    This spell imbues a single creature with great bravery and morale in battle. The target gains a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks.

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Damiar gives Shieara a magical assist, while Rees continues to fire at the creature, though he remains unable to strike it.

    The creature takes another bite of the paralyzed cat before it, knocking over poor Nico and leaving him unconscious and bleeding (by my math, Nico was at 8/16 after Shieara's healing, so this bite leaves him at -4 hp and bleeding. Let me know if you think I have that wrong).

    Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
    Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Another Fort save vs. disease, please.

    Emboldened, the creature then steps forward, standing on a growing pile of downed Pathfinders as it slashes at the approaching Shieara.

    Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
    Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
    Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

    Looks like those both hit, so two Fort saves vs. Paralysis, please.

    ---------

    Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • -Ghast 27 damage
  • Shieara 5/24 hp, two Fort saves needed vs. Paralysis.
  • Rees
  • Iovo -5hp, stable, paralyzed (round 3 of 3), sickened for 6 minutes.
  • Phinellippa
  • Garif
  • Nico -4hp and bleeding, sickened for 10 minutes, paralyzed (round 2 of 5).

    Whole party may act.

  • 2,651 to 2,700 of 2,800 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.