The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,601 to 2,650 of 2,989 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Once the rest of the place is under control we can ask. Right now, I would rather avoid it!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"So would Nico and I, thanks very much," Garif weighs in, joining the others in entering through the front door like civilized people.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
|| Spell Templates

"Is that what all that noise was?! Thanks for the warning. We'll send a runner for some specialists to deal with it."

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Looking around, you see two smashed-open corridors, each of which hold many small rooms that look out through rusted bars out onto the small square in front of the prison. At the base of each set of exterior bars, a box with a slot for coins sits on the ground. There are 12 small rooms in total. Each wooden box has been smashed to bits and most of the coins are gone. A few scattered coppers can be found on the floor in the west room. Further in, market stalls lie shattered across the paved floor. Wood splinters and papers litter the room. Several intact doors block your view of larger rooms to the either side.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

"Let's investigate the cells before we go in to the main area."

Phinellippa starts looking around.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Right! May as well be thorough 'bout it," Shieara agrees as she too begins to look through the cells.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Makes sense to me," Garif says absently as he studies the boxes and coins. "So how do you suppose this works? The prisoners are in their cells, people drop money in the boxes - but who, and why? And then they can use the money to buy stuff at the market when they are let out of their cells? Or do they work at the market? Maybe the prisoners own the market stalls, and someone who wants to buy something leaves the coins for it in the appropriate box? Nah, I can't picture a prison using the honor system in a market."

He gives Nico an affectionate pat and says, "My friend, some things we were not meant to understand." Garif then turns his attention to helping search the cells.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Maybe it's a means t' let 'em work off some debt?" Shieara muses. "Or t' let 'em earn some coin 'fore they're released, so they'll have something t' work with so's they don't go back t' stealin' or whatever landed 'em here in th' first place."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

I would guess that the boxes are so friends and family could give a prisoner money so they could get food and other essentials.

Puzzled by the market stalls, she admits “I don’t know how the market stalls fit in though, I wouldn’t expect the prisoners to have enough cash to support a market. I also wouldn’t expect them to have anything valuable enough to sell to others at market.

Iovo shrugs. “Could ask one of the guards on the way out.

Figuring the cell with the coins in it may have belonged to someone more important, she spends a little time searching that cell.
Perception: 10 + 8 = 18 +1 to detect traps
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 +1 to detect traps
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 +1 to detect traps

Next she goes to inspect the eastern set of double doors,

Door Procedure:

Door procedure, when not rushed.

At each door, check for sounds or traps. Take 10 then roll twice.
Perception: 10 + 8 = 18 +1 to detect traps
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 +1 to detect traps
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 +1 to detect traps

If trapped, try to disarm it. Take 10 then if needed roll up to twice.
Disable Device: 10 + 12 = 22
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
At this point if nothing blew up, I would like a chance to evaluate things.

If it is locked and there is only one obvious way forward, try to unlock it.
Disable Device: 10 + 12 = 22
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
At this point I would take 20 to unlock.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Iovo finds a coin with the initials 'MaJ' carved into one face. She gets the sense that somewhere, sometime, a former faction leader of the Society was looking for this coin, but they turned bad a long time ago. She finds nothing else of any interest.

Looking over the eastern double doors, she finds them untrapped, unlocked, and in fact unlatched. Slight pressure causes one door to swing open, revealing a 50-foot-by-35 foot room that contains the recognizable trappings of a chapel. An altar dedicated to Abadar rests upon a raised section near the northern wall.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Well, that explains the market!” Iovo says looking through the doors.

Looking back to the rest of the group, she adds “I think this is where we are supposed to find the item.

Having said that, she wanders into the other room looking for a bell.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 +1 to detect traps

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

Shieara nervously moves up to the chapel doors, glancing towards the courtyard for any sign of the rogue(?) earth elemental.

"Looks like it," she agrees. "Hopefully we can do what we need t' do an' then get a move on!"

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif keeps Nico very close as he looks down the corridor towards the courtyard where the elemental attacked them, then joins the others in the chapel to search for the bell.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees joins in the search for the bell, looking upward and wondering if it will be hanging from something.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
+2 if the bell is human

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Entering the chapel, you see a bell prominently displayed near the altar.

Detect magic:
The bell is magical.

Bardic Knowledge AKA Knowledge (history) or some other justifiable skill, DC 18:
This is, indeed, a relic.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Woo, good t' know it's still here an' in one piece," Shieara remarks from her sentinel position at the chapel entrance. "What's th' verdict? It worth everythin' they say an' a bag o' crackers?"

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Mmm, crackers sound good," Garif observes, while reaching a hand out towards the bell and muttering a few words. "I never bring enough snacks on these missions. In any case, this bell is magical, so it's probably the one we're after - unless the little market here in the prison specialized in magic bells."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Approaching the bell, Iovo asks “Are any of you good at sketching? Might be useful.

She then looks at her sister and Phinellippa, asking “Who wants to Identify it first?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar takes out her wand of identify and casts it on herself.

Spellcraft+Identify: 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 10 = 26

Then she hands the wand to Phinelippa. "Do you want to have a go?"

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

"Look at how old and magical it is! It's a relic, alright. This might have been around from when Mom was young."

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Damiar examines the bell, identifying it as a relic with powerful compulsion magic, known as the bell of obedience. You can spend a few minutes taking sketches and rubbings of the inscriptions. You've basically done all there is to do with the bell.

As a reminder, the other part of your mission was to help recover the people kidnapped by the derros.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

So, check the other door and then try to find where the derro are hiding?” Gesturing to the bell, she adds “As much as Zarta might want it, we were told to leave the bell.

Door Procedure, West double doors:

Door procedure, when not rushed.

At each door, check for sounds or traps. Take 10 then roll twice.
Perception: 10 + 8 = 18 +1 to detect traps
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 +1 to detect traps
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 +1 to detect traps

If trapped, try to disarm it. Take 10 then if needed roll up to twice.
Disable Device: 10 + 12 = 22
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
At this point if nothing blew up, I would like a chance to evaluate things.

If it is locked and there is only one obvious way forward, try to unlock it.
Disable Device: 10 + 12 = 22
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
At this point I would take 20 to unlock.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Do we know what the Bell does or how it works? Is this something where a bard could perform a cheery song and have all the derros start dancing and releasing prisoners? What does this do?

Damiar looks longingly at the bell, and then prepares to follow her sister.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Iovo checks over the door on the west side of the hallway and, finding it free of dangers and devoid of sounds from within, pushes it open. Within is a kitchen in disarray. The small pieces of wood scattered about the floor are a puzzle until you realize that they are knife handles devoid of blades. Further in you find a mess hall in a similar state of mess. The tables within are scarred by years of use and abuse, and the whole room smells musty and a little rotten.

Not much else to find here.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Guess we go to the stairs down we found in the other room.

Looking towards the courtyard, she adds “Let’s go the long way. I don’t want to encounter that elemental again.

I didn’t see anything else on the map nor in the descriptions to investigate.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Amen to that," Shieara nods solemnly as the group gets moving again. She notes Damiar's longing look at the bell as they leave the chapel and she chuckles. "If it makes ya feel any better Ah kinda wish we could ring it too, even if it'd prolly be a bad idea what with th' name 'Bell of Obedience' an all."

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"I've no wish to be subject to whatever magic that prison bell contains," Garif offers, "though I am willing to go downstairs as Iovo suggests. And I am more than willing to go the long way!"

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

♫ So you think that you're Iovo
Telling your party where to go
Take the long way down
Take the long way down

We know elemental DR is hell
Not to mention that creepy bell
Take the long way down
Take the long way down

But there are times that you lean on the comraderie
A friendship good to see
We're comin' down, oh joy
There's no stealth to play part of the furniture
Better we all look both ways twice....

When fighty days turn to fighty nights
As we're tourin' the city blights
And take the long way down
Take the long way down

You never see what you want to see
Now touring the prison gallery
You take the long way down
Take the long way down

And when your team backs you, it's so unbelievable,
Oh unforgettable, how they adore you,
But then your team seems to think you're losing your sanity,
Oh, calamity, is there no way out, oh yeah
Ooh, take it, take it out
Take it, take it out
Oh yeah

Does it feel that your life's become a catastrophe?
Oh, isn't that Pathfinders way
When you look through the years and see what you could have been
And you thank fate you're my twin
Sis, it's been sublime

So, when the day comes to settle down,
Who's to blame if you're not around?
You took the long way down
You took the long way down
Took the long way down
You took the long way down
You took the long way down, so long
You took the long way down
You took the long way down, uh yeah
You took the long way down ♫

Source: Supertramp's Take the Long Way Home

Grand Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
|| Spell Templates

Very nice!

So, what's your marching order, and which set of stairs are you going down? Or splitting and going down both?

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Placed people in a marching order. Put Iovo second so that Trapspotter had a chance to work.
Rearrange as people want.
Let’s favorite GM Dennis’s post above when everyone is happy with their place.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

I spend my favorites thriftily, but I support your plan.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Y'want me t' lead?" Shieara blinks, but then realizes that without Kleines she's the next logical choice for taking point. "Oh...right! Well alrighty then, time t' go."

She hefts her longspear and begins leading the way down the stairs, once everyone is ready.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

That's almost everyone, so I'll move us along.

GM Screen:

Perception:
Damiar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Iovo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Rees*: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Sheiara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Garif: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Nico: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

As the group cautiously descends, no one notices the small pressure plate at the first landing. When Shieara's armor-clad foot steps on it, a glowing green arrow slams into her, splashing over her and sizzling, painfully!

It's a trap! Attack vs. Shieara flat-footed touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Acid damage, round 1: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Acid damage, round 2: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
Acid damage, round 3: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Acid damage, round 4: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

If someone has a way to neutralize the acid before the end of the duration, go ahead and post it and we'll ignore the later rounds of damage.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

GM Screen:

Perception:
Damiar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Iovo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Rees*: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Sheiara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Garif: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Nico: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The first level of Stavian’s Fair contains four large solitary confinement pens reserved for political dissidents. Due to the wooden nature of these cells, the rust monster’s carnage did not affect this floor. In the southwest cell, Damiar finds a diary, and its last passage details the horrific abduction (see Handout #1 in the slide deck). Several pages beyond the last entry were torn out.

Nothing else of interest on this floor.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Continuing downward.

The second level of the Fair, like the keep above, is stripped of nearly everything metal, leaving what was once a tangle of dank, solitary confinement cages transformed into a tumbled mess of furniture and prisoner odds and ends. A collection of broken furniture in the southeast corner suggests a struggle, and you see a splattering of blood on the floor in front of the door in the southeast corner of the room.

In the remains of the center cell, covered in paint, a man dressed in torn beggar’s rags, his feet still bearing leather cuffs that were clearly once shackles, throws color onto a dirty canvas. The man stops painting when you arrive, looks at you, and exclaims with a toothless grin: “For you, my master, always for you!” He then lays the painting atop a small pile of paintings and sets up another blank canvas, madly attacking it with his brush.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Oh no!” Iovo cries out as the arrow hits Shieara. Quickly figuring out it was acid hurting her friend, Iovo gets out a couple of pieces of chalk and crushes them over the acid to try and neutralize it.

Hope this works! Someone told me once that chalk eats up acid.

Chalk is a base. I don’t have any idea how effective it would be.
I have four pieces of chalk in my inventory. If two help but aren’t enough, I would use the rest as well. If the two had no effect, well it was only a couple of coppers anyways!

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Seeing the mad painter, Iovo hesitates a moment, stepping to the side in case her sister wants to lead the discussion. She keeps her distance from the bars, or perhaps she just doesn’t want paint splashed on her.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

That's a lot of acid damage! Shie doesn't have any way to negate it herself so depending on whether Iovo's method is effective she'll be moderately hurt or at 2/24 on HP.

"An' that's why Ah don't usually take point," Shieara grumbles as the acid finishes its grisly work. She takes a moment to make use of her healing wand to repair the damage done before carrying on.

I can roll charges or take the average; whichever is preferable.
______________

The cleric simply stares at the deranged painter for a moment before turning to look at her companions. "Uh...this might be a little outta my pay grade. But if we can get 'em to let us get closer Ah might be able t' give him a look, see if he's been hit on th' head or somethin'?"

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

I have no idea whether that should work on magical acid, but I like creative solutions. Iovo, please give me a Heal or Sleight of Hand check to see if you can safely and effectively apply the chalk. I'll say DC 15, with success reducing the acid to 2 rounds (one round to draw and crush the chalk, one to apply). Shieara, I'm fine with average on wand charges out of combat.

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Sleight of Hand: 10 + 7 = 17
Iovo sprinkles the crushed chalk in an even layer over the acid, with very little of it wasted.

Smiling, she says “Looks like it is working! Sorry I didn’t see the trap before it activated.

Honestly, I wasn’t sure myself. The spell does say “unless neutralized” which means there should be a way to do that.

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

"Oh, that's clever!" Garif exclaims as he watches Iovo try to reduce the impact of the acid on poor Shieara. "I expect you could do something similar with limestone, which is probably present in the mortar between the stones here in the prison. But I imagine chalk is easier to crumble than mortar that was put in place hundreds of years ago. In any case, an excellent idea!"

Turning to the mad painter, he asks, "Your master, eh? Who's he when he's at home? And while we're at it, who are you?"

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

The painter just cackles and carries on, muttering about his 'master'. He seems unfriendly at the moment, in that your presence has not yet registered with him as worthy of attention. You could try a Diplomacy check to change his attitude, if you'd like.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar claps at Iovo's clever solution and helps Shiera with the Cure Light Wounds Wand en route to the lower part. If two are operating wands, it's a little quicker.

Then she turns to the artist in the cell.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"Hey, that looks like fun! Such creativity and wild energy! May I pick up a brush and try this too?"

I have an Unseen Servant... I can splatter paint, right?

"Or we could get you out of there, and you could paint out here. This whole place surely could use a paint job. A few of your works as murals could do wonders."

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Iovo makes a show of getting out her thieves tools so the mad painter can see the group is capable of freeing him.
Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Having done that, she then goes over to look most closely at what happened in the southeast corner of the room.

Search:
Perception: 10 + 8 = 18 +1 to detect traps
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 +1 to detect traps
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 +1 to detect traps

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Iovo finds little else of interest in the rubble.

As all of you take in more of the room, you can see a large mural, paint still wet and obviously painted within the last hour, on the south wall. It depicts two large snakes carrying a bell into the sewers, and figures that bear a striking resemblance to yourseles chasing after them.

"Friends! Did the Master send you? Yes, he must have. Praised be he who ends the days! Groetus told me you would come, and he asks that you rid his shrine of the derros. But I warn you! Do not interfere with his shrine, or Groetus's anger will be swift!"

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

Kn. Religion (Groetus): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"Oh boy...th' God of th' End Times, no wonder he's like this," Shieara groans, shaking her head. "Still, Ah ain't inclined t' question it if one'a his flock knows anythin' that can help us. But is that th' same bell we saw up top or a diff'rent one?"

She turns to address the painter directly. "So, uh, Friend, Groetus has his shrine down in th' sewers? How'd we get there?"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Iovo sighs. “In the sewers? Why do people insist on putting hideouts in the sewers? Really, there are better options!

Looking to the mad painter, she then asks “Are there any traps in this temple we should be aware of?

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Damiar admires the mural a moment. "Derros are not snakes. Do you have any idea who or what those bell-stealing snakes are?"

Knowledge Whatever, Snakes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
+1 if Knowledge History, Nature or Religion
+2 if Knowledge Planes

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

Kn: Local on Snakes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Snakes? Seems there was something connected to snakes...

Iovo takes a moment to consider her sister's question.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Well, with rolls like that... Many things, people, and organizations have been depicted as snakes over the years. Most recently for you, the Aspis Consortium has provided the society with information, and one of their apprentices guided you to the prison today.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates
Iovo Apastron wrote:

Iovo sighs. “In the sewers? Why do people insist on putting hideouts in the sewers? Really, there are better options!

Looking to the mad painter, she then asks “Are there any traps in this temple we should be aware of?

At this point, the man points to the door in the southeast corner of the room and says, “Down, down, deeper, and down, follow my map to the underground.” He scrabbles through his paintings and presses a crumpled, paint-stained parchment into Iovo's hands (in slides).

2,601 to 2,650 of 2,989 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.