The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,551 to 2,600 of 2,984 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Rees takes a step back and fires his bow at the creature, though his expression is one of doubt that the puny arrow will do any damage to such a massive opponent.

Pew (PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Rees fires and connects, but the arrow bounces harmlessly off the creature's stony hide. Ignoring the projectiles, the elemental focuses on the nearest melee combatant, Nico. Its massive fist slams harmlessly into the earth, though, as the magically-protected cat dodges out of the way.

Slam vs. Nico, earth mastery, power attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 20
Damage, earth mastery, power attack: 2d6 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 22

----------

Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • - Earth Elemental -11hp
  • Phinellippa
  • Shieara Diviner’s Fortune
  • Garif
  • Nico

    Whole party may act.

  • Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    "Hit really hard, huh? Ah think Ah can manage that," Shieara laughs, a look of determination on her face as she tries once more to connect against the elemental.

    Attack vs. Elemental (Longspear; Diviner's Fortune, IC): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 21
    Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa uses her wand again.

    pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Garif steps forward and lets a magic stone fly, then loads another!

    5-foot step, shoot, reload

    Sling attack, magic stone, inspired, in melee: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 17
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Nico bites and claws ferociously!

    Full attack, hope the elemental keeps missing!

    Bite, MF, Inspired: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 15
    Damage, MF, Inspired: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5

    Claw: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18
    Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

    Claw: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
    Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

    This is going to be a slow, dangerous process if Nico's full attack does a single point of damage (after DR) per round.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Iovo puts away her bow and once again gives Shieara some insight into the battle.

    Diviner’s Fortune

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 27
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9

    Damiar is so picking up double shot next level.

    Damiar continues to shoot and inspire courage. "This is going to be a long haul, but we can do it!"

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees frowns and continues firing, trying to find some sort of eye-shaped blob of mud that might be more vulnerable.

    Pew (PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 21
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Shieara pokes and NIco claws, though their efforts amount to little more than scratches as Garif's stone bounces harmlessly off the elemental's stony form. Iovo gives up on archery, opting instead to continue aiding Shieara. Damiar and Rees both have slightly more luck, landing powerful shots that embed deep enough to stick, but only Phinellippa's forceful magic seems to have full effect.

    I went back and counted, and it should have had -13hp coming into this round, rather than the -11hp I marked. Corrected and updated now.

    Unfazed by any assault thus far, the creature continues to swing both of its mighty fists at Nico, emitting a grinding, shrieking roar in protest as it once again misses. The cat's luck runs out, though as the monster's second fist catches him squarely and slams him to the ground, bleeding and unconscious. Fun story, I should have been attack twice this whole time :(

    Slam, earth mastery, power attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 13
    Damage, earth mastery, power attack: 2d6 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 20

    Slam, earth mastery, power attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 29
    Damage, earth mastery, power attack: 2d6 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 25

    ----------

    Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • - Earth Elemental 27 damage
  • Phinellippa
  • Shieara Diviner’s Fortune
  • Garif
  • Nico -9hp, unconscious and dying

    Whole party may act.

  • Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar glitters the rock, hoping to blind it!

    Glitterdust, DC 14

    "We need to retreat! I'm not certain that we can take this thing out, but I am hoping we can buy ourselves some time."

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Iovo tries her best to avoid any potential attack as she runs past the elemental.

    Running!

    Fight defensively, move. AC 19 this round, draws the AoO if it isn’t blinded.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Will save vs. Glitterdust: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 :(

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The creature takes an opportunistic swipe at Iovo as she passes.

    AoO vs. Iovo, earth mastery, power attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 23
    Damage, earth mastery, power attack: 2d6 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 24

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Ouch!” Iovo cries out as she becomes staggered by the nasty elemental’s blow.

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Were there ramparts around here somewhere that we could get up on and shoot down at it (without it being able to get us)?

    Rees winces sympathetically as Nico takes a hard blow and falls to the ground. Trying to determine how he can possibly save the cat and still get out alive, he hesitates a moment to see what the other Pathfinders will do.

    If we're retreating:
    Rees fires another arrow into the creature before backing out of the room. He's going to try to ensure that nobody gets left behind, especially Phinnelippa and Iovo. If needed, he's probably got enough strength to lift the gnome or drag Iovo. Likely move through the door west (top of map), since the elemental would have to squeeze to get through there.

    If he can't attack and help with the retreat effort, he'll skip the attack.

    If we're not retreating:
    Rees grimaces and continues firing.

    Predicated attack:
    Pew (PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 25
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

    Liberty's Edge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    Need a hammer for this, not toothpicks!

    Upon seeing Nico fall and Iovo getting her bell rung as she darts towards the exit Shieara doesn't need to be told twice. She attempts to skirt her way around the enormous elemental as she moves into the entryway, coming to a stop just behind Nico.

    Assuming she doesn't get her own bell rung by an AoO...

    "H-hey! Come on, y'all, hang in there!"

    Shie grasps her holy symbol and channels a wave of healing energy to help Iovo and hopefully Nico too.

    Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
    ______________

    No Selective Channel so the elemental gets healed too...*sigh*...

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa darts back and sends a burst of glitter at it!

    DC 16 Will save.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    Phinellippa's glitter is more precisely-placed, filling every crack and crevice on the creature's craggy exterior with shiny gold glitter, temporarily blinding it! It responds by thrashing about, swinging at the last place it saw a nearby creature.

    Slam vs. Shieara, earth mastery, power attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 16
    Damage, earth mastery, power attack: 2d6 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 21
    Miss on 1-50: 1d100 ⇒ 43

    Slam vs. Shieara, earth mastery, power attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 25
    Damage, earth mastery, power attack: 2d6 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 19
    Miss on 1-50: 1d100 ⇒ 26

    Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

    Shieara is able to dodge the creature's wild swings, but it does manage to shake off the remaining dust.

    ----------

    Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • - Earth Elemental -21hp
  • Phinellippa
  • Shieara
  • Garif
  • Nico -3hp, unconscious, stable

    Whole party may act.

  • Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Iovo stumbles out of the room through the south door, continuing to run away from the evil elemental as best she could.

    Someone please save Nico!

    I assume I keep the staggered condition from going to 0 even though I now have more hit points.

    Silver Crusade

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Garif stands stock-still for a long, perilous moment, his eyes fixed on Nico's bloodied form on the stone floor of the prison. What a terrible place to leave my sweet, brave friend, in the dark and cold, when all he wants is to lounge in the sun...

    "I can do nothing for him, except to die trying," the dwarf says at last. "I will come back for you, Nico!" he cries, before turning and taking the hardest steps of his life, in the hopes of leading the elemental away.

    Double move - sure hope this works.

    Liberty's Edge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    Damn it!

    "Hang on Nico, we'll come back for ya!"

    Moving with surprising speed for being armored Shieara withdraws back through the eastern door, following after Iovo. Though she notes that Iovo opted to take the stairs Shie instead turns the corner towards the north and stops, waiting to see if the elemental decided to follow them or someone else.

    Maybe if he follows me I can keep him following me in a circle through the halls while the others get to Nico?
    ______________

    Shie withdraws to her current map position~

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa sends another zap from her wand and follows behind Garif.

    pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Botting Rees

    Rees darts after his companions, hoping to lure the elemental away from Nico!

    Double move


    Damiar continues her song while firing an arrow. Just before turning to follow Garif through the room, she calls out to the others.

    We can meet back up at the northern pens. Be careful!

    Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 21
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The elemental charges after the fleeing pathfinders, through the larger doors and into the cell block. It slams up against the remnants of the iron bars, though, and seems to have trouble moving through the room. Double move. Currently threatening Phinellippa with reach.

    Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • - Earth Elemental -27hp
  • Phinellippa
  • Shieara
  • Garif
  • Nico -3hp, unconscious

    Whole party may act.

  • Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Garif continues to flee!

    Double move again.


    We need more space between us and it! Just run!” Damiar says. Once Garif and Phinellippa have done so, she follows them.

    Talk, delay to see that Phin and Garif actually run.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Iovo gets out her healing stick and tries to use it on herself. “Yay! It worked for me!

    Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    She has it loosely held out in case Rees wants to grab it.

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    PHinellippa runs for it! Withdraw.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar runs for it.

    Are we running deeper into the prison, or away from the prison?

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Slide 2 gives the overview. Right now, follow Garif and Phinellippa back the way we came in.

    I anticipate once Nico is rescued and our group heals we will try going up the ramparts to go around the courtyard the elemental was in.

    Liberty's Edge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    Having luckily chosen to pause in a position that juuuust allows her to see the elemental chase after Damiar, Phin, and Garif, Shieara decides to take a risk. She heads back around the corner the way she came and edges just close enough to channel more healing energy...

    Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 Well...better than snake eyes at least.

    ...and hopes that it'll be enough to bring Nico around.

    "Nico! Kittykittykitty~" she hisses, wondering if the big cat would come to her like a regular housecat might.
    ______________

    Move to current position & channel~

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Nico's eyes open and he woozily stands, blinking in Shieara in confusion. That gets him to 0hp, so staggered.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    || Spell Templates

    Slowed by the iron bars and narrow passageways, the elemental gives up the pursuit after a few moments and turns back toward the yard. That provides enough opening for Shieara to revive Nico and for Rees to coax the injured cat out of danger, before they make their way to reconvene with the rest of the party outside the prison. The area surrounding the prison is fairly quiet, as the sounds of battle to the south seem to have subsided.

    You have time to heal, then you can make your way to the other end of the prison. Examining the ramparts, you don't see any turrets likely to contain stairs connecting the upper and lower floors at the southern end of the building, so you suspect that may not be a good way to get to those buildings.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Gathering with the others, Iovo hands her healing wand to her sister.
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    Three charges.

    Liberty's Edge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    "Whew...that was close," Shieara remarks, wiping her brow with relief as everyone, including Nico, is able to reconvene. As the group is busy mending wounds, Shie thinks about the conundrum they've now found themselves in.

    "It don't look like we can get to th' other side of th' place from here, even if we went up top. Least not without a ton'a trouble. Think we could try sneakin' past that thing or should we try some sorta fancy rope maneuver 'cross th' top?"

    She looks down at her heavy, metal armor and offers a rueful laugh. "Not that Ah think Ah could manage either without makin' a buncha noise or fallin' but th' rest of you might could do it."
    ______________

    Shie is also happy to channel some more if we need it~

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    With a chuckle, Iovo reminds Shieara “No one in our group is good at sneaking!

    Thinking for a moment, she then suggests “Do we try the front doors? Originally we avoided them because of the sounds of battle, but I don’t hear any battle there any more.

    Liberty's Edge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    "Oh! Yeah, mebbe that's worth lookin' into," Shieara agrees with a slap of her forehead. "Totally forgot 'bout th' front doors!"

    Silver Crusade

    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    As Nico comes limping up to him, Garif drops to his knees, puts his arms around the great cat's neck and says, "You big galoot, what were you thinking? Taking on a huge creature like that on your own?" He draws back enough to look Nico in his huge, trusting eyes and continues, "I know I told you to attack, but I was a fool and you must never listen to me...not that you do, especially, in any case, being a cat."

    Never taking a comforting hand off his friend, Garif gets out his healing wand and restores Nico to health. "Thank you, my friends," the dwarf says to his fellow Pathfinders, "for rescuing Nico. I don't know what I would do if I lost him."

    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    He is a part of the group. I don’t ever want to leave anyone in our group to die!

    @GM Dennis, Let me know if the Mage Armor duration is about done. I will renew it when the 1 hour duration is almost over.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    You've still got time. I'm thinking you're at about 30 minutes since the fight with the druids/rats.

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    "Right! Nico's as much a Pathfinder as th' rest of us," Shieara agrees with a smile. "An' Pathfinders don't leave other Pathfinders behind if'n they can help it."

    "Anyways, I reckon goin' through th' front door is a good idea as any since we don't seem t' have any better ones," she continues. "Iovo if you wanna check it out first t' make sure it's safe th' rest of us can back you up if you need it."

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Looking at her sister, Iovo says “They have been tough fights, heal yourself before we get in another.

    Then she leads the way to the front door and if there are no immediate adversaries she checks the door.

    Door procedure:
    Door procedure, when not rushed.

    At each door, check for sounds or traps. Take 10 then roll twice.
    Perception: 10 + 8 = 18 +1 to detect traps
    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 +1 to detect traps
    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 +1 to detect traps

    If trapped, try to disarm it. Take 10 then if needed roll up to twice.
    Disable Device: 10 + 12 = 22
    Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
    Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
    At this point if nothing blew up, I would like a chance to evaluate things.

    If it is locked and there is only one obvious way forward, try to unlock it.
    Disable Device: 10 + 12 = 22
    Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
    Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
    At this point I would take 20 to unlock.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Keeping Nico very close by, Garif joins the others in heading to the front door. "Maybe that elemental ate all the people fighting inside, and then left for the Plane of Earth," he observes hopefully.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Looking towards Phinellippa and her sister, Iovo asks “Do elementals eat people?” She seems genuinely curious.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Once healed you can make your way around to the other side. As you arrive at the main entrance of the prison at its southern end you find constables guarding it. Nearby, a handful of ragged and injured cultists are in manacles and seated against the wall, while a cleric tends to wounded constables. "Oy, glad to see you lot" on of them says as you approach. "We heard the fighting from inside and figured something bad must have happened. Anyway, head on in if you'd like."

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    "Thank you, officers. We will!"

    Then Damiar talks to her team over message. "We could have gone through the front door all along? I feel dumb."

    Before going in she tries to heal her remaining injuries.

    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Smiling brightly, Iovo says “Thanks! We met some of those cultists around back as well.

    There is an earth elemental in the courtyard that is more than we can handle. Please warn all your people to be wary of it.

    She then happily proceeds into the building.

    Guess we should have started with the front doors!

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    "Hey... Do you think we could get all these constables to help us with the Earth Elemental? If we arranged all of us to go in waves bashing on it, we might finally get rid of the thing."

    2,551 to 2,600 of 2,984 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.