The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


2,501 to 2,550 of 2,984 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

"Yeesh, what a mess," Shieara grimaces as she steps to the side and jabs her spear at Red. "Why can't you folks spend your time takin' care o' stray cats or somethin' instead??"

Attack vs. Red Druid (Longspear; Bull's Strength, IC): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 15

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

With the druids all too far away, Garif directs his ball of fire at one of the rats. He then takes a step forward and unloads his sling at the same rat!

Fire and sling at black rat.

Flaming Sphere, DC 16 to negate: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2) = 8

Sling attack, magic stone, target in melee: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

As if he somehow understands her, Nico glances over his shoulder and gives Shieara a long, considering look, punctuated by a chirping sort of purr from deep in his chest. He then turns his attention to the rat-controlling human, biting and clawing for all he's worth!

Full attack on Red druid. If he goes down, rest of attacks are on red rat companion.

Bite, Inspired: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Claw, Inspired: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Claw, Inspired: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Black rat Reflex vs. flaming sphere: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Garif's ball of fire leaves the black-collared rat a smoking lump of burned fur, though his sling bolt fails to connect with the white-collared one next to it. Shieara skewers the nearby druid while Nico finishes off the rat injured by Phinellippa's magic missile. Red druid, red rat, and black rat all down.

Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Shieara
  • Rees
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • - Red druid
  • - Red companion
  • - White rat minion
  • - Black rat minion
  • - Purple rat minion
  • - Orange rat minion
  • Iovo
  • Damiar
  • - Blue druid -6hp
  • - Blue companion
  • - Yellow druid
  • - Yellow companion
  • - Green druid -9hp
  • - Green companion

    Rees may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees fires an arrow roughly in the direction of the white-nosed rat in front of Nico, though he grimaces in anticipation of removing the cat's last prey. Cover should apply (not included below).

    Pew (PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 25
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Rees catches the remaining rat with an arrow, but doesn't quite bring down the creature. The wounded rat lashes out in pain at Nico, but doesn't come anywhere near the nimble cat, who seems to be playing with the poor creature.

    Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Plus a Fort save on a hit.

    Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Shieara
  • Rees
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • - Red druid
  • - Red companion
  • - White rat minion -3hp
  • - Black rat minion
  • - Purple rat minion
  • - Orange rat minion
  • Iovo
  • Damiar
  • - Blue druid -6hp
  • - Blue companion
  • - Yellow druid
  • - Yellow companion
  • - Green druid -9hp
  • - Green companion

    Iovo and Damiar may act.

  • Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Two on one? Seems the odds are against me here!” Iovo points out with a little too much mirth.

    She then runs back the way she came!

    Withdraw, double move back to where she left her friends.

    As she rounds the corner and sees Phinellippa she warns her friends “Two more coming!

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Meanwhile, Damiar had already started running to protect her sister, not knowing yet that Iovo had retreated. Accepting an attack of opportunity from the rat, she shoots at the Green Druid. "C'mon," she says to the others. "Let's deal with this. Iovo needs our help!"

    She shoots the Green druid.

    Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 19
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8

    "Where did she go? " Then Damiar answers her own question. "Oh. She retreated. Like a sensible person."

    Damiar sighs, and braces herself to be overrun.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    White rat AoO vs. Damiar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
    Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Fort save on hit.

    Damiar runs to her sister's aid, not paying enough attention to the rat which takes a nasty bite out of her ankle. Ignoring the pain, she rounds the corner and takes aim at one of the druids menacing Iovo, easily dropping the cultist. Green druid down.

    The last remaining druid, seeing the arrow that drops his ally, wheels around and charges Damiar, flecks of spittle flying as he screams gibberish about the end of the world!

    Shillelagh club vs. Damiar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11

    -----------

    Initiative!

  • Phinellippa
  • Shieara
  • Rees
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • - Red druid
  • - Red companion
  • - White rat minion -3hp
  • - Black rat minion
  • - Purple rat minion
  • - Orange rat minion
  • Iovo
  • Damiar
  • - Blue druid -6hp
  • - Blue companion
  • - Yellow druid
  • - Yellow companion
  • - Green druid
  • - Green companion

    Phinellippa, Shieara, Rees, Garif, and Nico may act.

  • Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

    "Ewwww!" Damiar attempts to shake off the bite. "It bit me. Kill it for me, Nico!"

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Seeing Damiar facing off against one of the mad druids, Garif points at the druid and says, "Nico, attack!" Waiting a moment for the cat to move out of the way, Garif then loads another magic slingstone and sends it hurling toward the white rat!

    Free action to command Nico, move to load sling, standard to shoot at rat, who's no longer in melee.

    Sling attack, magic stone: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Nico rushes to Damiar's side and bites at the last druid standing!

    Move into position (provoking if it's still got an AoO), bite at Blue.

    Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Not sure if we're still Inspired - if we are, add +1 to attack and damage rolls.
    Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    "Would I fail to inspire you, Nico? After how long we've adventured side by side?" Damiar asks.

    Yep, inspire courage is still up!

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Garif and Nico finish off the last of the disgusting patrol, and peace returns to the area. I'll move us along tomorrow **looks at clock** later today.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    You find little of interest on the ragged, disgusting cultists or their mangy friends. You suspect that the more wild of the dire rats were likely carrying some sort of disease, but at least so far Damiar does not seem to be feeling any ill effects from the bite she received, other than the pain of the wound itself (you have time to heal yourself up if you’d like).

    Approaching the northern end of the prison (I’ve added a map of the prison and surrounding area, currently on slide 2), you find that some large holding pens built into the northern wall of the keep have been completely rusted through, the bars crumbling away, allowing you access from this side into the passageways within the thick walls. An outer corridor built into the walls themselves contains staircases leading up to ramparts, while the inner corridor has doors leading deeper into the prison.

    Map updated. Where to?

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Garif considers the available options and says, "Something tells me we're going to end up going deeper down once we get inside this place. So how about we head up those stairs and then make our way down? Start at the top and all."

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    "Well, now that th' welcomin' committee's been taken care of, which way do we wanna go?" Shieara whispers as she considers their options. "Mebbe check th' lay of th' land from th' wall first? Make sure there's no more surprises 'fore we head in?"

    *edit*

    "Yeah, what Garif said!"

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Heading up the stairs here you find defensive ramparts, currently unoccupied. You don't see any more cultists about the north side of the prison, and the sounds of battle from the southern side seem to have died down. Not much to see up here.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Iovo wanders over to southern rusted pen, examining it.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The southern pen, like the other two, looks like it was once used as a holding station for new prisoners, as they were processed. The iron bars on both sides have badly corroded and crumbled away, as have most of the manacles, chains, and anchors set into the wall.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    "You'd think if you actually wanted to imprison someone, you'd keep the place up," Garif mutters as he considers the poor state of every bit of iron in these cells. "Unless something has rusted these at an accelerated rate somehow. Isn't there some sort of monster that does that? The warriors of my clan always spoke of such a thing with great horror, at the thought that it could rust their fine weapons."

    Gesturing to Nico to come along, he says, "Anyway, shall we proceed? How about we go through Iovo's cell there, and around to the left?"

    I drew a couple of arrows on the map to make clear what route I have in mind.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Iovo happily follows along, bow at ready.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Following the inner corridor around to the left, Garif finds several heavy wooden doors leading inwards, one of which has been smashed open. Broken furniture litters the room within: parts of a stool, a modest writing table battered in twain, and several smashed chairs sprawl across the keep’s wooden floor. Staircases lead both up and down in each of the northern corners of the room.

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    "Huh. They trashed this place pretty good," Shieara remarks as she follows along behind the others and peers into the large room ahead. Though they've yet to run into anything or anyone else she keeps her longspear at the ready.

    "More stairs up but I reckon we'd wanna finish lookin' around down here first," she adds. Should it seem that everyone is at least in agreement on proceeding into the room, Shieara will do so and carefully have a look around.

    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
    ______________

    And of course if someone wishes to scout ahead first then Shie will wait patiently~

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    To be clear, Garif is not likely to be in the lead as we advance, I'm just advancing the narrative.

    As the party moves into the room, Garif joins in the search and remarks, "I agree, Shie. Let's see if there's anything of use in this wreckage, then check upstairs."

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Well, I hope I find something with that!

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Lead by Garif and Shieara, you quickly search through the wreckage of this room, finding little of interest. Glancing at the rooms upstairs, you find them in a similar state with nothing of interest.

    From here there's a large double door heading south, and stairs going down in each northern corner.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    While the others are searching the room, Iovo goes to check the double doors for any traps and determine if they are locked.

    Door Procedure:

    Door procedure, when not rushed.

    At each door, check for sounds or traps. Take 10 then roll twice.
    Perception: 10 + 8 = 18 +1 to detect traps
    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 +1 to detect traps
    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 +1 to detect traps

    If trapped, try to disarm it. Take 10 then if needed roll up to twice.
    Disable Device: 10 + 12 = 22
    Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
    Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
    At this point if nothing blew up, I would like a chance to evaluate things.

    If it is locked and there is only one obvious way forward, try to unlock it.
    Disable Device: 10 + 12 = 22
    Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
    Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
    At this point I would take 20 to unlock.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    While Garif and Shieara are checking upstairs, Iovo goes to look over the large doors to the south. Looking over it carefully she finds no traps or other dangers. It doesn't seem to be locked, and she doesn't hear any indications of activity on the other side.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    She waits for the others, then opens the doors and steps to the side when they are ready.

    Moved people to just before the doors since that seems the obvious place they would be.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar has her bow out and ready as Iovo opens the door.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Iovo pushes open the door, revealing a small antechamber leading to a larger yard, open to the sky. Two smaller doors lead to the east and west, obviously connecting to the corridor you were in earlier. Rusted iron flakes dust the ground around a series of thick gates on the far side. Within the keep’s yard, four derro corpses surround an insectile quadruped. Countless barbed crossbow bolts penetrate the strange beast’s hide, and where its head should be, thick ichors moisten the ground around two separated feathered antennae.

    What is it? Knowledge (Dungeoneering):
    DC 13:
    Spoiler:
    This is a dead rust monster.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

    Iovo whispers "I don't think Krieghton ever taught me about these... ...or I wasn't paying attention that day. Nope, better to claim they were never part of the lesson plan!

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    "Ugh, what th' heck is it?" Shieara grimaces as she moves up to the doors to peer into the room beyond. "Whatever it is, it's ugly as sin! I left my good stompin' boots back at th' Grand Lodge so I hope there ain't anymore runnin' around in here."

    Assuming that nothing comes to accost them after having opened the door and that no one else wishes to scout ahead first, Shieara will cautiously move into the open courtyard, eyes peeled for trouble.

    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Knowledge (dungeroneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

    "Keep your distance, everyone! It's a deceased rust monster!"

    Liberty's Edge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    Shieara immediately takes a step away from the insectile corpse, even if she happens to be on the other side of the room.

    "That thing Garif was talkin' 'bout that eats metal? Nope, no, uh-uh, no way, no thank you sir, I ain't goin' near it, don't care if it's dead!"

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Looking around at all the rusted metal, Iovo asks “So who would have released such a creature to destroy all this metal?

    Looking towards Phinellippa, she asks “Can it still rust metal now that it is dead? Or are you concerned it is just faking it?

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    "Who would have released it? Someone who wanted to get through those gates, I should think."

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    GM Screen:

    Initiative:
    Damiar init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
    Iovo init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
    Phinellippa init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
    Rees init*: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
    Sheiara init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
    Garif init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Nico init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
    EE init: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

    As if in answer, the corpse littering the yard begin to shake. Suddenly, the rust monster's body is thrown aside as a large, stony creature erupts from the ground beneath it!

    What could it be?! Knowledge (planes):
    DC 10:
    Spoiler:
    This is, of course, a large earth elemental. It can effortlessly glide through the earth, and it is resistant to physical damage.

    Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • Nico Delay for instructions.
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • - ?
  • Phinellippa
  • Shieara
  • Garif

    Damiar, Iovo, and Rees may act.

  • Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Ninja'd! I'll leave my post up, particularly because I find it funny that I asked about the scary elemental on the map, which Dennnis must have just unveiled moments ago.

    Full disclosure: my rust monster guess was just that, and mostly meant as a joke since they can cause even powerful melee characters to run away squealing.

    "Well, that was a lucky guess, wasn't it?" Garif says thoughtfully. "It's interesting to consider how this creature might increase the oxidation rate of the iron present in the bars, and presumably in weapons and such as well. I wonder what sort of effects it would have on hematite or another iron ore? Since much hematite is a silvery-black color, would it turn it red? I supposed it would depend on the richness of the ore - meaning the proportion of iron relative to the oxides already present, of course..."

    Suspecting that he may have lost the thread of the discussion, Garif lays a rough-skinned hand on Nico's broad head and gives the cat a scratch, while thinking back on what the others have been saying. "Yes, Damiar, I think you're right," he eventually comes up with, "I think someone released it to rust through all the bars and let a lot of prisoners out at once. Fairly clever, actually."

    DM - is the large earth elemental on the map significant in any way?

    Fellow Pathfinders - we still have stairs up and down (or maybe just down?) from the previous room that we have not checked.

    Dark Archive

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

    "It's a large earth elemental! You can't flank it, and it can glide through the earth! I wonder if Garif could talk to it nicely?"

    Inspire Courage +1 to attack and damage

    ♫ Singing I love rockin' souls
    So let's rev up for another fight time, baby
    I love rockin' souls
    So come and take the time
    To fight with me, oh ♫

    Source: "I love Rock n' Roll" by Joan Jett

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Can’t flank it? That doesn’t seem fair!” Iovo proclaims in a petulant voice.

    Iovo shoots at it and then moves over near Shieara so there is room for others.
    Attack w/bow, inspire courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24
    Damage w/bow, inspire courage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    Sneak Attack if they are affected — think they are immune: 1d6 ⇒ 1

    It gets an AoO if it has combat reflexes or isn’t flat footed.

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    So... not talking to it nicely, then.

    Rees hesitates for a moment, wondering if the creature is even hostile. Moving up in front of Phinellippa, he bites his lip in a distinctly human gesture, and takes up a defensive stance. Total defense.

    Btw, I really hope that ginormous earth elemental on the left isn't waiting for us in the unexplored area...

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    You'll just have to wait and see, won't you? :P

    Damiar begins to sing as Rees takes a defensive stance and Nico waits for instructions. Iovo, meanwhile, moves around the creature and takes aim, hitting it squarely in the side. Her arrow seems to do much less damage than expected, however, not least because the creature doesn't seem to have any vital spots. No precision damage, and DR as well.

    The creature roars and swings a massive, stony fist at the approaching Rees, seeming to sense his location from the ground. The elf is prepared, however, and is just barely able to dodge the blow. Total defense takes you up to AC 20, right?

    Slam, earth mastery, power attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 19
    Damage, earth mastery, power attack: 2d6 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 19

    ---------

    Initiative!

  • Damiar
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • - Earth Elemental
  • Phinellippa
  • Shieara
  • Garif
  • Nico

    Whole party may act.

  • Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17 (15 w/ no armor + Mage Armor), T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 3/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions: Divine Favor, Mage Armor

    "So...how d'you kill one'a these things??" Shieara asks as she cautiously takes a step forward and attempts to jab at the elemental with her longspear.

    Attack vs. Elemental (Longspear; IC): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
    Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 36/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 0/1 | Conditions: Mage Armor, Invisible

    Seeing how ineffective her arrow was, Iovo steps behind Shieara and touch’s her shoulder. “Shift slightly to the right on the next attack.

    Diviner’s Fortune: +1 Insight: You can touch any creature as a standard action to give it an insight bonus on all of its attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws equal to 1/2 your wizard level (minimum +1) for 1 round.

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 24/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa casts magic missile again, but her own this time.

    pew pew!: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 = 5

    She steps to the side.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    "You kill them by hitting hard!" Damiar continues to inspire courage. "Or using magic, like Phinnie just did."

    Long Bow + I.C.+PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 22
    Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    "Oh, I don't like the look of this." Garif says. "Why would the earth wish to attack us? Well, if we kill it by hitting it hard, I guess this is the best thing to do..." As he speaks, he lays a hand on Nico's jaw and sends a burst of natural power into it, then says, "Nico, attack!"

    As the great cat bounds forward, Garif loads another of his magic stones into his sling.

    Standard action to cast magic fang on Nico's bite attack, free action to command, move action to load sling with magic stone.


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Nico leaps into position at the elemental's side and takes a bite out of its stony leg!

    Move into position, attempting to avoid AoO, then bite.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

    Bite, MF, Inspired: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 24
    Damage, MF, Inspired: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7

    This is going to take a while without a hard-hitting melee type in the party. And with a very hard-hitting melee type as an opponent.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Nico nimbly dodges the creature's opportunistic attack as he moves into position.

    AoO slam vs. Nico, earth mastery, power attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 18
    Damage, earth mastery, power attack: 2d6 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 22

    Nico spits out gravel after tearing off a small piece of the stony creature's hide, while Shieara's spear slides harmlessly away. Damiar lands an expert shot, but only Phinellippa's magic seems to have the full desired effect.

    Rees may act.

    2,501 to 2,550 of 2,984 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.