Second Darkness beer and pretzles

Game Master drbuzzard

Second Darkness converted to PF with gestalt rogues.

map


6,501 to 6,550 of 6,572 << first < prev | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | next > last >>

HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

waiting for the GM post stating its an ioun torch and that he just wanted to see who'd be the lucky character to go swimming in "muck" for it


Male Human Gestalt Bloodrager/Rogue 14 || HP: 125/130 (181/186 w/rage), AC: 29 (27 w/rage [31 w/shield]) (FF: 26 T: 16)|| Init: +7, Fort: +18 (+22 w/rage) Ref: +17 Will: +15 (+18 w/rage) || Per: +20

Can I take ten for an average portapotty search? 30 if so. 32 if Sir Wiggly is allowed to help.


Ulthar dives in with enthusiasm, and digs around on the poo pile. Eventually he turns up a sword and a wand.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

spellcraft: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24
spellcraft: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (20) + 23 = 43


You figure out the wand is of stoneskin. You think the sword is pointy.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 94/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Do any of us even use a sword?

Silver Crusade

Resources:
ki 3/4, channels left 3/11
HP 100/101, AC 34/T 18/F 29, Init +4, Perc +21/+7 traps/darkvision, Fort +16, Ref +19, Will +18, CMB +12/29, Speed 35/climb 20
Active:
Greater Invisibility (14 rounds); Haste

"That wand is not on my spell list but I could activate it just fine with my use magic device skills."

"I could use this sword if I could figure out what it is."

Spellcraft sword: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26 It is kind of pointy.

"We can always try again tomorrow."


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 94/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"Great. Use that wand on me before I do something stupid." Marckus requests politely.
"Now, back to the other door where I can find something stupid to do." He also suggests politely.


You continue to the south.

This partially collapsed chamber seems to be a nesting chamber of some sort, judging by the ten cramped pallets of mud and leathery fragments and slop that sit on the floor. A trapdoor sits in the ceiling fifteen feet above, but there seems to be no easy way to reach it.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41
dd: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (16) + 27 = 43

Sileth flies up to the trap door, checks it for traps and tries opening it


The trapdoor up is not trapped (other than in the name). It leads to another of the ruins above, which is empty.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 94/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

How long has Sileth been able to just... fly?


Since he got his fairy wings.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

For quite some time now. It's just that he's usually hovering behind you so you haven't really paid attention I guess

Sileth lowers a rope to the mundane pedestrians


Just to save time, you are heading out of the area you need to explore. It's an empty ruin upstairs. You can go there and twiddle your thumbs if you like, but accomplishing anything up there is not possible.

There is another door leading south if you didn't check the map.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

Sileth looks up through the trap door, thinks about lowering a rope to the pedestrians below, takes another look...Nothing to see here folks, move along and flies back down, leading the group to the unexplored south door


We'll take it as you simply head south (there are other options, but this is easiest.

You head through some tunnels towards the south.

Strange candlelight lights a room decorated with crude clay jars and exotic gourds. A few large, flat stones hold sticks, bones, and small rocks, and a pile of brown, cloth-like mats rests folded in a corner.

There's a unarmed charda in here who, when you enter begins talking to you rather than trying to attack. Does anyone speak aquan?


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 94/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

I think of myself as an exotic gourd.
I do not speak Aquan. My common isn't even that good.

Silver Crusade

Resources:
ki 3/4, channels left 3/11
HP 100/101, AC 34/T 18/F 29, Init +4, Perc +21/+7 traps/darkvision, Fort +16, Ref +19, Will +18, CMB +12/29, Speed 35/climb 20
Active:
Greater Invisibility (14 rounds); Haste

I speak: Common, Elven, Gnome, and Undercommon. I try a little of each language. But I might be able to get the gist of the message if we don't share a common tongue.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Do I really know it is a Charda right off the bat? They normally speak Aklo and Undercommon not Aquan. Not that I know the real difference between Aklo and Aquan, but I should be able to communicate with it.


It is a charda, but for some reason the module says it speaks aquan.

If you have tongues or something...


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

This should be my department as the int based character of the group however this brilliant characters stupid player neglected to put any ranks into linguistics

Silver Crusade

Resources:
ki 3/4, channels left 3/11
HP 100/101, AC 34/T 18/F 29, Init +4, Perc +21/+7 traps/darkvision, Fort +16, Ref +19, Will +18, CMB +12/29, Speed 35/climb 20
Active:
Greater Invisibility (14 rounds); Haste

No Comprehend or Tongues for me. I haven't seen a magic scroll store in a long while and I would normally pick those up to carry around for just such a case. Also not a lot of gold to spend on them either even if we did find a store. It's been slim pickings out here in the underdark never never land.


OK, undercommon works.

As you enter she asks of you "What new sacrifice the Unblinking Scales must offer up to the Blood Witch?"


I know the idea of dialog instead of being a murder hobo is scary, but I'm sure you guys are up to it.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

Rather than the normal volley of arrows or a simple f@#$ off Sileth will start off politely I'm sorry we didn't bring anything... Normally I'd bring wine to a dinner party, but we came a long way to get here. I'm hoping our presence is gift enough


"Why do you taunt me so? You minions of the drow hag are cruel. What more do you demand of our tribe this time?"


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

drow minions?! Woah I didn't start off insulting you... I apologized for not bringing wine. And for the record, we're NOT drow minions


"Then what in all the nine hells are you doing here surface clinger?"


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

we're here to bust a magic glyph in the rotstone hollows... I hope we're in the right place


"You are in opposition to the dark witch? When you are our saviors. They have left a rough brute here cowing my tribe and guarding the glyph. I would help you free my tribe. "


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

what foul drow minion is guarding the glyph?


Male Human Gestalt Bloodrager/Rogue 14 || HP: 125/130 (181/186 w/rage), AC: 29 (27 w/rage [31 w/shield]) (FF: 26 T: 16)|| Init: +7, Fort: +18 (+22 w/rage) Ref: +17 Will: +15 (+18 w/rage) || Per: +20

"We're the best brutes around in fact."


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 94/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

" 'Brute' would be the nicest thing anyone's ever called me."
"But I think the brute is the other guy in this case. Not that I speak Aquan."

Silver Crusade

Resources:
ki 3/4, channels left 3/11
HP 100/101, AC 34/T 18/F 29, Init +4, Perc +21/+7 traps/darkvision, Fort +16, Ref +19, Will +18, CMB +12/29, Speed 35/climb 20
Active:
Greater Invisibility (14 rounds); Haste

"Can you tell us more about this rough one? Is he at your camp now? If we can help rid you of him, will you're tribe no hinder our efforts here and possibly even help us?"


Male Human Gestalt Bloodrager/Rogue 14 || HP: 125/130 (181/186 w/rage), AC: 29 (27 w/rage [31 w/shield]) (FF: 26 T: 16)|| Init: +7, Fort: +18 (+22 w/rage) Ref: +17 Will: +15 (+18 w/rage) || Per: +20
Marckus wrote:

" 'Brute' would be the nicest thing anyone's ever called me."

"But I think the brute is the other guy in this case. Not that I speak Aquan."

"Speak what?"


Actually she's speaking undercommon (since there's no reason for her to speak aquan and none of you speak it).

"He's one of those troglodytes, but a very accomplished one, and always has his cronies. "

further description will come when your lazy GM gets back to his computer with the module on it


Male Human Gestalt Bloodrager/Rogue 14 || HP: 125/130 (181/186 w/rage), AC: 29 (27 w/rage [31 w/shield]) (FF: 26 T: 16)|| Init: +7, Fort: +18 (+22 w/rage) Ref: +17 Will: +15 (+18 w/rage) || Per: +20

I fight him.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 94/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

I've always appreciated Ulthar's detailed and nuanced approach to life's challenges.


"He guards our nest, to keep us in line and has the aid of a few nether spawn. I would not take them lightly. "


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

know: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Local (Int)____+23{+14rank,+6Int, +3Class}
Arcana(Int)____+23{14+rank,+6Int, +3Class}
Dungeoneering (Int)____+23{+14rank,+6Int, +3Class}
Nature(Int)____+20{+14rank,+6Int}
Planes (Int)____+23{14+rank,+6Int, +3Class}
Religion(Int)____+20{+14rank,+6Int}

What are nether spawn Dr... Resistances etc


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 94/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

When we're ready I'll prep with Enlarge Person and Lead Blades. Stoneskin might be cool too if that wand was any good.


Male Human Gestalt Bloodrager/Rogue 14 || HP: 125/130 (181/186 w/rage), AC: 29 (27 w/rage [31 w/shield]) (FF: 26 T: 16)|| Init: +7, Fort: +18 (+22 w/rage) Ref: +17 Will: +15 (+18 w/rage) || Per: +20

Ulthar can and will use the Stoneskin wand for himself and Markus along with anyone else who suspects to be punched in the near future.


Male Human Gestalt Bloodrager/Rogue 14 || HP: 125/130 (181/186 w/rage), AC: 29 (27 w/rage [31 w/shield]) (FF: 26 T: 16)|| Init: +7, Fort: +18 (+22 w/rage) Ref: +17 Will: +15 (+18 w/rage) || Per: +20

Ulthar fights the awkward christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa pause.


Yeah, sorry, been lazy. Lady, after you actually question her says the two demons are human sized black things with claws and you work it out to be babau. However they are wearing armor and wielding weapons.

And some day I may even get off my duff and stat them up.

(encounter as written wouldn't last a round against you lot).


Ok, lazy GM got less lazy baddies are statted. You are informed that there's trog boss and 2 babau lackeys in the egg chamber.

As the boss lady of the locals is on your side, she will describe the layout. The egg chamber is Q12.

Make your preparations.

Silver Crusade

Resources:
ki 3/4, channels left 3/11
HP 100/101, AC 34/T 18/F 29, Init +4, Perc +21/+7 traps/darkvision, Fort +16, Ref +19, Will +18, CMB +12/29, Speed 35/climb 20
Active:
Greater Invisibility (14 rounds); Haste

Asking the boss lady.
"I wonder where a safe place to take a long rest would be."
Letting the rest of the team know.
"I'm seeing if she can recommend any place for us to rest and recover spells, I'm a bit depleted with all of this continuous fighting."

Before we go into the egg chamber, I'm going to cast two spells on the team in preparation: Communal Protection from Evil and Prayer

I never really get to use the low level spell slots for anything useful.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 94/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

I think buzzard said if we rest the world ends or something.
Sounds a lot like my old boss.


She will let you rest in their caverns once you knock off this baddie. In fact she will place he tribe in your debt as lackeys (non fighting) to guide you around in this area.

While there is some time crunch, you do have time to rest. Wasting time isn't a good idea, but not to the extent that you can't take a break when needed.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 12/13

Resting sounds good. Will make our way to the big fight after that....Fully expecting to be betrayed by our supposed ally...drow and their friends being tricksy and all


Well you need to fight the guy here, and clear a couple more wards, then it's the big fight. This is a middling fight.

Which means it will still hurt.

If you have prep in mind, do it and then administer the whupass.

6,501 to 6,550 of 6,572 << first < prev | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.