Second Darkness beer and pretzles

Game Master drbuzzard

Second Darkness converted to PF with gestalt rogues.

map


151 to 200 of 6,523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 stabalize Stable


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 10/13

Active effects: Shield, AC now=21

no more magic missles? the mage is out of juice..good Gotta take care of this thug in front first. Then the mage is MINE

per the map thug 2 is now in front of Sileth

using Spell Combat he casts Daze @#2 and then shoots him with an arrow

bab +5, -2spell combat, +1magus enhancement, +1PBS
arrow: 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Daze DC13:

Daze

School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level bard 0, inquisitor 0, magus 0, shaman 0, sorcerer/wizard 0, summoner/unchained summoner 0, witch 0

CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (a pinch of wool or similar substance)

EFFECT
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one humanoid creature of 4 HD or less
Duration 1 round
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION
This spell clouds the mind of a humanoid creature with 4 or fewer Hit Dice so that it takes no actions. Humanoids of 5 or more HD are not affected. A dazed subject is not stunned, so attackers get no special advantage against it. After a creature has been dazed by this spell, it is immune to the effects of this spell for 1 minute.

Dazed Condition: The creature is unable to act normally. A dazed creature can take no actions, but has no penalty to AC.


will save: 1d20 ⇒ 3 dazed


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea continues to take a really good nap. The occasional nap is healthy.


1 attacks Markus
to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 19 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 non lethal
2 is dazed
4 and 7 attack Kronug
to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 2 miss
to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 7 miss

Singer move to attack the no longer hiding Hyder
to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 13 miss

Wizard shoots another force bolt at Sileth.
to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 10 miss

PCs are up.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Huzzah! Agaibst all odds, the kellid remains fighting
Kronug graciously dodges the attacks...
Attacking 7
Power Falcata: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
But fails to connect his own.
"Arg! Stop moving and accept your fate, dogs!" and he falls ko as the rage that fuels hims run out of power.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 10/13

using Spell Combat he casts Daze DC13@the Singer and then shoots #2 with an arrow

bab +5, -2spell combat, +1magus enhancement, +1PBS

  Arrow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Damage : 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

-Posted with Wayfinder


Good the fine dwarf still seems to still be with us. Hyder quickly checks the dwarfs for signs of life, and saying a quick prayer heals some of his wounds, "There, that should get you back in the fight."

move action and standard action cast spell, Hyder will channel energy as soon as were our of this fight

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

that's just terrible
edit:apparently Hyder is going to have to tumble past the lady
tumble: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Dear Lord, the dice are not with us. We are not going to survive the initial encounter of book #1. What are we going to do IF we make it to book #6.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus takes a hit and returns with his own swing.
Unarmed: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 = 16, non-lethal: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
demoralize: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
don't forget the shaken penalties

-Posted with Wayfinder


Markus drops his target. The guy hit you with a 19 on the die and your AC is 16. Shaken is only -2.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Which is why I didn't say 'you forgot the shaken penalties'.
Perhaps it would be more to the point to say 'I hope this demoralize business pays off'.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus wakes up, grabs his weapon and stands

At 1 hp


Sileth missed with his arrow.

Singer takes an AOO on standing dwarf.

to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 17 hit damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 and down goes dwarf

2 attacks Sileth

to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 15 miss

4 and 7 move and attack Hyder

to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 18 hit damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 non lethal

to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 11 miss

wizard tries yet another force bolt at Sileth.

to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 6 miss

PCs are up (well those that are still up).


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 10/13

Active effects: Shield, AC now=21

using Spell Combat he casts Daze DC13@ #4 and then shoots #2 with an arrow

bab +5, -2spell combat, +1magus enhancement, +1PBS

Arrow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

and shoots him right in the gut

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Okey, trying not to die

Stabilize: 1d20 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 3 = 3
Oh Crom.


#2 goes down.


I don't know what the to hit bonus" is for the thugs, so just in case, Hyder's armor is 20 because of 'underfoot'

why you bloody bugger, Hyder wipes a little blood from his mouth, and looks up at the thug that hit him, "Why'd ya hit me? I haven't done anything!" grasping his walking stick firmly, he swings at the one who hit him. He then steps back hoping to not get surrounded.

attack: walking stick: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 for damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Three of us still stand and three enemy remain? GO GO WALKING STICK!


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus moves in to engage the wizardly-looking fellow, figuring an easy K.O. He draws his ax along the way.
Double move, going for broke!


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus, is furious again and he smashes the one right in front of him

Dorn DergarRage/PA: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 = 18 for 1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 3 = 17


Actually Dwarfus was knocked out by a bard.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

oops missed it. well that is what dwarfus dreams of doing


Sorry, forgot how many of you folks are down.

A person surrounded by what looks like bouncers enters into the main hall through a door, and the thieves panic and make a run for it. Withdrawal actions by all. Looks like they can all make a break for the front doors without provoking.

Combat over.

There is one hell of a tumult as the crowd stands up and starts trying to exit and those roughed up or robbed by the thugs (some of this was going on) demand recompense.

Vancaskerkin (the owner) announces that people will be redeemed 110% on their chip value, but that is all he can do. The crowd realizing this is the best they are likely to get, queues up for their returns and quiets down. Many of the employees also seem to be getting gone, quitting on the spot.

Casino employees tend to any injured PCs, getting then conscious again. You are asked if you are willing to meet with Vancaskerkin who wants to thank you for your intervention.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug comes back to the land of the living with a big headache and desire to crush more thugs. Realizing that the combat is over he stands up and accepts the employees invitation to meet Vancaskerkin.

His barbarian pride is a bit harmed :'( "


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Bahahaha. Now that is how you gamble!! So what was that game called!


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 10/13

Sileth agrees to stay and meet with Vancaskerkin. While waiting he finds the halfing who healed him.

"thanks again for the healing. . The Mages missiles packed quite a punch. . Without your help I'd still be laying on the ground "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea wakes up and sees the healers standing over him. He mutters to himself,
Some soldier I turned out to be.
Looking around at the chaos. He then joins the others.
Who were those guys? I hope I run into them again. Feel like there is definitely some unfinished business.

After getting the invitation he looks around at the thieves.
Not sure why he wants to talk to me. Not like I did much intervening in that.

Can we check the bodies of the thieves for clues or possibly some free loot?


You can loot the bodies. Keep in mind that we are using ABP at the advanced level, so there will be no magic items in your loot. See here for those rules. Remember you are on the table at +2 to your level (so everyone has a +1 resistance bonus right now).

Each thug had:
4 daggers
7 GP
short bow
rapier.

You dropped 6 thugs, so that makes divvying it up pretty easy as there are 6 of you.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea assist in passing out the items evenly with the rest of the "interveners".
Perhaps we can sell some of this stuff we don't want after we meet with the owner of this place.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

forgot about that progression. Love it.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

I guess I was not paying attention. Just to be clear, I have a +1 spell resistance right now?


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus nods and smiles as he receives the invitation. He accepts it with extreme pride.

-Posted with Wayfinder


drbuzzard wrote:
A person surrounded by what looks like bouncers enters into the main hall through a door, and the thieves panic and make a run for it.

Hyder stepping back from the thugs waving his stick threateningly, having his back turned to the door that Vancasderkin and friends enters through, seeing the thugs leave, Hyder calls out. "That's right, you better run! I have a stick and I know how to use it!" Standing up a little straighter he looks around for more wounded. 'Now where was I' Turning to help the wounded he realizes that the owner and his muscle were the ones the thugs were running from, shrugging his shoulders "Oh well" listening to the announcement.

He accepts the "gear" from the big guy with the shield and follows the others to the meeting with Vancaskerkin.


The owner introduces himself as Saul Vancaskerkin. He's a middle aged man with one hand replaced by a hook.

After you are seated in his office and provided with libations, he explains his background.

Saul Vancaskerkin introduces himself as a former, retired gang leader from the old days of Riddleport, but states matter-of-factly that his life of crime was far from lucrative and in fact cost him his health, his fortune, his family, and his left hand. With his wife dead, his sons exiled, and much of his fortune gone, he took what meager funds he could scrape together and was eventually able to purchase the Gold Goblin, a once-famous gambling hall that had fallen on hard times. He presents himself as too old to relocate or return to a life of crime, and has tried to turn the Gold Goblin into a modestly profitable business venture. Here, he sighs, and confesses that although he no longer considers himself a part of Riddleport’s crime scene, he still has enemies among the city’s criminals who would love to see him ruined. Despite his attempts to “go legit,” he still lives under the ever-present shadow of retribution.

Saul goes on to say that he recognized Angvar as the leader of a group of street toughs he has seen around the casino before. He knows that Angvar and his one-eyed trollop have contracted out to most of the other crimelords in the past, mainly for protection rackets and strong-arm jobs. Saul has considered throwing himself at the mercy of Clegg Zincher or one of the other crime bosses for protection, but is loathe to re-enter that world. It is this situation that prompted him to approach the PCs for aid— with their help, he hopes to avoid further backsliding into his old ways.

Vancaskerkin states that he is impressed with your abilities and believes you are just the folks ho can turn around his fortunes. To this end, he offers the you all a job as specialists and junior partners in the Gold Goblin. He explains that you would work directly for him and assist in the day-to-day running of the establishment, serving as dealers, bouncers, croupiers, or greeters as the roles befit their personalities and skills—but that these roles would in fact be covers for the actual services they’ll provide Saul as bodyguards, messengers, and consultants. Each PC will be paid a regular salary of 10 gp a week as well as a cut of the gambling hall’s weekly profits.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"What kind of cut can we expect? That'll make the difference to me." Marckus explains. He stands tall and muscled, still bearing a bruise from the thug's sap across his shoulder and arm. His arms are crossed and his face is plastered with a self-assured grin. "If it's a good cut, I'm in."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug remains quiet as the man explains his lifestory then speaks in a booming voice "I can feel the pain in your words, for I am Kronug the Kellid and I know of pain." he tends his hand to Saul "If there's profit, vengeance, redemption and the possibility of action you can count on me."


"Right now you folks just get the mentioned salary. Considering the casino is losing money, that's a better deal than a cut. When we get things back on an even keel, we can then determine a cut. "


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

How much beer do I get for free? Dwarfus asks seriously


"Free beer for a dwarf? Are you insane? I have to stay in business. "


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

4 beers per thug bounced. he counters


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"I'm in. I'll stick around if you make good on your promise of a cut." Marckus says smugly. He then turns to the dwarf.
"Hey, weren't you that unconscious guy I heard yelling when things first went down? You looked pretty bad. Glad to see someone was able to save you."

-Posted with Wayfinder


"So if no thugs show up you're not going to drink at all? Anyway, 4 per seems a bit high. "


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

I'll buy em if there are no thugs! Fine 3 beers and a piece of bread.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Bah I put down a bunch of em while you was blnd


"I'm quite certain you put down a lot of beers. But I can't really afford to pay you more than the listed GP salary value since we're losing money right now. I will charge you ale against that, but at my cost. "


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

*snicker*

-Posted with Wayfinder


Hyder follows the establishment owner into his office, climbing up into one of the leather backed armchairs, listening to the proposition. 'Ten gold a week regular pays sounds like a good deal, that will go a long way for my retirement fund. hearing the conversation turn to beer. Beer,the Dwarf is haggling about beer, well each to his own. Hyder waits for Vancaskerkin to offer alcohol at cost and then interjects. "I'm going to assume alcohol at cost is for everyone. I'm willing to take that deal, with the ten gold a week, as long as I have time to take care of a few other responsibilities. I work as a "cutman" for Clegg down at "Zincher’s Arena." As long as I can take care of the occasional fighter for him, we should be able to come to an arrangement."


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus frowns but something tells him that if he doesn't take the deal he will literally disappear. Weird.

Bah fine.


To Hyder "As long as there is someone to cover your shift, and you are available for special duties, that will be fine. "

151 to 200 of 6,523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.