Second Darkness beer and pretzles

Game Master drbuzzard

Second Darkness converted to PF with gestalt rogues.

map


451 to 500 of 6,459 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

"You found what? I never saw him! Someone planted that! I've been set up!"


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 sm

hmmm. Then why didn't ya talk Toni's when we wanted to talk


You don't think he's lying.

"My job is to collect on loans. You didn't want to talk about that. You wanted to talk about something I didn't know anything about. I just do my job. "


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

seems like a poor choice now doesn't it. I think he is telling the truth


"You wouldn't have believed me anyway. "


Hyder scratches his head, "You said "They pick it up every day" and it's just "your job to collect." So, Who picks it up and who do you work for. I would like to know who would benefit from Saul not being able to pay his bills."

After Sneed answers his questions, Hyder turns to the team and asks; "So what are we going to do with Sneed and his gear? Also we may need to consider that the cloak was a plant. As a matter of fact it may have been Feldin himself who thrashed his own house and planted the cloak. We need to go there and gather more information. Then we decide if were talking to Sneed's employer."


"I'm just a front for Boss Croat. He has his men pick up the money every day. I don't understand why you think I know squat about Saul. I also don't know how Saul not paying me off makes it harder for him to pay his bills. "


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

I agree with Hyder, we should go to Larur's house and look for clues. As for his weapons, he doesn't get those back, I don't want him getting ideas of revenge against us and come looking for trouble. Were keeping the money too. I don't want him buying weapons. As of today, he is out of a job.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Do we need a book keeper at the club?


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

"If we believe him...Then we can't blame him for defending himself. We already killed his pets and trashed his place. That's bad enough. Now we're gonna add stealing his valuables and weaponry to the bill.

Look...I'm no holier than thou Paladin but if we leave him alive and like this we'll have made a mortal enemy of Smeed and likely Boss Croat as well. That's bad for business. We'll be fightin off Croats Thugs while trying to find out what happened to Larur. That means a whole nother set of enemies added to the one's we already got (the robbers, whoever did Larur) we keep on going like this it'll be the whole town soon.

Smeed's in the business. He know how things go down some times. We give him his stuff back (coin today, weapons once we see he and Croats Thugs haven't declared war on us ) and maybe this misunderstanding can go away.

Otherwise we leave him alive like this...then war's on"


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

He's done anyhow. No one is gonna trust him to safeguard their money. He works for us or he can go jump in the harbor.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

I like the idea of him working for us but that decision belongs to Saul. What Sileth is saying makes a lot of sense. However, he brought this on himself. This whole thing could have been avoided had he just opened his mouth and talked to us at the door. I'm no expert in business but you should be able to hold a discussion for Cayden's sake. Does the group agree? Give him back all the money now and the weapons later?


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

No. The money is ours, the weapon are ours. Period. He should've opened his mouth. Thats what happens when you are difficult. The only payment he gets is not being dead, and a new job if he wants it.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus steps in to help settle the dispute. "The money is Saul's, let's not forget. And he chose to pay it back. But it's not here, and it's not with Saul. We'll take this guy back to Saul, along with his stuff, and we go looking for the man and the money. Saul can put this guy to work or have us handle things. But that's his call, not yours, or yours, or mine." He says, stabbing an accusing finger at the air towards the others. "We're not paid to think. Best not to step outside our pay grade and risk making trouble for everyone."


'not paid to think? where does that fit in? Hyder looks at Marckus oddly, shrugging his shoulders, 'Saul sent us to find out what happened to Feldin, not rough up his loan-sharks lapdog. Then make matters worse by bringing him to Saul for keeping. We made this decision without him, not really fair to put it back on him after we bollixed it up."

Hyder stops and looks at the crew "We don't have enough information yet. If Sneed is involved with what happened to Feldin we should come back and finish what we started. If his employer is involved at all, Sneed should forfeit his equipment and the cash. If neither he nor his employer is at fault, we give him back his stuff, and Saul's next payment on time. That's my two cents worth."

Hyder stops and looks at Sneed, "I don't think taking him back to the 'golden goblin' is the answer. That will put Saul in a compromising situation, he didn't tell us to come rough up Sneed. I say we leave him hear. if he's involved, he will be smart and leave town. If he and his employer are innocent we give him his stuff back."


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Need to keep this thing going. Trying to find a compromise.
It sounds like the consensus is keep him alive and leave him here. I will give him his valuables back but not his weapons. Penalty for using them on us instead of talking. My Halfling friend is right, if you had anything to do with Feldin's disappearance leave town or we will be coming back for you.
With that, Nivea reaches into his pack and drops the cigars, necklace, and belt pouch into his lap.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Yep, Nivea is right. I'm having a blast, so let's keep this show going!

"Then what? cries the mighty kellid "We go back to work without knowing about our friend? Maybe this dog doesn't know about his disappearance... but I bet yer ass that he knows of people who would want us ruined and dead. Am I right, dog?"


"People who want you ruined and dead? I don't know. I guess people hate Saul, and since you work for him, they probably don't like you. Saul doesn't have a very good reputation around town you know. Picking a better partner might have served you well. Look, you can keep my crap if you just let me live. I'm gonna clear out of town if you do. I'll take my chances elsewhere, maybe Corvosa. "


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Ah a touch o'cowardis is a nice icing on top of your poor choice and incompetence layer cake.


'so on we go.' Hyder shrugs his shoulders and begins walking to the door, "So its on to Feldin's place yeah?"

As they go Hyder will keep a keen eye out for anything that might be out of the ordinary.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarf us nods and stays by Hyders side

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 percep

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

As they go to Feldin's place Kronug says Hyde "What if all of this was staged by that gorilla from the other day? The one that left the snakes." he is a bit concerned "He knows we are Saul's squad, maybe he orchestrated all of this... maybe teying to lure ous out!"


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"Then I guess we'd better make sure we know how to handle ourselves." Marckus responds gruffly, following the others.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

"yup... Know how to handle ourselves and make sure we aren't being manipulated...alright.. On to Feldins ".

-Posted with Wayfinder


You head to Feldin's place. The door is closed, but not locked.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus checks for traps that some enterprising rogue might have left behind as a "welcome" gift.
Perception (traps): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Perception (traps): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Perception (traps): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


You are unable to find any traps.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus pulls out Delilah at the full range, and pops some Barbarian Chew in his mouth

Open it!


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"Hello!" Marckus says cheerfully as he pops the door and sweeps in boisterously.

-Posted with Wayfinder


You open the door to reveal a complete mess. The place has been stripped of anything of value. The only stuff which remains is furniture which has been slashed open in search of valuables. This is just the main floor. There are stairs going up.


Well they were looking for something! resisting the urge to state the obvious, Hyder begins looking around for any clues as to what the searchers were looking for or any clues they may have left behind.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


You find nothing of interest or value.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug draws his iron and heads for the stairs "Let's check upstairs.. but I don't like what I see. This is bad news, by Crom!"


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus bounds up the stairs


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus watches the door.

-Posted with Wayfinder


The two thugs tromp upstairs to find more of the same mess. There's a couple rooms which are trashed. The only thing which is a bit different is that in what was evidently the bedroom, there is a torn up mattress on the floor. Upon the mattress is a disheveled looking man in ratty clothes snoring soundly.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38
Sneed wrote:
"People who want you ruined and dead? I don't know. I guess people hate Saul, and since you work for him, they probably don't like you. Saul doesn't have a very good reputation around town you know. Picking a better partner might have served you well. Look, you can keep my crap if you just let me live. I'm gonna clear out of town if you do. I'll take my chances elsewhere, maybe Corvosa. "

Nivea reaches down and takes back the valuables that he dropped in his lap and puts them back into his sack.

Well, fine then.

Nivea then follows his friends to Feldin's place.

Nivea follows Dwarfus and Kronug up the stairs with sword drawn and shield in a protective position. Seeing the man sleeping on the torn mattress he whispers to his friends,
Let's take him alive. He may know where Feldin is.
He places the point of his blade near the man's throat and then kicks him to wake him up.


'not a blasted thing down here.' Searching downstairs while Marcus watches the door and others head upstairs; Hyder, finding nothing, motions to Marcus that he is heading upstairs. He toddles up the stairs just in time to see and hear Nivea, sword drawn, kick the sleeping man, while the others deal with the sleeper, Hyder takes a quick look about.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Nothing interesting upstairs either.

It takes a few kicks to wake the wino from his drunken stupor. He is barely coherent.

"Whu? Huh? Lemme sleep!"


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea looks at his partners and shrugs his shoulders. Nivea lightly pokes him with his sword. Not enough to do damage, just enough to be a major annoyance.
Hey! Wakey wakey! Today maybe the worst day of your life.


"Hey! What you doing stabbing me? I didn't hurt nobody! Just let me go back to sleep. " he still sounds quite groggy. He radiates a piquant odor combining highlights of old sweaty sock and used chamber pot, but that is something of an undertone compared to the reek of cheap wine.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

WAKE UP NOW!

Dwarfus roars as he slams the steel ball on to the floor near the man


"Waaagh! What is wrong with your people? Can't you just let a drunk sleep it off?" but he sounds more awake now. Of course he still smells so pretty.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

"Of course we can, gentleman. JUST NOT IN THE BED OF OUR DISAPPEARED FRIEND!" Cries the barbarian as he grabs the hobo by the neck with his mighty hand "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

INTIMIDATEEEEE: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus takes note of the yelling and, taking one last glance out the door, heads upstairs to see who his companions are intent on murdering next.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Apparently you scared the piss out of him, and that aroma seems to come to the fore.

'I'm old Jack. I'm just sleeping like I said. The door was open, and the place was a mess, but there was a soft place to sleep out off the street so I used it. I didn do nuttin!"


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Let's try a different strategy.
Nivea reaches into his money purse and produces a gold piece. He holds it up for Jack to see while being held by Kronug.
Tell ya what Jack. See this here? It's yours if you can help us out here. You live on these streets and I'm sure you have seen a thing or two. We are looking for our friend, he is the owner of this house and he has gone missing. He goes by the name of Feldin. He works at the Golden Goblin. Here is the deal. I am going to give you this coin now. Later, if you have more information for me, I will give you a second coin. Of course, if the information doesn't check out, I give you to my pals here and let them rough you up for a minute. You either get coin or a beating, the choice is yours. How does that sound?


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

I like it


"Uhh, good I guess. I'm not really sober that much you know. I think I remember the guy who used to live here, but it's all pretty hazy. "


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Okay, so tell us what you do know! Or, I take my money and then my large friend gets really angry.

451 to 500 of 6,459 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.