Second Darkness beer and pretzles

Game Master drbuzzard

Second Darkness converted to PF with gestalt rogues.

map


201 to 250 of 6,523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

'Don't know about the rest of these blokes but that's good enough for me.' Smiling as he jumps up from the chair, walking around the desk to shake the mans one good hand. "Then we have an accord, when do you want me to start, and I will arrange for someone to be here when there is a fight going on."


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 10/13

"Count me in."


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus shrugs his consent.

-Posted with Wayfinder


He pulls out a coin purse and pays you all an advance on the week's salary, and says "Ok, for now you are basically the casino staff since the rest all quit. I can get servers, but you folks will be the bouncers and doormen. "

"When I have special duties for you, I will let you know. "

He waves you back out his door on to your jobs.

The jobs are actually fairly boring for the most part. Your presence in armor bearing weapons does a lot to diffuse rowdy feeling among patrons.

The next night on duty there is some hubbub. A pack of drunks come in as a group and start getting loud about how they had been ripped off the other night during Cheat the Devil. There's six of them close together and they seem to be fighting drunk.

Keep in mind, killing them makes more mess and you being staff get to clean it up.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug walks from the door over them and speaks in a calm and low voice, but high enough for them all to hear clearly.
"I'm Kronug the Kellid, part of the staff of the Golden Goblin. I'm a bartender, bouncer and problem solver." he points to Dwarfus "That dwarf there is Dwarfus, partner of mine. Now, what will you be... clients that I say goodbye at the end of the night or problems that I should solve nonlethally but most surely with a load of pain?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Staying close enough to pay attention to the six customers as they get drunk and start to grumble, Hyder notices the large Kellid approach them, shaking his head. He's going to get the furniture broken for sure. As he crosses the room Hyder calls on his strange oracle power, casting guidance and enhance diplomacy. Walking between Kronug and the drunks, winking at the big man as he begins to speak. "What my business partner here is trying to say is we all lost money; customers and the Golden Goblin. That's what happens when criminals break in. We appreciate you business and hope you come back soon but you've had enough to drink and it's time to go home!"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

"The silver tongued halfling is better at talking than me, but we mean the same: we dont want no problems tonight. Let us part ways without broken egos or noses, it's the wisest thing to do."


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 10/13

Sileth stands silently behind the large Kellid and the silver-tongued Halfling ready to back them up if need be


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus pulls out one of the saps from the poor saps he killed and moves near the thuglets


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38
Vancaskerkin wrote:
Vancaskerkin states that he is impressed with your abilities and believes you are just the folks ho can turn around his fortunes. To this end, he offers the you all a job as specialists and junior partners in the Gold Goblin. He explains that you would work directly for him and assist in the day-to-day running of the establishment, serving as dealers, bouncers, croupiers, or greeters as the roles befit their personalities and skills—but that these roles would in fact be covers for the actual services they’ll provide Saul as bodyguards, messengers, and consultants. Each PC will be paid a regular salary of 10 gp a week as well as a cut of the gambling hall’s weekly profits.

Nivea looks about and decides that this place/town looks as good as any to hide in and accepts the job.

Later, when the 'problem causers' walk in he sees Dwarfus about to knock them out. He gently lays his hand on Dwarfus weapon arm and says,
Hold, friend Dwarfus, Hyder seems to have this situation well in hand. Let's not act to rashly. Let's hear him out.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus watches patiently, waiting to see if the others are capable of sorting it out, or if he'll have to do the heavy lifting, as usual.


One of the drunks looks scared, but the group in general remains unconvinced by the halfling's arguments.

intimidate is easier than diplomacy.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus rolls his eyes as the others fail to dissuade the rowdy drunks. He walks up and clears his throat to get everyone's attention, then crosses his arms and flexes to demonstrate his size and strength.
"Who wants to be the first to get knocked out? Raise your hand. Who'll it be, hm?" He says gruffly.
Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 10/13

Sileth readies an action to cast Daze if someone is foolish enough to raise their hand


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus moves forward next to marcus with the sap at the ready

Please raise yer hand


Guess they want it the hard way. Hyder turns from the six customers, talking over his shoulder as he begins to move the furniture back, pushing one barstool away from the men, clearing space. "Well, you boys want to do it the hard way, that's ok too, I'm built for easy, so I'm getting out of the way." Turning and looking at the six men, spitting, quietly casting guidance and enhance diplomacy intimidate "But these five fella's like to do it the hard way too," pointing at his five business partners. Looking back to the customers, "But you boys decide, leave on your own or we help ya. No sweat off my nose."

aid another: intimidate: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 3 = 12 that should make Marckus' 24 now 26 right?


Now here we have an issue. Apparently, only one of you can really intimidate, while there are six targets (and diplomacy vs. hostile is too tough). They are not going to stand around until you scare them all, so you might as well just roll initiative.

One of the thugs is tired of all the posturing and pulls out his sap.
thug init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 10/13

init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Well, so much for that.
Nivea looks at Dwarfus,
Looks like I was wrong. Go for it.
initative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Nivea pulls his blade and lifts up his shield.


Seeing Nivea pull a blade, Hyder yells, "Hey we can't get blood all over everything, and if we kill all the customers we won't have any!" as he draws a sap.

init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

On phone but I'm sure I go before one of em

Dwarfus roars and swings his sap in a rage

1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 1 = 12 for 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11 non lethal


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

vs flat-footed AC too, so you *might* actually hit
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Where is everyone getting the saps? Is it assumed we got them off the bodies from before?
Nivea searches for a sap he must have left on his belt, smiling at Hyder he says,so knocking them out and leaving them in the alley is going to make them want to come back?


Hyder Purchases the sap as part of original gear

'Doesn't this guy know anything about good business principles?' Hyder, looking for the best position to flank the drunken customers, rolls his eyes at Nivea's question. "It's not these six were keeping. It's everyone else that would stop coming here if they heard we killed folks for wanting to be in a bar-fight!"


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea looks up at the ceiling for a minute and then shrugs his shoulders.
That makes sense.
He then sheaths his sword but keeps his shield up.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

I got beaten down with a sap in the first fight so I assumed I have one as well after the fight.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

[Ooc]If the DM allows us to have bought a sap or something like that during these days Kronug bought a pair of brass knuckles and a sap. . [/b]


You were able to loot the thugs from the original encounter, so you have saps if you decided not to sell them. I didn't see any mention of selling so...

Dwarfus knocks one out in a single love tap.


Order

Round 1
Dwarf gone
Nivea
Kronug
Marckus
Drunks
Sileth
Hyder


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 10/13

Trying to avoid a killing strike Sileth shoots the nearest drunk in the leg and casts Daze DC13

"Sorry buddy...if you're gonna be dumb ...ya better be tough"

using Spell Combat (-2 to hit) and Point Blank Shot
arrow#1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

and casts Daze DC13 at his target


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea runs up to one of the drunks and attempts a Shield Bash with his heavy wooden shield.
shield bash: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Nivea looks sheepishly at Hyder.
Well! At least I didn't use my sword!


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus focuses on his footwork a bit as he goes in for a hard right cross.
Martial Flex: Dodge
Unarmed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13, Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Forgot to mention, I am at -2 to my AC until my next turn. My AC is now 17.


will save: 1d20 ⇒ 4 fail -dazed

Nivea hits his, and leaves him wobbling.

Marcus knocks his out in a single blow (I assume assume nonlethal since you have the option).

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug howls "Let's get the party started!" and enters a rage like state

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Damn


not so much


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Oh yes, non-lethal. Otherwise I'd be using my ax.


The wobbly one takes a swing at Nivea

to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 15 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 and immediately collapses.

The rest, seeing themselves well outnumbered now with most of their buddies already in heaps on the floor drop their saps and eagerly give up.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"Come back when yer ready to gamble with yer money!" Marckus says as he shoos them out.
Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


One of them is actually bleeding out at the moment.


Hyder, seeing them give up quickly. glares at Sileth, as he walks over to the wounded man, mumbling under his breath"Arrows in the casino, the carpet cleaning cost can come out of his cut." Walking up to the wounded man, he kicks the drunk customer in the leg, "Stop your bellyaching, you guy's started it, I tried to warn you, everybody gather round, I have a knack for healing." pulling the arrow out, rather roughly, focusing on his oracle gift he channels energy. Seeing the wound heal enough that the man could get home, he glares at the man. "That will leave a scar, but your in good enough shape to get home, so I recommend you get there." Then glaring at Sileth again he adds, "And you can clean up this bloody mess, shooting a bow at a paying customer in an enclosed space, what were you thinking? We'll never get this sinking ship righted if were spending our money on new carpets, waiting for customers who never show because their afraid they'll be shot!"

positive energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 130/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"Hey, that guy wasn't a paying customer, and that was a good shot, you have to admit." Marckus says with a gesture towards Sileth.


Actually it was the shield bash which left someone bleeding out.

But the people do recover, and get up and leave without a word, but scared looks in their eyes.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea holds his arms out like "what did I do?" and then begins to wave off Hyder's criticism.

Come now my friend. Let me buy you a drink. It's not like were running the place. We are just being paid to guard it. Besides, like you said, they should have listened to you. Perhaps they will let the other idiots know that this is not the place to cause problems. Sends a message. I'm sure Vancaskerskin has a maid that will clean up the blood. I'll go see if I can find one.

Nivea heads off towards the area that would house a janitor. Hey, can I get someone out here to clean up this blood!?

Maybe areas #12 or #10?


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus wanders over and slams down an ale


shooting a bow in the building how Gauche. Hyder looking around the establishment, making sure no other customers wanted to cause a problem.

Satisfied that things had calmed down, Hyder winks at Marcus then motioning for the others to join them he replies to Nivea smiling, "A drink would be soothing. Nice shield bash by the way, did you see the mans face just before he went out cold. You may have rattled his brain. "

Stopping and looking at Marcus, "And that was quite a right cross, I believe you knocked that bums tooth out, have you considered fighting professionally? I know a guy."


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

And what am I? Goblin liver? Dwarfus calls to Hyder


Hyder, goes behind the bar and pours himself a pint, he then sits down beside the dwarf,"You had a sap, of course you were going to knock the man out. You did good, but there is something about the old one-two, Maybe that's why I like being a cutman for the fights. It's about the "art" of pugilism, not just beating a man senseless with a lead-lined sap." Lifting his pint he adds "To a job well done."


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Yea well. If I used ole Delilah you would be scraping brains off the ceiling now wouldn't ya?

201 to 250 of 6,523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.