Second Darkness beer and pretzles

Game Master drbuzzard

Second Darkness converted to PF with gestalt rogues.

map


301 to 350 of 6,464 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

now I'm just a dwarf, but I suspect we probably need more than just this. It's gonna be a big undertaking to take him down. We probably wanna be sure


Assuming you did decide to see Saul before you run off on a rampage.

He meets you in his office and you present your evidence.

"Ahh, must have been Clegg, yes. He's responsible for my being called 'Lefty' at the moment. While I appreciate your enthusiasm to taking him down, he's probably more than you can handle at the moment, and I'd just as soon not lose such useful associates as yourselves right now. Best to just let it stew, and he'll get his in due course. No harm done really right?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

the VERY intelligent Sileth arrives in the room as the last snake is killed.

He listens to the discussion about the meaning of the note and silently falls in behind Hyder Hyder??? who names their kid Hyder as they go looking for Saul


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Okay, so I guess we will just continue to hang out here and mind the store? Is there anything else we should be doing in town? Seeing the sights in Riddleport perhaps? Still would like to get a piece of the bandit who blinded me and then knocked me unconscious.


"That would be the best idea. Just stick around. If you want to hunt down revenge on your own time, feel free, but I have to imagine they are running for the hills by now. "


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

"Ok Saul...Back to business as usual. But we'll keep an eye out for any more mischief from Clegg"


"That sounds like a plan. "


Hyder shakes his head as they go back to work. "Well I can promise you my days of working as a cutman for Clegg are over, or my name isn't Hyder Troseddol"


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea looks over at Hyder. Puts you in an interesting spot my small friend. But I don't doubt your honesty.


Hyder Shrugs, "I was doing it for the money and cause I liked to watch the fights." He looks around at the rest of the crew and smiles "Seems like I'll get plenty of that here." then he quips, "And from what I've seen you guys will be doing good if all you need is a 'cutman' looks like you need a full blown medic most of the time."


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 92/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus wonders what the others are up to with the snake business and decides to check it out once the crowd is sufficiently refocused on gambling.

"What was all that about? Let's get back to our jobs, eh fellas?" he says impatiently to the others.

-Posted with Wayfinder


The week goes on with little in the way of events. Midway through the next week Saul approaches you in the morning and states that the floor manager Larur Feldin has apparently gone missing. The last Saul knew, Feldin was going to stop by the office of a local moneylender to pay off a chunk of debt that Saul owed. When Larur didn’t show up for work this morning, Saul sent a runner to Larur’s apartment only to discover that his one-bedroom flat was empty—the front door hanging open and its contents burgled, with no sign of Larur at all. Saul fears that Larur might have met with some sort of trouble, and suspects that trouble might have something to do with Lymas Smeed, the moneylender Larur was going to visit. He requests that you look into it.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

do we like Feldin?


You haven't had any issues with him.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

"Let's pay a visit to that vulture called Lymas!"


Vancaskerkin gives you directions to Lymas Smeed’s townhouse on Rat Street, and advises that you begin your search for Feldin there.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

"Well off to see Smeed on Rat Street we go"


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Before heading off, Nivea asks Saul a quick question.
Saul, what can you tell us of this Smeed? Why do you believe he had something to do with it?
Anyone have Sense Motive as a skill?


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 92/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"And who's going to watch the place while we're out? Could be some kind of set-up." Marckus says, eyes darting back and forth suspiciously.


'Not good old Feldin, now staff is coming up missing, this needs to stop before someone else gets hurt.' Listening carefully Hyder finally asks, "So do we know if he was jumped before or after he went to the money lenders? Guess the only way to find out is if the money lender acts like we still owe him. Also it probably wouldn't hurt to check old Feldin's place for clues."


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus grabs Delilah and nods, ready to roll.


To Marckus "I do have some other people for security as well. I'm sure we can spare you during the day when it isn't busy. "

to Hyder "I really have no idea what happened to him. I only have my suspicions. That's what I want you folks to find out. "

You head down to a townhouse crammed in among the tenements on Rat Street in a rundown section of Riddlepor which is Smeed's domicile.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

"We're here. How do you want to handle this? Knock, be civil and ask politely or burst in like a bunch of barbarians? ...No offense Kronug"


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 92/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"Let's knock. We're not... well, we're not all..." Marckus glances awkwardly at Kronug, "Let's just knock."


You knock on the door, and a viewing portal opens.

A portly face, with jowls and a patchy beard peers through.

"Oh, Saul sent his thugs. Well go away unless you have the money he owes me!"


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

"Thugs? We're no Thugs!... Tell him we're no thugs Hyder " thinking that the least physically imposing and most charismatic one of the group will have better luck with this than he will

-Posted with Wayfinder


I hate these peep holes never at the right height, ok time to talk, need to stay focused' Hyder, using he odd oracle power he casts guidance and enhanced diplomacy "Mr. Smeed, you are Mr. Lymas Smeed, correct? We have come to inquire about the circumstances of your payment, and the staff that was sent to pay you, May we come in and speak to you about the floor manager Larur Feldin we need to determine the particulars of the situation."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 3 = 22


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 92/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus looks back and forth incredulously, finally pointing an accusatory finger at Sileth.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug stares amused as their friends juggle with their words , but his expression shows the offense he felt when called thug "Kronug is no thug! Kronug is a barbarian! And I only want to know what happened to our friend Larur."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


"I've not seen Larur. Nobody has come to pay me what is due me. You can go back to Saul and tell him that if he sends his thugs again, he will owe me double!" and he slams the portal closed.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Well now, that puts us in a small bind, what do we do?

Nivea steps away from the door and examines the building looking for a way in or a clue as to what we should be doing.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Dang!


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Ya want thugs! We can give ya thugs! Dwarfus shouts and he unwinds Delilah.

Sense Motive on jerkus maximus there 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 92/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
"Well, we could always go check out the crime scene. Maybe someone left a trail."


'something isn't right here' looking at the door, then at his accomplices shrugging his shoulder, "we could do that, or we could continue talking to Smeed here." nodding his head toward the door. "We tried it the easy way, he wants thugs we could give him thugs."

aid another: sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

that should make Markus' Sense Motive 24, if we get a couple of points more we might figure something out, then maybe break down a door and thrash a loan shark.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug measures the vulture words Aid Another Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


You sense that he is hostile to you, but not lying. Of course it could just be he is a better liar than you can detect.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Whenever it is appropriate, Nivea continues to search around the outside of the building.
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


involved or not, this one needs taken down a notch or two. Hyder turns to the group shrugging his shoulder as he asks "Do you boys want to break his door down and rough him up now? Or do you want to go to Feldin's house and look around then come back here and rough him up?"


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 92/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"Moneylenders don't mess around. This guy is probably backed by some big muscle. Best to come back after dark." Marckus concludes.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Bah lets go check the house first. Maybe he got jumped there


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

"yeah I second that. We can always come back here after searching his place"


Before you leave Nivea pokes around the building. Near the back door is a pile of barrels and old crates containing refuse and garbage. Hidden among that is a green cloak trimmed in sable—Larur Feldin’s cloak, instantly recognizable by the party. The cloak itself is slashed and bloodstained. The blood is still fairly fresh.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Well I think a little more conversation is in order.

Dwarfus slams the door several times and pops some barbarian chew on his mouth for the blood red teeth effect


Muffled through the door "Go away you damned thugs or you'll get yours!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug draws his broadsword and whispers to Dwarfus "As soon as he answers we get angry and kick the door over him. We'll get answers from this traitorous dog."


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 92/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus looks for a less direct entry point into the building, such as a window.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


There are windows on the second floor, but only the front and back doors on the ground floor.


Hyder smiles as Marckus looks at other entry ports. "We can pick the lock, if we do we may want to leave a guard at the other door so he doesn't escape. Or we can just kick both doors in, three to a side."


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Lets smash in the front door. If he runs we will find him. Something tells me that splitting the party is not the smartest thing. He says as a bizarre look takes his face, almost like an omnipotent being took him over for a second.

He stands ready to smash the door.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea stands at the door. No doubt now this guy knows something. Let's see what he has to say now.

Nivea takes the cloak and holds it up to the door port so Smeed can see it, Hey Smeed, you say you haven't see Larur, then maybe you can explain this!

301 to 350 of 6,464 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.