Second Darkness beer and pretzles

Game Master drbuzzard

Second Darkness converted to PF with gestalt rogues.

map


251 to 300 of 6,457 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Hyder smiles, tipping his stein to the dwarf, "I have not doubt! and some of us appreciate the restraint!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronig sits at the bar angry and sad "Give me a beer, Hyder. I'm angry and my ancestors are disappointed!" he looks to Nivea and tries to smile "But you, you gave them some shield to think about. Good job."


Hyder hops down off of his chair and going to the other side of the bar he grabs the largest stein he can find, filling it with the houses finest lager, carrying the huge stein over with both hands he lifts it up onto the bar, "Don't worry about it Kronug, there will be other times to impress your ancestors tossing drunks out. Who knows maybe we will get word on where the thugs came from and then we can take off the 'kid gloves' and put those sharp weapons to work. I think a little pay back would be worth the wait."

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

I've just decided that Kronug wants to learn punching better.

Kronug smiles to the halfling "You small people know what to say always, eh? I appreciate it, Hyder." he then leans over to Marckus and whispers "Can you teach me how to punch things better? I don't think these filthy saps suit me."


Kronug the Kellid wrote:

I've just decided that Kronug wants to learn punching better.

Kronug smiles to the halfling "You small people know what to say always, eh? I appreciate it, Hyder." he then leans over to Marckus and whispers "Can you teach me how to punch things better? I don't think these filthy saps suit me."

Conan was a puncher!


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Drbuzzard, whenever it is appropriate Nivea would like to run to a store in Riddleport and sell the rapier and short bow we received off those goons in the beginning.

Hyder wrote:
Who knows maybe we will get word on where the thugs came from and then we can take off the 'kid gloves' and put those sharp weapons to work. I think a little pay back would be worth the wait."

Nivea returns to the bar and overhears the conversation. I agree, I would like a little payback for getting blinded and then forcing me to take a nap. Perhaps a visit to the weapon smith in this town would help us to turn up who Angvar is and where we can find him. We could also sell some of this gear we took off of them. Put a little more coin in the pocket.


You have mostly downtime in your current job since the Casino is really only busy at night. If you have things to do during the day, feel free to do them.


A couple more ho-hum days pass (you did any shopping/selling you needed) then during your evening shift Saul gathers the PCs and leads them up onto the catwalks (there are catwalks above the casino floor so you can keep an eye out for cheaters and whatnot).

He points out a bulky man with short hair playing at a Golem table and tells the PCs to keep their eye on him. Most of the other customers are giving him a wide berth and keeping an eye on him as well, and the man’s croupier seems particularly nervous. Saul goes on to explain that the man is none other Clegg Zincher one of Riddleport’s crimelords and Saul’s greatest competitors.

Clegg isn’t known as a gambler, so he must be here either to send a message to Saul or for some other reason. Saul has no intention of removing the man from the premises, but wants the PCs to watch him and try to determine what
he’s doing here.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

Sileth settles comfortably in a dark corner of the catwalk... Sharp eyes focused on Clegg

-Posted with Wayfinder


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus gets an ale and sits at a table next to him


making a small assumption that Clegg would recognize Hyders's name since I unintentionally put Clegg in Hyders background.

Why would Clegg be here, this ha nothing to do with fights. recognizing Clegg from Zincher’s Arena Hyder, Before they leave the catwalk goes to Marckus "Hey Markus, Clegg runs fights down at Zincher's Arena, you could get next to him asking about fights. Tell him you know me, I've done medical work for him."

Not wanting to draw attention to himself, Hyder begins talking to people trying to find out why the fight promoter would be at the 'Golden Goblin'

using his trait 'affable' Hyder starts to work the crowd.
hours: 1d4 ⇒ 4 so 2 hrs,
diplomacy: gather information: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21


You can't really find out why he's there, just that there's been a lot of bad blood between him and Saul.


drbuzzard wrote:
You can't really find out why he's there, just that there's been a lot of bad blood between him and Saul.

I figured it was a long shot, but wanted to give it a try.

While working the crowd Hyder keeps a keen eye on Clegg, after a couple of hours of getting a lot of nothing but 'there's bad blood between those two.' Hyder stops prying. 'What do you know, bad blood between gangsters, who'd of thunk it?'

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 must have got dust in his eye


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus makes a move for the table and joins play, keeping his bets small. He waits a minute before casually saying, "Whatever I lose here, I'll just make it back in the ring." and then boxing the air a bit.


He sees your gestures and sneers at the shadow boxing.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"What?" Marckus asks, looking incredulous. "I have skills, guy."


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

So, I can assume I got top dollar for the items I am wanting to sell. Does anyone on the streets have any information on Angvar that I could use?

Sileth has these rafters covered. I am going to where the action is.
Nivea makes his way down to the 1st floor and takes a position by the door where he can keep an eye on the street in case Zincher has reinforcements.


Things sell for 1/2 list value.


"I'm sure you do sonny, can I get back to my gambling now?" he replies to Marckus in a sarcastic tone.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"Yeah, sure guy, if that's what you're doing. Any luck at this table?" Marckus asks, counting some silvers.

-Posted with Wayfinder


He ignores you and continues to gamble for a little while. Then he leaves. After he leaves the bounces finds all your party and hands each of you 3 GP, which he said Clegg left as a tip.

Amid this, you hear a yell from the kitchen.


'A tip, how odd is was that?' hearing the yell from the kitchen Hyder quickly moves that direction to see what is going on,

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus pockets the gold and charges into the kitchen pulling Delilah


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea puts the "tip" in his pocket as well. Hearing the yell he pulls his sword and runs towards the kitchen also.
Is that #12?


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus, a bit superstitious, declines the tip. He hears the scream and moves to the catwalks to ensure business runs smoothly while the others investigate the disturbance.

-Posted with Wayfinder


the kitchen is room 12


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

Sileth silently scans the room from the catwalk while the others investigate

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug dashes after Dwarfus to check the kitchen, his hand ready to draw his broadsword.


Everyone who rushes into the kitchen sees a scullery boy, yelling his head off, running away from the scullery room. He keeps repeating "AIEEE!!! SNAKES!!"

On his heels are two large snakes which come slithering into the kitchen.

Initiative time.

init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

but the snakes are apparently chilling and in no hurry.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

It seems that nobody chills harder than Kronug!

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

initative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
When it is his turn, Nivea rushes at the first snake.
Snakes? Who let those in here?
long sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Look at these initiatives! This is probably the slowest to react combat ever


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

If Sileth is able to hear the scream of "SNAKES" he will rush down from the catwalk to help the others

init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

continuing the trend of poor init rolls


It is being yelled quite loudly and the kitchen door just did open, so you can hear it.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 init


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Snakes make me angry

1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 = 14 for 1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 3 = 17


The hygiene product hits a snake, while short stuff splats one completely.


init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

'snakes I hate snakes'Hyder, rushing into the kitchen, slows as he sees the snakes, assessing the situation he moves to the side of the snakes and attacks.

30 ft move, attacks with the hanbo

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

And Hyder does it too! I forgot to attack or something

Kronug stares at the snakes and when the surprise fades away jumps into action roaring!

He enters rage and if he can charge, he charges. If not he moves and attacks

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Dead snakes. Combat over.


Hyder looks around quickly to make sure there is no other threats, then turns and asks "So does this mean we are putting snake on the menu? Should someone go back out front to make sure this wasn't some form of distraction, while someone else figures out how these got in here."

He then goes to the back room 13 and checks that room as well as outside the back door.

perception for the kitchen: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
perception for the backroom: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
perception for outside the back door: 1d1 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

a message from what's-his-butt? Had us all watching him and his goons let out snakes?


Search of the scullery finds a scrap of paper under the tub where the snake was hidden. The scrap simply shows a crude drawing of Saul Vancaskerkin, now with both hands missing and a brief threat scribbled below: “Looking to go two for two, Saul? Pack up, get out of town, and you’ll be fine!”


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus continues watching the play area for signs of suspicious characters or activity.


The main casino floor is fairly tranquil considering the yelling. As there were still people watching, nobody tried to pull a fast one.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea sheaths his sword and then takes his turn reading the note,
Something seems odd here, I know I'm not as smart as Hyder but I wonder, why leave a note?

What do you guys think. Should we show it to Saul?

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Nivea, I shall take offense with that "as smart as Hyder"... Kronug is actually the smartest guy of the group xD

Kronug reads the note, then heads outside "We find Saul now and ask him for permission to smack somebody in very much need of it. You all comin'?"


Pretty sure Sileth would dispute that.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

If that's the path we are choosing then that sounds good to me.


'"Looking to go two for two, Saul?" is it as simple as the person he lost his hand too?' looking at Kronug, "I think talking to Saul is a very smart idea Kronug, "going two for two" could be a double meaning, competing a second time or a second fight if you were a fight promoter and loosing a second hand, we need to ask Saul if Clegg took his hand, and if not then who, and what their relationship to Clegg is."

Hyder follows behind the big Kellid and the shield warrior, smiling to himself he snarks "Look at the up side boys, these folks won't be paying customers. We can take the kid-gloves off and stop using the saps."

251 to 300 of 6,457 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.