Second Darkness beer and pretzles

Game Master drbuzzard

Second Darkness converted to PF with gestalt rogues.

map


351 to 400 of 6,459 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Smeed can't see it since he hasn't opened the hatch for looking.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug will try to smash the door open. If he can't he'll try to hack at it.

"If you don't come out and talk with get you out of that hole, snake! WAAAAAAGH!"

What do I have to roll and can Dwarfy and me help each other?


You can try to break the door with a strength check, aiding each other. Also you can attempt to break it down by damaging it with weapons. Your choice.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Choosing to hack the door. Kronug enters a rage then power attacks it.

To hit : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

I thought he could see through the "viewing portal". Oh well.
Nivea shrugs his shoulders and tosses the cloak he found to the side. Guess he isn't in the mood for talking. Maybe he is in the mood for dying.
Not sure how to aid Kronug in nocking down the door and I don't want to break my sword on a door. What is the door made of?


'hhhmmm, I wonder if the cloak will give up andy clues.'While the larger members of the crew bust down the door Hyder picks up the discarded cloak and carefully inspects it for secret pockets or obvious clews.

with your permission he will take 20 (27) searching the cloak for clues


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus frowns as his fellows begin attacking the door and speaking openly of murder.
"You know, that guy doesn't strike me as a killer. Maybe someone set him up to take him and us out of the picture? Maybe we should think about this..."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea turns to Marckus and whispers,Then what do you suggest? I agree that Riddleport probably has laws against this. I don't feel like hanging from a gallows but this guy is not willing to talk with us. Should we just return the cloak to Saul?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

"We could break in through a window after dark like civilized folk." Marckus whispers back.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

I get what your saying, but Larur could still be in there awaiting rescue. The blood on the cloak is an ominous sign that Larur may already be dead but we just don't know. Since he is unwilling to cooperate, or even speak with us, I feel like it forces our hand to act now. All we are doing is responding to the decisions he is making.


The door is made of oak, but Kronug seems to lay into it pretty effectively, hacking of shards of wood. It does survive his rather might blow though.

It does make something of a racket. As this is not a terribly good neighborhood, you're not overly concerned about immediate intervention by the watch, but the few people on the street do make themselves scarce.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Dwarfus smashes as well

Dorn DergarNon-Rage PA: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 1 = 17 for 1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 3 = 17


The door smashes into shards at the force of the steel ball's impact. This leads to an antechamber and another closed door (not as sturdy a door though. You see no sign of Smeed.

map is updated.

Don't assume this guy is a chump, or the encounter will be easy.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Prior to entering the room, Nivea looks about the room for traps.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Everyone check out the room before you enter. I don't want to get blinded again.


'well, we're in it now' Watching the dwarf smack the door with what looks like a ball and chain, Hyder tries to stay out of the way as splinters fly. Quickly ducking between Nivea's leg He pops in the doorway, "Let me take a look too!"

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

I still thing three of use could "open" the back door and we wouldn't be too thin.'


Nobody notices any traps.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

Kronug starts to walk in, carefully as to not get ambushed "Let's take a look inside. An exhaustive look!"


Hyder steps out of the way as the big human enters, he then ask, "Well since we started using the giant sized lock picks." pointing at the big mans sword smiling, "We may as well continue with the demonstration!"


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus looks for a wooden table to prop up in front of the doorway to make the missing door less obvious and to prevent any sudden entry of unwanted guests.
And to prevent you cowardly souls from running away.


There is a desk of sorts, but it doesn't really fit the doorway very well.


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea moves up to the next door and checks it for traps again.
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

If Nivea finds no traps in the door and floor around, Kronug will try to listen through the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Once that's covered he whispers to Dwarfus "Now at the same time, we bust down the door and enter carefully but swiftly to secure the place. That dog isn't escaping without answering!"


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

On three. THREE!

Dwarfus responds as he let's fly
Dorn DergarNon-Rage PA: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 1 = 17 for 1d10 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 3 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

"THREE!"
Falcata Non-Rage PA: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


The inner door breaks into shards in the face of the well timed blows. Inside stands Smeed, wielding a falchion. On either side he is flanked by a baboon.

Init time.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 evidently the shards of wood in his face took him aback.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 init

Baboons and surprised jerk wads make me angry!

Dorn DergarRage/PA: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 1 = 14 for 1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 3 = 12

He sends the ball straight into Smeed's chest

hmm someone should probably do some non-lethal to him...assuming I didnt just kill him


You smack into his chest quite soundly, an he grunts in pain, but doesn't flinch much.

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

"TELL US WHAT YOU DID TO LARUR! AAARG" yells the mighty kellid as he rushes to the man with his sword over his head.
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Falcata Raging PA: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

2/5 Round of Rage Spent


You miss.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

When you say "baboon"...
init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

-Posted with Wayfinder


The actual apes.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

Yur 'sposed to hit him...

Grand Lodge

Male Human(Kellid) ---- HP (98/126) RAGE HP(132/170) -- AC 24(22 or 19 Reckless) - T 14(11/8) - FF 22(20/17) -- F 14(18) - R 13- W 7 (10) -- CMD 28 -- Init +6 -- Perception +14 --Rage Rounds: 24/27 -- Rogue 11 // Barbarian(Invulnerable Rager) 11 -- FATIGUED [ ]
Temporary Effects:
21 NL damage

"I got distracted by these ugly things, darn them! For Crom sake!"


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

I wish I could do non-lethal...sounds like a job for the Brawler. Baboons? I gotta BAD feelin bout this. Lookin at the map. real crowded. I need to find another means of entering the building. Is there a window or something else some of us can bust through to gain entry?


Windows are all on the second floor. There is a door at the rear of the building, but that is the only other entry. It seemed to be equally sturdy as the one you broke down in the front.


HP 104/104 AC 31/ T 18/ FF 26/ F+15/ R+21/ W+15/CMD 18, Init +8, Perc +19, Arcane Pool 11/13

it's gonna take me too long to get to the 2nd floor. and I'm not a barbarian to smash the rear door down. It's to crowded for me to get in there. What can I do?

Sileth casts Daze DC13 at Smeed

Daze:

Daze

School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level bard 0, inquisitor 0, magus 0, shaman 0, sorcerer/wizard 0, summoner/unchained summoner 0, witch 0

CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (a pinch of wool or similar substance)

EFFECT
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one humanoid creature of 4 HD or less
Duration 1 round
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION
This spell clouds the mind of a humanoid creature with 4 or fewer Hit Dice so that it takes no actions. Humanoids of 5 or more HD are not affected. A dazed subject is not stunned, so attackers get no special advantage against it. After a creature has been dazed by this spell, it is immune to the effects of this spell for 1 minute.

Dazed Condition: The creature is unable to act normally. A dazed creature can take no actions, but has no penalty to AC.

edit: IF I can get a clear shot
using Spell Combat (-2 to hit) and Point Blank Shot
arrow#1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


The arrow misses.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

Marckus makes his way into the room, taking advantage of the man's unpreparedness and coming up behind him with a hard kick as he draws his ax and prepares for a counter-attack.
Unarmed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22, Nonlethal Damage + sneak: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (6) = 15
Demoralize: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Marckus lands a brutal kick to Smeed's back, and this time he does flinch. He doesn't waver though.


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

DM I forgot my 1d6 ⇒ 1 Sneak cause he was flatfooted. If you are willing to give it to me


go ahead


init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

'They can joke, they don't have to worry they don't have to worry obut getting squished.' Hyder rolls his eyes as the bigger crewmembers banter about, moving in behind the tough guys, Hyder slides behind Kronug, "watch out Kronug" tumbling past the man and baboon, "Got a ape to whack" and attacks him with his walking stick.

move, tumble, AC 20 if the baboon is med. size. attack hanbo, sneak attack
acrobats: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 for damage: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (5) = 6


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

don't forget Sneak


The peck tags him , yet the lard bucket still stands.


Half-Orc Brawler/Rogue 14 - HP: 38/130, AC: 32/T: 19/FF: 26 +Def.Arw. - INIT: +3, Percep: +20/27 <see in dark> F: +18-2/R: +19/W: +17 - CMB: +21 - CMD: 39, Speed: 30ft

You mean Dwarfus or the moneylender?

-Posted with Wayfinder


Good point, moneylender. (well both technically)


Male Human Gestalt Rogue/Shield Fighter 3 AC: 22; touch: 12; FF: 17; Fort: +5, Ref: +2; Will: +0; CMD: 19, Init: +6, Perception: +5, HP: 38

Nivea makes his way into the room.
initative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Drawing his sword and hefting shield he cuts loose at the Baboon to his right.
What in the world is this? A monkey? Die you ugly orange thing!
Longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
That has to be a hit. Not sure how to do critical damage on play by post.
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
x2 would be 20!


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

you have to roll the dice again, also don't forget your Sneak attack!


Nivea hacks down a baboon. PETA is going to be all over you.

The tubby money lender turns around and hacks at Marckus in retaliation.

to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 2 miss Rather annoying since I would likely have dropped you in one hit. Dice just don't like this guy

PCs are up


Vital:
HP 40(-)/50 AC 18/(-)12/16 CMD 17 (-) W+5, R+8, F+9 (-) +2 SLA, SR 12 Pois, Spell) rage 13/14 Init +4 Blackblood 3/3
Skills:
Appraise+9 Gambler+10 Percep+11 Surv+10, SoH+8, Intimidate+6, Local+6, SM+10
Rogue/Bloodrager (Untouchable/primalist )Blackblood Bloodline

hmmm we got some nonlethal on him right?

351 to 400 of 6,459 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.