Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,489 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

I suggest you give up, you're outnumbered, out magicked. surrender and you keep you life. it's illogical for you to keep fighting, my cold aura alone would kill you before you could any of us Ashling states out loud explaining with a robotic tone

diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

readied attack if she doesn't surrender:

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
cold aura: 1d6 ⇒ 3


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec was impressed by the woman. Outnumbered and surrounded, she fought on and despite his own efforts, he had not landed a blow on her.

Falcata, two-weapon fighting: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Shield bash, two-weapon fighting: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6
Bludgeoning damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


RoW Maps

surprisingly, even though she is abdly outmatched and hasn't been able to do much of anything to your group, the woman yells and desperately swings her sword again at Alec. before she can finish the motion she is struck down by the smallest member of the party, Ashling slicing deep with her scimitar.

the woman falls over and stops moving.

End of combat What do you do now?


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"What a pity..." Samuel looks around making sure there are no more enemies coming after the group, then enters the room.

"Have a look at her belongings. She might have something of use. Perhaps keys to the witch chambers" Meanwhile he does start to inspect the room.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

If nothing is found, Samuel moves to the eastern door.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix nods, whispering the words to Detect Magic before studying the woman and her gear.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia breathes a sigh of relief when the woman falls. She was growing concerned that she might have had to use magic that she was saving for Radosek on her.

She nods in approval as Callix and Samuel start to search the woman for valuables. She lends her own enchanted sight to look for magical auras amongst the Ulfen's belongings.

While she does that, she comments, "Well struck, Ashling. I think you were wounded, correct? Let's use a charge of the wand while we take a moment here, but we should continue to press on."


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

To much warriors pride... you could have lived.. foolish woman She gives a quiet prayer for the dead before addressing the party, I Would appreciate that, thank you


RoW Maps

Samuel looks around the room while Callix examines the body of the ulfen woman and Letitia helps heal some of Ashling's wounds

Samuel finds that the room is a well-stocked library. the books on the shelves cover various topics, including history, the great beyond, bestiaries on northern creatures and fey.
two tables have books open on them. one has several tomes discussing politics and geography of Taldor. one is open to specific information about the area around Heldren and the High Sentinels.
the other table has several books on history, focusing on the northern glacier region. one book is open to a page discussing a white dragon by the name of Auburphex. several passages are underlined.

examining the woman, there are a few magical auras coming from her equipment. Callix grabs what she can and lays it out for inspection. there are:
3 magical potion vials.
1 scroll
a magical cloak
a magical cylinder the size of a small scroll tube

she also has the following mundane gear:
dagger
mwk greatsword
mwk throwing axe
a key
65 gold

perception DC 15:

the cylinder taken from the woman's belongings looks almost exactly like one held by the guard captain who operated the ice crystal teleporter.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Spellcraft, cloak: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Spellcraft, cylinder: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Letitia doesn't bother with the potions, feeling time is of the essence. She studies the auras on the cloak and cylinder, then casts read magic to learn the scroll's magic.

"Let's move quickly, if we can."


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Auburphex... mmm... such a name" Samuel glances at the locations marked and tries to grab the most prominent maps "Why do you think the witch is interested in this marked down glacier?"

Samuel nods at Letitia. He quickly picks up everything and takes special note for the key, placing it in his belt pouch "This might help. Let's get us moving"
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

When the group is ready, the High Sentinel opens the eastern door.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia glances over the maps that Samuel showed her and she shakes her head. "Geography was always Lobelia's subject. I don't know, and I'm not going to bother with trying to study it now. I don't want our potions to wear off before we face Radosek. But taking the maps is wise. If we survive this, I'll look at them more closely."


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix picks up the throwing axe, testing its weight, then asks,"Anyone mind if I hold on to this -- for now, at least?"

She then takes a moment to study the potions while Letitia works on the other items.

Spellcraft (Potion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Spellcraft (Potion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Spellcraft (Potion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

She then turns her attention to the books, "Can't say I like the idea of a dragon... or how much information they have about Taldor and Heldren..". She quickly starts to scan the underlined passages, hoping to get an idea of what these folk are up to.


RoW Maps

Callix:

with a quick read it is difficult to determine what the reader(s) may have been looking for. the book on Taldor has no notes written donw or anythign to indicate what they were looking for. it appears to be a pretty dry accounting of the politics and factions of the region.

the book about the northern glaciers seems to have drawn interest specifically to this dragon that was named, withc passages underlined indicating that the dragon was an enemy of the witches and was defeated in battle by Lady Nazheena herself some years ago.

Letitia urges speed, but between her and Callix all of the items are easily identified.
the cloak is a cloak of resistance +1
the potions are 1 elixer of fire breath and 2 cure moderate wounds
the scroll is 'Magic Weapon'
the cylinder appears to be a key of sorts. it looks like one that was used by the guard to activate the ice teleport tiles. you know from your own knowledge of winter magic that these transporters can be keyed to any combination of pass-phrases, keys, or specific individuals. one key may activate one teleporter or multiple different ones.

Where do you head next?


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix looks up from the books, "This dragon was an enemy of the witches... That could be useful... though it makes me question why they're interested in it."

She shrugs, "Might be worth taking the books with us, too.."


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix looks up from the books, "This dragon was an enemy of the witches... That could be useful... though it makes me question why they're interested in it."

She shrugs, "Might be worth taking the books with us, too.."

She then points at the small door, "Shall we try that before heading back to the room we teleported to?"


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Oh yes some healing would be nice, thank you Letitia.. I suppose we should try the door


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Why? Perhaps they just want to invade Taldor and get the Kingdom into their control" the man looks at the large amount of piling up books "Are you serious? I am for destroying the portal to the woods, I don't see how carrying all that library will help us"

Without waiting to hear more Samuel just pushes open the door to the east.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia tucks away the scroll for later, while she offers the cloak to Alec. "Here. This cloak has protective magics woven within its threads. We should take advantage of what we find."

Here's the healing for Ashling
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"I agree with Samuel. If we have the opportunity to return after facing Radosek and stopping the portal, we should. The books may contain vital information. But let's press on."

She gets ready for when the gunman throws open the door.


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec nodded and offered a genuine smile as he accepted the cloak from Letitia.

With the others ready around the door, Alec stood next to Letitia, his shield and falcata at the ready.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix sighs, and spins the axe in her hand, He's opened the door, so there's no choice now... But heaven forbid we might learn more about their plans... At least the book with the highlighted passages would be useful.


RoW Maps

Samuel pushes the group to continue on by opening the next door, while Callix tries to convince them to take at least some of the books with them

Samuel and those standing next to him get a view of the next room. A long red carpet extends from the western doorway of a mirrored hall, passing between two ice sculptures of twin nymphs, ending at an open alcove to the east. pathways continue north and south, following the contour of the outer wall of the tower, and windows look out over the courtyard below.

looking around, you see no motion in this room, it appears empty. however, in the eastern alcove you can see the faint glow of another set of ice crystal teleport tiles.


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Mmm... strange. What are these nymphs doing here?" Samuel enters into the room and quickly examines the sculptures.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

If nothing is found, the Taldan advances to the doors to the North "This place is full of doors... we might want to rush through before the witches are informed and ready about our presence"
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia steps into the next room as soon as Samuel's relatively entrance indicates that there are no active threats within. She eyes the crystal teleport tiles with interest.

"We've got a key; we may have a means to go farther up into the tower with these tiles. Assuming we don't find Radosek on this floor, of course. We should continue to investigate these doors."

She wished there was some better, easier way to go straight to Radosek and eliminate him, but given the guards' statement that he was engaged in some sort of ritual, it was very likely that they'll only find him after a thorough exploration of the tower. She had to wonder if they would be able to push through the defenders with their current resources.

Always wary of traps and magical surprises designed to deal with uninvited guests, Letitia casts detect magic and studies the ice sculptures for signs of magical auras.


RoW Maps

Samuel does not spot anything particularly unique about the ice nymphs, other than the fact that they show no signs of melting. there is no indication of who the statues are meant to represent, and they may just be decorative.

Letitia detects magic coming from every direction in this room, including the statues. after some quick studying, though, it appears that it is just a spell keeping the ice walls and other ice-made things in the tower from melting away.

Samuel moves towards the next door. I moved everyone up behind him. the spot you were at Samuel was a mirror rather than a door, I moved you up to the doorway.

Samuel opens the door and finds a thin curved hallway. there is a closed door to the north and one to the south. along the north wall is yet another ice teleporter tile.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix sighs, "With all these teleporters, we need a map... or a guide...". She perks up as she says the last, saying, "Maybe we can get the information we need from the Spriggan?"


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"He did not appear to enjoy being disturbed. Let's consider him as a last resort," Letitia suggests. "There's more rooms on this level we've yet to explore."

She walks down the hallway and stops at the door to the right to listen.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"A guide" Samuel smiles charming to Callix "That's a cool idea. Let's hunt someone down and tell him 'Hey you, we came to destroy your portal and probably kill your witch, tell us where they hide'"

Still smiling at the idea the Taldan approaches next to Letitia "Perhaps one of the keys we found can activate some of the portals" and then opens the door Letitia is suggesting.
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


RoW Maps

samuel slips into the room and finds a well-furnished bedroom with a bed, desk, dresser and storage chest. a large mirror hangs on the wall opposite the room's only door, and windows look out on to the courtyard.

no movement is seen inside the room


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix shakes her head, "You've seen how people are terrified, and some serve out of fear. You've seen how they literally snatch people's kids -- we're actually going to find one in this little trip... And you don't think someone might be willing to help us end their nightmare?...or, worst case, that nobody could be intimidated into giving us information, given that strength and fear may be all they know?"

She shrugs, "But hey, let's try to randomly teleport without knowing the keys, path, commands or any countermeasures. There's literally no chance of failure."


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel smiles again without looking at Callix face to face, instead he examines the new mirror found in the small room "I have heard of Ulfen's grumpy character before" the Taldan also examines under the bed, the desk, the dresser and the chest.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Ei! But I will not stop you to try so. I am a man of action though, and I will not waste my time searching for miracles while the guards organize to chase us"


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

fear is a powerful thing, if this place has holding cells we might find someone there who can help guide but otherwise i doubt we'll find anyone just up here that will help. Cynical maybe but it's the truth. Letitia, can you figure this out?


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia regards the discussion with a note of disdain. "We cannot count on finding allies here. And I agree that blindly entering teleportation tiles could take us to lightless, exitless cells. However, we do have a key. One in the possession of a warrior who fought to the death rather than surrender. I trust that the key will take us someplace important."

She looks around the room as well.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix shrugs, "The middle of the garrison and the prison cells to which we were to take Ashling are probably both pretty important places, too. Though, to be honest, I'm more worried that part of the activation is what controls the destination..and hate that we don't know how any of this works."

She sighs, "All I'm saying is that we got this far by being smart, and now we're just counting on luck. That's less than ideal. And I fully get it may well be the only card we have to play, but let's at least own that instead of pretending this is a good idea."

...or, for that matter, my suggestion that we charm, bluff, or scare someone who knows how this works into telling us where this leads, or how to get to Raodsek is somehow ridiculous, especially given that we were teleported right here and would have been fine if not for Mierul.


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel nods happily at Callix "And there we are. Luck smiles only to those who believe in it" the Sentinel reloads his musket "And for the others. We have our own witch remember. She knows how they do think. I like her idea about the key"

"Let's just try it out in the next teleporter we see!"


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"There's a tile at the end of this hall," Letitia says, gesturing. "Then there was one back where the ice statues were."


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

I prefer things more tangible than luck personally... Either way, we should move now. sticking around here isn't a good idea


RoW Maps

Where do you guys want to head next? you have 2 teleporters and a few doors that you could choose from.


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel approaches to Letitia "We can start trying with this teleporter. It's the first one in line. Then check the southern door if the key does not work"


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix shrugs, "Personally, I think the doors would be the better thing to try first - less likely to end up somewhere we don't expect, and might find something useful."


HP 27/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"Callix's right. I'd rather be able to close the door or control the hallway than jump into the middle of gods know what."


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

it seems we are split, lets take it to a vote. my vote is for the teleporter Ashling comments


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia considers. They had limited time, so a thorough exploration would cost them. The current level they were on appeared to be a living space -- most likely guest quarters. The guards brought them to this floor when they thought she was a Jadwiga of good standing with Whitethrone. So, it stands to reason Radosek would not be conducting his ritual here on this floor.

Her decision made, she moves to the tile at the end of the hall. "Let's use the portals. There's nothing of value we'll likely find on this level."

She waits to see if there are any objections or further discussion. If there is none, once everyone is touching, she uses the key.


HP 17/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Luck told us to take this first teleporter, but I will rather face bad luck than remain stuck" in case of a draw, Samuel will change his vote to the door.

Otherwise he will set himself next to Letitia and touch it following what they did before in the lower floor.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix sighs, "Three to two against prudence. Let's get on with it, then, since we're in such a rush".

If this impatience gets me killed, Hero, you have to let me come back just to kick their teeth in... Especially if there's a map or singing else useful that we're missing..


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

"So, you'd rather go back to the room with the statues, then?" Letitia asks, standing before the portal at the end of the hall. "Depending on the key, it may activate only one, some, or all of the teleportation tiles. We've no way of knowing until we try."


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix shakes her head, "No, I think the goal is to rush blindly onward, not back."


RoW Maps

After much discussion, the vote swings to taking a teleporter. Samuel chooses the one in the hallway, and everyone moves in close. just like the first time, you all join hands and Samuel steps on one of the tiles. the cylinder in his hand glows with a soft blue light, then ice starts to form around your legs, moving up to your bodies and over your faces. then it quickly melts and you find yourself somewhere new...

_________________

A triangle of crossed steel wires runs between three wooden posts in the crescent-shaped room that smells strongly from the bird droppings scattered across the floor. the wires are covered end-to-end with ravens. Along the south wall, open windows look down from a dizzying height admitting a cold brisk wind. Two doors exit this chamber, one next to a large mirror to the west and another between a pair of large wooden chests to the northeast.

A beautiful thin woman with light blue skin stands at the far end of the room. she looks surprised to see the teleporter being used.

I told you, I'll bring a report when one comes... she cuts off abruptly when she sees it is not someone she expected. "you're not supposed to be here. don't think because I don't look intimidating that I will not defend this tower from intruders!"

She gives a series of whistles and the ravens perched on their wires suddenly take flight, swirling around in an intricate dance, then turn towards the party

Initiative:

Initiative Callix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Initiative Aisling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Initiative woman: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Initiative ravens: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Callix and Ashling are prepared for trouble and are able to jump to action as soon as the woman whistles.

bold may act:
Ashling, Callix, Ravens, woman, Samuel, Letitia, Alec.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix rushes forward, spinning the axe in her hand, an almost apologetic look on her face as she closes, It's almost as if she's trying to put on a brave face...Still, we can't have her stopping us..

Throwing Axe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling, scimitar drawn dances over. No sign of regret or even caring about killing in cold blood.

Foolish...Naive..How much do they even know?

maybe she should live?

No. It can't be risked.

bu..

Remember last time.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
black mantle cold aura: 1d6 ⇒ 2


RoW Maps

Callix and Ashling rush forward to fight the woman. Callix throws an axe, dealing some damage, but Ashling is unable to hit.

the woman's eyes widen at the sight of the black rider coming towards her, and yells out commands for her birds in Auran.

the ravens swirl around both Callix and Ashling, coming to their master's aid. the birds swoop in and out, scratching and clawing at the two women, trying to rake claws across their eyes.
AoO Callix: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
AoO Ashling: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9/ 2

swarm damage v Callix: 1d6 ⇒ 6
swarm damage v Ashling: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Reflex Callix: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Reflex Ashling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

both women are unfortunately not able to protect themselves effectively and are scratched in their eyes, becoming blind!

the woman then walks to the side and casts a spell. you can feel the wind shift as it swirls around her.

The whole party may act

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: none |

Party Condition: Hex Ward on all
Callix HP: 18/24 - AC: 17/13/14 Status: blind
Letitia: HP: 20/20 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 26/26 - AC: 18/12/16 Status:
Samuel HP: 27/27 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 15/24 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Black Rider mode, blind

NPCs:
woman: HP: -6| AC: 18? | status:
Raven swarm HP: -4 | AC <22

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,489 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.