Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,718 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

"Þú ættir að hafa gefið upp," Letitia says as she casts a spell on the captain.

Casting blindness, Fort DC 16

Skald:

"You should have surrendered."


RoW Maps

Callix swings her axe, neatly seperating the solider's head from his body. he falls dead.

Samuel doesn't hesitate as the man in his way falls, and fires a deafening musket blast that sends a ball into the sergeant who is badly injured by the ball.

fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
almost at the same moment that he is hit with the lead ball, the man's eyes cloud over and he stumbles as he loses his sight.

bold may act: Ashling, Alec soldiers, Samuel, Letitia, Callix

with all that going on I wanted to throw in a mid-round update post. if Ashling and/or Alec don't post by tomorrow morning I'll bot them and move us along

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: none |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 24/24 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 26/26 - AC: 18/12/16 Status:
Samuel HP: 27/27 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 24/24 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Guard Sergeant: HP: -10 | AC: ??? | shaken, blind
Green Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Blue Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Orange Guard: HP: -12 | AC: 20/18 | dead
Yellow Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Red Guard: HP: -25 | AC: 20? | dead


HP 16/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Shaken

With the soldier already in front of him, Alec swung his shield high at the man's head before feigning a step back to plant his foot. With his back foot planted, his spear flashed forward aiming to impale the man through the belly.

Shield bash, two-weapon fighting: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 = 10
Bludgeoning damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Shortspear, two-weapon fighting: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 2 = 24
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Shortspear, two-weapon fighting, CONFIRM: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
Additional Piercing damage, IF CONFIRMED: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP16/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling moves to attack the nearest standing soldier, unimpeded by the snow. She moves swiftly, dancing through the snow and slashing downward.
Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


RoW Maps

The man fighting Alec easily sidesteps the shield bash with a smirk on his lips. blood runs from that grin, though, as Alec's spear catches the man completely off guard and drives through his armor and body. he falls dead.

Ashling charges the blinded sergeant, doing a significant amount of damage to him.

The blind sergeant swings at Ashling
longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
spiked shield: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
spiked shield CONFIRM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
miss change, high hits: 1d100 ⇒ 70
even blinded, a swing with his big shield connects with Ashling doing 4 damage

one of the remaining soldiers moves to ashling while drawing a longsword, slashing at her.
longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
he connects, doing some more damage

the other one returns fire on Samuel with a crossbow
crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
the bolt hits, but it is only a flesh wound

bold may act: Samuel, Letitia, Callix, Alec, Ashling, soldiers

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: none |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 24/24 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 26/26 - AC: 18/12/16 Status:
Samuel HP: 25/27 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 12/24 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Guard Sergeant: HP: -18 | AC: ??? | blind
Green Guard: HP: -19 | AC: 17 | dead
Blue Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Orange Guard: HP: -12 | AC: 20/18 | dead
Yellow Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Red Guard: HP: -25 | AC: 20? | dead


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia eyes the crossbowman with her most potent hex, hoping to put him to sleep for a few crucial seconds.

Will DC 15 or sleep for three rounds


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel shots again, this time to the soldier in blue, profiting the open space.
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

The Sentinel reloads then his musket " Remember to leave some uniform without blood Alec!!! And we need one alive"


RoW Maps

Samuel fires an accurate bullet right past Ashling, hitting the man who just cut her squarely in the head, instantly killing him.

will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
The man with the crossbow suddenly falters, going from combat to deep sleep instantly. he drops his crossbow mid-load and falls to the ground.

bold may act:
Callix, Ashling, Alec, sergeant, Samuel, Letitia

Down to the guard sergeant who is blind and wounded


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix rushes across the bridge, bringing her throwing axe to bear against the last guardsman.

Mwork Cold Iron Axe: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15 for 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8


RoW Maps

Callix finishes off the wounded sergeant who is now bleeding out and unconscious.

the yellow soldier continues sleeping.2 more rounds before he wakes up


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix cleans her axe and begins to tend the sergeant's wounds, "I'll stop him from bleeding out... Though I won't be healing him unless we need information."

Heal (First Aid): 10 + 7 = 17 Taking 10, there's no distractions


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

" Quickly, pin him down with a rope!!!" Samuel does not have any to offer, but he covers the area with his musket "We should move them out of the road, interrogate the sleeping beauty and take their uniforms "

One the man is bond, Samuel helps to move the bodies into the forest.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP16/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling takes out rope and ties up the sleepers, strips them of weapons too


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

"Agreed," Letitia says. While Ashling binds the two surviving guards, she grabs one of the bodies and starts to drag it away from the road and into the deep snow banks. Lazlo drops from the nearby tree branches and starts flapping his wings hard to swirl the snow and disguise the signs of battle.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

The group clears the road and takes the equipment from the men.
each of the 5 normal soldiers has:
chain shirt
light steel shield
cold iron longsword
light crossbow
10 bolts
cold weather outfit

the sergeant has
4 potions
2 magical crossbow bolts
chain shirt
spiked light steel shield
dagger
mwk cold iron longsword
mwk light crossbow
10 mundane bolts
a mirror (that is also magical)

the uniforms look like they could make a passable fit on Callix, Samuel and Alec. they would look a little too big on Letitia, and nowhere near the right size for Ashling.


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel smells the potions trying to identify their use. If no one else is interested in the masterwork cold iron longsword, he will pick it up.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

After the group manages to relocate the bodies the Taldan checks the uniforms "Well, we can dress as a patrol escorting back Ashling as prisoner. If we are lucky we can create enough confusion for them to open the doors... maybe..."

"Is any of you good at interrogating?" Samuel looks at the bonded soldier as he starts to wake up "Hello sleeping beauty..." he pushes the man's face with his musket to attempt to impress him "There is some information we need about the Pale Tower. Will you be more collaborative than your friends here?"

"What can you tell us about its defenses? How to open that icy door?"
Intimidate or Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


RoW Maps

the soldier wriggles around trying to free his arms in a panick when he sees Samuel standing over him with the musket. he clearly doesn't understand Samuel's words, howvwer.


hver ert þú fólk? heldurðu virkilega að þú komist í burtu með þetta? að ráðast á persónulega lífvörður nornsins?

Skald:

who are you people? do you really think you'll get away with this? attacking a witch's personal guards?

In the future, please choose either diplomacy OR intimidate. the two actions work very differently and have very different DCs. with a -1 modifier there is no possible way for you to pass a diplomacy check to make a hostile or unfriendly creature indifferent, so I went with intimidate


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

I'm assuming we're going back to where we've been hiding, right?

Letitia goes back to tending her cauldron and makes sure her oil of darkness is coming along nicely. In between her potion-making, she checks out the magical properties of the items looted from the captain. When it comes to the mirror, she makes sure the reflective surface is either covered or pointed to a featureless sky, floor, wall, etc.

Spellcraft (potion 1): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Spellcraft (potion 2): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Spellcraft (potion 3): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Spellcraft (potion 4): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Spellcraft (crossbow bolts: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Spellcraft (mirror): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

When it appears that Samuel has had a failure to communicate, she steps over to the soldier and eyes him with her baleful glare.

Evil eye, reducing saves, Will DC 15

"Nafn Nazhena getur ekki verndað þig. Eina vonin er að segja okkur allt sem þú þekkir um Pale Tower og leiðin til að framhjá hliðinu. Þú sérð, ég er líka norn, og ég þarf innihaldsefni fyrir brjóstið mitt."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Skald:

"Nazhena's name cannot protect you. Your only hope is to tell us everything you know about the Pale Tower and the means to bypass the gate. You see, I am a witch too, and I need ingredients for my brew."


HP 16/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Shaken

Alec kneeled down to clean the blood off of his spear with the dead man's clothes. He happened a glance towards the man's face and something about it struck him. He had killed him. Another man. Not some animal or beast of legend, but a person, a soldier. He wrestled with the notion that this was most likely a bad man who had done bad things to good people, but he still struggled with it.

He swallowed hard and started picking up fallen equipment as his find wandered. He hadn't thought out how this would all work out. Fighting men, taking lives, battling against powerful witches; was he really expecting to win? To even survive? He sighed heavily as he made his way over to the others.


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Noticing Alec's silence and gloominess Samuel asks him "Are you ok Alec?"

***

Later while interrogating the soldier... Samuel growls frustrated as he cannot communicate. He nods at Letitia, almost rearing himself at the power of the witch's words. The Taldan pushes the head with his musket hoping the soldier can understand that "Answer!"
Intimidate aid to Letitia: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

"We want to know hot to open the gate. Guards change turns. Number of soldiers. Leaders at charge. We want it now"


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix adds, her voice low and growling, "Если вы не будете подчиняться приказам ведьмы и отвечать на ее вопросы, тогда вы нам не нужны - в любом случае живы. Мы можем просто спросить одного из оставшихся в живых, и наша ведьма может собрать то, что ей нужно, чтобы приготовить свои зелья."

Skald:
If you won't obey the commands of a witch and answer her questions, then we have no need of you - alive, anyway. We can just ask one of the other survivors, and our witch can harvest what she needs to make her potions.


HP 16/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Shaken

"I'll live" Alec responded to Samuel. He leaned in closer to Samuel.

"Do you...do you trust what they're saying? To that man? I don't think I want to know what they're saying, but I don't trust them either" he whispered.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Sorry, apparently I only previewed the edit with the Intimidate aid roll this morning. It was 11, modified to 12 by my charisma - but if you'd prefer, I'll roll here so you don't have to take my word for it.

Intimidate (Aid Another): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Ok, good, still a success. Phew.


RoW Maps

Letitia is able to quickly ID the items.
the potions are 2 potions of cure light wounds
1 potion of endure elements
1 potion of interrogation
the bolts are Screaming Bolts
the mirror is an enchanted mirror that Letitia would easily recognize. it is called an attentive mirror which is atuned to one spellcaster who originally bonded the item. the bearer of the mirror can use the mirror to trigger an alarm spell at a range of 100 miles, alerting the owner that contact is needed.

_________________________

the soldier is much more intimidated by Letitia. He begind speaking very quickly in Skald, the little color in his face fading a bit

Ég er en einföld hermaður, húsmóður. Ég vildi ekki koma á milli röksemdafærslu meðal norna! Hliðið á fölum turninum verður að opna af þeim sem eru efst á veggjum. Þú verður að sannfæra þá um að láta þig inn. Þú ættir að vita, Nazhena er ekki í turninum núna. hún hefur yfirgefið lærisveininn Radosek í umsjá í fjarveru hennar. Hann er næstum eins hættulegur og Nazhena sig!

Skald:

I am but a simple soldier, mistress. I do not wish to come between an argument among witches! the pale tower's gate has to be opened by those on top of the walls. You would have to convince them to let you in. You should know, Nazhena is not in the tower now. she has left her apprentice Radosek in charge in her absence. he is almost as dangerous as Nazhena herself!


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP16/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

I really need to learn that language... She looks on confused with the Skald speak


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel leans his hand over Alec "[smaller]I do understand your feelings. This is unsettling to me too. But these soldiers are part of the snowy invasion on our lands. And the Black Rider told us to trust in the witch" he turns to the others in the group then "I fear we have to trust and follow her if we want to survive and get success in this alien land"

***

Samuel looks confused at Letitia "What is he saying? Is there a password or something to make the guards open the doors for us?"


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia pauses in the interrogation as she digests what the soldier told her. The curious (and somewhat suspicious) faces of the others who do not speak Skald draw her attention, so she translates.

"I've got him sufficiently cowed. He says that the gate is controlled by those at the top. Most interestingly, Nazhena is not at the tower. She's left her apprentice, Radosek, in charge while she's away."

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Have I heard of Radosek?

She turns back to their captive.

""Er lykilorð notað til að segja varðveislunum við hliðið? Hvað voru pantanir þínar? Hefur þú gert ráð fyrir að þú komist aftur á ákveðinn tíma? Hefurðu verið sagt að leita að einhverjum og ef svo er, hvaða lýsingar varst þú?"

Skald:

"Is there a password used to tell the guards at the gate? What were your orders? Were you expected back at a certain time? Have you been told to search for anyone, and if so, what descriptions were you given?"[/b]


RoW Maps

The man is not putting up any fight now. he is willing to tell Letitia what he knows.

"Það er ekkert lykilorð. Enginn hefur enn verið heimskur nóg til að reyna að laumast inn í fullbúið nornaturn, þannig að lykilorð eru ekki þörf.

Við erum eitt af nokkrum eftirlitsmönnum sem sendar eru út. Radosek er örvæntingarfullur að finna svarta brynjaða fey á svarta hestinum. Við höfum verið sagt að leita hátt og lágt fyrir það.

Þessar pantanir hafa kastað af áætlunum okkar. Hermenn fara aftur í turninn þegar þeir þurfa vistir eða hvíld, en halda oft út í marga daga í einu.

Vinsamlegast láttu mig fara. Ég vil ekki taka þátt í Jadwiga stjórnmálum. Ég mun ekki segja neinum sem ég sá þig. Ég kem aftur í þorpið mitt og lá lágt"

Skald:

There is no password. no one has yet been foolish enough to try to sneak into a fully guarded witch tower, so passwords are not needed.

We are one of several patrols sent out. Radosek is desperate to find a black-armored fey riding a black horse. we have been told to search high and low for it.

these orders have thrown off our schedules. troops return to the tower when they need supplies or rest, but many times stay out for days at a time searching.

Please, let me go. I do not want to be involved in Jadwiga politics. I will not tell anyone i saw you. I'll return to my village and lay low

Letitia:

You would have definitely heard of Radosek. he is quite a topic of discussion among witches. it is somewhat rare to find a male witch in Irrisen, but Radosek is not even a Jadwiga. he was abducted as a child from Taldor, and was going to be sacrificed in a ritual, taken as payment from a noble who failed to uphold a bargain with the witches.

Nazena, a child at the time, found out he had magical talents and saved his life. she personally trained him, though most of the Jadwiga acted as if she had found a new pet. he has since begun to make a name for himself as a decently powerful witch, but still has a stigma of being an outlander and Nazhena's toy.


RoW Maps

sorry to those who don't speak Skald, interrogations are less interesting when you don't know what's going on. part of the charm of this AP in my mind is that (unlike some games) not everyone has common as a shared language. at least you guys have a few northern languages in the party!


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia's eyes narrow at the man.

"Hvað heitir þú og hvaða þorp? Ég þarf að vita það svo að ég geti umbunað þér fyrir samvinnu þína. Eða leita hefndar ef þú hefur lægt mér."

Skald:

"What's your name and what village? I'll need to know it so that I may reward you for your cooperation. Or seek vengeance if you have lied to me."

She takes a step back and folds her arms while she thinks. "I have an idea. Radosek is desperate to find the Black Rider. The soldiers' regular patrols are disrupted and erratic due to the search for him. If one of us pretends to be the captured Rider and the rest of us dress as soldiers, then we may be allowed to pass through the gate."


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel nods at Letitia "That sounds like a good plan Letitia" and after giving some thought he adds "If you find it difficult to conceal yourself as a soldier, we can say we found a witch that helped us capture the Black Rider"


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix chuckles, "We won't even really be lying... Well, not much, anyway."


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel chuckles at Callix comment feeling a bit more relaxed for a good long. He taps the woman's shoulder then starts removing one of the uniforms, the one that fits better to him, and to dress himself on it. The man does not show any type of shame to undress in front of the others and put himself into the new clothes "It is perhaps for the best that you take the sergeant's uniform Callix. As you know the language, you can better act as patrol leader and talk along with the witch once we reach the doors"


HP 16/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Shaken

No worries at all about the languages. It really helps to create a sense of realism and rarely does it translate as well as it has. I've enjoyed it.

Following Samuel's lead, Alec began to remove the uniform from one of the soldiers. He slowly pulled the clothes on over top of his studded leather. It fit snug in a few places, but at least it fit. It was going to be hard to explain the tears, but by the time anyone noticed, it was probably going to be too late.


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia goes back to completing her potions and oil while the others start testing their disguises.

"That's probably wise, Samuel. I don't think I'd make a good soldier," she says.

A concern nags at her, however, and she goes back to their captive. "Hefurðu verið sagt að vera í úthverfi hirðingja?"

Skald:

"Have you been told to be on the lookout for a renegade witch?"


RoW Maps

Mitt nafn er Dalen, konan mín. Ég er frá Skrata í Verge upp norður. Og nei, ég veit ekkert um enga fantur nornir. við erum að leita aðeins að knapa

Skald:

My name is Dalen, my lady. I am from Skrata in the Verge up north. And no, I don't know anything about no rogue witches. we are only looking for the rider

the group finds uniforms that fit at least decently and get themselves ready


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel waits patiently as Letitia wraps up her conversation with the soldier, looking inquisitively about what is being talked.

"Good. We agree then to approach as a group of soldiers and request passage as we captured the Black Rider with the help of a wanderer witch" the man finishes up dressing the uniform "Once inside we will have to improvise I guess. But we can try to be received by their leader. If we go directly to him, perhaps we can avoid to shed too much blood here today"


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Question: are we resting first before we go? I think some of us got hurt fighting the soldiers.

Letitia leans forward and runs a fingernail along the soldier's cheek, her ice-blue eyes boring into him. "Gott. Dalen af Skrata, þú getur farið aftur til Verge þegar við förum frá þessum stað. Ekki tala um handtaka þinn ef þú metur líf þitt."

Skald:

"Good. Dalen of Skrata, you may return to the Verge when we leave this place. Do not speak of your capture if you value your life."

If we've rested:
Letitia then pulls up the sleeve of the man and chants a few arcane words combined with a complex gesture. Then she traces a symbol on his forearm in frost-blue letters. "Það. A áminning um loforð mitt til þín, svo þú munt ekki gleyma. Verðlaun eða hefnd." She gives him an ominous smile.

Skald:

"There. A reminder of my promise to you, so you will not forget. Reward, or vengeance."

She straightens and regards the others. "I've promised him that I will reward him for his cooperation, if he returns to his home and remains silent. I trust this is to your liking?"

When her potions have finished, she hands everyone a flask. "This is the hex ward potion, which will strengthen you against Radosek's powers for when we face him." Then she holds up the vial of an inky black substance. "This is the oil of darkness. We may yet need it once we enter the tower, if we're fortunate at the gate."

She dons her blue, fur-trimmed cloak again, flipping her hood up over her dyed hair. "I believe Ashling will be best to play the part of the Black Rider. Are we set?"


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix nods, "Better than killing him, though I don't think I liked the reminder that a large number of those who 'support' the witches are doing so out of fear."

She then takes a breath and says, "It does make sense for me to act as the leader, since I speak the tongue, though I should warn you that I'm a terrible liar -- enough that it got me kicked out of the house."


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel nods to Letitia approving her deal with the soldier. He then takes the protecting potion offered by the witch.

"We only need to go through the doors Callix. If we go at dusk they will have trouble to identify our lies and also we have some time to rest if that worries you" Samuel finishes up the preparations "Any lie you successfully sneak through past that, its just an extra point to our advantage"

If the group is resting, Samuel will treat the recent wounds of his companions with his Sentinel medical kit.
Heal (treat deadly wounds) DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Heal (treat deadly wounds) DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 +3 hp
Heal (treat deadly wounds) DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Heal (treat deadly wounds) DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 +3 hp

Once the group is ready and the dusk starts to bath the land with its shadowy light, Samuel scouts the party up to the Tower's gate where he makes signals to call the attention of the guards to open the gate.

He assumes Callix or Letittia would be any talking if needed.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP16/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling puts the cloak back on and draws the hood up , I will keep playing the part of the Black knight then.


RoW Maps

The group finishes their preparations and rest for a time before approaching the tower. Ashling activates the command word of the cloak, appearing as a large knight in black armor. she is escorted by her companions wearing soldiers' uniforms. the group approaches the gate at dusk, and are seen by the guards on top of the wall of ice.

three of them stand above the outline of a gate and their leader calls down:
Who goes there? identify yourselves

Callix will need to make a bluff check to convince the guards that she is one of their patrol leaders. other can aid, and I will modify her result either positively or negatively based on what you say to the guards.


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Hopefully we can assist with other skill checks
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Letitia considers the best possible ruse based on her knowledge of this area and shares it with Callix to assist in her responses to the expected inquiries.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Is anyone hurt after being tended to? We have the wand, if needed.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix whispers, "Here goes. Hero, any help you might give me..."

She coughs, then calls out, "Мы единица, которая нашла и захватила Черного Всадника. Что осталось от этого, так или иначе." She jerks her head toward Letitia, adding, "Начал как почетный караул для этой молодой леди, прежде чем наткнуться на человека, которого все искали. Ублюдок забрал половину нас и привел нас в веселую погоню, прежде чем мы его уронили."

Her voice turns to a growl as she finishes, and she fakes a kick at Ashling's knees, dropping her into the snow to express her frustration.

She nods, then looks back up, "Мы не хотим, чтобы он сбежал - не снова - поэтому мы пришли сюда, к ближайшей башне, чтобы избавиться от него, прежде чем отвезти Леди к ее месту назначения."

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Skald:

We're the unit that found and captured the Black Rider. What's left of it, anyway.

Started out as the honor guard for this young lady, before running into the man everyone's been looking for. Bastard took out half of us and led us on a merry chase before we got him down.

We don't want him to escape - not again - so we came here, to the closest tower, to be rid of him before taking the Lady on to her destination.


HP 32/34 | AC 19 TAC 15 FF 14 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 3/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 36 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel holds Ashling rudely simulating to maintain the Black Rider under control. When Callix kicks her the High Sentinel smiles mischievously showing some kind of guard enjoyment, or as much as he does think a soldier would do in that situation.
Bluff aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia stands regal and triumphant amidst her 'guards' and their captive. She waits to see if Callix's bluff works without her assistance, since there should be no need for a white witch to address the guards at the gate unless they refuse to do as they are told.

She arches an eyebrow with practiced calm and authority and waits to see how the guards respond.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

the men look very clearly surprised to see a group return with the captured rider.

Af guðum! þú fannst hann! Konan í turninum er ekki hér í augnablikinu, en við getum tekið knapinn af höndum þínum og haldið honum þar til hún kemur aftur.

Skald:

By the gods! you found him! the lady of the tower is not here at the moment, but we can take the rider off your hands and hold him until she returns.

the man who spoke motions to one of the others on the wall and he activates some device above the gate. the ice vanishes from an arch in the ice wall revealing a metal portcullis. the gate begins to rise, opening the way into the tower grounds.

With the bonus for wearing captured armor, the check was only a DC 15 bluff. well done Callix

Added a map to the slides


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia barks out a sharp laugh at the guard's comment. As soon as the gates are opened, she gestures to the others to start to move through the entrance.

"Ha! Leyfðu honum eins og þú? Ég vil sjá andlit Nazhena þegar ég kynna Rider henni. Ég er fús til að bíða eftir henni að fara aftur. En ég ætla ekki að sleppa þessu með þér og láta hana taka kredit fyrir vinnu mína!"

Skald:

"Ha! Leave him with the likes of you? I want to see Nazhena's face when I present the Rider to her. I'm happy to wait for her to return. But I'm not going to drop this one off with you and let her take credit for my work!"

Intimidate (if necessary): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


RoW Maps

Meant engin vanvirðing heiðraður Jadwiga. Þér er velkomið að vera í turninum okkar, við hélt bara að þú vildi óska ​​eftir að vera aftur á hvaða fyrirtæki sem þú varst á áður en þú keyrir inn í þennan skepna!

Skald:

Meant no disrespect honored Jadwiga. you are welcome to stay in our tower, we only thought you would wish to be back on whatever business you were on before running into this creature!

Letitia wears the role of haughty Jadwiga well, leading the group confidently through the gateway.

the gateway opens into a large coutyard. A massive ice sculpture of a dragon dominates the open the open area, standing with raised wings atop a stone dais. Seven squat shacks sit along the inside of the ice wall, with several dogsleds stored outside. Between them, four ice chutes lead down from the battlements.

To the West, large double doors studded with icicles lead inside the Pale Tower itself, just beneath an overhang of sharp icicles dangling from above.

Standing inside the courtyard, eyeing the party carefully is a female ice troll

I added an external view of the pale tower to the second map page

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,718 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.