Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


951 to 1,000 of 1,502 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

RoW Maps

Nadya finished wrapping up some of the food she prepared, along with some dried meats and bread. like Letitia she just ignores mention of the Blackravens, clearly a little uncomfortable talking about them with any risk of being heard.

If you need anything else, please just ask. it is difficult to travel here if not prepared. I would offer my services as a guide, but I just returned home, and am not ready to set out again yet. I can rent you the use of one of my sleds though, if that would be of use to you. I know what danger you are going into, so I would ask that you pay me the full price of a sled, but if you bring it back to me I will return most of your gold.

buying a sled costs only 20 gold. if you bring it back to her she will refund money as if you had hired her to bring you there


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"We will not like placing yourself into more danger Nadya" Samuel rejects the guiding offer while looking again at Callix to remember her wise words "But the sleds can certainly save us time"

The man looks at Alec "You have always had a knack to understand animals, do you think you can guide the sled friend?"

Samuel will take the spare coin and give it to Nadya in advance for the sleds services.
I think we will all agree it is a good deal


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Before he realized it, Alec was rolling his eyes. Again they would leave the safety of a shelter to trek out into the unknown wilderness, this time possibly in the dark. It made no sense to him, but he held his tongue.

"I can hunt, skin, and clean animals. I don't have much practice guiding them." He sighed out of frustration.

"But I will try my friend."


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling actually lets out a little chuckle, I get it, hunting tasks are a lot easier than guiding or taming. I have some practice if you'd like me to try.

handle animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Ok, let's get going" Samuel sits to fit his new Snowshoes while observing how Ashling and Alec try to take control of the sled dogs "Hey Ashling you have some kind of a knack for them! Look how they lick your hands. Have you had dogs before?"

As the human and the half-elf ready the dogs, he prepares all the groups belongings on the sled, securing them so they do not fall during their ride "Wife you can take the sit next to the rider. That's the best place for my Queen" he offers a wide smile to the witch.

Still somehow confused by the suggestion, Samuel tries to help everyone make the preparations as fast as possible so the group can mount on the sleds and start riding to the Pale Tower "Thanks for everything Nadya"


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

um... well sort of.. By brother and mother are witch wolf skinwalkers... Kind of like werewolves. i'm not, my father and i are just human.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia happily puts her backpack on the sled and takes the seat offered to her by Samuel. She gives him a coy smile. "I'm surprised you are still keen to continue our ruse, Husband, considering the only one to overhear is the woman who 'married' us in the first place. Keep it up and I'll have the impression you like the idea."

She pulls out her crossbow and loads it in anticipation of their upcoming ride. She gives Ashling's admission a surreptitious glance if interest, but makes no comment.


RoW Maps

Great role play all around on that town visit!

the groups loads the sleds and gets underway, making good time with Ashling's handling of the dogs and the clearer weather that follows the storm of the day before.

on the road, you encounter another group headed in the opposite direction. Lazlo is able to give you enough warning that you can choose how you want to deal with things. three dogsleds with two men on each are moving along the road towards Waldsby. the men are all armored in matching uniforms, and are equipped with shields and swords as well as crossbows.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia gets the alert from Lazlo, so she makes sure everyone is aware that something is on the road ahead. "He's worried, but not frightened. So it's a possible threat, but not a definite danger," she explains.

When the men come into view, she considers what she knows about their uniforms.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -
Letitia Frost wrote:
"I'm surprised you are still keen to continue our ruse, Husband, considering the only one to overhear is the woman who 'married' us in the first place. Keep it up and I'll have the impression you like the idea."

Samuel smiles to Letitia "The witches are watching, aren't they?"

***

The High Sentinel tries to keep down his nerves and look for a way to hide while the group decides what to do "If they are witches' soldiers perhaps we should face them now. They might be going to Waldsby looking for us or to cause trouble to our friends there. And if they come from the Pale Tower, we might have to face them anyway afterwards"
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"I propose we approach them and discover why are they going to Waldsby" if the group agrees to, Samuel will go and stop their sled and question them who are them and what are they doing, or he will cover with his musket from afar to whomever goes to talk.


RoW Maps

Letitia:

The uniforms are fairly standard for militias serving the Witches. they are similar in design to the uniforms worn by the guards of Whitethrone, known as the Winter Guard. these wear sigils of a lesser Jadwiga family, which stands to reason would be from the Pale Tower


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"Here. Now" Alec said as be brushed snow off of his shield.

"I admit not being familiar with this area, but I haven't seen any other villages on our journey since coming through the gate..." Alec let the question hang in the air. It needed no response.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Under her breath, Letitia whispers, "Winter Guard. Loyal soldiers to the Jadwiga. Not queen's men, though. Probably Nazhena's men."


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel grows increasingly nervous as Letitia reveals the soldiers identity "So what shall we do? Do we stop them and discover what are they doing? If we leave them now, we might end up having to fight them in worse odds later"


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix shrugs, "Samuel's got a tactical argument... wondering if there'd be a way to try to talk to them long enough to learn about their patrol route and when they'd be due back. I don't want to be overwhelmed by numbers later, but at the same time, I'd hate to start beating down everyone who decided to serve the people with power over them -- especially given that abduction of your children seems to be the price for speaking out, even a little."

She then shrugs, "Of course, I think that neither of us that speaks Skald is really good at containing our true emotions, which might take a bluff like that off the table."


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

We have a job to do and a place to go... greater evil before lesser.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Well who knows..." seeing there is not enough quorum, Samuel just follows up the confused stares and waits himself under the cover of their hiding position. As the group decides the sleds probably just pass by "I hope we never find out what would had been the best decision"

Once the sleds have passed, Samuel helps Ashling to put their own sled into movement once more "Pale Tower, there we go!"
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia shrugs. "Had we spoken with them, we probably would have had to fight them. Considering the thunderous report of your weapon, it would have drawn too much attention and possibly would have alerted the Pale Tower of our approach. This way gives us the most hope that the Pale Tower is not expecting us."


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"We should have fought them. Now instead they'll go steal more children and pick on the elderly. We've left Nadya in danger when we could have stopped them. Gods help us if they show up at the Pale Tower as reinforcements."

Alec's mood was growing cold as the weather did. He wore a scowl on his face and fumed as he marched. Even his eyes were glazed over and his fingers ached from squeezing the haft of his spear too tightly.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia scoffs. "The soldiers wouldn't steal children. They wouldn't know what to do with them. And the elderly wouldn't be elderly if they hadn't learned proper respect. Instead of worrying about what they might do, wonder why they would be following Nazhena. Do they like to be in authority? Or does Nazhena have their own families as hostage just like Nadya's girl?"


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel quickly comes in between Alec and Letitia. Although he does lean to think like Alec, there is nothing that can be done now, and most important is their mission at hand "Easy. Most important now is we focus on closing the portal to the Border Woods. And that means we have to travel into the Pale Tower and infiltrate. Letitia is the one who knows better this territory, that means we will have to trust in her nose this time"

As the sleds continue traveling to the tower by the expert hand of Ashling, the Taldan starts thinking on the approaching challenge "Have any of you infiltrated a fortress before?"


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"Trust her? She's one of them! Her family would do the same thing as the rest of them, if they haven't already. Why are you really here Letitia? To surplant this Nazhena? To take the throne for yourself?"

"We are beneath her Samuel. We are nothing to her. And the elderly are only elderly because they grovel at their feet. They feign homage to be able to live poorly because they do not allow them a better life. They hold children prisoner for childish words and she is the same as them. These people suffer at the hands of people just like her."

"WHY ARE YOU EVEN HEAR LETITIA?!?!" Alec shouted in frustration.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia narrows her ice-blue eyes at Alec. "I've made my intentions quite plain. I've allied with an invading force and have provided information to foreigners intent on overthrowing my sovereign queen. I ride with you to attack a stronghold of Irrisen ruled over by my cousin. Do I need to go on?"

She folds her arms and looks at the road ahead, settling back in her seat on the sled. "Should I weep for every peasant? For every common cruelty my family has levied upon the common folk? How many tears would be enough for you, Alec? I cannot change who I am, or how I was raised, or what I was taught. I can share what I've learned, or I can hold my tongue." She glares at him out of the corner of her eye. "Which would you prefer?"


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Yes, i'm an assassin. infiltration is my specialty. As the arguing breaks out Ashling for the first time speaks in a tone far above her usual whisper Quiet. The world is potentially in danger and now is when this needs to come up? If we stop and to help, that wastes time and every second is another bit wasted and the winter keeps growing. Since donning the mantle i have felt it pulling and nudging at my mind toward our goal...I was raised as a hunter, from a family known largely for psychotic breaks and going crazy. My brother is an infamous Serial killer and murdered my parents. Since then i've seen death and blood beyond any one here. The world sucks, everything in it sucks... But tearing each others throats out now solves nothing, it only spreads more hatred. Focus on one mission at a time, The world doesn't need fools who try to save everyone, it needs people who act to stop the source and right now that Source happens to be the witches of Irrisen. You can't judge by who or where someone is from, anyone can do despicable things

She takes a breath and returns to her stoic tone We know who we need to locate, so let's find her.


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec met Letitia's stare. "I know what you are doing. What I want to know is why? What will you do once the winter is ended?"

He spared a short glance to Ashling. "Great. An assassin from a psychotic family. I must be a fool then." Alec's anger was fading fast as the words left him.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia doesn't flinch when Alec glares at her. She returns his gaze, a flash of defiance in her eyes. "Why? I've told you this. As long as Elvanna remains queen, I cannot go home. It therefore behooves me to assist Grandmother in whatever way I can. Every hundred years, she displaces the current queen and installs a new daughter as ruler of Irrisen. My sisters and I had hopes that our mother would be the next queen. But Baba Yaga is missing; her hut captured in the square of Whitethrone. If we free it and find Grandmother, no doubt she'll bring a stop to Elvanna's expansion."

She lifts her chin up and sniffs. "What I will do once that happens depends on Baba Yaga's gratitude towards our efforts. I would hope that she looks upon my loyalty with favor. I am her granddaughter, after all."


RoW Maps

the group of soldiers passes by without incident, the party being able to hide well in the snow with the advanced warning they had. the group makes good progress, even through heated arguments between them as they travel. before long the pale tower is clearly visible ahead.

even from a distance away the ice tower looks intimidating. it is formed of two long icecicles standing 4 or more stories tall, with several other ice spikes sticking off of it at angles. some of these smaller spears look big enough for rooms to be contained within.

the tower is surrounded by a 20 foot tall wall made of solid ice. several soldiers patrol the top of the walls.

there is a well-worn track leading to the tower, that stops suddenly at the ice wall, though there is a faint blue outline of a gate etched in the otherwise featureless face of the wall.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel grows worried as the discussions erupt "We have been able to work together so far. Its clear we all have different ways of doing, believes and culture. But this difficult time and our promise to the Black Rider bonds us together now"

The man points with the face to the Pale Tower "Here we have it. A large intimidating fortress made of ice... I don't think we can just go in and storm it. We will need to collaborate into finding a plan. I do have some ideas. We can look for a secret entrance but they might spot us while we do it. Perhaps we can climb up the walls during the night from an area without guards." he then looks to Ashling and Alec "Others involve deception. Like knocking at the doors and saying we are escorting a witch with us to deliver a message or take hold of the fortress. Or we can hunt down some soldiers outside the fortress and use their uniforms to disguise and go in. Or we might just wait and fight in while the doors open to gather supplies..."
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

How difficult would it be to climb the ice up?


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia grows quiet as she studies the Pale Tower and the wall surrounding it. After listening to Samuel's ideas, she folds her arms and thinks on their options.

"Perhaps it's best to return to Waldsby or Nadya's for a day or two. I could craft some potions that would help us. I can create flasks that will cause areas of darkness and shadow to appear, plus I could make additional curative potions."


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix watches the sudden attack, surprised to find herself wanting to step in and help the witch, but stops as the witch responds in anger. Spoiled wine, is that truly what we're doing? Restoring the very power structure that my mother and her people have been fighting against for centuries? Surely there must be some other path we can walk?

Finally she sighs and says, grimly, "I don't think that any of the Ulfen in the bordering would have much faith in Baba Yaga's generosity or gratitude." She shakes her head, the expression on her face making it clear that she's not at all at ease with this... or wanting to discuss it just yet.

"Going back would have us crossing the patrol again, and what's more, make us that much more memorable, to the detriment of everyone we've worked with. We'd be better off finding a cavern, if we're planning on having Letitia mix up some brews. I think there's some merit to the idea of striking a patrol, though -- they'll have information about the fortress, including the ways in, in addition to potential disguises."


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel nods at both women "I think you both are right" the man looks around looking for a rocky area were they can conceal a small fire for brewing.
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"We can set camp at an advantage place. We do check around the area looking for a patrol while Letitia brew her potions. With a bit of luck we can smash down the patrol and gather some info from interrogation" the Taldan looks convinced as the plan starts to shape up "Then under the cover of the night, we can make good use of Letitia's magics to get us past the walls with whatever advantage we could get from the patrol interrogation. Or just climbing through the walls if we could not find anyone to interrogate"


RoW Maps

The walls will be quite difficult to climb, with a climb DC of 30. if you can attach a rope to the top, the DC goes down to 10.

Samuel is able to find a suitable camping site somewhat protected by a a rocky outcropping, but you do not find any full caves to shelter in.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia sets Lazlo to the job of keeping lookout while she sets her small cauldron into a spot where she plans to make her fire. She starts throwing various strange ingredients she had picked up along the journey as well as items she bought at the apothecary.

She explains as she starts to stir the bubbling mixture, "I've decided I'll brew some potions of hex ward, which will give you additional protection against the powers of witches. The ward will last an hour after you drink it, which should be enough time once we start the assault. Then I'll make an oil of darkness which will project an area of shadow over whatever it's smeared on." She gives Alec and Callix a look.


RoW Maps

For the next few hours, Letitia prepares her brew while others keep watch and make any of their own preparations.

late in the afternoon another group of soldiers is spotted headed towards the Pale Tower. they are not coming from the direction of Waldsby, so you assume this is a different group. they wear the same uniforms as the ones you saw previously.


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Before the soldiers are seen

During a brief moment where her cauldron is bubbling nicely and she can step away, she tells the others, "I have a suggestion for when we attack the gate. If we go when the light is already dim, my oil will plunge everything into complete darkness in a 20' radius. Ashling told me once that she can see perfectly in darkness, while the mantle of the Black Rider will also bestow that ability. I suggest that she bestow it to another for this attack, since the regular human guards will be at a disadvantage and it's a waste to have it on someone who can already see in the dark. The other two and myself can remain outside the area of shadow and strike at any guards who stumble out."


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel only nods at Letitia's directions. While her arts are unconventional for him, the Black Rider has suggested they would not do it without her guidance.

***

Later as the second group of soldiers is spotted Samuel makes a sign for the group to make the attack "Alec, Ashling. Can you cut their reach to the Pale Tower without being spotted? I will try to call their attention. You Callix and Letitia should start the attack when you find its the best time for it"

The man looks at his companions to confirm they are aware of the plan and agree or propose a variant before he shows up to call the attention of the soldiers.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

I can try, im not certain if i can bestow the cloak as such now. But i will try.. As for sneaking, I can attempt. She attempts to give the cloak to someone else


RoW Maps

Yes, the Mantle can be passed freely among the group, until such a point as Baba Yaga officially annoints the next Black Rider. as long as both the giver and receiver are willing, the cloak can be passed as easily as any magical cloak


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2

Letitia decides to stand next to Samuel while the others try to use stealth in surrounding the soldiers. She whispers to the gunman, "I suggest you do not use your gun; I think we're too close to the Pale Tower to safely use it. You have another weapon, I hope?"


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Without my gun I would be as useless as a dummy target darling" Samuel loads his musket with fresh powder and a bullet "I hope not needing to use it though" the man taps at the cold iron sword jumping at his hip.

After a long silence the man understands the group is going with the plan. Without more time for the soldiers to escape, he slides through the snow to intercept the soldiers calling their attention "Привет всем! Такая удача, я нашел тебя. Я как-то потерялся в этой области! Вы охранники здесь, в лесу? Буду признателен за руководство, возможно, очаг на ночь."

Hallit:

"Hey there! Such a luck I found you. I somehow got lost in this area! Are you the guards here in the woods? I would appreciate some guidance, perhaps a hearth for the night."

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


HP 30/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec readied his spear and shield and crouched low as he slowly crept out from cover and tried to cut off the soldier's retreat.

Stealth, favored terrain: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 Sigh


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 dice not on out side...

Ashling draws her blade and hides behind something


RoW Maps

the group of 6 men comes to a halt when one in front wearing a yellow sash over his chest piece raises a fist in the air. He eyes Samuel warily, but does not seem to understand his words. he shouts to Samuel:
Þú þarna! auðkenna sjálfan þig. hvað er fyrirtæki þitt á yfirráðasvæði blek turnsins?

Skald:

You there! identify yourself. what is your business in the territory of the pale tower?

sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Even without understanding your words, he cautiously eyes your weapons and is not completely taken in by your peaceful body language.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
one of the soldiers in the group easily spots Ashling and Alec both with weapons drawn and not doing a very good job of blending in. he shouts to his leader and draws his sword, pointing towards them.

Initiative:

Initiative Callix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Initiative Aisling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Initiative Sergeant: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative Soldiers: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

bold may act: Samuel, Callix, Letitia, soldiers, Ashling, Alec

no one has attacked yet, but there is a visible threat so I'm moving us to combat rounds. you can still attempt to diffuse the situation, or jump in swinging.

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: none |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 24/24 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 26/26 - AC: 18/12/16 Status:
Samuel HP: 27/27 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 24/24 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Guard Sergeant: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Green Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Blue Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Orange Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Yellow Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Red Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???


HP: 26/26, AC 13 t:12 ff:11, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2
Letitia Frost wrote:
Letitia decides to stand next to Samuel while the others try to use stealth in surrounding the soldiers.

Per this post, I should be next to Samuel.

Letitia bites back, "Ég þarf ekki að svara þér! Þú hefur svikið drottningu nornanna og hún mun koma fyrir yður alla nema þú kastar niður vopnum þínum og uppgjöf!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Skald:

"I do not have to answer to you! You have betrayed the queen of witches, and she will come for you all unless you throw down your weapons and surrender!"


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel does not understand a word, but he catches Letitia's menacing voice. The Taldan readies his musket to shot at any soldier that decides to attack.

Readied action:

Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix winces, Well, they certainly know who's side we're on now... And I can't say I like waiting for them to rush us... She walks out and takes up a position next to Letitia, waiting for the inevitable attack.

Move, then readied to throw an axe at the first foe that comes into the second range increment (i.e. - 20').

Readied:

(non-masterwork) Throwing Axe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


RoW Maps

The guard sergeant is taken aback by the sudden biting words and threat coming from Letitia. Realizing he clearly underestimated her, he moves to the side and readies his shield and sword but does not move in to attack. He signals his men who move in.

three men move towards the trio on the road, drawing longswords as they advance.

the other two hang back and take up firing stances, loading their crossbows.

Samuel's bullet takes the first man in the chest and he drops like a sack of bricks. a second one is hit and badly injured by a well-placed throwing axe, but makes it to Samuel and swings his sword
longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
it bounces off of Samuel's armor, leaving the man unharmed.

a third man spots Alec and moves towards him, drawing his sword as well. just a double move for this one

bold may act: Alec, Ashling, Samuel, Callix, Letitia, soldiers

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: none |

Global Condition:
Callix HP: 24/24 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 14/14 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 26/26 - AC: 18/12/16 Status:
Samuel HP: 27/27 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 24/24 - AC: 18/14/14 Status:

NPCs:
Guard Sergeant: HP: ??? | AC: ??? | shaken, total defense
Green Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Blue Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Orange Guard: HP: -12 | AC: 20/18 | dead
Yellow Guard: HP: ??? | AC: ???
Red Guard: HP: -9 | AC: 20?


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel waits to see if Ashling or Callix can drop the man in front of him.

Free:

Samuel reloads and shots at the Sargeant.
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Not free:

Samuel performs a pistol-whip deed and tries to hit him with his musket butt.
pistol whip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Bludgeoning damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5
Free trip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

I'm assuming the snow isn't too deep to block our movement? I could activate the travel blessing if I need to, but if not, I was going to use fervor to cast divine favor before joining the melee and (hopefully) finishing what the thrown axe started.


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

CHanged my mind about my movement, only went 15', so even in difficult terrain, I'm fine..

Callix pushes forward, drawing her best axe and whispering a quick prayer to the Drunken Hero, asking for a sliver of the same drunken luck that got him through the Starstone years ago as she rushes forward to stand next to Samuel and finish what her thrown axe started.

Casting Divine Favour as a swift, via fervor.

Masterwork Cold Iron Axe: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29 Threat. Now I wish I attacked someone I hadn't nailed earlier..
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22

Ok, wow, so... for 2d6 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 + 4 = 16

951 to 1,000 of 1,502 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.