Rd Sun's Reign of Winter

Game Master JankInTheTank

Reign of Winter AP, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet

Maps and Info


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,623 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia scowls in irritation as the atomie goes invisible.

"I wonder if the fae will continue to strike at us or be smart and flee. Regardless, we'll not be able to find it unless it chooses to appear. Callix, perhaps you should tend to Samuel's wound while we prepare for more arrivals. His weapon has ensured that everyone knows we're here, and our ruse is up."

She moves around the table and listens at the door. "Still," she adds, "we've made remarkable progress." She allows herself a tight smile.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 39 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Yes, we are here. Let that witch come to us" Samuel looks sure of himself as he quickly loads once more his musket after a couple of outstanding shots.

"Search and secure the place while I take care of the atomie" the man does ready his musket once more to shot at whatever enemy, being the atomie or a new soldier.

Readied action:

Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Them getting away is Irritating...We have limited time now, before reinforcements likely show up, let's move She Keeps her sword out, She'll Check the dead guards for anything useful as well as Mierul


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix nods at Samuel's statement, "Good plan. I'll get my axe and then heal him. Letitia, some of the gear might be magical, especially from that fiend. And I can't detect magic if I'm healing."

She shrugs at Ashling's statement, "Fleeing fey just means one less thing to kill. I suppose it might try to raise an alarm, but like Letitia said, the firing of Samuel's handcannon pretty much assured that anyone nearby is on alert."

She walks around to Mierul's corpse, reclaiming her masterwork axe, wiping it on the fallen things clothes disdainfully, muttering, "Should have dealt with her when we first met..."

She slides her normal axe to her belt and keeps the masterwork one in hand as she draws the healing wand tied to her belt to wash away Samuel's wounds. No time to just bandage and heal him naturally..

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


RoW Maps

the two soldiers have the same equipment as the ones you fought outside of the tower:
chain shirt
light steel shield
cold iron longsword
light crossbow
10 bolts
cold weather outfit

the atomie has nothing of much value to you, just a tiny-sized bow, tiny sword and some needle-sized arrows.

Mierul has a potion, a vial of blue liquid, a light crossbow, and a necklace worth 500 gp. only the potion is magical.

Letitia puts her head to one of the doors, and hears some sort of commotion on the other side. it sounds like someone is banging around something made of metal on the other side. they are not being at all quiet, but you don't hear any voices.

Samuel aims his gun around the room, but nothing appears. yet.


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia frowns at the sounds coming from the door.

"There is someone banging metal in the next room. I believe we should keep moving and find our way to Radosek rather than wait for them to come to us. The guard said he was involved in some ritual."

She looks uneasy. "Did you hear Mierul? The force we ambushed was not the one sent for Nadya. Likely, it was the one we allowed to pass us by."


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 39 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Ah! Thanks Callix!" Samuel seems relieved as his wounds heal up "They might be alerted, but they do not know yet what happened"
HP 27/27 AC 18 TAC 15

"Can you block that door with some of the furniture?" the Taldan signals at the chairs and tables around "It might gain us some time to proceed as suggested by Letitia. Radosek must be close"

"I now you are there atomie, you cannot hide forever" Samuel scans the room for signs of the flying fey while holding his readied action.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix nods, "I know, but I wasn't going to give that.. thing.. the satisfaction of thinking she bested us."

She takes a breath and says, "Letitia's right, we need to be on the offense. I think we're better bursting in on a witch trying to finish a ritual than one who has time to use his magic to prepare for battle. Fortifying here would be a losing proposition... our own magical protection and boosts will expire, and they can wait them out... And that's before we add in any other troops they'd have time to prepare.."

She points at the door with her axe, "We've still got some wee bit of surprise in our favour, let's use it."

She then winks and smiles as she adds, "Of course, anything we can do to secure our backtrail - furniture, caltrops, traps.. is probably worth doing, just to avoid being caught in a pincer."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia looks around. "There are too many doors here in this room. Plus, this is where the ice portal transported us. There are too many ways for us to be surrounded, and be surrounded quickly. Let's move. I shall open this door; ready yourselves."

Once the worthwhile loot's been gathered and everyone is ready, Letitia opens the door to the metal banging. She also uses the door as cover against any attack from whatever's inside.


HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"I am ready" Alec said as he moved to stand next to Letitia. He offered up his spear to Letitia. "Would you mind holding this for me? I think my blade would serve me better in here."

"Open the door" he said with fire in his eyes and steeled resolve. "Let them come."

His mind raced as he moved over to the door. The thought of more combat didn't bother him. Instead he was concerned over Nadia. He couldn't tear his mind away from the patrol that they had let slip passed.

Assuming Letitia accepts the boar spear, Alec will draw his falcata again.
It's a simple weapon so she could use it if she chose to.


RoW Maps

Letitia throws open the door and finds a strangely angled room with narrow walls. cabinets line the edges of the room, and an array of boxes and barrels fill a lot of the floor space. a chopping block, water barrel and cauldron stand near the only door to the room. the smells of fresh bread and stew fill the air.

Inside, a small, grey-skinned humanoid with long pointed ears is busily working with a number of pans, trays and utensils. when the door opens, he spins around with a clatter of metal as he drops a pan full of chopped veggies.

he yells out
"Nire ustez, ez nago inongo asaldurik! itxaron ... zer arraio zarete?

Aklo:

I thought I said no intteruptions! wait... who the hell are you?

knowledge local DC 14:

This creature is a spriggan. they are a sup-species of gnome, and have some innate magical abilities. chief among these is the ablity to change their size at will as per the Enlarge or Shrink Person spells.


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia accepts the spear but holds it fairly awkwardly.

She frowns at the strange language that the gray-skinned being speaks.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"I've no idea what the being is, or what it is saying."


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 39 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

K. local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
"He is an spriggan. They can enlarge to the size of an ogre. He is probably just the cooker. We better just close here and try the next door" but Samuel addresses the spriggan anyway but he tries so in Sylvan "Вы плита? Мы ищем Радосека, вы можете указать нам его комнату?"

Sylvan:

"Are you the cooker? We are looking for Radosek, can you point us to his room?"

"Radosek? Do you know where he is?"
Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

I thought I said no interruptions! wait... who the hell are you? Ashling looks at Letitia speaking in Common, I speak the language, i will translate. She points to Letitia

To the Spriggan in Aklo:

She is Jadwiga, i am her bodyguard, there is currently trouble on base, can you give us directions


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix pauses, not bringing up her axe just yet as she waits on the gnome-thing's reaction, This must be what it's like for the others when we're speaking Skald...


RoW Maps

the spriggan stops short, eying the group for a second. then he replies to Ashling

"Oh, beraz, gaur gauean aparteko janaria behar dut ... bai, nire sukaldean buruak estutzea ez da azkarrago etorriko. Jadwiga edo ez, utzi sukaldea nirekin eta itxaron besteekin."

Aklo:

"Oh so you're the ones I'm having to cook extra for tonight... well, poking your heads in my kitchen ain't gonna make it come any faster. Jadwiga or not, leave the kitchen to me and wait with all the others."

he makes a shooing motion with his hands and moves to close the door again.

Do you stop him, or let the door close? what do you do next?


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Aklo:

Apologies for the interruption, We will be out of you way in a moment. Could you point us to Radosek?


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 39 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel tries to hold the door a second to give Ashling the opportunity to ask about Radosek, but otherwise let's the spriggan to close the door and focus on his things.

If the group does not manage to get the information from the spriggan the Taldan does propose "We can just try the next door north of the corridor"


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Seeing the opportunity to avoid a fight, especially with a creature that could become the size of an ogre if Samuel is to be believed, Letitia lets the door close.

"Agreed. Let's find some way out of here. And keep an eye out for ice patterns in the floor. That will be the means for us to return to the first floor. Once we finish our task, we'll have to figure out our escape."


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

The door closed, Callix quietly asks in Taldan, "Should we spike the door to try to keep the cook from interfering?"


RoW Maps

the spriggan just Harrumphs at Ashling question and shoves the door closed, clearly not in a helpful mood.

there are 4 more doors visible in this room, 3 in the hallway past the nymph statues, and one that mirrors the kitchen door on the south side of the room.


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 39 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Good idea Callix!" Samuel looks at Alec "You are good with the tools friend. Can you jam the lock of the kitchen door?"

The Taldan then moves to the first door in the corridor "Let's try this first door to the right, then we can continue counter-clockwise"
See my token in the map
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia nods her agreement with Samuel's plan. She stays ready for when the door is opened.


HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

"It'll take a moment, but yes, I think I can" Alec said as he sheathed his falcate and unstrapped the shield from his arm. He opened a small pouch on his waist and pulled out a set of small tools. Kneeling down in front of the door, he went to work.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

I am surprised none of you speak Aklo Ashling comments readying for the door


RoW Maps

Samuel does not hear anything through this doorway, but a careful testing of the latch finds the door is unlocked.

Move your pawns to where you want to be when Samuel opens the door.


HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Following his friend deeper into the ice fortress, Alec took up position next to Samuel. Mentally bracing himself for what came next, Alec simply nodded that he was ready.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling seeming devoid of fear takes the front


RoW Maps

the party gathers around Samuel. as soon as everyone is ready he eases the door open. on the other side of the doorway, there is what is easily recognized as a library. Floor-to-ceiling shelves line the walls. An ornate wooden table sits in the center of the room, covered with open books and an array of lit candles. there are 6 wooden chairs, one of them knocked to the ground.

An ulfen woman stands at the ready beside the overturned chair, a massive 2-handed sword held in front of her. she is clearly an experienced fighter judging by her stance. She doesn't even speak before moving to attack you.

Initiative:

Initiative Callix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Initiative Aisling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Initiative Letitia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Initiative Alec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Initiative Samuel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Initiative soldier: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Unfortunately for her, you are all also expecting trouble and almost all of you get the jump on her.

bold may act:
Ashling, Letitia, Alec, Samuel, female soldier, Callix


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 39 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Samuel observes the giant sword in the hands of the woman "You are not the witch. Whom are you?"

But when the woman approaches menacingly he decides to trigger his musket and burst her with a bullet. The Taldan steps back then, not wanting to fall victim of the sword, and reloads.
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
HP 27/27 AC 18 TAC 15
Bullets: 35


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Seeing the way the woman appears familiar with the heavy sword of hers, Letita decides to bend fortune away from the Ulfen. She targets her with a potent hex that promises ill luck.

Misfortune Hex: Will DC 15. If she fails, for all d20 rolls she rolls twice and takes the worse.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Striding forward, Alec focused his anger and swung his falcata straight at the woman's humongous sword. Hoping the maneuver would catch her off guard, he aimed to send the woman's massive sword flying out of her hands.

Disarm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling goes to attack with her scimitar, spinning a vertical slice downward

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


RoW Maps

Both Samuel and Ashling find their mark, doing significant damage to the woman. Letitia casts a potent hex at her.

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Failed will save. how long will that last?

the woman swings at Ashling after taking a hit from the small human, hacking and spinning her blade in a flourish in front of her.

sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 = 7 halved damage = 3 damage

The whole party may act

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: none |

Party Condition: Hex Ward on all
Callix HP: 24/24 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 20/20 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 26/26 - AC: 18/12/16 Status:
Samuel HP: 27/27 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 20/24 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Black Rider mode

NPCs:
Swordswoman: HP: -20| AC: 21/19? | status: hexed, shield of swings


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Would Callix be able to tumble into the space left of the door to get into melee range, or would that piece of furniture partially in the square be an issue?


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 39 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Are you the witch guard?" Samuel asks while he maneuvers his musket trying to shot over Alec's shoulders and into the swordwoman.
Musket+PB (soft cover, touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

After the bang, the High Sentinel quickly reloads his musket once more.
HP 27/27 AC 18 TAC 15
Bullets: 34


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Misfortune lasts just through the end of my next action, unless I get the Cackle hex to extend it. And it's only d20 rolls, not anything else, unfortunately. But fortunately, it includes saves.

With the woman apparently hexed, Letitia throws another hex at the woman, this time sending her asleep if she succumbs.

Will DC 15 or fall asleep for 3 rounds. The Misfortune hex should still be applicable for this, so she needs to roll twice and take the lowest.


RoW Maps

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
misfortune?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

The woman seems unaffected by Letitia's hex, but Samuel is able to hit her again with a shot aimed carefully past his allies.

bold may act:
Callix, Ashling, Alec, Swordswoman, Letitia, Samuel


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix leaps forward, tumbling carefully through the door before springing to her feet, axe in hand, using her momentum to strike at the woman.

Acrobatics (Threatened Square): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Cold Iron Axe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Alec's blade slashed low, aiming to open the woman's leg as his shield pushed out to smash the woman in the chest. The more experienced fighter was able to see the attacks coming and they posed no real danger to her.

Falcata, two-weapon fighting: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 2 = 9
Slashing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Shield Bash, two-weapon fighting: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 = 10
Bludgeoning damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


RoW Maps

the group presses in, Callix and Samuel both causing more wounds to the woman.

Ashling slices again with her scimitar
scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
but is unable to get through the spinning defenses of the fighter.

the woman is bleeding from several wounds and decides to move to a safer position. she steps back, pulling a vial off of her belt and drinks it quickly.
[ooc]5' step back, draw a potion, drink it[/dice]
some of her wounds seem to seal up as the magic of the potion does its work
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 7) + 3 = 15

The whole party may act

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: none |

Party Condition: Hex Ward on all
Callix HP: 24/24 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 20/20 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 26/26 - AC: 18/12/16 Status:
Samuel HP: 27/27 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 20/24 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Black Rider mode

NPCs:
Swordswoman: HP: -18| AC: 21/19? | status:


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix rushes around the table, making sure she doesn't cut off Alec, striking once again with her axe, "A healing potion? That just means I have to hit you again. Surrender would have been the better option."

Masterwork Axe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Ooh! Threat
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Ugh. Boo.

Normal Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Seeing that the woman's defenses are stout, Letitia throws another hex at her, this time making it easier for her allies to hit her.

Evil Eye hex, -2 AC for 7 rounds, DC 15 to reduce it to one round.


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 39 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"I will get that move as you are working with the witches to attack Taldor. Bad decision!" Samuel steps forward to have a clearer aim, and shots again at the guard, this time without the cover of other members of the party.
Musket+PB (touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Quickly, he reloads once more his weapon.


Female Human Oracle 2 / Lore warden Fighter 2 | HP 29/29 | AC:18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 /Resist: 2 Cold| Fort: +5, Ref: +4(+6 if winter), Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Init: +4 (+6 if winter), Perception: +1 (Snow Sight)

Ashling moves forward following and continues to swing her blade but swings wild and misses once again. She activates the powers of the mantle once again to bring a cold aura

cold aura damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


HP 20/30 AC 19, Touch 12, Flatfooted 17, CMD 21, Saves F +7, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs. divination; +8 vs. nonlethal from cold); Perception +8, Sense Motive +1; Init +2 | Status: Normal

Stepping forward to pursue the woman, Alec sent his blade straight for the woman's chest while he brought his shield above and towards her face.

Falcata, two-weapon fighting: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Shield bash, two-weapon fighting: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 2 = 7
Bludgeoning damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RoW Maps

the group presses in, outnumbering the woman. Callix and Samuel both score hits, and ashling tries to chill the woman with the black rider magic. she seems to not be as effected by cold as you might expect.

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
her defenses are weakened by Letitia, but even that is not enough to allow Alec and Ashling to strike true.

the woman lashes back, trying to catch Ashling and Alec in a wide swing of her sword
sword v alec: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
but her injuries slow her down and she is unable to hit even one person.

The party may act. this woman looks to be very heavily injured.

GM Red Sun wrote:


Stat Tracker
Global Condition: none |

Party Condition: Hex Ward on all
Callix HP: 24/24 - AC: 17/13/14 Status:
Letitia: HP: 20/20 - AC: 12/12/10 Status:
Alec HP: 26/26 - AC: 18/12/16 Status:
Samuel HP: 27/27 - AC: 18/15/13 Status:
Ashling HP: 20/24 - AC: 18/14/14 Status: Black Rider mode

NPCs:
Swordswoman: HP: -35| AC: 21/19? | status:


HP 34/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 39 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Seeing the woman badly injured Samuel just remains with her musket aiming at her while he keeps close to Letitia in case someone else goes into the room "You should better surrender before it is too late woman. I will not repeat this"

If the woman attempts to keep her attacks, Samuel shots at her.

Readied attack:

Musket+PB (cover, touch and precise shot): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11
Piercing/Bludgeoning damage+PB: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Skills:
(Acro +11; Climb +5; Diplo: +1; Heal: +7; Know(Religion) +4; Sense Motive: +2; Spellcraft +6; Survival: +6)
Female Human (Ulfen) Warpriest 4
Vitals:
(HP: 31/31 AC: 18/13/15; Percep: +6; Init: +3; Fort +7, Ref: +4, Will: +6; CMD: 17; CMB +4; Speed: 30;Resist Cold: 2)

Callix takes a small step to the side, trying to help surround the strange woman and have her split her guard, even with the wounds and Letitia's curse. Let's end this as quickly as we can,, she thinks, deciding to save her magic for whatever else the tower may hold as she raises her axe again in another quick strike.

Masterwork Cold Iron Axe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Well, that's a miss.

Edit: Ninjaed by Samuel - would not attack if there was another call to surrender... But I think Callix is first (because she's at the end of the previous round).


HP: 26/26, AC 17 t:12 ff:15, f+2 r+3 w+4 Perc +10, init +2 Active: mage armor

Letitia rankles with frustration. I give this woman Misfortune, yet she hits anyway. She doesn't fall asleep. I strip away her defenses, yet my companions cannot seem to hit her. Are my hexes worthless, or are my allies inept?

Seeing as how this woman may be standing for another swing of her sword, she throws another hex to give the Ulfen less accuracy in her attacks.

Evil Eye hex, -2 to attacks. Will save DC 15 to reduce to one round.

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,623 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Red Sun's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.