Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


501 to 550 of 16,607 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Karnog," Argrim replies while waiting for the gnome. "Best case scenario, the gobbo's here alive when we return. Potentially, it can help us to the biggun's camp, and maybe it can teach Nib how to speak its language. We could get some good recon from it."

"Worst case, it disappears with my new rope. Another warband? We should be ready for it anyway out here. You're not afraid of a bunch of gobbo's are you?" he finishes with a punchline of a popular dwarven joke and a wide grin.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Bah! Right, lets go look into that cave. Hefing his axe, Varl falls back into line ready to move on.


Evil GM

Varl the folded bird has nothing written or drawn on it. It was a simply craft.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"Sadly, this tosses the paper only was a waste of my... I mean, OUR precious time. It said nothing..."

And then,

"I agree with that dwarf fellow. Killing this poor thing would only lower us to their level and increase the hatred among your races to no profit. Alas, I think he wouldn't last long in the wilderness on his own. If he survives, then it will be the god's will... or don't you trust in god's judgement, brother Karnog?"


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Be careful, Nib. It's not polite to question a devout dwarf's faith." Argrim attempts to keep it lively. "C'mon, Nib. Before he makes you a little shorter with that hammer of his."

Argrim starts toward the cave entrance at a sneaky pace with his head on a swivel. He still has his bow in hand.


Evil GM

Argrim and Nibb in the lead need to each make a perception and stealth check in your are only moving 10 feet stealthily.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Ack! This'll be fun.


Evil GM

Argrim Only:
I will need a reflex save put it under a spoiler.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Ack! This'll be fun:
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Evil GM

I need to wait for Nibb's rolls before I reveal the nastiness that awaits you.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

And so, here is my
Perception check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
and my
Stealth check:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Now I feel like Indiana Gnomes has gone ninja!


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

BTW, can I cast Message on Argrim (and me, of course) before going into the cave?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Fine, lets let the monster stay tied up. Its not likely that decision will bite us in the dark, humph" Karnog snorts derisively.

"This hammer, and the strength the Great Creator lends me, IS a manifestation of his judgement on this world." Karnog glowers at the gnome disparaging his faith. "I'd not expect an outsider like you to understand."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 15/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Dwarves are among those that believe these extradimensional monsters are worthy of worship. Very ...set in their ways."


Evil GM

Argrim you hear the unmistakeable cracking sound as the twig crumbles below you and you fall into a camouflaged pit.

fall damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8

As you hit the ground you understand that life has gotten much more deadly as the distinctive hissing sound resonates.

goblin snakes: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

initiative:

snakes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Argrim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Nibb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
goblin Archer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Initiative:
goblin Archer
goblin snakes
Nibb
Argrim

Nibb you suddenly see Argrim disappear 10 feet in front of you. it appears as if he fell into a hole.

MAP


Evil GM

GA Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Nibb you hear the whizzing of an incoming arrow that is coming from the cave area. It is coming right at you Nibb, who is flat footed.

arrow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The arrow that strikes you is a goblin longbow arrow.


Goblin NPC

Rd1:

Argrim you can see bones of several small creatures, game animals and what looks like goblins in the bottom of this pit. You see four gray, lipless goblin head with serpent's fangs sits atop the sinuous black body of this greasy-scaled snake in the pit with you. Three of immediately attack,

Snake 1 belches you need a DC 13 Fort (poison) or be sickened for Rds: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Snake 2 bites at you flat footed
bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Snake 3 bites at you flat footed
bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The fourth snake does not act, yet.

It will take 1 Rd for the trailing party to catch up to the area. I'll roll you in at the end of the round.


Evil GM
Nibbfir Grumepgarth wrote:
BTW, can I cast Message on Argrim (and me, of course) before going into the cave?

I will assume that you cast message once you began scouting again. So it's active now.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

HP 15/24
AC 19 to these things
Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Woot! I forgot his +2 vs. poison from Hardy. Looking at the Climb check, is the pit considered a chimney and very rough wall? I hope so.

Argrim sees the nest of snake nastiness and understands his peril. "I'm in deep crap down here. Need a rope fast if I don't get out." He whispers to Nib.

He stows his bow and tries to climb out fast. Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

>MAP repost<


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"What!? Aarggh...!" Nibb cries when his shoulder is hurt by the passing arrow.

("Rope? There's no time to be fooling around, dwarf. The goblins are attacking us!")


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Yells? To the fore! "


Evil GM

Argrim the hole is 10 by 7 and 20 feet deep. It is rough rock (DC 15 climb), you can here that last snake hissing.

Nibb can you update your stat line to reflect the damage you've taken for the arrow. Also, take your action, so I get the others in the game.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Would the perpendicular bonus offset the climb fast penalty?


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Is the rubble in H-5 and H-6 enough to provide cover (any cover)?
If so, Nibb is going to move behind it (H-4) and take cover. With the standard action is going to pull out the silk rope and grappling hook from the haversack

HPs changed.


Evil GM

Argrim yes the PB will offset the FC, but this is not chimney like -its too wide for you, so that won't stack.

Nibb you see the rock pile, it looks like potential cover from your POV.


Evil GM

Remaining PC's initiative:

Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Varl: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Rammellorn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Vatlida: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Initiative Rd 2

GA
Snakes
Varl
Kalim
Nibb
Karnog
Rammellorn
Argrim
Vatilda


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Then:

Nibb, trying to find cover from the incoming arrows, move quickly behind the rocks. Crouching behind them, Nibb put down the crossbow, open his haversack and tries to pull out the silk rope and grappling hook as fast as he can, in order to help the dwarf...


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"By His Beard!" Karnog moves towards the altercation, drawing shield and hammer as he moves. (20' towards where Argrim & Nibb are.)


Evil GM

Nibb: When the wearer reaches into it for a specific item, that item is always on top. Thus, no digging around and fumbling is ever necessary to find what a haversack contains. Retrieving any specific item from a haversack is a move action, but it does not provoke the attacks of opportunity that retrieving a stored item usually does.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 15/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim moves forward to E-1looking for goblins. Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Nibb: When the wearer reaches into it for a specific item, that item is always on top. Thus, no digging around and fumbling is ever necessary to find what a haversack contains. Retrieving any specific item from a haversack is a move action, but it does not provoke the attacks of opportunity that retrieving a stored item usually does.

I was just trying to roll with it. Since I moved to the rocks, then getting the items from the haversack should cost me my standard action, and going prone is a free action (I guess) to get the cover bonus...


Evil GM

Nibb I didn't want you thinking it was was difficult to find the item. It's good you were rolling with the RP.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Just our luck. Varl mutters spitting. Breaking into a run the Dwarf warrior rushes towards the hole that Argrim fell into.

Double Move gets me to the edge of the hole I believe.


Goblin NPC

As Argrim moves to climb out the last goblin snake attacks.

Snake: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

It misses.

Your welcome for me not taking the 4 AOOs. To avoid AoO you really need to do a withdraw action.

You manage to get 10 feet off the ground as you climb frantically.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn rushes to aid the fallen dwarf and extract him from the hole as quickly as possible.

Double move to D-4, then drop silk cord to him on next turn.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
Sewer Goblin wrote:

As Argrim moves to climb out the last goblin snake attacks.

[dice=Snake]1d20+2[dice=damage]1d6

It misses.

Your welcome for me not taking the 4 AOOs. To avoid AoO you really need to do a withdraw action.

You manage to get 10 feet off the ground as you climb frantically.

Yes, thank you. I thought of that after I posted my Climb check. I was going to change my action to full defense, but I had already rolled. Cheers


Evil GM

Rd 1:

goblin Archer - hit Nibb for 6HP
goblin snakes - One of the four snakes bit Argrim for 1HP
Nibb - moves to H4, then retrieves his grapple and rope
Argrim - fast moves up 10 feet of the wall in the snake pit.

The rest of the party moves up closer.

---

GM:

GBS: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Rd 2 begins

GA
Snakes
Varl
Kalim
Nibb
Karnog
Rammellorn
Argrim
Vatilda
GBS

Everyone but Argrim and kalim (already took perception) can make a perception check.

TRAIL TO CAVE AMBUSH MAP


Evil GM

Rammellorn we were posting at the same time, I moved you to bring the game forward but will change it on the next map.


Evil GM

The goblin snakes are going to climb up.

GS 1: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
This one does not get off the gorund

GS 2: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
This one moves up 7.5 feet then lets use a rancid belch that surrounds the dwarf.

GS 3: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
This one fails to get off the ground

GS 4: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

this one moves ups 7.5 feet.

One fort saves against poison DC13.
sickened rds: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Goblin NPC

The GA takes aim and fires his longbow taking aim at Varl. The distinctive whizzing sound of an incoming arrow can be heard.

1=varl, 2=rammellorn 1d2 ⇒ 1

longbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda skirts north around the pit as her eyes darken again. She puts herself in between the archer and those pulling up the rogue, and raises her shield.

"Iks shlar degga ven gorcha."

Aklo:

"I'll cover you from the goblin."

(double move to (F,-7)
perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

>Ambush map repost<


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Someone drop that blasted archer!"

Karnog will move to where he can encompass the party with a channel (D-5?).

1d6 ⇒ 1 healing to all within 30'.

3/4 channels remaining


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Rammellorn lowers silk cord and yells to Agrim in Dwarven to tie it on tight.
When it is secured, Rammellorn will begin to assist him out of the pit, by pulling him up.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim coughs and tries to spit out the snake crap that he just inhaled. Thankfully, the gnome finally drops a rope. He hopes he can climb up in his sickened condition. Climb with rope: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 = 16

"The snakes are following me out of here!" Argrim yells having heard his non-sneaky teammates arrive.


Evil GM

So far nobody has seen the archer.

Argrim you grab a rope and begin to use it to climb higher up to the top edge of the pit.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 15/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim holds until he sees the archer.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Grr...where is the bastars shooting at us? Anyone got eyes on 'I'm?"

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 perception


Evil GM

Rd 2 update

GA - hits Varl for 5 HP
Snakes - tries to climb up the wall, 2 can't while 2 do. one sickens Argrim.

Varl
Kalim
Nibb -
Karnog - moves to D5 healing surge 1 HP
Rammellorn - throws rope to argrim
Argrim - graps rop climbs to the top edge.
Vatilda - dbl moved to F7
GBS

UPDATED AMBUSH MAP

501 to 550 of 16,607 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.