[PFS] Wizards Wanted (Gameday 6) (Inactive)

Game Master Curaigh

A PFS Gameday gathering of wizardly types to share spells in the spirit of cooperation. Fallen Fortress


301 to 320 of 320 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Half-Orc (junglekin) Conjurer 1 | HP: 4/7 | AC:16* T:12 FF:14* | CMB:+0 CMD:12 | F:+1 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per:-1 | SM: +0 | Attack: Acid Dart +2 (ranged touch, 4/7) (1d6 acid) | Silver Crusade | Speed 30' | *Active conditions: Mage Armor. |
Spells memorized:
1st—grease (DC 16), stumble gap[APG] (DC 16), summon monster I; 0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, read magic

Torgat sees the battle between Piotr and Tasskar move out of sight of the east (?) doorway. He glances nervously at the north (? at the top of the screen) door, but stays on the throne, an acid dart readied should Tasskar reappear at the east doorway.

"Voarima, Ylania - maybe one of you could cover the north door with your bow?"

Readied acid dart: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d6 ⇒ 4

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She will ready her spear for when the guy shows up again


Isn’t that a crit threat by piotr?

Grand Lodge

Female Elven Transmuter Wizard *Ench/Illuson* | HP: 6/6 | AC/FF/TCH: 17/14/13 | F/R/W: 0/3/2 Initiative +9, Perception +0, Spellcraft +11

Voarima casts gravity bow on her trusty longbow as the battle ensues outside her view. She than readies an arrow after stepping back a few feet to get a good view of all the possible entrance points.

readied arrow, add +1 to Atk/dam if within 30’: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 92d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 2 = 13


Summoned celestial pony | Melee 2 hooves –1 (1d3+1) | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | hp 17/17 | F +7, R +4, W +0 SR 5 | Speed 40 ft. Init +1 | Senses darkvision 60, low-light vision, scent | P +5 | Resist acid, cold, electric 5
Ancient Dragon Master wrote:
Isn’t that a crit threat by piotr?

Facepalm. Yes, yes it is. The -1 to Piotr's attack rolls messed me up. I was just excited that he hit!

Right hoof, crit confirm?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 41d3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

Phooey.

Scarab Sages

Human Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC:12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) T:11 FF:10 | CMB:-1 CMD:10 | Saves F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init:+1 | Per:+0 | Darkvision 60ft

"Should we make our way up there or stay down here? I feel useless, like an old dog." Gaderffi grumbles, clearly eager to end the fight and escape this foul smelling tower.

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Drogun sways in place and yells for no reason, "Ah can go get 'em if yer wantin' this over!"


Silver ! Gold

The battle continues on the balcony. A celestial whinny echoes from outside the tower and then goes silent. All seems quite for a moment, only a slight sound of chanting in draconic.

Then the sound of a hundred feet marching approaches the doorway. The click of each footfall follows the previous in a strangely rolling cadence. The sound gets louder until at last you can see the 'army' come through the door. Fortunately, it is not made by fifty armed troglodytes, but from a single creature the size of Piotr. It crawls along wall on hundreds of feet and rushes over to the party.

The party's guardian sways in the face of the creature, the drunken motion repeated dozens of times in its multi-faceted eyes. The readied scabbard is also reflected in the vermin's but only briefly as it crushes through them. The magic holding the creature here is released and it disappears in oily-stinking cloud.

The Troglodyte chieftain also enters, the room, one hand still glows with the fire. The other has a long slash of flame dripping from it, sparks spatter as he drags its stiff form along the stone.

Tasskars entrance sparks another round of pathfinder preparedness. Wood and acid barrage him, Ylania's spear most notably protruding from his chest. It is not enough to stop him as he moves forward and swing at the half-orc screaming, "Get out of my throne!"

flameblade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7, v tch fire: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Gaderffi, Far, and Vestel have a readied action if you would like. Everyone has an action this round. XXIV

meanwhile, back at the balcony...:
R5 Tasskar attacks piotr(not knowing the duration, Tasskar continues the attack. Piotr at least soaks up a round of attacks.
R6 Tasskar casts spell.
R7 summoned centipede comes through the door, Tasskar casts another spell.
R8 Tasskar enters, attacks Torgat.

Dark Archive

Male N Elf Wizard (Conjurer) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 13  T 13  FF 10 W/Mage Armour: 17/13/14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +0, R: +3, W: +3 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init: +5 | Perc: +3, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Acid Dart: 3/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Acid Dart (Ranged Touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d6 ⇒ 6

Fars bolt of acid slams into the troglodytes chest, staggering him. He quickly follows it up with another dart, however the stench must have finally affected him and his second blast discharges harmlessly into the ground.

Acid Dart (Ranged Touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 ⇒ 5

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Seeing her foe emerge, she fires another arrow at him
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d8 ⇒ 5

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc (junglekin) Conjurer 1 | HP: 4/7 | AC:16* T:12 FF:14* | CMB:+0 CMD:12 | F:+1 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per:-1 | SM: +0 | Attack: Acid Dart +2 (ranged touch, 4/7) (1d6 acid) | Silver Crusade | Speed 30' | *Active conditions: Mage Armor. |
Spells memorized:
1st—grease (DC 16), stumble gap[APG] (DC 16), summon monster I; 0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, read magic

"I think thrones belong to those who can keep them. You've already lost this one."

He fires his last acid dart, then draws his club.

Acid dart (ranged touch): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d6 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

male Dwarf Barbarian (unchained) (Drunken Rager) 3 | HP : 23/38 | AC/FF/T 13/11/12 | Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +2 | Rage 8/12

Drogun steps forward and bellows at the trog while swinging his empty stein, "Yu spill'd m'drink!"

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Thunk: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf: HP: 23/23 | AC/FF/TCH: 16/14/12 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 l init +2 I Per +2 Wizard (counterspell subschool, Thassalonian Specialist)

Ready’d action-snowball from a scroll
snowball to hit, -4 target in melee: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
snowball damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort save dc 11 or staggared

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Those are great hits!


Silver ! Gold

Finally! :)

Magic continues to fly as acid and ice appear out of thin air. Another arrow also cuts into Absalom's would be ruler. Tassak, who took the recent earthquakes as a sign of his destiny, falls to the floor. His destiny instead seems to be a pool of blood and stink on the top of an once abandoned and soon to be forgotten tower. The fortress follows the troglodyte's end and eventually becomes known...
as The Fallen Fortress.

I hadn't thought about the trouble a wizard only party would have without any BAB. Even with the touch attacks that was difficult.

Kn Engineering:
Now that the heat of battle is over, it is easy to see that the east end of this floor is not supported. Too much weight on that side will cause the floor to collapse. Fortunately the crocodile died quickly and out of this area. And also fortunately the swarm summoning was interrupted, the eagle was flying, and the centipede and Piotr disappear without a corpse.

On Tasskar's body is a key and a masterwork scimitar. The chest holds Tasskar's treasure, some of it gathered from within the Fallen Fortress: a short sword, 15 cold iron shurikens, two flasks of acid, two potions (cat's grace and lesser restoration) and a wand of summon monster I.

Well done!


Silver ! Gold

Can anyone Take 10 to succeed on a Spellcraft check (DC 17)? If not you each get a single chance to make the roll. It is an evocation spell if it helps.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc (junglekin) Conjurer 1 | HP: 4/7 | AC:16* T:12 FF:14* | CMB:+0 CMD:12 | F:+1 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per:-1 | SM: +0 | Attack: Acid Dart +2 (ranged touch, 4/7) (1d6 acid) | Silver Crusade | Speed 30' | *Active conditions: Mage Armor. |
Spells memorized:
1st—grease (DC 16), stumble gap[APG] (DC 16), summon monster I; 0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, read magic

Torgat steps up.

Spellcraft, take 10: 10 + 8 = 18

What are we trying to identify?


Silver ! Gold

The key on Tasskar unlocks the door to the third floor. Two stone altars, one black and one white, sit at either end of this large chamber, which takes up two wings o the tower on this level. The crumbling remains of wooden benches sag in front of each alter beneath rotting ceiling tapestries Carved symbols and writings snake along the walls. The burnt corpses of two troglodytes lie in the floor in the center of the room.

This room is obviously (DC 10) a dedicated temple to Nethys in both his aspects: protection and destruction. The writing on the walls are quotes from Nethy's holy book.

Two humanoid skeletons, wreathed in auras of eternal flame inhabit this room. They defend the temple from any intruders; their jaws open in soundless screams as they raise their weapons and attack.

I am not going to run encounter, as they will neither pursue nor awaken any other encounters, you can pretty much take care of them as you restock on all your new spells.

The altars still contain their silver altar services as well as two silver holy symbols of Nethys. In addition a scroll rests atop each altar: scroll of shatter on the black altar, and a scroll of shield other on the white altar.

Torgat can get it into his spellbook, which destroys the scroll, but everyone then copy it into their spellbook from his (for 40 gp).

Tasskar and his follower fell afoul of the undead guardians in this ancient temple. Though they were able to destroy one of the skeletons, the fiery monsters killed two of the troglodytes. Tasskar immediately called a retreat and ordered the room sealed.

Liberty's Edge

Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 Defense AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex +2 Nat) hp /32(2d6+2) Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

If she takes 10 to identify magic items she get a 19 since she is an elf.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc (junglekin) Conjurer 1 | HP: 4/7 | AC:16* T:12 FF:14* | CMB:+0 CMD:12 | F:+1 R:+2 W:+1 | Init:+6 | Per:-1 | SM: +0 | Attack: Acid Dart +2 (ranged touch, 4/7) (1d6 acid) | Silver Crusade | Speed 30' | *Active conditions: Mage Armor. |
Spells memorized:
1st—grease (DC 16), stumble gap[APG] (DC 16), summon monster I; 0 (at will)—detect magic, mage hand, read magic

Torgat, a follower of Nethys, examines the ancient temple in awe (once the skeletons are destroyed). He takes rubbings of some of the carvings on pages sliced out of his journal, notes down which lines from The Book of Magic are displayed on the walls, makes bad sketches of the rotting tapestries and altars, and generally gawks like a tourist.

301 to 320 of 320 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Wizards Wanted (Gameday 6) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.