Out of the Abyss

Game Master ULTRAGEEK


151 to 200 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Let's search Jorlan; see what he has. At the very least, Sen, you can use his cloak."


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Ok, searching Jorlan for anything useful to escaped prisoners and anything I might be able to use as a disguise. Do I need to roll Perception or maybe Investigation or something?


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

And can we assist Sen in any kind of Disguise Check?


Human GM

Yes, Sen can make and investigation check with advantage. I shall roll to make the pace faster :)

Roll 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Roll 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Human GM

Sen succeeds. You find two daggers, some spell components, 15 gp, and some mithral armor


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

For the moment, as part of the disguise, Sen will probably take the armor and cloak. She will also claim one dagger or sword, at least until she gets her own equipment back. Does anyone have objections or suggestions?


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson nods. "Yes, you need to look as much like a drow as possible. I am not that handy with a sword, but this, this will do nicely. He hefts the iron bar. Thinking a bit longer, as he stands and walks over to one of the smouldering torches "I wonder if smearing some of the soot from this torch on your face would assist in the disguise. You know, to darken your complexion?

He turns back to Lanzera, "But yes, I think bringing them to us has less chance of having them sounding an alarm than an all out assault on their position.'


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Depends on how close I end up getting. It's worth a try, I suppose. Hands and face, probably. Can someone help me with this armor?

Sen begins removing Jorlan's armor and putting it on, feeling rather awkward about the whole thing. Really wish someone else could try this. I have no idea what I'm doing!


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Dieredon waits patiently while they prep Sen for her subterfuge.

You look like a right proper Drow at first glance. You need to get moving, now. We have your back. Drow are sneaky hiding folk, just like you. You should not have to say much other than, "I need some help with the prisoners."


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson helps Jorlan out of his armor and assists in getting it on and fitted on Sen. "You'll do fine. As Lanzera and Dieredon state, there is no need for you to go to them. Just call out for some help getting the prisoners together. No need for an elaborate bluff. I know I am not good at lying myself.


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Thanks. Sen adjusts the armor and cloak one last time, then steps out of the cell, moving with urgency.

Hey! she calls out in her best approximation of a Drow guard's voice and accent. Could use some help here! She promptly turns around and heads back to the cell, still moving quickly.

deception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
advantage: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10 If applicable, from the assistance I got with the costume and advice


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Uran will sit near the cell entrance, hunched and looking still chained, with the short sword hidden within his hunched form.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson huddles within a short distance of the front of the cell, the shackles on his wrists, attempting to look like they are still secured. The iron bar lies beside him, hidden from view.


Human GM

Grumbling, one drow heads forward. Mistress.... Are you not supposed to be in the shrine?


Female Elf Bard (modified) 3 || AC 14 || HP 20/20 || Initiative +3 || Passive Perception 17 ||
More:
Saves: Str +2 Dex +5 Con +2 Int +6 Wis +3 Cha +1 || Perception +7 Stealth +7 Investigation +6 Insight +5

Without properly turning around, Sen replies as officiously as she can. Do not question me! Just assist me!

Deception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
if applicable, advantage: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


Human GM

The drow continues walking, wincing at the verbal blow. What would you like, mistress?


Female Elf Bard (modified) 3 || AC 14 || HP 20/20 || Initiative +3 || Passive Perception 17 ||
More:
Saves: Str +2 Dex +5 Con +2 Int +6 Wis +3 Cha +1 || Perception +7 Stealth +7 Investigation +6 Insight +5

One of the slaves is being difficult. They must be taught a lesson.

To the guard remaining on the tower, Get down here! The vermin must learn their place!


Human GM

The second drow walks down to Sen. He kicks Stool, who whimpers in pain. Was it this one? Or was it that iblith? The drow points to the deep gnome who spoke to you. The deep gnome simply smirks


Female Elf Bard (modified) 3 || AC 14 || HP 20/20 || Initiative +3 || Passive Perception 17 ||
More:
Saves: Str +2 Dex +5 Con +2 Int +6 Wis +3 Cha +1 || Perception +7 Stealth +7 Investigation +6 Insight +5

They will make excellent examples, but no. It was that one. Sen points to Uran, hoping he still has a weapon hidden within easy reach.


Human GM

The two drow head toward Uran, reaching for his arms.

Only for my eyes :):

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Uran's Stealth check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Human GM

Uran, if you attack, you have advantage on the roll


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

I think we're just ready for Initiative, right? ....Is there a Surprise Round?

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

EDIT: Initiative is done in reverse order, right?


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Lanezra, Uran's attack is the surprise round. Not sure yet who else gets to go, but that one will definitely be part of the surprise round.

May as well roll initiative myself...init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Uran springs up with sword in hand and slices at one of the Drow.

Attack-melee: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Attack-melee (advantage): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage (crit): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Surprise Round

Dieredon steps forward and also attacks one of the other Drow.

SS Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
SS Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Will wait for the word on if I can act in surprise round or not.


Human GM

Uran's attack does little damage to the drow. They draw their scimitars
Dieredon's attack misses the drow
Every one (except the drow) can attack during the round


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Drawing the dagger I took from Jorlan and swinging at the nearest drow: dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Human GM

You have advantage, so I'll roll another roll for you :)
Advantage roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Sen's attack does a small amount of damage to the drow, who is surprised. Mistress....


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

To the drow, You dared question me. And still you question?


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Assumption - iron bar is similar enough to a mace to be considered a simple weapon and do the same damage as a mace. If assumption is faulty, please adjust accordingly.

Carson surges to his feet, the broken manacles clattering to the floor. Stepping between the drow and they myconid and deep gnomes, he raises the iron rod, swinging at the drow who struck Uran.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Damage if successful: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Extra Damge for Crit: 1d6 ⇒ 5


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Lanezra quickly looks at Jorlan to see his reaction and also turns his head outside of the cavern to see if any other drow are coming -- if all is clear he'll then try to grapple one of the drow.

Attack / Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Did I get advantage on my surprise round, too? If so, advantage roll below.

SS Att Adv: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Human GM

The iron rod strikes down on the drow, but does only a small amount of damage
The drown struggles to try and escape Lanezras grip

Please do not look :) :

Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Dierdon:

Yes, you do get advantage, but that roll is still to low to hit


Human GM

The drow manages to escape from Lanezra's grip. The other one draw's it's short swords, and attempts to attack Uran, stabbing once, then twice, with his shortswords. However, before he can even get close you hear a loud screeching sound. Both drow turn around, and rush out of the cave. Eldeth shouts Damn Demons!


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Quickly, to our gear!


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Lanezra follows Dieredon and others to where our belongings are supposedly (hopefully) being held.

.
.
.

DM, can you please describe the "screeching sound" and from what direction it came?

Also, what reaction did the two drow have not only to seeing Jorlan bound while we attacked, but more importantly, to the screeching sound?
Was it fear?
Surprise?
Anger?


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sen follows the others toward where their gear is supposed to be stored.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson follows the group out of the cave, iron bar in hand. Demons? That doesn't sound good.


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Uran follows along, wanting to retrieve his gear and depart this prison.


Human GM

The screeching sound sound unnatural, alien even. The very sound hurts your ears. The sound came from the left of the cell door. The drow reaction to seeing Jorlan lying on the floor was one of fear. They probably think Sen is a newly arrived priestess, and punished Jorlan
Going outside of the cage doors, you see 4 vrocks chasing 7 chasme. All the drow are staring, mouths open with astonishment, eyes alight with fear. None look your way, granting free passage
Stealth Checks have advantage


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

I take an instant to look at the Vrocks to see if they wear any heraldry or Holy Symbol, same thing with the Chasme, to see if they serve a particular Demon Lord or from where in the Abyss they've come -- then continue to follow whomever is leading us out of the cell, probably falling a step or three behind.


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Dieredon attempts to sneak by in route to his gear.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Nice sneaking! Anyone else going to roll for stealth?

Sen glides smoothly through the shadows, scanning her surroundings for danger - and the room/cave where her gear is stored.


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Uran attempts to quietly slip past the guards.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson follows the others, attempting to be quiet and stick to the shadows.

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15 with Advantage: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


Human GM

All of you, even your companions, manage to sneak past the drow. Inside the "Elite Barracks", you see fine furniture, and several bunks up against a wall. A quaggoth is there cleaning the bunks. However, instead of attacking, it flees, running into the next room.

Up against the wall, you see two chests. Upon opening them, one contains a short sword, a halberd, a crossbow and 20 drow poison bolts, some leather armor, and a change of clothes. The other case contains all of your gear, as well as several holy symbols captured by the drow (the holy symbols are:The symbols of Ilmater, Helm, Mystra, Mask, Tyr, and Oghma). On top of both chests are various spell components, nothing worth more than 20 gp. You may make a perception or investigation check to look for more gear


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Sen grabs her own gear and dons/organizes it, then searches the room for anything else useful and/or interesting.

It may be useful to have a Drow leading a group of "slaves", so if a different character would like to suggest that Sen continue the disguise, she would not object; it's just not something she'd think of. She's spent most of her life shunned by her own people for two reasons: her obvious Drow heritage, and her complete lack of magical ability. As a player, however, I definitely see possible advantages, especially given the current success of the charade.

151 to 200 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Out of the Abyss 5e All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.