Out of the Abyss

Game Master ULTRAGEEK


301 to 350 of 750 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Human GM

The lead Kuo-Toa gurgles something, then attacks Lanezra with his net! As his arm throws the net, you see the his holy symbol does not bear the image of Blipdoolpoolp, but of another god!


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

LOL

(worth a try -- shoulda looked at them)

Lanezra looks at the Kua-Toa.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

After relaying the word and seeing they have no effect, Uran prepares to repel the attackers as best he can.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Human GM

attk Roll against lanezra: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
If the net hits you, please make a dex save :)


Human GM

Lanezra:

You spot a dark form just at the surface of the water, getting ready to pop out

The net misses Lanezra and flops harmlessly into the water! But, as the Kuo-Toa is beginning to pull it out, a large form tugs it into the depths of the darklake!
Kuo-Toa 6 is being eaten by something.....

Urans Turn!


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"There's always a bigger fish!" -- pointing to the darkly aquatic shape.

.

I assume, now that I'm finally looking, I see the holy symbols or any heraldry on the Kuo-Toa. ( Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16)


Human GM

Yeah, you can see them lanezra


Human GM

Will dm bot Uran
Uran grabs his shortsword and attempts to run the nearest kuo-toa (Kuo-Toa 2) through with it. It hits the Kuo-Toa's side, creating a small gash
Attk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Dmg, if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Kuo-Toa 3 and 7 steer their boat till it is beside yours. Kuo-toa 2 attempts to throw his net at Sen, while Kuo-Toa 9 attempts to throw his net at Carson
Attk roll against Sen: 1d20 ⇒ 10
If it hits, make a dex save, please :)
Attk roll against Carson: 1d20 ⇒ 6
If it hits, make a dex save, please :)
Sen and Carson's turn!


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Are we still in the "boat", in the middle of the lake? If so, is there a penalty for shooting from an unstable platform? Also, am I in melee range of anyone, or can I safely shoot?

If I am not in melee range of an enemy:
longbow: 1d20 ⇒ 191d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Oops, forgot to add the +4 modifier for the to-hit, bringing the total up to 23

If I am in melee range of an enemy:
shortsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Not being one to give up an opportunity, Carson crosses from the floating shroom to the kuo-toa's boat, hoping that he can keep the fish-folk out of melee range with Sen, and allow her to shoot with impugnity. When he reaches the other boat, he swings the broken shaft of his unit standard towards one of the kuo-toa.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 bludgeoning damage


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

So, seeing their Holy Symbols now that I'm finally paying attention, do I recognize them with my 16 check?....


Human GM


Lol, sorry Lanezra. You recognize that these are of the deep father!

Sen's attack with her shortsword leaves the juo-toa with a large wound on his head. Carson's club attack leaves him on the edge of death
Kuo-Toa 1,8, and 4 attempt to push Carson into the water
Str check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Carson, pls make a dex or str check :)


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Deep Father:
I the Player know quite a bit about Blipdoolpoolp but have never heard of "The Deep Father" -- meaning he's a new WotC creation. Could you tell me what Lanezra knows about him with that 16 check? Mostly I want to know if he's Good or Neutral Aligned. We can ally ourselves with these Kuo-Toa if they're not evil. Lanezra would speak out in peace Immediately if he felt we could avoid bloodshed. (And saving them from a creature in the depths would be a good first step.)


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

With the onrushing fish-men, Carson steels himself, lowers his stance and raises his shield.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Human GM

Couldn't post at all today :( Have to go now, day has been hectic. Will update tomorrow


Human GM

Lanezra and Carson:

You have a sense that the Deep Father is Blipdoolpoolps rival, but that is all you can think of right now

Carson attempts to push back against the three Kuo-Toa, but with a mixture of luck and manpower they manage to knock him off balance.
Carson, will make a dex save for you, dc 15 (because of the boat rocking, and the kuo-toa's relentless pushing
Carsons dex save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


Human GM

Carson begins to fall into the water, but Eldeth attempts to jump and catch him.
Eldeths str check!(I think it's a +2. Will check again at home): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Carsons momentum proves to much for Eldeth, and he plummets into the water. Panicking, Topsy, Turvy, Jimjar, and Stool attempt to pull him out.
STR with advantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
STR with advantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Uran once again strikes out at the fishy enemy.

Attack-melee: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Human GM

Urans attack strikes and kills Kuo-Toa 2, just as Carson falls into the water!

Carson sees a large, floating piece of wood heading towards him


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

RD 1:

Lanezra reaches down into the water to help Carson back into the boat.

"Someone keep on the other side so the weight stays balanced and the boat doesn't tip over!"


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

The priest plunges into the cold water. Aware that there is something in the water, and VERY aware that his armor is weighing him down, He grabs for the floating object to assist in him keeping afloat, while trying to maintain a grip on the standard pole/mace.

Swim at Disadvantage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

That's a 13. Not sure what the DC is to stay afloat or swim towards the boat.


Human GM

Eldeth quickly rushes to the other side of the boat. With Lanezra assistance, Carson manages to grip on to the piece of wood, while keeping his grip on the banner/mace.


Human GM


Init order again:
Lanezra
Uran
Kuo-Toa 3
Kuo-Toa 7
Kuo-Toa 9
Sen
Carson
Kuo-Toa 1
Kuo-Toa 8
Kuo-Toa 4

Kuo-Toa 3 and 7 maneuver the boat so they are further away from the dark shape in the water.
Kuo-Toa 9 throws his net at Lanezra.
Attk roll: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Human GM

I'll just dm bot Sen
Sen strikes out again with her short sword, in an attempt to keep the Kuo-Toa off Carson.
Attk roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
DMG, if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Human GM

Sen's sword strikes out and hits Kuo-Toa 9, leaving a big gash in it's stomach.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Lanezra, helping Carson back in the boat, succumbs to the Kuo Toa's wrapping net and finds himself entangled and snared by the vile fish-men.

But Lanezra puts his hands back on his acquired halberd, a grin returning to his face, as Carson climbs back to safety.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Confused if it is my turn or not. If so...

Safely back in the boat, Carson opts to stay in the boat this time. Interposing himself between Lanzera and the kuo-toa, he raises his shield and speaks celestial words of power, "Helm, grant us your blessing, so that we may vanquish our foes and send them to the depths of this sunless sea! ZORGE IAD!" A bright silvery radiance burst out from his shield, settling onto Lanzera, Uran and Sen.

Over his shoulder, he spoke "Topsy! Turvy! Cuth Lanzera free!"

Bless - Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.


Human GM

The Kuo-Toa gasp in amazement at the light coming off from Carson's shield, and some begin to stumble back.

Topsy and Turvy rush and begin to cut Lanezra free. After a few seconds, they manage to do so, throwing the nets into the water.


Human GM

Kuo-Toa 1 and 8 throw their nets at Carson, while Kuo-Toa 4 throws it's at Sen.
Attk roll against carson: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Attk roll against carson: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Attk roll against Sen: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Uran again strikes out at the Kuo-Toa nearest him, the blessing from Carson steadying his aim.

Attack-melee: 1d20 + 4 + 1d4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + (1) = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

If still in melee range:
Sen slashes at the nearest opponent with her shortsword: shortsword: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (11) + 5 + (2) = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

If no longer in melee range:
Sen drops her shortsword in favor of her bow: longbow: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + (2) = 211d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Human GM

Hey Lanezra, it's your turn :)

Uran strikes out against Kuo-Toa 9, his sword shining brightly! The Kuo-Toa's previous wound expands, leaving it clutching it's side.

Kuo-Toa 3 and 7 abandon their position at the paddles, this time grabbing spears! However, as Kuo-Toa 3 is about to throw it's spear, a tentacle lashes out from the water, and drags the Kuo-Toa down with it! Undeterred, the other Kuo-Toa throws it's spear at Uran!

Attack roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
DMG, if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Will resolve Sen's action when Lanezra posts his turn :)


Human GM

^I edited this post, and posted it, but it swallowed my post! Just read the discussion, have to go now, so will post tomorrow :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Seeing Lanzera's note in OOC, I'll roll some dice for him...

Lanzera untangles himself from the net and strikes out at the fish man attacking Uran.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Damage if hit: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Human GM

Thanks Carson :)
Lanezra's halberd strikes out at the Kuo-Toa, who manages to sidestep the blow, avoiding it entirely!

Uran's sword, shining silver with divine light, stabs the Kuo-Toa in the chest! The Kuo-Toa is gasping for air, looking like it's clinging to life..

Kuo-Toa 3 and 7 abandon their nets, and instead grab spears. All three ready their weapons, but, suddenly, a tentacle lashes out from the water, grabbing Kuo-Toa 3 and dragging him into the depths. The water begins to turn red... Undeterred by the death of it's comrade, Kuo-Toa 7 throws it's spear at Lanezra
Attk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
DMG, if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Sen's attack finishes off the wounded Kuo-Toa, her blade also shining with divine light as it slices the fish-man in two!

Seeing that they are outnumbered with no member of the party injured, the remaining Kuo-Toa begin to paddle away as fast as they can!


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Let's get out of here, before that creature of the deeps comes after us!


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson nods his head, and grabs a paddle. "Remember well that symbol they bore on their amulets. While we may find allies among races of the Underdark, it appears that the followers of the One Who Swims Beneath Dark Waves are not among them." The takes a moment to catch his breath while looking at his companions. They fought well. Perhaps they would live to see the sun again.

He examines his comrades and asks, [b]"Is anyone injured?" He would need to dry his clothes and tend to his armor soon. In the chill of the caverns, the wet could prove a path to poor health.

Medicine to check health of compadres: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Human GM

Carson:

Either from superficial wounds inflicted by the Kuo-Toa, you know that your friends are ok. However, you sense that if they do not dry off, they could get sick.

Later, Jimjar says to Lanezra. You got a good look at those symbols. What were they ?


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Holy Symbols to Deep Father -- why my little gambit didn't work. Ah well, it was worth a try."

Humbly, Lanezra untangles himself from the net as gracefully as is possible, but probably looks as a smooth as a dwarf playing Twister.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Once they are away from danger, Carson begins to strip out of his armor. Pulling a spare set of clothes from his pack, he first changes out of his wet clothes, unconcerned for modesty, and then sets to oiling his armor. "Those of you who have gotten wet may wish to see to getting dry. With the chill of the caves, and whatever unknown taint may be in the water, it would be easy to take a chill. Once we can find a place to start a fire, it might be best to dry clothing." Hey turns to the gnome, "Uran, do you know of any lichen or fungus with medicinal properties? Something that would help ward off the chills and keep us healthy/"

Stopping from oiling his armor, he pulls out his healing kit and begins to rummage through it, looking for something which could be used to prevent sickness.


Human GM

Absentmindedly, Jimjar begins to talk I've been to the city of the Kuo-Toa not long ago. What I've heard from gnomish scholars is that they have the ability to make new gods simply by believing in them. Some dark things may have been spawned their. Very dark things, if their followers attack us on sight Hearing this, Eldeth mutters Crazy fishmen... and shudders


Human GM

Going to bot Lanezra :)
Lanezra mutters That doesn't sound so good... Turning to Carson, he asks Why would Helm and Oghma want us to go there ?
^Lanezra, if you think this is not what our character would say, feel free to change it :)

Topsy and Turvy begin to look for any nearby fungus or lichen that might help. They come back with two handfuls of a weird, green, moss-like material, and ask Uran what it is.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson considers this for a moment. "One can never be sure of the motives of the gods. Let's concentrate on getting there safely, and in good health first, and then we can investigate why we were brought there."


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

"There are many kinds of food here in the underdark, as well as raw materials to help build tools you might need to survive. I will try to point them out as we encounter them." the gnome says while cleaning his sword.


Human GM

Eldeth mutters. Let's take a rest before heading out. Not THAT eager to go to a place where dark things spawn..... I'll take first watch


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson checks their supplies of water and food. If water is running low, he will create more. If food is getting low, he will take note and prepare a purify food and drink after his rest.

"I agree, Eldeth. Wake us if anything strikes you as unusual. I will take last watch.


Human GM

Carson:

Your rations have about 3 days left.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

After oiling and cleaning his armor, Carson makes himself as comfortable as he can in a floating mushroom cap on a dark sea an unknown distance below the surface. When he is awoken for his watch, he checks his wet clothing to see if they have dried, and dons his armor. To himself, he prays, "Helm, keep me vigilant so that I may protect my battle brothers through one more day. Guide me on the path that will lead us all to freedom."

Perception if needed: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Prep: Cantrips: Sacred Flame, Spare the Dying, Thaumaturgy. L1: Bless (D), Cure Light Wounds (D), Create Water, Guiding Bolt, Purify Food and Drink


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

While on watch, Uran attempts to gather food (fishing) for the party. Having travelled the waterways of the underdark before, he is knowledgeable in the techniques used to gather food from this environment.

Using nature's explorer class feat

301 to 350 of 750 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Out of the Abyss 5e All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.