Out of the Abyss

Game Master ULTRAGEEK


101 to 150 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human GM

Jorlan lets go of Stool and staggers into the room. He pauses and draws his Scimitars. Don't move

Looks like its going to be combat time!!!!!!

Jorlan!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Stool: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Please roll initiative!


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

As Uran wrenches the gate open, Carson jumps to his feet, his shackles falling off his wrists. He speak, first in a whisper, but then rising in volume, in a clear baritone. IAD LONSH ZOL LOHOLO CAB! With the last syllable of the angelic tongue, he throws his hands out, wrists bent back,at the drow jail keeper, and a bolt of silvery light blasts out.

Cast guiding bolt: 1d20 + Wis Bonus (+2) + Proficiency Bonus (+2) (Not sure if that is right...) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Damage if hit: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4, 5) = 17 radiant damage and the next attack against the target before the end of my next turn has advantage


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Human GM

Carsons silver bolt glances off the drow warrior. Jorlan looks at you, his eyes filled with hatred

Current init order!

Stool
Carson
Jorlan


Human GM

Just looked at the stat block for the drow(finally found my monster manual) Jorlan draws two Shortswords, not scimitars


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Not sure what I'll be doing without my equipment...I guess I have time to think of something...


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Is there anything I can pick up and throw at him? What damage does that do?


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Quick, grapple him."


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Round 1

Dieredon moves in quickly and attempts to grapple the drow.

STR: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Human GM

Ok, init order
Stool
Dieredon
Carson
Sen
Uran
Jorlan
Lanezra

Before Dierdons move, Stool runs toward the edge of the cell, far away from the combat zone

Jorlan attempts to dodge the grapple
He has disadvantage. Will roll two dice, take the lower one :)
Roll 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Roll 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Human GM

Jorlan is too slow, and is caught in Dierdon's grapple


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sen grabs a piece of debris form the floor and throws it at Jorlan.
attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
disadvantage if applicable: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 let me know if it should be something else. But really, how much damage can one do with a random piece of rock when that's not something they normally do?


Human GM

The rock bounces of Jorlan's armor, failing to do any damage. Jorlan does not seem to notice, and is locked in Dierdon's grapple.
Since Carson already made a move, it is Urans turn


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Taking the piece of flint he found, Uran slashes at the held Drow.

What stats for the flint should I use..and can I use Dex or Str?


Human GM

Since it's like a dagger (which has the finesse property)I'd say you get to choose


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

and damage? same as a dagger 1d4?


Human GM

Yep :)


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Attack-melee: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Human GM

The dagger narrowly hits Jorlan, but harmlessly bounces off his armor. Staring with hatred into Diedrons eyes, Jorlan attempts to break out of his grapple.
Dierdon, to speed things up, I rolled for you :)
Dierdon: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Jorlan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Human GM

Jorlan fails. He looks thoughtful, then states. You know what, just go. As long as it undermines Ilvara and Shoor


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Dieredon maintains the grapple as he shouts to the others.

Take the keys off of him, then clear out! Get to our gear.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Wait, what? We're not going to execute him for crimes against poor Stool?

"We should at least question him and bind him. He'll know how we get back to the surface, at least.

"I don't believe your Drow lies, Jorlan. You release us without even a fight so you can kill us later!"

.

I'm initially speechless at this!

If we allow him to live, though, it'll be a great lesson for my future Paladin to learn -- yes!


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

I agree. We should either restrain him or kill him and loot the body. But Sen really doesn't care either way. As long as we get a head start.


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

We cannot bind him without our gear, unless we shakle him here. Let's just lock him in, and take his weapons. Grab his keys, already.

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf Flowing Monk 2

"His crimes are alleged. We would need to hear his trial before executing him. To do otherwise would be no better than what they have done to us." Carson takes the keys off the drow. "Take his weapons. We may need them. Jorlan, we don't do this to undermine anyone. We do this for our freedom. If we meet again, at least we will be on equal ground.".

if possible, I would like to try and knock him out, then leave him unconscious in the locked cell, shackled of we have a set that isn't ruined.


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sen steps out Into the hall, looking around intently.
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 to see if anybody has notice this altercation and come to investigate.


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Dieredon grabs the shortswords.

Who would like to use one?


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Uran moves towards the elf to take one of the blades.

"I'll take one, if it is alright with the others." he says while looking over the others to see if anyone else was wanting the weapon.


Human GM

Sen's Perception Check:

You see two guards looking standing atop a tower, and looking your way. They do not appear to look suspicious however, perhaps thinking that you are a guard trying to stop a fight between prisoners.

Carson: Sure, just make an attack roll with weapon of choice :)


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sen steps back into the cell. We'd better be careful, she says quietly. There's a couple of guards out there, watching from their post on a tower. They definitely saw me, but I don't think they were suspicious. Yet. Almost to herself, she adds, almost sarcastically, Guess there are advantages to being part Drow.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Lanezra, seeing the knocked-unconscious and now manacled Jorlan, follows along behind Carson, Dieredon D'atarisian, Synna, Uran, the female dwarf from Gauntlgrym and Stool -- deep in thought.

So, one can show mercy even to Drow. Moreover, Jorlan does not seem as bloodthirsty as I learned from my dwarven foster-clan. I think I should no longer make generalizations. Jorlan does not seem to be like other drow; indeed, he did not even holler out even though there are guards in sight around the corner.


Human GM

From behind you come three deep gnomes, 1 slightly older that the rest. Were you going to leave us behind? Can we go with you? The one that looks the eldest speaks


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Dieredon looks back over his shoulder, and nods with a grimace on his face.

Why not, everybody else is.


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sen shrugs. You'll have to pull your own weight. Even if that's just helping us find our way out. She looks out again, checking on the guards she saw earlier.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson secures the drow in some shackles. Raising the iron bar above the drow, he says, "This is going to hurt, but we can't leave you conscious, or they would suspect you for collusion." He brings the bar down on the back of the drow's skull.

Am I proficient in 'iron bar'? Perhaps, equivalent to light mace?

Iron Bar Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Add two if proficiency counts Damage if hit: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Assuming same damage as mace.

He moves over to the deep gnomes. "Of course you can come with us. We need to move quickly, before the alarm is raised. If I can't get these chains off." Using Jorlan's key, he unlocks their shackles and moves toward the open gate. "How far away are they? Do any of you think you could sneak up there and distract them?


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Gear first, Carson.


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Uran goes and speaks to the deep gnomes and guarantees their release. Armed with one of the short swords, Uran stalks forward to join the others in planning their escape.

"Do you think you could get up close and take them by surprise? I might be able to sneak along, but having them focus on someone else would help a lot!", he says to the half-drow Synna.


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

I can try. Anything in particular you recommend I say or do?

The name is Sen. The alias has a different name because 1)"Sen" was already taken as an alias, and 2) even if it hadn't been, this is the second version of the character I've posted, and is was using both at the same time. Thanks for remembering.


Human GM

As the metal bar strike Jorlan in the head, you see him go limp. His head starts bleeding. Looking at the rest of the party, the deep gnome speaks. Hm... while you do that, how about a few of us sneak down over there.. The gnome points to a enormous stalactite. That's where I saw 'em take my weapons when I was caught


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson sees the blood begin to trickle from Jorlan's skull. Half of him considers just walking away, and half of him urges stablizing the drow. Yes, he is cruel and evil, but his 'assistance', whether actual conscience, or a ploy to maneuver into a better position in his society, is allowing them the chance for escape.

After a moment, Carson reaches out and touches the blood, speaks a word in an effort to spare the dying elf. Then he moves to join the others. He surveys the area to determine what options they have.


Human GM

Jorlan appears to have recovered from the blow, his head no longer bleeding


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson looks at the tower and then the rock column the gnome pointed to. He then glances at the gnome in an attempt to determine the small man's motive.

Insight: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

"I figure, if the guards are focused on Sen, then maybe a few of us sneaky types could get close and take them out before an alarm sounded. What do you think?"


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"I suggest a tactic of trying to bring them to us: Sen can go up there with some kind of gambit to draw them down here. Maybe tell them Jorlan found some missed treasure on a prisoner and, while Sen would normally try to keep it all for herself, she is afraid that she can't take out Jorlan all by herself, but-- if the two guards team up with Sen they can get the treasure from Jorlan and split it three ways. And hey, neither Ilvara nor Shoor will care if Jorlan is gone!

"One of the prisoners pooped out twelve really nice gems and, after forcing the fey and the myconid to clean them up, Jorlan took them for himself.

"The guards would NOT tell anyone else about the treasure and they're likely to come down quietly."


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sounds like a good plan, but I'm not sure I can pull it off. Sen gestures to the unconscious Jorlan. Help me get enough of his uniform on to look like a guard. I definitely won't work if I'm dressed like a prisoner.


Human GM

Carson:

You detect nothing unusual about the gnome

101 to 150 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Out of the Abyss 5e All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.