Out of the Abyss

Game Master ULTRAGEEK


201 to 250 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human GM

Sen does not manage to find anything useful Just a few dusty books containing rituals to appease lolth


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

And how are those "not useful" to someone who studies anything she can get her hands on? Sen probably didn't find anything because she found the books first and got distracted!


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson dons his armor and the rest of his gear. He takes a look around for any other useful gear. "These holy symbols are not those drow would use, at least not your standard drow. They may belong to other prisoners. Lanzera, would you carry some? I will carry the rest.".

He looks around, his eyes settling on Sen. The ice blue eyes, run over the half-drow for a moment. "you know, Sen, it may be beneficial for us if you kept up this deception for a while longer, at least until we get out of this prison and into the Underdark proper. Would you be willing to act the evil drow matron for a while longer? Perhaps some of their gear would aid in the deception."

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sen looks up distractedly from the tome she's attempting to decipher. Hmm? Oh. She thinks a moment. Actually, that's a really good idea... I suppose that makes sense. But I want my bow back in one piece. She hands her bow and quiver to Carson (as it was his suggestion) and finishes gearing up with the Drow gear instead.

She doesn't need all the melee weapons, and unless we have too many spellcasters for the available spell components, she should probably keep some for appearances. She can't actually cast spells, and she doesn't know the Divine forms, but she actually does know a large number of spellforms, which may be somewhat useful if she needs to cast a spell and one of the others can actually manifest the effect for her.


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Dieredon gathers his gear, don's his armor, and draws his bow.


Human GM

Dm pc-ing Uran :)

Uran grabs the crossbow, and hand it to Sen Drow soldiers use these, it may add to your disguise After that he grabs another shortsword. The deep gnomes and Eldeth grab their gear, while Stool waits nervously at the door.
Sorry I didn't respond to your post earlier Lanezra: You see no holy symbols on any of the drow. However, you may make a intell check to learn more about these demons, same goes for the rest of the players :)


Human GM

By drow I mean demons, sorry, just realized


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson helps the others into their armor and checks the condition of his gear. He notices the myconid by the door. "Do you require any gear, Stool? And where would you suggest going from here?" While talking with the 'shroom, he peers out at the demons in the cavern.

Demon Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Human GM

For Carson:

You remember hearing the major members of your temple speak about the demons, and how they emerged from some where in the under dark. However, your memories are fuzzy, and nothing else comes to mind

Before Stool can speak, one of the deep gnome's speak. I suggest you go to one of our cities. Stool's already told me his doesn't know the way home, but after you go onto the surface, I can help take him there. And, sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My names Jimjar

After Jimjar finishes speaking, you can hear Stools voice in your mind. I.... don't know how to use weapons... But I can carry the rest of your gear


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson looks between Dieredon, Sen, Lanzera and Uran, asking "Any other thoughts on where we should go, other than 'Out of this place'?"


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

"Away from here" sounds good. Jimjar's suggestion of heading for one of his peoples' cities seems like a good plan. I say we head there first, rest and regroup, and make further decisions then.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Let's get away from here first, then from a more safe place, decide whether to go to the Deep Gnome settlement or the Myconid colony. That's my vote."

.

earlier--
Oghma, god of knowledge and sport. Yes. I never thought of it before but it suits me. I could be a devotee of Oghma, studying where I journey. ....But first I must escape with these good people from danger.
Lanezra takes and wears the Holy Symbol of Oghma, and stores others for later as Carson requested.

Lanezra also takes the Halberd that we found, as well as the scholar's "kit" and other items stolen from him by the Drow captors.

OOC:
Okay, I have a deity; it won't be too much longer, I don't think, before my experiences in the Underdark lead me to become a Paladin.

Knowledge on Demons (from Earlier): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Human GM

For Lanezra:

You remember hearing some of your fey friends speak about the demons, and how they emerged from some where in the under dark. However, your memories are fuzzy, and nothing else comes to mind


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson nods, "OK, lets head out. Jimjar, is it?" He gauges the deep gnome with some interest, attempting to dicern if he can trust the small one, but is unable to read anything from the gnome. "Lead on. Sen, you'll need to lead, in case we run into any patrols. Is anyone unusually perceptive? It would be good to have someone up front who can hear or see anything approaching from the front. I'll volunteer for rear guard, so we don't get surprised from behind. He looks around to determine if the others have other suggestions.

Insight into Jimjar's Motives: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Dieredon draws an arrow to his long bow.

I will work out front with Sen.


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

[Motions to Dieredon] Don't make your weapons too obvious. This charade will only go so far. You may be perceptive, but that doesn't do us any good if they see your weapon before you even have a chance to see them. I probably will be able to see them before you can.

To everyone: Weapons and lights hidden but accessible, please. I know I can't keep this up if we're caught with weapons drawn.

Satisfied that everyone has their gear as well hidden as possible, and that her own gear is hidden beneath the stolen Drow robes and safely stowed with the others, Sen heads out after consulting her companions on which direction to start in.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 120' Darkvision
stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 to hide from our captors and their minions]
survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9[ooc] to find an efficient route out of here with the fewest Drow/minion/demon encounters possible


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Hey Synna, I will be ready to fire if we are discovered. You may see them before me, but you do not shoot as well, my friend. You will thank me later.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

The name is Sen, thankyouverymuch.

Perhaps. That is, of course, assuming we survive to freedom. Not a guarantee, currently.


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

I am sorry and I am not sure about everyone else, but I am going to continue to forget your name because it is different than your alias. Why can you not simply create an alias that actually has your name attached to it? It is unfair of you to consistently assume that your fellow PbP gamers are going to remember your name when it does not appear on the board, thus forcing you to remind us every time.


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14
Dieredon D'atarisian wrote:
I am sorry and I am not sure about everyone else, but I am going to continue to forget your name because it is different than your alias. Why can you not simply create an alias that actually has your name attached to it? It is unfair of you to consistently assume that your fellow PbP gamers are going to remember your name when it does not appear on the board, thus forcing you to remind us every time.

Explained it before and will explain it again: the alias name was taken, but I'd already created the character, name included, for offline purposes. Names are the hardest part of chargen for me, so I refuse to rename a character just because that name is taken as an alias. I do not assume you will remember on your own; I take pains to use Sen's name at least once per post. The ooc reminders are meant as friendly reminders; if they come across as annoyed or rude, I'm sorry. Social interactions are somewhat difficult for me, and doing it in writing is even harder. I'm really sorry if I've offended you or come across as rude/arrogant/whatever. I will try harder to avoid that in the future.


Human GM

You find a short route, exiting to north of the prison. No drow try and stop you. Soon, you feel true freedom, slightly quelled by the fact that you are still lost in the Underdark.

Carson does not sense anything odd about Jimjar


Human GM

Sorry I did not say this earlier: everyone gets 30 xp


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson leans against the rock wall of the tunnel. He takes a sip of water from the skin before holding it out for others. {b}a"Alright, one obstacle down. Now, to get to some place where we can call 'safe'. Jimjar, how long is it to your settlement?"[/b]


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sen keeps alert for danger, but takes time for a few swallows of water and a bite or two of trail rations.


Human GM

Jimjar responds That... I do not know. But this is the right way to Blidingstone


Human GM

Jimjar begins walking throughout the tunnels of the Underdark, with Uran and Lanezra close by. Uran, using his ranger skills, quickly makes a mental map in his head, should it ever be useful


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson waits for the others to fall in behind Jimjar, before taking his place at the rear.


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Dieredon follows closely behind Jimjar near the front of the party with his bow at the ready.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"I can be near the front, but, with this Halberd we found, I should at least be a step behind the furthest forward person.

"Jimjar, may I ask, how welcome are outsiders in your community? Will we be accepted?"


Human GM

Turning around, Jimjar speaks Yes. Us deep gnomes only hate drow, duregar, and any other hateful being.From behind you, Eldeth mumbles Still think we should have went to Gauntylgrim The two other deep gnomes who accompany Jimjar are silent


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson silently takes note of Eldeth's comment as he trails the group, his ears always open, and glancing behind him on occasion.


Human GM

I remember posting twice yesterday. My computer sucks
Eldeth shudders. This place..... it's not natural She's right. The darkness seems to press in on you from all sides. There is no illumination except for a few types of glowing fungi on the walls. You feel as if something could jump out of every corner, every shadow. The two other deep gnomes, who, when prodded by Jimjar, introduced themselves as Topsy and Turvy, try and cover your tracks. While they do so, Jimjar talks in a quiet whisper, even when it seems as if nothing is around. It should take around 10 days to reach Blindingstone, if we move fast, and the drow do not catch us At the mention of the drow, Stool immediately becomes frightened and moves faster.


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sen moves as quickly as she dares, leading the group cautiously through Drow territory.

Wish I had my longbow...not sure I can use this thing as effectively. referring to the crossbow she's carrying


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Ten Days?! Wait, stop.

"Are we going to be able to gather enough food and find enough water between here and there, Jimjar?"


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson shifts in the darkness. The darkness brings back memories of night ambushes. Both them his unit executed and those executed against his unit. He never slept well in the dark. He understood the need to proceed with limited light, but it still made him uncomfortable.

"Water isn't so much of an issue. Once we have a chance to rest, I can pray for water. The drow left a couple days rations in my pack, but we best conserve what we have. Any chance to forage, we should take. I can assure that anything edible is safe to eat."


Human GM

Uran walks toward the fungi. This fungi could be edible. It might not taste good, but could help save our lives. He attempts to discern which fungi are edible and which are not

DM only :) :

Hey, you looked! : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Human GM

With a smile on his face, Uran continues speaking. This is Trillimac, it's edible, though it.... it isn't that tasty Uran continues taking the fungi from the wall, until he holds about 7 pounds in his hand.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Lead on."

As the group treks through the Underdark Lanezra spends more time pondering the nature of Divine magic and both the sacrifices and the advantages of committing one's life and soul to a deity:

Oghma is a respectable deity, one with whom I have similar personality traits and ambitions-- Knowledge, sport, travel. ....The defense of peace and furtherance of the righteous cause??? Hmmm. I'm not very strong and have so little real combat training or experience -- but I never tire of learning about Demons and Devils and their maneuverings in the Lower Planes. And since I'll never join them I must become better at fighting them.

I want to learn what is happening here in the Underdark. I want to discover the plots the Demon-worshiping drow are laying. But of course I also want to be safe. Is that true? Honestly I think I would rather uncover all the knowledge of the fiends in the Underdark even if it is not wickedly safe.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

"It doesn't need to be tasty to provide sustenance. After a while, even live grubs start to taste OK when they are all you have to eat."

When the group takes a break to rest, Carson takes some time to pray quietly. After a while in silent meditation, kneeling with his shield held in both hands before him, he returns. "Place the fungi on the shield, if you will. And your water skins, if you will" When Uran has placed the trillimac on the shield, and you all have placed your water skins down, the priest raises his hands over it. "Helm, we ask that you bless this food, so that we may go forth from this dark place, strong of body and mind. IEHVSOZ CACACOM! His final words reverberate clearly, and the fungi glows briefly with a silver light before dimming. Touching each of the water skins, he speaks again. "Lord Protector, allow these skins to be filled, so slake our thirst through this trial. AMRAMG TALHO!" With the final words, the water skins swell as the remaining drops within are multiplied.

When we break for rest, Carson will rest, prepare Purify Food and Water and Create Water, and cast them both.


Human GM

Uran places the trillimac on the shield. Jimjar and Eldeth do the same with their water skins, and when Topsy and Turvy return, they also place their water skins on the shield. As you open the water skins, you find that they are filled to the brim with what appears to be fresh, purified water.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Carson, while we're here at rest, can you spar with me -- show me how to fight? I have this halberd, a good weapon that can keep me a step back from my enemies.

"And thanks for the water; your god is helping us get through this."

.
.
.
.

"So, ....What is the plan when we reach Jimjar's home in Blingdenstone? We have to find a way to get Stool back to his Myconid Grove and the dwarves want to get back to Gauntlgrym -- not to mention our own desire to get back to the surface.

"Jimjar, I assume the leaders at Blingdenstone will help us?...."


Human GM

Yes, they will help you. The city does have a route to the surface, but we need to be quick to outrun the drow
Can you post ready in the discussion when you want to finish rp'ing and have the party stop resting? :)


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Before resting, Carson takes Lanzera aside. "I have not trained with the halberd. As standard bearer, I needed one hand, if not both, free to carry the banner. I'm more skilled with simpler weapons. But any training I can offer to you is better than what training you have now, or lack.

He draws what you first take as a mace from his belt, but on a double take, you aren't too sure what the weapon is. The one end has a steel weight on the end, somewhat conic in shape with the larger end on top. This is attached to a shaft of wood painted a bright blue, but the paint is gouged and nicked as if the haft had been used to block many a weapon. The end of the shaft is broken off in a jagged point.

"Let's see where you are first. For the next hour or so, the two spar back and forth. At first, Carson easily sidesteps the fey's blows, often stepping in to drive his fist into the man's side, pulling it at the last moment so what could have been a solid bow only resulted in a light tap. As the time went on, the priest gave pointers, "Hold your hands farther apart." or "Don't extend yourself so far." At the end of the time, the two men were covered with sweat.

The priest offered Lanzera his water skin after taking a long pull himself. "If this had been a real fight you would have been dead many times over. You have a long way to go. We'll practice again when we rest." As Lanzera turned away, Carson thought to himself, "If I can't be surrounded by my fighting brethren, I'll make myself more fighting brethren."


Human GM

Going to bot Lanezra :)
Drenched with sweat, but smiling, Lanezra thanks the Cleric. Thanks. That'l definitely help

Shouldering his pack, Jimjar, along with Uran the ranger, help lead you along the path. Topsy and Turvy are behind you, covering your tracks. Even as you are surrounded by your companions, you feel somehow alone, as if you are both with companions and without them at the same time.

Ok, can you establish the marching order. So far, I have Jimjar and Uran in the front, Stool and Eldeth in the middle, and Topsy and Turvy in the back. Can you just say whether you are in the front, middle, or back?


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sen is likely at or near the front, with her Drow vision and scout habits. Unless someone thinks she'd be better placed somewhere else. And until we feel comfortable that we won't be caught by randomly passing Drow going about their business (as opposed to hunting down escaped slaves), her disguise as a Drow priestess should also be considered in her placement within the group.


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sorry for being away..for some reason my link was not updating..had to go and re-find the link...

Uran and Jimjar make room as Sen moves into the front ranks.

"A good idea Sen. If we do happen to run into trouble with a Drow patrol, having you out front might make them pause long enough for us to gain an advantage on them. I will stay in front, like a slave-scout protecting his mistress. That way I can also keep an eye out for tracks and such. How does that sound?"


Human GM

5 Minotaur Skeletons and 2 Skeletons suddenly pop out of the darkness. Each brandish large weapons, enough to sever any prey in half

Initiative!:

Minotaur Skeleton 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Minotaur Skeleton 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Minotaur Skeleton 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Minotaur Skeleton 4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Minotaur Skeleton 5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Skeleton 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Skeleton 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Uran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Synna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Carson: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Jimjar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Eldeth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Lanezra would like to be third or fourth in marching order -- fifth is fine, too.


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Do I have a chance to see them before they see us?


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Quick question...Did I pick-up any weapons/armour from the prison? I remember going into a storeroom that was suppose to hold our equipment, but did not see if we actually got it back.

201 to 250 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Out of the Abyss 5e All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.