Out of the Abyss

Game Master ULTRAGEEK


51 to 100 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human GM

You are in a large cave, enclosed by a gate. The ceiling is about 10 meters(about 33 ft) high

Eldeth speaks."One of the guards here, Jorlan, hates the leader of this wretched place. Ye could persuade him to do something."Eldeth says, pointing to Lanezra. She continues.Demons have been attacking this outpost a lot lately. We could wait till that happens, then break out... just hope that happens before the drow give your weapons away to the duregar"


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Where are our weapons?


Rappan Athuk on roll20.net

Carson struggles against his restraints attempting to slip out of them yet again.

Would that be just a Dex roll or is there a skill involved? If dex, see roll below...

Escape from Shackles: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


Rappan Athuk on roll20.net

The big blond man stifles a cry as he dislocates his thumb, and the manacles cut deeply into his wrist, drawing even more blood. "I agree, we need to get out of here first." He looks at the dwarf, "Eldeth, I am Carson. Which one is Jorlan?


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

@Carson - we could try strength to break them, if someone has a decent modifier. Not me, as I've got mediocre strength. Decent Dex though...


Human GM

Before Eldeth replies, you hear Stools voice in your mind "T..the scary one. With a lot of scars. He used to be in a high position. Shoor has replaced him now, and Jorlan is angry" Stool cringes now, perhaps recalling the memory of a recent beating.


Human GM

Eldeth responds to Dieredons question. "They are kept in the Elite Barracks, and will be traded to the duregar soon.."


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

escape attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 to attempt to get out of the restraints


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

DM Ultrageek: Can we get a ruling on potential rolls, if any, to escape the shackles - Dex or Str, or neither?


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Big scary one, lots of scars -- got it."

Demons attacking Drow? The Dwarves always taught me that Demons and Drow menaced the innocent together. I guess one Drow House is at war with another Drow House and they're using their demon conspirators against each other. And it looks like that will be good news for us if we can use that distraction to escape.
.

"Hey guys, this will be the gambit I use when Jorlan comes to us; I'll play it off you and you can tell me if it sounds good:

"My god, you must be the King of the Drow; you're the most terrifying I've ever seen. Allow me to be one of your personal slaves, Master -- for if I am condemned to servitude I would serve the greatest rather than the least of Masters.
...."I could make a good spy for you, Master of Brutality and Betrayal, discovering which of your underlings conspire against you and observing weaknesses in your enemies.
...."I can prove myself to you with that other Drow; I don't know his name but he looks like--
(To Eldeth and Spool:) --"Can you describe Shoor to me please, Lady Dwarf of Gauntlgym or Mr. Myconid?"
...."Yes, Master of Clever Cruelties, I think I could try to fool that one, even though he is still a Drow. He seems less intelligent than you."

"Then I improvise something based on his reaction. I can grovel well and, if he is angry and feeling frustrated in his own loss of station, he will likely want a way to eliminate Shoor. I'm confident Carson can break out of the bindings with that 'crowbar' -- I will stay in my bindings, of course. If Jorlan comes in to get me, the strongest of you can grapple him while the quickest of you steal his weapon and kill him with it.

"If Shoor or one of the other Drow comes in first, we continue to gather information. I know this would allow the Duergar more time to take our stuff but we are limited in our options.

"What do you think?"


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

A few minutes later,....
I don't think I've ever felt this nervous before; I know I've never asked the gods for anything but I may actually pray. Wait, ....Carson--

"Carson, um, you're a Holy Priest of Helm, right? Could you, um, pray for me -- for us? I'm not asking for any spell or official Blessing or anything. Just a simple prayer. ....Um, I've never actually, you know, prayed before."

.
.
.
.

Down the road to Paladinhood, Baby!


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Wait, how does Eldeth know our possessions are in the "Elite Barracks" -- and how does she know about when the Duergar are coming and for what? Unless.....

Insight on the She-Dwarf, hidden for when you have a DC ready, if needed:

Insight: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson nods to Lanzera. "Yes, I will pray. Without my holy symbol, and with these," he holds up the manacles, " there aren't many divine prayers I have access to. Make the ground rumble, fires flare or dim, my voice boom, some minor healing, and something that may be useful, short commands that compel someone do do things, approach, run away, or... drop a key..."

The priest examines his shackles. His meaty fists weren't able to slip out of the restrictive devices, so he examines them to determine if he feels he could break out of them with sheer strength.

Gathering those in the cell in the back corner, he closes his eyes for a moment, speaks something in a beautiful, clear language. When he opens his eyes, they are shining with silver light. "Helm, we ask that you look down on us, and grant us your protection and guidance in this time of our need. Open our eyes to the way, and let us see the path before us, wherever it leads. And if it is your will, grant us freedom from this place so we may overcome the darkness these drow represent."

As he ends his prayer, his eyes dim. But a thought occurs to him, and he looks around the cavern.

Thaumaturgy for the glowing eyes.

How is the room lit? Are there torches or a fire or are we in complete darkness?


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

[ooc]My guess is complete darkness, or possibly a small source of dim light. Why would the Drow waste light on caged slaves?


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

slaves can't do a whole hell of a lot if they are completely blind...


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

We really need to have this moved along by the GM - Ultrageek - are you still with us?


Human GM

Sorry everyone!ok. Question answering time!
There are torches on either side of the slave pen
You can use either dex(To slip out of the cuffs) or strength(to break them) Both work fine. If you broke out of your own cuffs, and would like to get someone elses cuffs off, you can use dex (to jimmy the lock open) or strength(to break it off)

Eldeth replies to Lanezras question"Shoor looks like every other drow I've seen... except.... he has a black wand on his belt.... is always close to that b!#%h....and walks like he owns the place
Just as she finishes, Synna's cuffs slip free of her hand.

You all notice Carson's eyes dimming... And feel your cuffs loosen slightly

Made a small Gms ruling their ^^^^ You dont get divine intervention for a long time, but thought it would be cool to have a god answer :)


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Trying to slip the cuffs off - Dex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Human GM

One of Urans cuffs slide of his hand. However, the other is still stuck on


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

"Well I'm halfway there...little help anyone?", he whispers to the group.


Human GM

Uran: You can make a dex check or str check for using your free hand to break open the shackles or jimmy the lock open. :)


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Seeing Synna and Uran slip free, Carson strains against his cuffs again, this time, using brute strength.

Brute Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Human GM

Carsons cuffs fly free from his hand, allowing him to break free. However, on of his hands smashes against the wall, knocking his dislocated thumb back into place.

Not sure if this is how dislocated joints work irl. Saw something like this happen on tv though :).

Carson: In case you are wondering, no hit points are lost.


Human GM

With his free hand, Uran manages to free his other one.


K. So 3 people are free. Here is the list. This is so I just dont have to forget:
Uran
Carson
Synna (Sen)


Human GM

Sorry. Did not post the results of the insight check

Lanezra:
You sense that the dwarven woman has no ulterior motives. However, you sense that she gained this info from someone else... Possibly another prisoner... or a drow informant?

All of you hear a clanging sound, and a voice shouts. Oy! Finally did it!.... You owe me ten gold pieces, Eldeth Eldeth looks annoyed at this. I'll give it when.... if.... we break out She responds


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

(Whispering:)
"Hey everyone, see if you can make it look as if you are still manacled. We can succeed on any type of ruse more easily if it looks as though we're still in our chains."

Lanezra continues to keep a look-out while everyone attempts to break their binds.

Lanezra does not yet try to escape his own.


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

Dex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Human GM

Dierdon's cuffs slip free from his hands and fall to the floor. Elbeth speaks. "Like Lanezra said. Make sure they still think that we are still manacled. If I am right, Jorlan will come in an hour. You can talk to him then"


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson walks up next to Lanzera. "All the rest are free, you're next." Turning back to the group, "Uran, Synna, keep watch. Dieredon, Give me a hand with these."

The priest pulls Lanzera back into the shadows toward the moon elf. He runs his hands over the manacles until his fingers find purchase, and twist. Corded muscle and sinew stand out under his flesh as he attempts to break the iron.

Brute Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Human GM

Carsons efforts only manage to crack the steel. Another try will be needed, however, it will require less effort


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Please remember that the name is Sen and that the alias is a placeholder because the name was already taken. Thanks.

Sen rearranges the manacles to make it look like they're still restraining her and moves so she can see more of what's beyond the gate of the cell. perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carslon looks at the other man, "OK, Lanzera, I need you to twist, no, the other way. And when I say now, put some muscle into it. He moves his hands in an attempt to get better purchase on the metal. The veins in his arms stood out as he began to strain. "Now!"

Brute Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

"That's not going to work. Perhaps try slipping out of them now. They appear to be looser."


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

HULK SMASH: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

(or)

Will the REAL Grey Mouser Please Stand Up: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

.

"Ah, thank you, Carson. Now let's make sure we can make it look like I'm still bound...."


Human GM

With a combination of Lanezra's strength, agility, and a little bit of luck, he manages to break out of the shackles that bind him.

An hour late, Jorlan comes by with bowls of grey, unappetizing mush. he glares with hatred as he hands the bowls of "food" to each of the prisoners. Most of the prisoners, especially Eldeth, return his gaze, with the exception of Stool. The little myconid grabs his bowl of food and scrambles as far away from Jorlan as possible.

For Lanezra:

Eldeth whispers in your ear. Well, do your thing, and pray it works


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"My god, the King of the Drow stands before us.

"You're the most terrifying I've ever seen.
"....Allow me to be one of your personal slaves, Master -- for if I am condemned to servitude I would serve the greatest rather than the least of Masters.

"I could make a good spy for you, Master of Brutality and Betrayal, discovering which of your underlings conspire against you and observing weaknesses in your enemies.

"I can prove myself to you with that other Drow; I don't know his name but he carries a black wand.

"Yes, Master of Clever Cruelties, I think I could try to fool that one, even though he is still a Drow. He is clearly less mighty than you."


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson is surprised by the quill-pusher's burst of strength. But still, can he handle himself when things get dicey. We'll see

Later, when Jorlan makes his appearance, Carson sits nearby, his broken manacles around his wrists, ready to act if things go south.


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Uran sits near the gate to this cage, ready to react when, and if, the Drow takes their bait.


Human GM

Jorlan grins So, someone finally recognizes my greatness. Serve me well. Make sure everyone else serves me well. Gather as much information about that other Drow, and make sure your friends Jorlan points to the rest of you Do so as well. Then, I might let you free


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Free? That's not at all like what I've heard of the Drow...But even a semblance of freedom would likely give us a better opportunity to escape. Not sure I like this guy, though. I hope we - Lanezra - can manipulate him long-term without him noticing...


Male Moon Elf Fighter (Arcane Archer of Kyonin) 3; HP: 28/28; AC:14; Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 12; Second Wind 0/1 (SR or LR); Action Surge 0/1 (SR or L); Arcane Arrow 1/2 (SR or L)

After waiting for him to leave,

I suppose you have a better plan than this, mushroom? We should not trust that the Drow will set us free.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Uh oh how do I get him to stay longer or come inside?
. . . . Well, here goes the roll of the dice--

"I overheard him say the name 'Abraxas' -- he was speaking to a Drow Mistress in your language. Alas I am beneath understanding of your language, Master of Chaos Incarnate. It is too much for my small mind.

"But I saw them looking at the mushroom person when they were speaking of Abraxas; I think it knows something, a secret they want for Abraxas. They were going to use Abraxas-magic, maybe to rip out his secret. If you beat that secret out of the mushroom person then you will know the conspiracy between the skinny, black-wanded Drow and Abraxas."

.
.
.
.

EDIT: Maybe my character would use "Vhaerun" instead of Abraxas if he thinks that would be a better choice. Should I roll a Knowledge: Religion?


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson sits and watches, unsure why they don't just gang up on the lone drow instead of this attempt at deception and flattery. But Lanzera looks like he knows what he is doing, and the drow seemed effected by the man's obsequiousness.

When Lanzera begins to talk about getting Jorlan to beating the myconid, Carson's eyes narrow. "Yeah, I'm not about to let that happen. What is he up to exactly?"


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Sen tenses at the suggestion that Jorlan torture their cellmate, but does nothing. I hope he's got an obvious plan if Jorlan takes him up on that. I can't just let him hurt an unarmed civilian like that...


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

I'm under the impression that Jorlan is outside of the cell or pit -- or at least outside of our reach.

.

Come on, come on you arrogant drow, step inside our web to beat up someone we know you like to beat up on. Gotta get his 'secret' don't you?


Female Elf Sniper/Scout 1 || HP 8/8 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Yes, I got that. And as a player, I'm perfectly aware of Lanezra's plan. Sen, on the other hand, is not so certain, given that she has known Lanezra for at most a week. She's not the most trusting of strangers. Unless you've fought beside her.


Human GM

Hmm...Vhaerun...You, come hereJorlan points to Stool, who cautiously crawls over to him. All of you hear Stool speaking in your mind Help.. please Jorlan reaches for the keys attached to his belt, and pauses for a second, looking thoughtful

Nothing to see here, just some super-ultra-incredibly secret GM stuff!:

Hey, I told you not to look!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Human GM

Jorlan puts the keys in the lock and opens the door, all while unshackling Stool and pulling him out


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

As soon as the door opens, Uran grabs hold and wretches it open all the way...possibly pulling the Drow into the room??

STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

51 to 100 of 750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Out of the Abyss 5e All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.