Out of the Abyss

Game Master ULTRAGEEK


451 to 500 of 750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson nods gravely. He looks around at Eldeth and Lanzera, "Are either of you injured? Lets take a short time to get our breath. I don't like the idea of leaving Sen behind. How far are we away from there? We should at least go back and look for her. She fought well, and her bow would be valuable at our side."

If anyone is injured, let me know

Carson would suggest going back to look for sen, cautiously. We don't need to RP it out, but he wouldn't leave a battle sibling behind. I'm fine with "You go back and check out the scene, and there is no sign of her", and hopefully she joins up with us later.


Human GM

Eldeth nods Of course. She looks shamed. Should have never left a battle-brother....er.battle-sister...behind...not what dwarves do

At the kuo-toa city, you see the evidence of the demon kings rampage. Buildings lay destroyed, and bodies lay on the streets. The walls are stained with blood. Near the shrine, you can see large craters on the ground. Hunting for Sen, you find Uran's body on the ground, surrounded by dead fishmen. Sen is no where to be seen.

Back in the tunnels, Eldeth is muttering, and continually fingers her dwarven holy symbol.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson kneels by the body of Uran. He gathers the small figure in his arms and turns. "I don't know the proper rites for a deep gnome, but we can't just leave him here. His face is a mask, but his eyes are gateways to the haunted man's mind. Carring him from that place of destruction back into the tunnels, he lays the small body in a niche. Then he sets to work collecting what rubble he can to entomb the small warrior. After he sets the last stone, he turns and stands, his eyes glowing with silver light. He speaks in a clear voice.

Death reaps the beauty of the world--
bundles old crops to hasten new.
Be still, heart:
hold peace.
Growing is better than decay:
I hear the blade which severs life from life.
Be still, peace:
hold heart.
Death is passing on--
the making way of life and time for life.
Hate dying and killing, not death.
Be still, heart:
make no expostulation.
Hold peace and grief
and be still.*

Once the ceremony is over, and all who want to speak have spoken, he turns to Eldeth. "Lets go.

--Stephen R. Donaldson, 1977, Lord Foul's Bane, Chapter 17, "End in Fire"


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Earlier:
"Yeah, Carson is right: We're definitely going back for Sen. If we learned anything from the Kuo Toa it's that they (at least, sometimes) keep their prisoners before a sacrifice. This means there's a chance, slim as it may be, that we can come up with a rescue plan for Sen."

.
.
.
.
Lanezra silently watches Carson's prayer and rites for Uran.
I think cremation is better, no chance of various underdark creatures finding the deep gnome. But Carson is the Cleric and I simply don't know what Uran would want. And this does provide closure.

"Carson, if you don't mind, I think we should linger a while and try to find out exactly what happened here. We likely won't find any tracks leading away from a 'Sen'-like person. We likely won't discern if all the 'dead' Kuo Toa worshiped Blipdoolpoolp and find evidence that the other Kuo Toa have left. We likely won't discover the nature of that Abyssal Fiend that the other Kuo Toa conjured and where it went.

"But why not stay to look? We are not in danger; it seems. We have no pressing need to be in a hurry; it seems. Who knows what we may yet uncover? And knowledge in this place, especially, can help us greatly.

"I vote we stay and investigate more."

.

Like before, no problem with segueing our investigation and telling us we find nothing after a few hours of searching.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Please DISREGARD that last post.

I got a chance to reread Gameplay just now, from the end of page seven. There were THREE posts I either misread or completely missed: the reconnaissance attempt when Eldeth fell from the roof, the map with the 30 Kuo Toa, and of course, the emergence of the Aspect of Demogorgon! Completely missed it.)

I now know what happened. You can imagine my mix of triumph (at seeing my Demogorgon prediction come true) and my exuberant horror (at seeing my Demogorgon prediction come true). Fun moment!

Anyway, Lanezra would NOT want to spend more time searching. It's clear we've already searched and found nothing -- plus, we have reason to go directly to the Duergar city where Stool etc. have been taken.

Sorry for my confusion.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

No problem, Lanzera. Lots going on.

After spending some time looking for any sign of Sen, they give up the search. Hopefully the archer had also received Stool's sending and they would meet up with her later, but for now, they needed to move on. Carson, Lanzera, Uran, Eldeth, Stool and the rest had all escaped together with a plan to get back to where they all were from. Carson intended to seeing to that. And the first step was getting the band together again. With no sign of Sen, Stool and the others were next.


Human GM

Sen hasn't replied to my pm yet. Sorry about not posting yesterday, internet is really mean :( Can't post today, gtg now, some stuff happened, sorry. Will post tommorrow


Human GM

Eldeth begins to head back towards the tunnels, and once there you are yet again engulfed by blackness. The tunnel twists and turns, and you feel as if there are duregar surrounding you. You see a glint of metal on the ground, but it turns out to be an old dagger. Lanezra spots a few holy symbols (ones of Selune, Cyric, and Tymora). Carson sees a few insignias noting ranks in a mercenary company. Suddenly, you spot a white, blinding light.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Lanezra grabs the few Holy Symbols for safe keeping, not overly concerned about Cyric's. Feeling around for the others he asks for a quick, whispered, roll call, ensuring the group is still in tact and that no one has vanished in the darkness.

"Well Carson, I vote we head for the light." But I'm certainly open to other ideas to avoid walking into something from which we can't get out--"


Human GM

The white light, slowly dims down into the more comfortable light shown by torches. It appears that after being in the utter blackness of the tunnel, your eyes became sensitive to light. You can see the bearers of the torches are all grey dwarves, or duregar. One of them, who appears to be higher ranked than the rest, steps forward. Who goes there? He says in a loud, but rather boring and drab voice.

As Sen has not replied to my Pm, we're going to have to conclude that she dropped out. So I will recruit for 2 players, not one.

Oh, and Carson, the mercenary insignias are of Bregan D'aerthe


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

IRL, No idea who the Bregan D'aerhte are. You'll have to give me a bit more.

Merceneries. Bregan D'aerthe, if I am not mistaken. But on whose side were they fighting? Carson things.

"Light. Darkness. That's all this place is. One is just as good as another when we don't know where we are going. Just keep your weapons at hand and be ready for anything,"Carson replies.

When the Duergar appear, Carson's first thought is "Can't grey dwarves see in the dark? Never the diplomat, he grips his shield, but does not draw his weapon from where it sits on his beltt. He glances at Lanzera.


Human GM

Sorry about that. They're pretty much drow mercenaries who were founded by a drow rogue named Jarlaxle. They played a very important role in the downfall of a drow house. Here's a wikia page if you want to know more
As for the duregar seeing in the dark thing, forgot about that detail :) They're holding torches to make their presence known

Answer my question! The duregar leader barks


Human GM

Hey Lanezra, going to dm bot you :)
We're...uh... He looks around at his companions adventurers...
^You can change that if you want :)

Just then, one of the duregar's torch dips a bit lower to reveal a diminutive being, a gnome by the looks of it. He has fiery red hair, glasses, and ragged clothes. It looks like he was in the underdark for quite some time.
That's you Absalom! (you do look like that, right?)


M Rock Gnome Wizard (Evocation) 3 / HP 20/20

As the torch dips, Absalom blinks at the brightness, adjusting his spectacles on his nose. Seeing some faces that he recognizes (at least, in terms of species) he smiles a bit and waves to the self proclaimed adventurers.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson nods. "Yes, adventurers and travellers. We've been separated from some of our companions and are attempting to reunite with them." Carson eyes the red-haired gnome, attempting to discern if he is with the dwarves or a captive of. He also looks at the dwarves, and attempts to size up the competition.

Does Absalom appear to be a captive? Any visible restraints? How about the dwarves? How many are there? What condition is their armor and weapons?


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Lanezra speaks nonchalantly, casually, as if what he says is routine and he is bored with the events of the day.
"Greetings traders of Bregan D'aerthe; where are your Drow?--

...."We are Seekers-of-profit-from-on-the-surface just as are you, looking for some of our fellow conspirators after our participation in a Kuo Toa ritual ended in an explosion the size of an Abyssal Layer -- something about an Aspect of Demogorgon.

"From where, might I ask, are you coming and to where are you going?"


Human GM

The duregar snorts We trade WITH the Bregan D'aerthe, not for 'em. We're guards. And we live over there. The leader points behind him in Gracklstugh. If you would like to go there. Come with us. If you're lucky, all of you The duregar gestures vaguely at you 4 won't end up as slaves

[ooc]As for the bregan d'aerthe thing, sorry if I did'nt make that clear. The duregar are part of the Gracklstugh guard, while the pins are left by Bregan D'aerthe mercenaries that lost them for whatever reason[/b]


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Ah, you have slaves for trade?"
Lanezra seems to be under the impression the Duergar means they can sell us some slaves. As if the other is not possible and not worthy of consideration.
"Let us see what we may."


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Was there no reaction on 'aspect of Demogorgon'?


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson shifts uncomfortably at the mention of slaves, but keeps his mouth shut.


Human GM

Nah, not yet. They probably haven't heard of it, or don't bother to listen to anything but "seekers of profit" and "trade" :). If you read on, you'll see a reaction :)

The duregar, begins to lead the way to the city gates, which they explain, is somewhere you need to go to before going to any slave trading outpost.

As you walk through the tunnels, the ground at your feet begins to get smoothr and flatter, a welcome respite from the uneven passages to which you've become accustomed. Eventually, stone tiles become noticeable, turning the path to a proper road. You can see spots of light in the distance, blue-white and too regularly placed to be phosphorescent mushrooms. The lights are proper lamps flanking two massive gates blocking the tunnel. Three guards appear out of no where, one of which who looks to be a higher ranked than the rest. One of your guards heads toward the that dwarf, and whispers about your business. You can clearly hear one grey dwarf whisper "Demorgorgon", and see the others eyes light up. That is the only reaction, but it looks like the two whispering guards are holding a secret. You escort from the tunnels ushers you through. The slavers sell their wares in the darklake district


M Rock Gnome Wizard (Evocation) 3 / HP 20/20

Absalom walks along in silence, chains jingling. At some point he looks up at the newcomers. "Umm, excuse me..." he stutters, fearful of catching the guard's attention.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson calls into place with the grey dwarves. To his companions, he speaks quietly, "Stay aware. We don't know what the motives of these dwarves are. Perhaps they have a demon lord they need help with too..." To the red-headed gnome, he says, "So, what did you do to earn the hospitality of the duergar?

After they ar elet through the gate to the city, Carson turns to their escort. "Thank you for your service. If I may ask, is this one for sale?" He gestures to Absalom.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

The tunnel that led here, the one that eventually flowed to a smooth, and even worked, surface-- did it have plenty of side tunnels and branches leading to other places, or was it a straight line through the Underdark?

How many Duergar were at the 'gate'?

This area we're in now, are there places to run, deeper caves or tunnels in the distance?

How many Duegrar are with us, now?


Human GM
Lanezra wrote:

The tunnel that led here, the one that eventually flowed to a smooth, and even worked, surface-- did it have plenty of side tunnels and branches leading to other places, or was it a straight line through the Underdark?

It was pretty much one tunnel, which curved a lot. Every so often, there would be one or two side tunnels.

Lanezra wrote:


How many Duergar were at the 'gate'?

There were 3 duregar at the gate, plus the three that came with you from the tunnels.

Lanezra wrote:


This area we're in now, are there places to run, deeper caves or tunnels in the distance?

The place you are in now is the city of Grackstlugh. It's pretty much an underground city. There are side streets, alleyways, stuff like that.

Lanezra wrote:


How many Duegrar are with us, now?

There are 3 duregar with you now. When you reach the slave market stall, there is a vendor, so it would make four

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Put your rp with each other in spoilers on the way to the slave traders market, and the rp at the market in another spoiler
At the slave traders stall:

The duregar guard leader looks at Carson, then speaks. He's mine but... I'll give him to you... for a price He's obviously eyeing your drow weapons, the ones you stole on your way out of Velkenvelve.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Do you trade in information as well as magic, gems or gold," Lanezra yawns observantly.


Human GM

The duregar leader looks perplexed, but then a smile slowly spreads over his face. Of course. Give me the right anything, as long as I find it... agreeable , and I'll accept your deal.


Human GM

Will dm bot Lanezra
Lanezra turns to Carson and whispers. Should we tell him about more Demorgorgon in return for the gnome. I mean, it's clear he knows something, but probably not everything


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson nods. "We have first-hand information about what happened at the kuo-toa city. Would that be worth, say, this gnome?"


Human GM

The duregar smiles, and a cold, wicked grin is plastered on his face. Yes, that would be worth this puny little gnome

-After you tell him what happened
Once your tale is over, he removes the shackles from Absalom's hands, and pushes him over to Carson. He waves over to the slave market stall, where several bodies are hanging on the wall gagged. That's where the newest slaves are. Nice doing business with you He turns around and walks away.

Hanging on the wall, you can see the limp unconscious forms or Jimjar, Topsy, Turvy, and Stool. However, Sen is nowhere to be seen. Beside Jimjar hangs what appears to be a tiefling. Something strikes you odd about this tiefling. He, even when hanging, has the gait of an adventurer, wears almost no armor, has bronze scales all over his body, and has a spiked tail. Unlike the other slaves, he is still conscious.

That's you Mordal!^


|HP 7/20 bear 34/34|AC:14|Prof: +2, Str:-1, Dex: +0, Con: +2; Int: +0; Wis: 3; Cha: +3;|Init: +0|Perc: +5, PP: 15, Insight: +3|Speed 30|Spell slots 3/3 druid 1/1 warlock|Active Conditions: None

A glint of savagery in his eye. The tiefling hangs with his head bent low but a menacing look gazing upwards at the newcomers. A dance of Thamaturgy begins to ignite his eyes.

"What purpose have you in coming here," refering to the party. The tiefling seems to be completely ignoring the duregar as if they were not even there.

The stench of phosphorous is so strong you can almost see it drip from the tiefling. His thick tail unrestrained untwists from the shadows behind him, moving snake like although it is large with girth and more like a lizards. His small well defined frame seems to ebb with power. Somehow it seems like he has been "hanging around" purely out of boredom.

"I recommend you complete your business quickly, my small friends here may be... busssy," his forked tongue excentuating the s and adding deeper meaning to the word.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson looks over Jimjar, Topsy, Turvy and Stool, checking for injuries or any sign of why they are unconscious. To continue the charade, he looks over the tiefling, ignoring his question, but giving hima wink. "We could use some new attendants." He says to the duergar. "These five, what is their price?"


Human GM

The duregar merchant hobbles over, a limp in his left leg. He points towards your crossbow, as well as the two shortswords you took off Uran. Those three weapons will do fine. Drow forged, are they?

Sorry about not posting yesterday


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson hefts his crossbow. "This weapon is not of the drow. This crossbow was crafted in Cormyr for her majesty's own military and has seen me through many skirmishes. The priest unslings the crossbow from his shoulder "While it may not be special, or more valuable on the open market, I am sure you understand the value of a weapon that has served you well. He hands it over to the duergar, and nods to Lanzera to turn over Uran's blades. "If this chattel proves to be unworth of the price paid, I will be back to discuss this matter further with you. The keys to their chains, if you please. And perhaps you can suggest a place for us to stay while we are in town?" Carson is thankful the grey dwarf did not ask for cash as he has little, and is not sure if they would accept coin of the Realms.


Human GM

The duregar nods as Carson's statement and grabs the weapons eagerly. He tosses the keys over, as well as a few belongings taken off the former slaves (a knife, a bit of armor, a small mushroom, and all of Mordal's Gear). He then hobbles away, and but remembers Carsons question Only place that serves outsiders would be The Ghohlborns Lair, inn near the Blade Bazzar. Just keep on walking that way. The duregar points eastward, and you can see what appears to a marketplace, as well as a drab building right beside it.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

As we walk away:

To the Tiefling: "You're free to go; we don't believe in slavery. Just make sure you're at least out of line-of-sight from your enemies before wandering off."

To Carson, aside:
"I'd vote to leave the city of the gray dwarves sooner rather than later. Now that we have Stool and the others safely back, there doesn't seem to be a reason to stay, but only adds to the danger that we get caught.

"Oh ah, sorry about not helping you with that gambit back there; I was planning some elaborate tale regarding Blipdoolpoolp and the Kuo Toa and the Abyss, but I hadn't thought it through all the way and by the time I had my gambit ready, you were well in the conversation with the slaver. Anyway, sorry about that; I'm usually much more glib and quick-tongued.

"It was as if we reversed roles for a second: you did the talking and I did the looking-out. Maybe we're rubbing off on each other?"

Lanezra seems mildly put-out that we told the truth to a slaver-- An elaborate lie always works better for enemies -- but in the end we got our allies back and even freed another slave. Plus, we didn't ourselves get captured. I guess it's my own fault for not speaking up; either making my vows as a Paladin or seeing an Aspect of Demogorgon up close has me a little off. Or both.

As we walk away from the slaver's stall in the market, heading toward The Ghohlborns Lair, Lanezra looks for any 'outsiders' who look as though they may be ready to leave Grackstlugh.


M Rock Gnome Wizard (Evocation) 3 / HP 20/20

Absalom rubs his wrists where ropes and chains had chafed. "My thanks to you, good sirs," he says, as they walk away from the slavers. Sorting through his things, making sure all is accounted for, he looks up at Lanezra and Carson and says "Absalom Mephistopheles is the name," reaching for a handshake. For a moment, Absalom explains how he wound up in the Underdark, the expedition he was on, and escaping from drow.

"I suppose my troop is dead and gone at this point," he sighs. "Still, a debt is owed, and there is safety in numbers. Is there any chance I can travel with you gentleman for a while, at least until our journey takes us back to the surface?"


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

After we are some distance away:
Carson nods to Lanzera, "I am learningin this place that both skills are necessary. We've been in this since our escape from the drow, and we all need to keep together and cover each other. Seeing the internal struggle in the other man, he replied, "There are some battles we cannot fight at this time. Attempting to change the world and dying in the process is a futile death."

To Jimjar, Topsy, Turvy and Stool, [b]"You guys have a story to tell us once we find a safe place."

To the newcomers, both Absalom and Dessarin, "Carson Jaroc. Soldier, formerly in service to Cormyr, until my unit was wiped out by drow. We," he indicates Lanzera, Jimjar, Topsy, Turvy and Stool, "Are working on finding our ways home as well. You are free to leave, but as he mentioned," nodding to Lanzera, "stay away from the grey dwarves. You are also welcome to joinus and we can all find our way together. Absalom, our path's lie together. How about you, sir?" He looks at the recently freed half-elf.


Male tiefling fighter 1 sorc 1

Remaining silent the tiefling follows along, with his head slightly cocked to the side much like a dog. A slight curl to his lips has formed and stayed there for the duration of their journey. It seems these are the first non hostile people Mordal has ever met.

He has heard of peace, but he did not expect to find peaceful people here. The whole situation seemed odd to him, and slightly funny.


Human GM

As you march through the crowds on your way to the inn, you notice that several duregar are acting, well....weird. One of the nearby merchants looks to be talking to an invisible person, then loudly proclaiming that it is his brother! As you pass by another stall, what appears to be a weaponsmith rushes towards you, and shouts Huzzah! My clan have returned! Oh, what am I doing! Come inside, and I shall shower you with food and gifts! The grey dwarf looks like he honestly believes you are his long lost clan.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson looks at his companions with a raised eyebrow, and slowly nods, touching the broken banner pole at his belt which he uses as a mace. "Food, you say? That is an offer none of us could turn down. And perhaps you can fill us in on what has been going on around here."


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Lanezra looks ahead to see what area of the city this Duergar is leading us to -- whether his home is nearer the center or the edge, in a heavy populated area or not.

Then he begins a closer inspection of the mad dwarf personally-- any signs of physiological distress that may account for insanity.
....Hiding amongst insanity could be safer than dodging the more sane gray dwarves.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Human GM

Lanezra:

You see a hint of red forming around his pupils, and you detect a measure of insanity behind his smile

Will give 1 more day for everyone else to respond, but will post the duregars answer to carsons question here

Business is as usual around here. I still remain a poor weaponsmith....but other people do act quite strange! These vendors! It's as if their lives depend on selling their wares!


|HP 7/20 bear 34/34|AC:14|Prof: +2, Str:-1, Dex: +0, Con: +2; Int: +0; Wis: 3; Cha: +3;|Init: +0|Perc: +5, PP: 15, Insight: +3|Speed 30|Spell slots 3/3 druid 1/1 warlock|Active Conditions: None

Mordal still quite watches a few steps behind the party. Not sure if he is welcome, but has not been shooed away. He does not seem to notice anything odd, nor does he currently care.


M Rock Gnome Wizard (Evocation) 3 / HP 20/20

"Food and gifts?" Absalom wonders aloud. "My, but this is a happy coincidence. I haven't had a good meal in...well, I don't know how long it's been, but I could do sorely with a good feeding," he finishes, following after the friendly gray dwarf. The gnome seems honestly flummoxed by the grey dwarf, but completely willing to follow after him at the promise of food.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson looks to the newcomers, Absalom and Dessarin, and waves them into the group. While they were new to the group, they both appeared to be in a similar situation. "A poor weaponsmith, you say? One would think what with the rumors of what has happened in Sloobludop, that your business would be thriving. And odd behavior you say?" The priest inclines his head towards the grey dwarf while looking to his companions. "We could not help but notice one of the other vendors speaking to an imaginary brother. What other oddness have you noticed? Have you been feeling any of this pressure to sell?"


Human GM

Feeling any pressure to sell! Only the weak-minded succumb to that! As for the other maddened dwarves..... One street sweeper has been hounding me day and night, claiming that I am a drow spy! And another believes that he is Deepking Horgar Steelshadow V! He's been trying to convince anyone that goes near him to go and slay a dragon!....What has gotten into this city? The dwarf shakes his head and continues walking towards his home.

-At his house:
You soon come across a small, ramshackle shack lodged between two stalagmites. A rickety door serves as the only entrance in, and even that looks like it will soon break down. The inside of the "house" is dark and gloomy, only illuminated by several candles. There is almost no furniture, except for a bed, a table, and a few chairs. Marked on almost every piece of property is the name "Gorlak Steelshadow". Gorlak soon disappears, and comes back with several bowls of a grey, broth like food. You grimace as you shove it into your mouths, as it is rather bland, but it nourishes you hungry stomachs and puts an end to their incessant growling. Much like the other facets of duregar life, the food is designed for practicality, and nothing else.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

As Gorlak places the food on the table before them, Carson stands. "Gorlak, thank you for your hospitality. It is the custom where I come from to lay a blessing on the food. Would you mind if I..." Providing Gorlak does not protest, Carson will cast purify food and drink prior to anyone eating or drinking anything.

"You do indeed live in interesting times. How long has this 'madness' been going on? Can you think of anything that happened that may have initiated this? A stranger coming to town? Rumors of a rising cult? Strange creatures?"


Human GM

Gorlak simply nods at Carson, but becomes a bit confused at "where I come from". Where you come from.... but you're my clan.....bah, probobly some custom they learned from a far

This madness had been going on for about a tenday now! Dunno why it happened! It just....well, it just happened. Suddenly, just like that! Gorlak snaps his fingers for emphasis


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

How long ago did the Aspect of Demogorgon appear?

.
.
.

To the entire "clan":"If there's a madness in the city we must be careful not to catch it ourselves. Uncle," Lanezra puts his arm around the confused duergar weaponsmith, "can you remember anything odd happening in the city 10-15 days ago?.... Any newcomers?...."

later.... aside to Carson:
"I wouldn't mind starting a gambit with some other duergar here, claiming to be looking for a particular newcomer to the city 10-15 days ago. I'll say I don't remember who he was but treasures were stolen from me and if newcomers can be described to me, and I can track them down, I'll pay a reward. .... I just have to find some that are lucid."

451 to 500 of 750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Out of the Abyss 5e All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.