Out of the Abyss

Game Master ULTRAGEEK


401 to 450 of 750 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

ROFLMAO! Guess we are playing sacrifice. Lets do it them...


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Wow..lol...those were some pretty bad rolls...lets hope you got them out now and will be all double digits from now on...!!

Uran listens to Carson lay out his plan, and cringes as he hears the many faux pas that litter his explanation. It does not help that he is trying to use the common tongue that does not have some of the same words in undercommon...or the words mean something completely different.
As he finishes, Uran gives the priest a wan smile and awaits the verdict.


Human GM

The archpriest, much like Uran, cringes while Carson explains his plan. At the end though, his face becomes one of rage. You dare call me... Guards! Suddenly, seemingly from out of no where, kuo-toa encircle you, spears pointed. Eldeth groans Oh, no...


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson's jaw firms. "Alrighty then....we do this the hard way."


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Be still, everyone!

"Let's not let a misunderstanding in translation ruin our new alliance, skeptical as it is -- that happens to be the best bet for you, Archbishop, to accomplish your goals of defeating the Deep Father apostasy, and happens to be the best bet for us in getting out of here alive."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

.

EDIT: That's a Persuasion of 23 and a Persuasion of 25 in about twenty-six seconds of game time. For The Record.


Human GM

The Archbishop beckons for his soldiers to stop advancing. He gestures at Carson Speak again
Make a persuasion check again, without advantage :)


Human GM

The rest of the party can also try and persuade the Archbishop, or help Carson with his check :)


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Trying not to show his frustration, the soldier priest lays out his plan again, hoping the others would be able to aid him in his efforts.

Persuasion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Human GM

Plooplopeen nods, and gestures to the rest of the kuo-toa. With an arrogant voice he says See I had this plan all along. You must have read my mind. He then begins to head forward, acting like there is nothing wrong with almost capturing individuals one moment, then suddenly deciding that they're your allies the next. I shall leave the specifics up to you, however, I wish to be informed of what you see after the reconnaissance mission. Who shall set out on this mission?


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"We Will."


Human GM

Plooplopeen cocks his head Of course


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson grips his shield and the broken banner pole as he steps forward. He's had commanders like this before. "It would be my pleasure. Where would we find the cultists?"


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson thinks a moment longer. " Plooplopeen, we've had a long journey. I am sure your intent is to give us the benefit of a rest so that we may be fresh when we recon?"


Human GM

Of course Plooplopeen guides you through winding tunnels and numerous flights of stair. You soon arrive at a plain, featureless room, with 10 bunks, 5 of them occupied by sleeping Kou-Toa. 3 of them wake up and notice your approach. Plooplopeen saysThese are our soldier's quarters. You may take 4 bunks for yourself. After you rest, we will send a priest to fetch you and guide you out of the temple, if you wish. Any questions?
If you wish to roleplay with the soldiers, then you may do so. But if you want to do so, just say so in ooc


Human GM

Assuming you guys want to continue :) If you wish to rp, put it in spoilers that say something like Rping.

You are woken up in the morning by what appears to be a kuo-toa priest, dressed in elegant robes far better in quality that the clothes worn by the soldiers. The priest bows and says Right this way and begins o lead you down a maze of twisting halls and corridors. You soon arrives at what looks like a war room. Are you ready to begin your task?


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Before falling asleep, and after waking, Carson takes careful note of the kuo-toa soldiers around him, associating fin and scale coloration to individuals. He had had no interaction with them prior to a couple days ago, and had no idea how long he would be among them, so it was important to learn as much about them as possible. He practices his Undercommon with Uran, and even tries some on the kuo-toa.

That morning, arriving in the war room, he takes note of the priest and the other soldiers. He returns the priest's bow. "Yes, we have rested. We thank you for your hospitality, and look forward to investigating this issue for you."


Human GM

Before going to sleep:

The kuo-toa are of various colors, one green, one grey, 2 purple, and one brown. The green one has a jet black streak on his fins, and behaves like he is the leader of the soldiers.

The kuo-toa are a bit suspicious of Carson, but quickly join in with him in practicing their language. He soon finds that it is getting easier for him to learn the language, with the help of both Uran and the Kuo-Toa


Carson:

You feel that with a little more learning, you will be able to gain proficiency in undercommon

The archpriest bows Of course. I trust nothing else is required? Perhaps a underling to guide you to the shrine?


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Working with Carson on his understanding of Undercommon allows Uran to ask questions of their Kuo-Toan "friends".
He tries to learn more about the area surrounding the settlement, and any quick-escape routes that the creatures might have.

"You are getting much better at this Carson. Soon we will have you speaking like a denizen of the Underdark."


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

To Uran, "I'm a solider, not a diplomat. You're probably better having Lanzera speak and attempt to be diplomatic than I. His Undercommon is coming along well too."

In response to the priest's inquiry, Carson replies, "That would be most appreciated as we are not familiar with the area here."


Human GM

Ok. This He points to a nearby kuo-toa This is Ruthaplooptuiat. I trust he will be a great guide. Plooplopeen then walks away.

Ruthaplooptuiat begins to inform you about the shrine. It's a horrible place, heresy everywhere... There are three streets leading to the shrine, and the darklake right in front of it. Most kuo-toa will cluster around the front of the shrine... where the blood pours.. If you are to be sacrificed, they will push you into the darklake, where you will be devoured..

Will post the rest when I go home. Sorry for my absence, internet does not like me :(


Human GM

Ruthaplooptuiat begins to guide you through the winding tunnels and back up onto the streets of Sloopbludop. Now, how about we climb to the top of one of those building over there. He points toward what looks to be a small shack, like most buildings of Sloopbludop. And hop our way to a position near the shrine of the... Deep father. There is a building there that provides a good, hidden vantage point Without waiting for your reaction, Ruthaplooptuiat begins to climb on top of the shack. You coming ?


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Uran follows the Kuo-toan with the others, trying to keep up to the creatures swift waddling-hop.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson looks around and sees the strategic advantage of a higher vantage point. He follows the kuo-toa and the gnome.

Athetics to climb, if needed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Human GM

No athletics or acrobatics check is needed :)
Seeing the rest of you follow, the agile kuo-toa begins to jump from building to building. Eldeth is about to follow you, when she stumbles and falls. She lays down on the hard ground, groaning. Suddenly, two kuo-toa run and drag her away, and you can hear a gurgly voice shout in undercommon If you did not bring the agreed sacrifice, she will be the one sacrificed to the majestic deep father! You hear Eldeth cry out in defiance as she is dragged away, toward the deep fathers shrine.

If any of you try and save you
Ruthaplooptuiat whispers No, don't! Stay down, and we shall rescue her when we get there, and everyone is distracted!


Human GM

You hop from building to building, and within a few tense minutes, which feel like hours to you, you finally come across the shrine to the Deep Father, which is more wretched than you imagined.

The idol to Leemooggoogoon the Deep Father consists of a large hidecut roughly into the shape of a manta ray stretched out on cords between two support poles. A dead, splayed out manta ray is pinned to the center of the hide. Two octopuses are draped on top, their tentacles pinned and artfully arrayed, their head tied together and painted with red and blue pigments. The idol reeks of decay, and the broad stone altar below the idol is stained dark with blood.

Kinda like this:Picture

You see the archpriest of the sea father step forward. The time has come for them She points toward the general direction of the shrine to the seamother. to recognize the authority of the Deep Father, and fear our rightful god! You hear a loud cheer as a mob of kuo-toa around the shrine begins to celebrate. We shall offer these...things... She points toward Eldeth and a duregar, who are bound together by rope to the Deep Father! May the blood nourish and strengthen him! Several Kuo-toa begin to prod the captives forward with their spears, and you can sea a dark shape in the water...


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

"Mob" -- roughly how many Kuo Toa make up a "mob"?

.

Do the Kuo Toa look distracted yet?


Human GM

I'l say about 30 kuo-toa, and some of them are staring at the water


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson surveilled the scene. That was a lot of kuo-toa. Too many for the few of them to take on. But they needed to free Eldeth and the other captive, and form the looks of it, they didn' thave a lot of time. "Ruthaplooptuiat, can we get closer? And do you know what PlooPlopeen's daughter looks like?


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Is there any map available; I can't be sure the image in my head is accurate?


Human GM

The kuo-toa not focused on forcing Eldeth and the Duregar towards the shrine interlock their hands, and begin to move in a circle, the eyes glossy and unfocused. Their path takes them into the water, but they do not yet notice the dark shape there...

Ruthaplooptuiat turns around to Carson. They don't look too.... in the moment... perhaps if we are stealthy enough, we can simply walk up to the,. But see that dark form in the water..... I believe that will suit out own ends, and serve as a distraction.... but it could be the thing that will eat you comrades...... He then motions to a Kuo-Toa, standing upon the shrine, the one that just spoke. That is the Archpriest..... His daughter. He motions to Sen. You are a good shot with the crossbow, are you not? If you can simply shoot her, it will all be over.
The link to a visual aid :)Map


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson taps on his scale mail. "I'm a soldier. Stealth to me is sending in the scouts. I do expect that dark shape will be what will try to eat Eldeth and the others, but hopefully it will spend some time with the hors d'oeuvres that are so nicely being presented. He thought for a moment, before speaking a word in celestial. His eyes began to glow faintly with silver light. "Now intimidation, I can probably do..."


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Lanezra gets ready for the disruption -- looks around for the Kuo Toa who are suppose to support Plooplopeen, looks at how close the dark shape under the water is to the edge- and how close Eldeth is to the same edge, looks to see how entranced the cultists of Leemogoogon are to the ritual- will they be caught completely flat-footed -- and then says a quick prayer to Oghma, keeping in mind that the god of knowledge is also the god of sport....

whispers to Carson--
"Well this should make for some fun sport. Let's just make sure we don't come in second place."


Male Rock Gnome Ranger 1 || HP 12/12 || AC 13 || Init +2 || Passive Perception 14

Looking out over the crowd, Uran attempts to spot his teammates, but the crush of Kuo Toans is too thick for a diminutive ranger.
"Well I hope we get the signal soon, or we just might end up a sacrifice after all!"


Human GM

About 10 of the chanting kuo-toa suddenly break of from the ritual, and, shouting various insults(for the enemy), prayers(for the sea Mother), and praises(also for the Sea mother). AN all out meele breakse out, and you can see Plooplopeen heading towards his daughter, ceremonial spear in hand


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Lanezra makes a run for Eldeth in an effort to get him away from the water's edge.


Human GM

As Eldeth struggles against her ropes in an effort to get out of her binds, 4 of the Kuo-Toa surrounding her turn toward Lanezra, while the rest run towards Bloppblippodd, in an effort to save her. Behind the 4 Kuo-Toa, you notice Eldeth manage to break free of the ropes! She yells some dwarvish curse and barrels into two of the Kuo-Toa who are confronting Lanezra.

Past the shrine, in the water, where several Kuo-Toa are still chanting, you can hear a loud shout. The chanting stops repeated by what seems to be screams of terror, as one by one, the kuo-toa disappear. The water turns red, and what appears to be a ixitxachitl can be seen for a moment beneath the now blood-red water.


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Before Lanzera can leave, Carson speaks a couple quick words in Celestial. A burst of silver radiance covers his companions in glittery silver dust. Then, Carson follows Lanzera, unslinging his shield. "Get those captives out of here! Sen, take care of that priestess!"

dropping a bless spell to assist, targetting Lanzera, Uran and Sen. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw. Lasts 1 minute.

Bless counter: round 1


Human GM

Will wait for Sen's action :)


Human GM

Dm botting Sen
Sen grabs her longbow and shoots it at the priestess, just as Plooplopeen attempts to strike the final blow

Dm rolls:

attk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The arrow flies out of her bow and embeds itself in Bloppblippodd's neck! The priestess falls down just as you spot another disturbance in the darklake.

Another sound rises above the burbling cries of the kuo-toa. The dark surface of the water further out begins to bubble and foam. A thick, oily tentacle bursts forth, followed by another. Then two monstrous heads break the surface, both resembling hideous, angry baboons with wickedly curved tusks. Both heads are attached to a single torso, and the monsters red eyes burn with bloodlust and madness. The creature rising from the darklake must stand thirty feet tall or more, with water cascading down it's back and shoulders. Upon reaching its full height, it throws back both it's heads and roars.

Dm rolls:

Carson: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Lanezra: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Uran: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Sen: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson feels the cold tentacles, yeah, that's the appropriate term, of fear slither into him. He grips his shield tighter and turns to his sword brother, "Looks like you were right, Lanzera! Get those captives out of here!"

Waiting on what excactly those DM rolls mean...


Human GM

Sorry about that
Carson, Lanezra, and Uran feel the tentacles of fear and grip of madness infect their bodies, while Sen manages to resist the affects of the King of demons.

More dm rolls:

MadnessLanezra: 1d100 ⇒ 48
MadnessCarson: 1d100 ⇒ 6
MadnessUran: 1d100 ⇒ 59
Time: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Lanezra:

You feel an odd feeling in your mouth, as well as the urge to speak. But, once you do so, it all comes out a gibberish. You see Carson flop down on the floor, paralyzed, and Uran savagely attack any creature that comes near him.

Carson:

You can move your limbs anymore. In fact, you can't see anything but your own thoughts. You see memories of days gone past, secrets, and feel every feeling you have ever felt.

Uran:

As a terrified kuo-toa runs past, you feel the odd urge to attack it. You grab your shortswords and slice it once, twice, across the chest, even as your mind looks on in horror at what just happened. All you sense is the blood of your "enemies"

Sen:

You see your companions acting strangely, oh so strangely. Carson simply flops down on the floor, a glassy look in his eyes. Lanezra spouts gibberish over and over again, and Uran savagely attacks anything that comes near him


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson found himself reliving the night his battle brothers were slain by the drow. All the anxiety, excitement, fear, and blood flowed back.


LG Infernal-Tainted Fey, Paladin
Status:
HP currently 11 of 18 . . . . AC 16

Lanezra runs to get Eldeth, gibber-tongue notwithstanding.

Well, maybe I can't talk but we still have to get Eldeth away from the shore!


Human GM

Eldeth seems to understand what Lanezra is saying, and begins to run away from the shore. She notices Carson's paralyzed state, and beckons Lanezra to help her carry him away from the shoreline.

Meanwhile, the rampaging demon is killing kuo-toa everywhere. The fight breaks down, until almost no kuo-toa are fighting each other, except for perhaps a way to get out


Human GM

Eldeth begins to run away from the shore, dodging the kuo-toa along the away. Most of the fish folk have been driven mad by the terrifying demon king, and are suffering afflictions similar to those of Carson and Lanezra. Behind Lanezra, Uran is simply swinging his shortswords at any creature that comes nearby. He begins to get lost in the blood and the chaos, until there is simply no sign of him. Eldeth cries out, but continues to run through the twisting streets of Sloopbludop. You come across something that you have never encountered in the city. There are several entrance points in a rock wall, and they look like they are tunnels. Suddenly, you hear a voice in your minds. Its Stool. Help! Grey dwarves have got us! Taking us somewhere! Eldeth pauses, and turns toward Lanezra. She gestures toward the tunnels. One of these might take us to where Stool and the others are being taken. You want to take that chance?


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson drools, glassy-eyed. His body feels like a sack of potatoes.....a very heavy, armored sack of potatoes. While within his mind, the deaths of the 24 other men and women in his unit replay.

Krylyk was the first to go, the black-fletched arrow protruding from his throat. Then Rab went, the drow's long knife protruding from his chest. Gimlit the dwarf, Silindarin the elf and Tam the halfling, all dead before they hit the ground. And it went on, and on and on.


Human GM

Carson:
As Tam's dead body slides off his blade, the drow warrior looks up and whispers Duregar.....


Human GM

Lanezra, I'll dm bot you :)
Lanezra attempts to say yes, but frowns as pure gibberish comes out of his. He simply runs after Eldeth.

The tunnels are long, winding, and dark, much like any other place in the underdark. It seems like traveling through the tunnels takes hours, and, with every winding turn, you feel like you have been here before. About 7 minutes in to your journey, Carson wakes up. The shouts of his dying comrades is suddenly replaced by the panting of Eldeth and Lanezra. Not only that, but the odd feeling in Lanezras mouth dissapears. Eldeth drops Carson to the ground unceremoniously. You've woken up. Good. My arms have gotten tired, and my clothes are covered in drool She shakes her head, smiling, and explains the events so far to Carson. Now, these tunnels might lead to the Duregar, so we must stay alert She begins to head down the tunnels once again, but only after beckoning you two to go in front.

After your little adventure with the kuo-toa, you each gain 200 xp!


Male Human Cleric (Helm) 3, AC 15, hp 21/21

Carson crouches on the floor, the horror slowly fading from his mind. He empties the contents of his stomach on the ground as he tries to catch his breath. After several long minutes, he climbs to his feet, wipes the bile from his face and looks at the others. "It...it seems you were correct, Lanzera. This most likely is unfortunate for all of us if that....was what it appeared to be. He takes his waterskin and washes out his mouth, spitting to the side, before taking another drink.

"so, what happened? All I remember is that thing appearing and then, here. Why are we going to the duergar?" He remembers what the drow had said in his vision, and wasn't sure if it was a direction or a warning.


Human GM

Eldeth cuts in. Stool and the rest were taken by those filthy, little, grey dwarves. Plus, the tunnels were to safest way to escape from that..... demon. This may lead to the duregar city. As for what happened, Lanezra fell mad at the same time you went unconscious. Uran...we had to leave him behind. And Sen....well...we don't know

401 to 450 of 750 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Out of the Abyss 5e All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.