Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


2,901 to 2,950 of 6,403 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar's brows furrow as he looks around. He slowly runs his hands down his arms and across his chest as if trying to brush away pests. If his is bothered or pained as the others seem to be, he does not show it, seeming more confused than anything. He nods to something unheard and closes his eyes, reaching out a hand and moving forward as if being pulled. His other hand sweeps back and forth, trying to make contact with Ilona, but misses.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

"Well, isn't this place a smorgasbord." Muni says glancing around at the carnage. Looking back to the group he twists his head sideways. "What the hell's the matter with all of you?"


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2

Anang walks slowly around the perimeter of the group, muttering under his breath in Jungle Mouth as thick fog seems to pour into existence, rapidly filling the tunnel and blanketing everyone in a thick layer of white. Once the spell is cast, not having known his new companions long and not wanting to surprise any of them with his still slightly unfamiliar appearance Anang moves to the forward edge of the fog and keeps watch on the tunnel ahead.

So that is 40 feet of the tunnel filled with thick white fog, reducing visibility to 5 feet.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

"Good idea, Anang." says Gilian with a low voice.

Her voice then increases to a louder commanding tone, as her mother used to do with people mad with fear or despair. "Ilona, Ragnar and Chops, close your eyes and listen to me. We've already been through that, in the tunnel before the stepping stone. You know you can overcome that. Breathe deeply and think of all we've shared since we are together. The victories and the defeats, and above all, the friendship and love you've found...

"Now breathe deeply", she adds through her breath "and hold on to that feeling. We are here so that others can feel the same. That's why we were sent out here and why we CHOOSE to come here. Do not let that demon play with you. Let's strike through his horror and illusion.

Dark Archive

Those of you inside the fog, you may roll your save again. Nice one, Anang.


Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


nightflier wrote:
Those of you inside the fog, you may roll your save again. Nice one, Anang.

everyone can also add +1 moral from my inspire valor.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

will save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

sigh...


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Will save1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Dark Archive

Will Save DC15:
Surrounded by mists, you see some of your friends trying to claw their eyes out, speaking gibberish or humming to themselves. They seem to be on the verge of seriously hurting themselves.

Dark Archive

Anang, 50 XP


Coming too, Chops pupils constrict and he stops shaking. He looks to Solvistania and shudders. Then he looks at Ragnar, still in the throws of misery. Then he springs to action, grabs the big man, and pushes him into the water.

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Coming too, Chops pupils constrict and he stops shaking. He looks to Solvistania and shudders. Then he looks at Ragnar, still in the throws of misery. Then he springs to action, grabs the big man, and pushes him into the water.

No water anywhere.


male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)

Ragnar:
Anvinder steps around to the front of Ragnar. Don't be taken in by this presence. Trust us, lest we have to stop you from doing harm to yourself. Wake from this illusion.

Anvinder places his hand on Ragnars chest.

trying to somehow use his Oromancer ability to make him wake up from what appears to be to him a walking dream. I doubt it will work but Anvinder wouldent know that.

Dark Archive

Anvinder wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Ragnar, Will Save +2. Nice one, G. If Ragnar saves, you get 1 FP.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Will Save, -2 fatigue, +2 Anvinder, +1 fog. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Ragnar blinks and looks around sharply, then focuses on something invisible before him. His voice comes muffled through the fog.

"Thank you. I... am not sure what came over me."

He inhales sharply frantically looking aorund.

"I can't see anything in this. Can you see the others? Ilona.. Can you see Ilona?!"

The red glow of his blade flares trying to cut through the fog. He begins following someone unseen back to the group.

Dark Archive

You blink and the fog clears and you find yourself in a madman's dream. Organic growth all around you seems like some sort of a hive. There are dead... life forms, for the lack of better word everywhere. The fleshy ground seems to devour them slowly, almost imperceptibly. A carnage seems to be greatest in the direction of a large chamber opening, slightly to the left of you.


Everyone hears in their mind, "The warrior-drone said the shadow-thing moved to the nest, this way." A sense of the large opening fills your mind.


Oops, I thought we were right on the shore of the underground lake.

Chops focuses on the kitty while she communicates. "Is anyone alive? We've got to stop this maniac! Ragnar, you good? Good! We gots to go!" He clangs his hatchet against Illona's verdatch and heads into the chamber to the left fully confidant that his companions will be right with him.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

As the fog clears, Ragnar only has eyes for Ilona. In the past, tense and traumatic situations seemed to have rolled off of him once through, forgotten as soon as they had passed. Something about this time was different.

In a few long, swift strides he is by her side, but once there, stops, seemingly at a loss. His mouth opens, then clicks shut, saying nothing, just looking at her for a moment.

Then he has his arms around her, lifting her off the ground, burying his face in her hair, breathing her in and squeezing her hard enough to stop her breath for a moment. He leans his head back, looks at her with a look full of wild fierceness and terror, then gently sets her down.

As the others begin to run off he glances toward them and follows, staying close by her.


Solvistania stays by Ilona's side until she recovered and she touches the other womans cheek in gratitude, once Ilona has finished joining the present reality. Once Chops has expressed his relief for her as well, she gives the Dorn a nod of acknowledgement before turning to follow Chops and Felina.


Lanik once again looks back.

Well, are we all put together? River willing, today we will end that demon. I'll Take the lead, I may be small but I'll be the first one to see this thing coming.

He moves to take the lead but then pauses. Looking back at everyone, his eyes finally fall upon the dorn.

Well I suppose if we are going to fight and probably die together you should know my true name. My name is Lanik Clearwater, and I was a smuggler of the bluff.

Lanik quickly hops up to the front of pack.

rather then a fate point, can I lvl Anvinder up to lvl 2? He was like 150 exp away and at lvl 2 he can enter peoples dreams.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar seems confused by the Gnome's statement. He looks at the bird on his shoulder and off to one side for a moment. Then he nods in understanding.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

"Yeah, maybe." the bird says, responding to someone the rest cannot see. "Or maybe he just didn't like the look of you 'til now. Don't know what's changed. You still look like you'd be improved by sticking your face in a campfire and letting everyone stomp you out. It's the beard. Ain't no creature anywhere ever looked good with all that crud hangin' off the front of their face.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

As Ragnar lifts Ilona she elicits a sound that seems to play across the senses, a throaty growling chuckle that seems to scent the air with pure arousal.

Breathing deeply she locks eyes with him, her calm smile belied by the blazing intensity in her eyes, like twin points of flame.

Her hand comes up to hisface for but a moment, comforting, soothing, greatful, promising.

Without a word she turns and breaks into a lope, secure in the feeling of his mighty form striding aa long but a step behind her.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Relived that none of the group has gone mad, walking through this horror scene, Gilian cautiously follows the group to the main chamber of the hive.


Earth Elemental Familiar 5

Pebble had watched anxiously the whole party cross the water towards the distant stalagmite. Would they come back? And in the mean tme, what could he do?

Sitting on the ledge, he stood still for a moment before jumping on his feet and rumbling back to the small entrance tunnel. I will dig that tunnel larger so that the big ones won't get stuck again when they come out.

And with the energy of a tireless elemental, he brings his two fist down on a rocky edge to break it down.

Dark Archive

Gilian's Pebble wrote:

Pebble had watched anxiously the whole party cross the water towards the distant stalagmite. Would they come back? And in the mean tme, what could he do?

Sitting on the ledge, he stood still for a moment before jumping on his feet and rumbling back to the small entrance tunnel. I will dig that tunnel larger so that the big ones won't get stuck again when they come out.

And with the energy of a tireless elemental, he brings his two fist down on a rocky edge to break it down.

Great idea. Pebble gets a Fate Point.

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

Oops, I thought we were right on the shore of the underground lake.

Chops focuses on the kitty while she communicates. "Is anyone alive? We've got to stop this maniac! Ragnar, you good? Good! We gots to go!" He clangs his hatchet against Illona's verdatch and heads into the chamber to the left fully confidant that his companions will be right with him.

Perception, please.


Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Perception 1d20+6

Chops:
A strong stench of ichor comes from the chamber, but you can not see very well what is inside. Omnipresent green glow is dimmed there and shadows lurk.

Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian enters he room with the rest of the group.

If needed, perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Solvistania enters the chamber pointed out by Felina, while drawing her bow, and nocking an arrow.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


My detect evil is still up and sweeping for movement.


nightflier wrote:
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Perception 1d20+6
** spoiler omitted **

nightflier:
Even with my darkvision?

Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

[ooc]Will Save:[o/oc] 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Dark Archive

Lanik Clearwater wrote:
My detect evil is still up and sweeping for movement.

A terrible sense of evil emanates from the chamber cloaked in shadows.

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Perception 1d20+6
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **

Chops:
This is like a weak Darkness effect. You will not be able to see anything until you enter the room.
Dark Archive

Please, check Discussion Thread.


"Weird. Just like before the darkness obfuscates my vision." He creeps forward nervously with his urutuk in his left hand.


Male Erunsil (Snow Elf) Fighter 5

dot


Lanik focus' in to try to get a grasp on how many evil creatures and what positions they are in.

Dark Archive

Lanik Clearwater wrote:
Lanik focus' in to try to get a grasp on how many evil creatures and what positions they are in.

Lanik:
You sense only one source of evil - but strong one, almost overwhelmingly.
Dark Archive

A chilling voice sounds in your heads. "You have came again, hounding me like dogs. You have come to your deaths, mortal worms. I will feast upon your souls. I will gorge myself with your entrails. Come, come to me. Face the shadows, if you dare."


Looking directly at one of the shadows, Chops says, "Suck it villain! Come get some!"


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Chops' comment elicits an involuntary burst of laughter from Ilona that seems to momentarily banish some of the gloom.

Sword whirling into a guard position. "You heard the man, let's do this." she says with a resolute expression.

Along her blade purple light flares as the spirit in REQUIEM responds to her energy.


Solvistania waves Felina to the rear of the group to guard their escape route, and then approaches the source of the evil, while chanting a protective spell. Cast Shield, current AC is 20


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar mutters something in his mother tongue as he lays his hand on Ilona's back, his own blade flaring in response to hers.

(norther)

Spoiler:
"Ancestors ward her."

cast Protection From Evil on Ilona.

2,901 to 2,950 of 6,403 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.