Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


3,101 to 3,150 of 6,403 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Solvistania pauses from nocking an arrow, and steps over to the fallen form of Gilian. "Now is not the time to sleep, sister."

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Gilian. 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Well, apparently the die rolling follies continue...and I did not see Gilian state she was moving anywhere.

Dark Archive

Gilian wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Gilian is at -2
Damn. I need some healing... By an aside question, I'm wondering how you can get the two attacks at +9 for the dwarf with a +5 damage with a crossbow unless the character is more than level 5.

4th level character with 20 Wisdom and Weapon Bond trait. Edit: and the crossbow is a bit special.

Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Isn't Sorok providing cover? A small creature (gillian) should be able to get full cover behind a medium one (sorok), as long as all the medium creature does is stay in the way, essentially acting as an object. How did Zafina and the dwarf even have a shot?

Well, if she stayed in one place, then she would have full cover. Since she was moving and Sorok does not have large shield to cover her with it, Zafina and dwarf used the opportunity presented at some point during her movement to take a shot.

Dark Archive

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

Solvistania pauses from nocking an arrow, and steps over to the fallen form of Gilian. "Now is not the time to sleep, sister."

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Gilian. 1d8+2

Well, apparently the die rolling follies continue...

Your action is at the end of the initiative order, so Gilian will become active in the next round.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Sorok would have had to have spent last round Refocusing in order to get his initiative higher than Gilians so he could react to her. (he didn't do anything else). He actually should have acted before Zafina.

Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Sorok would have had to have spent last round Refocusing in order to get his initiative higher than Gilians so he could react to her. (he didn't do anything else). He actually should have acted before Zafina.

Well, I may got confused about initiative order, but I understood that he provided cover for Gilian. And she was moving, so I decided that the cover was partial, not full. Anyway, I'll have that in mind for the rest of the combat.

Dark Archive

Zafina
Gilian
Ilona
Crossbowmen
Ragnar
Soldiers
Sorok
Lanik
Dwarf
Anang
Chops
Solvi
I have reposted initiative order, with soldiers included. There are only two of them now, since Chops killed one. Ilona is up. And I am waiting for Anang's action from last round. Crossbows will target Chops, since he killed one soldier.

Dark Archive

I'm going to sleep, so I'm going to post crossbowmen's actions.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d10 ⇒ 10

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d10 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d10 ⇒ 8

Bolts whiz past Chops without harming him.

Dark Archive

"Somebody take that gnomes head and let's go!" shouts Zafina. "We will get back to them when the demon's body heals. They have nowhere to go!"


nightflier wrote:


Bolts whiz past Chops without harming him.

Chops stares at the crossbowmen unflinchingly as their shots whiz by. "What up now! Huh?!"

Does Chops know which xbowman he hit earlier?

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
nightflier wrote:


Bolts whiz past Chops without harming him.

Chops stares at the crossbowmen unflinchingly as their shots whiz by. "What up now! Huh?!"

Does Chops know which xbowman he hit earlier.

Two of them are obviously hurt.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Exactly how far away is Zafina?


Lanik will use his AoO on the first poor bastard to try to get his head that goes through his threatened squares. He is still holding his glaive. I know I have penaltys for being on the ground but they cant be nearly as bad as the ones they have for being flat footed.

Dark Archive

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
Exactly how far away is Zafina?

About 100 feet. Same goes for xbowmen and dwarf. They are standing a little separate from each other, so that they can not be targeted all at once with spells.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

So at least 2 rounds to charge her.

Ilona attacks another of the men before Ragnar, focusing her attention on him. reducing her target's AC by 2 with Distracting ability
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
1d12 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Dark Archive

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:

So at least 2 rounds to charge her.

Ilona attacks another of the men before Ragnar, focusing her attention on him. reducing her target's AC by 2 with Distracting ability
1d20+9
1d12+5

Once again, Sarcossan Angel of Death misses. It almost seems like she has been jinxed.

Soldiers have AC 20. For you it's 18

Dark Archive

Ragnar is up, then soldiers.


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2
discussion thread wrote:

Sorry, my internet connection is being a right arse, goes down every 10 minutes. Should be sorted out by the evening though.

1st missed round:
Anang moves up between the party and the crossbowmen, muttering as he goes and more thick white fog billows out, concealing the group in it's billowing embrace. Seeing as I am pretty much at the bottom of the initiative the fog wouldn't really take effect until this new turn. But now a 40ft cloud bank is providing concealment from the crossbowmen.

2nd Round:I'll put this action down now in case my connection goes again but I guess disregard it if the remaining soldiers are down before my turn comes around.
Anang runs back toward the group, coming up behind one of the soldiers and hacking at the backs of his legs, in attempt to bring him down quickly.

Attack +2 bab +2 flanking +3 dex 1d20 + 7 &#8658; (19) + 7 = 26

1d6 + 4 + 1d6 &#8658; (5) + 4 + (3) = 12

This was posted in the discussion thread first, because I am le stupid. Also, critical confirmation

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Hah, never mind.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Seeing Chops down the soldier on his right, Ragnar swings left.

1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 20

damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The spirits around him howl and flare, giving the soldiers glimpses into the world that awaits them...

Fear saves, which I forgot about last round. DC 16 Will, of effected by Cause Fear spell


Male Dorn Spirit Channeler 1

The skeleton continues it's assault on the soldier who had been in the middle, aiding Ilona.

Claw attack against Ilona's Distracting target. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

2nd Claw attack against Ilona's Distracting target. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

With his lowered AC, I think that 2nd one hit?


male Dornish Spirit wildlander 1

The other skeleton hisses and lashes out as well.

Claw attack against Ilona's Distracting target. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

2nd Claw attack against Ilona's Distracting target. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

Continuing to flap around the soldier's heads, Muni does his best to aid.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

If that beats one's CMD it is Blinded for one round.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Sorok takes a moment to look around and assess the situation while Gilian is coming back to her senses.

Since there was some confusion about it, I'll try to make my intentions more plain. If Sorok isn't refocused to the top of the initiative order, he does that now. That means next round he goes first, right?


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Did you include the +2 for flanking for the skeletons?


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
Did you include the +2 for flanking for the skeletons?

yep. basic skeletons kind of suck.

Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

Seeing Chops down the soldier on his right, Ragnar swings left.

1d20+7+2-1

damage 1d10+3

The spirits around him howl and flare, giving the soldiers glimpses into the world that awaits them...

Fear saves, which I forgot about last round. DC 16 Will, of effected by Cause Fear spell

Ragnar swings Sorrow and savagely wounds one of the soldiers.

Dark Archive

Two remaining soldiers shudder and for a moment step away as if to run...

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

...but then get back to the fray, ignoring skeletons, but it seems that the raven angered them.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Dark Archive

A savage sword-stroke almost decapitates Muni. Soldiers grin grimly, and seeing the fog they start to slowly back up, raising their shields to defend themselves from the attacks that will follow.

Dark Archive

Sorok Hamfael wrote:

Sorok takes a moment to look around and assess the situation while Gilian is coming back to her senses.

Since there was some confusion about it, I'll try to make my intentions more plain. If Sorok isn't refocused to the top of the initiative order, he does that now. That means next round he goes first, right?

When the next round comes, I will repost initiative order with you on top.

Dark Archive

Lanik is up.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

Muni squawks and tumbles through the air in a puff of feathers and expletives, finally righting himself on the ground and trying to half-hop-half-flap away behind Ragnar.

"Owowowww. Right. Ow. You. You get to die. And then I'm going to eat your eyes. Just wait. Jerk."


Male Daytona 500 DM / 12

Redotting


Slight of hand:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Plus whatever bonus for being under a cloak and behind ragnar.

As Laniks body slumped on the ground he begins to move slowly, trying not to alert the soldiers. Trying mearly to position himself to be able to stand up erect if the need be. Being sure to use the confusion of the battle to hide his movement.

Dark Archive

You hear the dwarf and Zafina talking about something, but the sound is muffled.

Perception DC 20:
"Zafina, that gnome is still alive. His aura should have dissipated by now", says the dwarf. "And now I can not take the shot because of that fog." Sarcossan archer falls silent for a second. "Damn. The demon will not be pleased. Nothing to do, then. We must fall back. Leave that soldier to cover us. We shall return later, when the demon recuperates.


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian is still on the ground, bleeding, until Solvi's turn.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

pERCEPTION1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

"Sounds like the leaders are plannin on runin, and the Gnomes still alive."


Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Chops kicks and chops at the remain soldier(s) with his urutuk and left size 14.

Attack urutuk 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Kick Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sorok Hamfael wrote:

Perception:1d20+9

"Sounds like the leaders are plannin on runin, and the Gnomes still alive."

"Well we can't let that happen, now can we!"

Chops dives off towards Zafina, the dwarf, and the crossbowmen.

He has two move actions to use, and will run into the fog but not out the other side, so as to keep his concealment from the smoke. I don't know how this works in game terms, but I think he can still see out.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO if needed 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


My bad. He full attacked. I think he may still get a single move action but I don't know.

Midnight Campaign Book wrote:
Speed Training: Once per round, the defender may make an additional move action, either before or after his reg- ular actions.

Dark Archive

Chops kills the remaining soldier and rushes through the fog, but the foes who were attacking them are nowhere to be seen.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

Muni hops over the the fallen soldier and jams his sharp beak into the dead man's eye.

"Mmm. See. Toldja."


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar stands over the bodies of the fallen soldiers.

"Tell me where Zafina has gone. Now."

Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

Ragnar stands over the bodies of the fallen soldiers.

"Tell me where Zafina has gone. Now."

Ragnar:
Faint figures appear in the air above the fallen soldiers. One of them looks at you and whispers "You have no power over us, Deathspeaker. We serve the Dark Lord even beyond the grave."

male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar's lips twitch upward in a mirthless smile. "Perhaps. It is true. In death I cannot harm you." He waves his hand, dismissing the magic binding Anvinder and Eyvinder to the mortal realm.

"But they can."

Ragnar takes a deep breath, and sighs.

"Careful now. You will learn now that you are dead that you no longer have the release of death to look forward to. What happens to you from this point on can last as long as you do. There are ways to harm, and even to heal, the soul itself. I happen to know such things. Do you?"

Intimidate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 +10 Woeful Speech. 25 total.


male Dorn Channeler 1 (spiritual)

Ragnar:
"Ah Earinlanders, people of the fields. Their souls seem as weak as their bodys. You should have stayed on your farms."

Anvinder stretches out, finally having the prospect of hurting these bastards.

Cause Fear DC15 will save or frightened, if it makes the save it is stunned.

"Just say the word Ragnar."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

When Solvi healing takes place, Gilian opens her eyes: "What...what happened? Is everyone fine?"

While she speaks, she looks at he wounds and takes the risk to close her wounds again. CLW for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 , Con is now 12, then CMW for 5 HP=15.

Under the strain, she turns whiter than before and her breath comes in with a light rasp.

When Gilian realises the attackers are gone. She gets up, "Thanks Solvistania, thanks for my life." she turns to the others, evaluating their wounds. "Who's injured? I may be tired but I'm not dead yet, so I can heal some more."


Gilian wrote:

When Solvi healing takes place, Gilian opens her eyes: "What...what happened? Is everyone fine?"

While she speaks, she looks at he wounds and takes the risk to close her wounds again. CLW for 1d8+6 , Con is now 12, then CMW for 5 HP=15.

Under the strain, she turns whiter than before and her breath comes in with a light rasp.

When Gilian realises the attackers are gone. She gets up, "Thanks Solvistania, thanks for my life." she turns to the others, evaluating their wounds. "Who's injured? I may be tired but I'm not dead yet, so I can heal some more."

Solvistania helps Gilian to her feet, and although her voice is calm, there is a note of barely constrained fury in her voice. "Apparently that traitorous bi*** Zafina has been tracking us all this time. Ragnar is interrogating the corpses now. Now she and the demon have teamed up against us. We need to flee this place and return to the dolman, but if Zafina has been tracking us all this time...she is also aware of this."


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5
Gilian wrote:

"Who's injured? I may be tired but I'm not dead yet, so I can heal some more."

Muni finishes off another eyeball and hops over to Gillian and Solvistania.

"Ain't many of us that got away from that one without bleedin' a bit. Even the cute black birdy took a couple. Take care of Ragnar, would ya? He won't ask for it, but this time around most o' the blood on him is his own. An' when yer done patchin' up the others, if you still got anything left in you, I wouldn't mind a little myself."

3,101 to 3,150 of 6,403 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.