Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


3,001 to 3,050 of 6,403 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

Solvistania thinks to Felina, GO!. Felina responds like a flash, heading back down the passageway to where Pebbles was left earlier.


Earth Elemental Familiar 5
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Solvistania thinks to Felina, GO!. Felina responds like a flash, heading back down the passageway to where Pebbles was left earlier.

Pebble is at the entrance of the cavern, on the other side of the lake.


Gilian's Pebble wrote:
Pebble is at the entrance of the cavern, on the other side of the lake.

This won't change Felina's action. If she cannot telepathy Pebble, then at least she can see what is happening there, hopefully.

Dark Archive

Hmmm... Felina will need several minutes to reach the edge of the lake, and the range of her telepathy is 60', so she can not speak with him. By the time she returns to Solvi, the fight with the demon will be over one way or another.

Dark Archive

So, Ilona and Ragnar are up.


I am going to post Chops' actions early, since I am going to a RL game till late and won't be able to post until tomorrow. And with the pace of this game...

Chops slowly draws his other Urutuk as he stands. When he is fully erect he grabs his other hatchet that is floating next to him courtesy of Evyndr. "Demon-swine! You gotta do a lot better than that to keep me down. And your starting to piss me off, you ugly son of a b@%*%! Now lets go!" He spits out a glob of blood. His face and chest are covered in it and one has to wonder how he is even still alive. He steps five feet towards the demon and swings with both axes.

Attack #1(applying Offensive tactics) 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack off-hand 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

If for whatever reason Chops is more than a five foot step away, he instead charges and uses his flying kick feat for and addition 1d12 ⇒ 7 points of damage on that first attack.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Whirling as the creature sails over his head, Ragnar swings once more.

1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 28

damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Confirm 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 22

crit damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

total 14

The floating hatchet deposits itself neatly in the screaming Dworg's hands.

(anyone else having trouble with paizo lately? First post was eaten. Then it took me 4 tries to get in to edit for the crit.)

Dark Archive

"Come on, you mortal scum! They are here!", mindshout echoes through your thoughts. "Hurry!"


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
nightflier wrote:
"Come on, you mortal scum! They are here!", mindshout echoes through your thoughts. "Hurry!"

As the Demon jumps into the air and lands on the other side of him Sorok turns and swings at the Demon.

"Sounds like ye've got some friends do ye? Well once we're finished with you we'll move right on to them."

Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Dark Archive

Ilona and Anang.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3
nightflier wrote:
Ilona and Anang.

Stepping forward, Ilona locks eyes with the creature a vicious grin across her face as she draws its attention with an almost impossible stroke falling from over her own shoulder.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
1d12 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Her countenance is both beautiful and terrifying, an angel of vengance.

Move action, Stunning path ability, DC14 will save, also due to Distracting ability, creature takes -2 to WILL SAVES and AC

Dark Archive

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Ilona and Anang.

Stepping forward, Ilona locks eyes with the creature a vicious grin across her face as she draws its attention with an almost impossible stroke falling from over her own shoulder.

1d20+8
1d12+5

Her countenance is both beautiful and terrifying, an angel of vengance.

Move action, Stunning path ability, DC14 will save, also due to Distracting ability, creature takes -2 to WILL SAVES and AC

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Dark Archive

Demon's mindscream is strong enough to still your thoughts for a moment. "B@*@!! You will not slay this beautiful body! I will be back! From every shadow I will watch you! All of you! I will eat your souls!" Shadows hurl themselves at the demon, engulfing him, and in a moment - he disappears.

Knowledge (Spirits) DC 25:
Some spirits have the ability to blend with shadows. Some of them need to exercise greater effort, but some of them can do so with an act of will, almost instantly. They become cloaked in shadows and practically invisible.

Dark Archive

Two minutes till Felina gets back.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Knowledge spirit 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2

Knowledge Spirits1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Knowledge Spirits, 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Solvistania voice raises above the din of combat, "This demon has the ability to blend with shadows. It has cloaked itself in shadows and turned practically invisible! It has not fled!"


using detect evil to track it. Its been on the whole time so I should be able to track it. I wish to attempt to cast light on the creature.

Lanik smiles a devilish grin. He gets up as to not alert the demon that he can still track him.

Bluff:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
touch attack1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Dark Archive

Lanik Clearwater wrote:

using detect evil to track it. Its been on the whole time so I should be able to track it. I wish to attempt to cast light on the creature.

Lanik smiles a devilish grin. He gets up as to not alert the demon that he can still track him.

Bluff:1d20 + 14
touch attack1d20 + 6

Lanik:
You can see the shadow-like aura of evil miasma flying near the cavern ceiling more swiftly than any bird you have ever seen and going in a general direction of the cavern complex entrance.

nightflier wrote:
Lanik Clearwater wrote:

using detect evil to track it. Its been on the whole time so I should be able to track it. I wish to attempt to cast light on the creature.

Lanik smiles a devilish grin. He gets up as to not alert the demon that he can still track him.

Bluff:1d20 + 14
touch attack1d20 + 6

** spoiler omitted **

The moster had another action before I did? I dident think a readyed action droped you one the initiative order. Oh well.

Its making its way towards the entrance! Get me close enough and Ill show you exactly were it is.

Lanik full out sprints towards the entrance.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Lanik Clearwater wrote:

The moster had another action before I did? I dident think a readyed action droped you one the initiative order. Oh well.

Its making its way towards the entrance! Get me close enough and Ill show you exactly were it is.

Lanik full out sprints towards the entrance.

As The demon vanishes and Solvistania deciphers it's motives, Ragnar slips back to back with Ilona and stands ready with his customary inhuman stillness. As Lanik begins to run and reveals he can find the monster, the big Dorn explodes into motion, seeming to skip the usual build to action possessed by most. He reverses his grip on Sorrow and simply scoops Lanik up under one arm.

The spirit torches blur and flare in a winding line out before him, leading the way and illuminating potential hazards.

Movement 40

Dark Archive

The demon has the ability to improve its flight speed to 240 for 1 minute per day, and its flying speed is 40 otherwise, so you will not catch it. But don't worry - he will be back. And just for the record, I'm using modified version of Shadow Demon. Essentially, it lost DR and some other stuff, but gained hps and some other stuff.


I guess Chops didn't get the chance to attack again, but he still said the words. Here is the edited version of my last post.

Chops slowly draws his other Urutuk as he stands. When he is fully erect he grabs his other hatchet that is floating next to him courtesy of Evyndr. "Demon-swine! You gotta do a lot better than that to keep me down. And your starting to piss me off, you ugly son of a b@#%*! Now lets go!" He spits out a glob of blood. His face and chest are covered in it and one has to wonder how he is even still alive. He steps towards the demon with both axes raised to swing.

nightflier wrote:
Demon's mindscream is strong enough to still your thoughts for a moment. "b%!@#! You will not slay this beautiful body! I will be back! From every shadow I will watch you! All of you! I will eat your souls!" Shadows hurl themselves at the demon, engulfing him, and in a moment - he disappears.

Chops starts as the demon disappears, and tries to follow it by sound when Lanik shouts that it is flying away. His shoulders sag and leans against Gillina. "I guess he was too afraid to taste my hatchets, heh heh." He sheathes the urutuks and sits. "Thanks Gillian. I should be a goner."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Chops starts as the demon disappears, and tries to follow it by sound when Lanik shouts that it is flying away. His shoulders sag and leans against Gillina. "I guess he was too afraid to taste my hatchets, heh heh." He sheathes the urutuks and sits. "Thanks Gillian. I should be a goner."

"You're welcome. But you're noy out of the woods yet, let me help you."

Using 3 Cure Minor Wounds for 15 XP

While she closes Chops' wound, she adresses the others.

"I think this Demon has called some allies like the worms we already met. Let's go on with our tracking before they join"


Gilian wrote:
Using 3 Cure Minor Wounds for 15 XP

How many hp is that?

"Thanks again. Is everyone safe?" He rubs his hands on his face. "We need to stop that menace. I don't even think it is sane."


Solvistania nods at Chops, "I would agree with you there, the demon knows only death and destruction, sanity is in short supply with such beings." She looks around the chamber where the carnage of the demon's rampage remains. "We should head back to the surface, unless there be survivors here."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Gilian wrote:
Using 3 Cure Minor Wounds for 15 XP

How many hp is that?

"Thanks again. Is everyone safe?" He rubs his hands on his face. "We need to stop that menace. I don't even think it is sane."

3 times 5 is 15 :-D, so you're back at 25 HP


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona growls to herself low in her throat as her fists clench on Requiem's hilt. Once again they had the creature on the run, and again it simply escaped.

She looked out at her group, taking in their condition. Chops was only just healing thanks to Gillian, who seemed drained, despite her attempt to hide it.

How much longer could they go on without rest. Even Ragnar, her rock, seemed tired.

Dark Archive

Solvi:
"Mistress", Felina shouts in your mind and you see her running to you. "Mistress, two-legs are coming. They are descending down the corridor. That shadow-thing is telling them where to find you."


nightflier wrote:
The demon has the ability to improve its flight speed to 240 for 1 minute per day, and its flying speed is 40 otherwise, so you will not catch it. But don't worry - he will be back. And just for the record, I'm using modified version of Shadow Demon. Essentially, it lost DR and some other stuff, but gained hps and some other stuff.

So its about 2,400 ft (based on the information so far.) to the waters edge which is were I assume the demon is going. So at full run it will take us 15 rounds to reach it and the demon will take 10 rounds. So with no stops the demon will have 5 rounds to prepair. Any time we have to stop for combat it will add to that but that really shouldent add more then a few rounds.

Does the demon have this weird fligt ability to make up for the fact it can't teleport?

Lanik keeps a look out ahead to warn Ragnar of any of the minions comming


Solvistania's eyes flash an angry shade of red, and she draws another arrow, nocking it ready to be loosed. "We are going to have company, courtesy of the demon. Resting will have to wait!"


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Lanik Clearwater wrote:


So its about 2,400 ft (based on the information so far.) to the waters edge which is were I assume the demon is going. So at full run it will take us 15 rounds to reach it and the demon will take 10 rounds. So with no stops the demon will have 5 rounds to prepair. Any time we have to stop for combat it will add to that but that really shouldent add more then a few rounds.

Assuming it's not just leaving. If it flies out over the water, we can't really follow it.


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Lanik Clearwater wrote:


So its about 2,400 ft (based on the information so far.) to the waters edge which is were I assume the demon is going. So at full run it will take us 15 rounds to reach it and the demon will take 10 rounds. So with no stops the demon will have 5 rounds to prepair. Any time we have to stop for combat it will add to that but that really shouldent add more then a few rounds.
Assuming it's not just leaving. If it flies out over the water, we can't really follow it.

Lanik sizes up the situation.

It will probably just get away and recover its strength before we can do anything.

The gnome rubs his chin for a bit. Then an idea strikes him.

Ragnar, perhaps we should set a trap for the demon. Confront these ones up ahead and pretend like we are loosing. If the demon thinks he can take advantage of the situation then he will join the fight. He seems to have some sort of connection to his minions, all we need to do is play the part.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Lanik Clearwater wrote:


Ragnar, perhaps we should set a trap for the demon. Confront these ones up ahead and pretend like we are loosing. If the demon thinks he can take advantage of the situation then he will join the fight. He seems to have some sort of connection to his minions, all we need to do is play the part.

Ragnar's brows knit in thought. He looks up from the gnome and to his left, pausing for a moment, then nods.

"That assumes it would try to finish me in it's weakened state." Another pause. "You would know better than I. Subterfuge is not my strength." And another. "Agreed."

Ragnar looks back down at the gnome. "I will use myself as bait. Pretend to go back with Muni, hide, and lie in wait for it. Muni will bring the others. If it sees me alone, it may be enough to lure it out again."

Ragnar casts Protection From Evil and Deathwatch on himself


"Heh heh heh," Chops strolls up to Ragnar and Lanik. "You? Hide?"

Dark Archive

Perception, please.


Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Perception 1d20+6

Chops:
You notice several shapes sneaking through the shadows, trying to surround you and your friends.

Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"That coould be a good idea, but me must first go and meet them before they trap us."

Dark Archive

Perception DC 20:
You notice several shapes sneaking through the shadows, trying to surround you and your friends.


Chops draws and hurls the urutuk that Ragnar made for him right at one of the shapes.

Attack 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

"We're being surrounded! In the shadows! Fight!"


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Solvistania lets an arrow fly at one of the shapes closing in.

Attack Icewood Longbow, 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Wow, I think I must have totally missread what was going on here. I thought lanik and I were about 15 rounds full run back toward the water, and that the rest of the group was back where the fight happened. My thought was for Lanik to hide while Ragnar tried to lure the demon out, thinking the fewer of us were around, the more likely it was to show up, and then the rest of the group would come running up to save Ragnar's stupid butt before the Demon killed him. I guess somehow we're all back together? I totally missed that part.


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
Wow, I think I must have totally missread what was going on here. I thought lanik and I were about 15 rounds full run back toward the water, and that the rest of the group was back where the fight happened. My thought was for Lanik to hide while Ragnar tried to lure the demon out, thinking the fewer of us were around, the more likely it was to show up, and then the rest of the group would come running up to save Ragnar's stupid butt before the Demon killed him. I guess somehow we're all back together? I totally missed that part.

Chops followed, but at a more leisurely pace. He assumed the creature bolted. Also, I didn't think you were that far out.

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
"Heh heh heh," Chops strolls up to Ragnar and Lanik. "You? Hide?"


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian looks round, trying to locate the enemies. Shaking with fatigue, she grips her newly forged atharak, hoping she will not have to use it.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Ilona strides forward resolutely sword ready, searching the air for an opponent.


I was estimating, I think we only managed to go one rounds worth of move before the perceptions kicked in, so thats the impression I have. BTW, Lanik is useing detect evil to point out enemy locations

Dark Archive

"We are discovered!" an icy female voice echoes down the cave. "Kill that little b+@&@ first - she is their healer!" A figure stands up and nocks an arrow on her long bow. Eerie green light floods her face and you recognize Zafina, while she calmly takes her aim.

Dark Archive

Those of you who haven't taken actions may do so now, and then I roll for initiative.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Out of desperation, Gilian hands flew up in a quick motion as she casts mage armor. Reaching deep into herself, she feels her body rend and blood flow down her eyes as the shimmering armor covers her.

AC=17 for the next two hours, Con = 13, HP=19

3,001 to 3,050 of 6,403 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.