Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


3,151 to 3,200 of 6,403 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

Ragnar's lips twitch upward in a mirthless smile. "Perhaps. It is true. In death I cannot harm you." He waves his hand, dismissing the magic binding Anvinder and Eyvinder to the mortal realm.

"But they can."

Ragnar takes a deep breath, and sighs.

"Careful now. You will learn now that you are dead that you no longer have the release of death to look forward to. What happens to you from this point on can last as long as you do. There are ways to harm, and even to heal, the soul itself. I happen to know such things. Do you?"

Intimidate 1d20+10 +10 Woeful Speech. 25 total.

Ragnar:
As one, three misty figures turn to the North. "We sense the call of our god. It is strong." And then they turn to the South. "And we sense the call of our Master. You do not wish to meet him, Northman. His will is not to be denied. But we will speak of you to him. Who knows, you may yet join our ranks. We will meet again, Deathspeaker..." And with those words spirits of the slain soldiers disperse.
Dark Archive

The fight ended. This time, no one amongst you died, but the enemies have combined their strength and it is just a matter of time before they return. You are weary beyond words. You have run to catch the demon, you swam through the icy waters of this strange underground realm with nightmarish inhabitants - and you are exhausted. You need to find a safe spot to rest. There is no way of knowing when will demon return, and with Zafina's aid, the battle with him will be even more dangerous.

Your condition is now Exhausted, except in the case of Sorok, of course, and Lanik.


Chops collapses against the wall of the cave, resting his back against the stone and cradles his arms on his knees. "We've defended this spot once I suppose, and we need rest badly. I think we should crash right here and hope a second attack doesn't come before tomorrow."


Solvistania walks over to Chops, and touches his cheek lightly, "You are right, of course. We need rest, and healing.". Seeing Gilian with signs of exhausting herself further, she cautions, "No need to risk killing yourself Gilian, I have energy left to spare for healing."

OK here are some rolls for healing from Solvi.
CLW #1 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
CLW #2 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
CLW #3 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
CLW #4 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
CLW #5 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Just let me know who gets the healing, so I can mark off SP.


Chops rubs her shoulder lightly. "Heal me last, please. If Sorok and the new guy need it, they should get dibs. After all, they're on watch," he chuckles.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Chops collapses against the wall of the cave, resting his back against the stone and cradles his arms on his knees. "We've defended this spot once I suppose, and we need rest badly. I think we should crash right here and hope a second attack doesn't come before tomorrow."

"I'm not fer stayin here. Our enemies are needin to recover themselves but they know where we are if we're te be restin. I can carry those who canno' move themselves and Gilians stone friend can be our forward scout."


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar steps away from the bodies and kneels down next to Solvistania and Gilian.

"The one they serve is to the south and has the capacity to pull the spirits of the dead to itself. That is all I could glean."


"Okay, but where shall we go? Pressing into new territory would be folly in our condition. Back to the entrance by the shore?"

I tend to miss things without visuals, but my understanding is that we swam across a big lake, went into a cave, followed it down and around a corner, found the dying thing. Kept going a bit then fought the demon. Then we got ambushed walking back to the shore. I don't think we have any real choice as to where to camp out for the meantime.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
Kratzee wrote:

"Okay, but where shall we go? Pressing into new territory would be folly in our condition. Back to the entrance by the shore?"

A few of us left our bedding back across the lake with Gillian's elemental. Sleeping here in the cold with open wounds surrounded by corpses is not a good plan. We should at least go to the water's edge and bathe.


"That's probably as good as we are going to get, hug Ragnar." Chops helps Solvistania up by the hand and then begins to search corpses for useful gear. "I hate this part, but, well..." shrugging his shoulders. "...survival."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

"Thanks again Solvi. We should more out of this place to find somewhere to rest. But whatever we do, we need to be in smaller quarters. We lack good distance fighters."

Dark Archive

I forgot, 100 XP everybody.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

"We need to find an enclosed area and yes we do need to bathe and clean our wounds. That demon is hurt bad. He's running hard and based on his past experiences with us he'll run a long way before he stops.

We've got the nexus to drain and destroy before they get to it, and we're being tracked. I say a good night's sleep'll go a long way to thinking clearly in the morning."

Dark Archive

Gilian:
Once again, the sense of dread fills you and you realize that Pebble is sending you his feelings. But soon after the dread comes a relief. Something changed.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

"Pebble is sending me something. I think he must have seen the demon or the other group coming back. Maybe Felina can tell us more. Let's go back to the edge of the water."

Dark Archive

As you proceed up the winding tunnel, the green glow starts to dim. A faint rumbling can be felt through the stone beneath your feet.

Dark Archive

Everybody, please roll d10

Dark Archive

Nevermind - I forgot that Anang is not available. I'm gonna roll.

Dark Archive

Guys, I need to know who was healed by Solvi, how much mana she has left and what is your marching order. Anang is at the front.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar's rear guard

1d10 ⇒ 5


Solvi and Felina are in front of Ragnar.

1d10 ⇒ 6


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilan has been healed by Solvi for full HP (one spell is enough).
She's just behind Sorok.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona's 3rd assuming 2 people with Darkvision ahead of her scouting

1d10 ⇒ 1


Chops will be up front. And he'll grab one of those 6 point heals if know one else does.

1d10 ⇒ 10


Lanik stays right in front of Ragnar. Lanik could use some healing.
1d10 ⇒ 5


Lanik Clearwater wrote:

Lanik stays right in front of Ragnar. Lanik could use some healing.

1d10

How many spells do you need?


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar's pretty beat up. He'll take a 9 and a 6. 15 points brings him exactly to full.

Dark Archive

Ragnar and Lanik, you are tied. Please roll again.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
Gilian wrote:
"Pebble is sending me something. I think he must have seen the demon or the other group coming back. Maybe Felina can tell us more. Let's go back to the edge of the water."

Moving ahead partial defensive covering Gilian. A.C. 22

1d10 ⇒ 4

Chops you should let Sorok take the lead on this one. You went down twice and are still fatigued if memmory serves. If you're over half health and you really want to you can take the lead, but otherwise you should stay behind me since you can easily cover the distance to our enemies and you can also help to cover Gilian as well.

Dark Archive

Remember that all of you except Lanik and Sorok are Exhausted.


I have taken 10 dmg, not a lot compared to to others but a lot for me and considering that demons got it out for me I would like to be at full.


Lanik Clearwater wrote:
I have taken 10 dmg, not a lot compared to to others but a lot for me and considering that demons got it out for me I would like to be at full.

you get 6 hp back, and Solvi is tapped out.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
nightflier wrote:
Remember that all of you except Lanik and Sorok are Exhausted.

Oh, Well in that case Sorok is definitely out in front.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

1d10 ⇒ 10

Dark Archive

Are everyone healed? How much spell points does Solvi have left?


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5
nightflier wrote:
Are everyone healed? How much spell points does Solvi have left?

She mentioned she was out


Sorok Hamfael wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Are everyone healed? How much spell points does Solvi have left?
She mentioned she was out

Unless the new trait is applicable now, she is out of SP, if she has the trait, she has 2 left.


Sorok Hamfael wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Remember that all of you except Lanik and Sorok are Exhausted.
Oh, Well in that case Sorok is definitely out in front.

Chops is too tired to argue :D


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
1d10

Ha ha ha now we're tied!!

Dark Archive

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Sorok Hamfael wrote:
nightflier wrote:
Are everyone healed? How much spell points does Solvi have left?
She mentioned she was out
Unless the new trait is applicable now, she is out of SP, if she has the trait, she has 2 left.

You are out, then.

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
1d10
Ha ha ha now we're tied!!

Yeah, but you are at the different ends of the line.

Dark Archive

A next round of combat will start in an hour or so. This encounter is partially designated to raise you to the third level, so it will be tough.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2
nightflier wrote:
A next round of combat will start in an hour or so. This encounter is partially designated to raise you to the third level, so it will be tough.

Yeah, because things aren't bad enough being exhausted, out of SP and trapped underground...


Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
nightflier wrote:
A next round of combat will start in an hour or so. This encounter is partially designated to raise you to the third level, so it will be tough.
Yeah, because things aren't bad enough being exhausted, out of SP and trapped underground...

Hopefully these conditions can be factored into the CR, because some of us have a ways to go before level three.

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:
nightflier wrote:
A next round of combat will start in an hour or so. This encounter is partially designated to raise you to the third level, so it will be tough.
Yeah, because things aren't bad enough being exhausted, out of SP and trapped underground...
Hopefully these conditions can be factored into the CR, because some of us have a ways to go before level three.

Exactly :)

Dark Archive

Ground beneath your feet shakes and stone turns soft, like mud. Suddenly, two enormous insects rise through the stone, one at the head of the party and other at the back. They are black in color, segmented and with many feet like centipedes, but they are covered with huge slabs of chitin-like armor and have large mandibles, dripping with what seems to be acid. The monster at the front unleashes a stream of acid at unsuspecting Sorok and Chops 5d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 4, 3) = 17 Reflex DC 14 for half and the one at the back for an instant almost seems like it is trying to decide whether to attack Ragnar or Lanik, but it finally decides that the gnome is easier target and surges at him, mandibles flashing and dripping with viscous stone-dissolving liquid. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 202d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 = 141d4 ⇒ 4


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Aaagh!! By the Mother, what's tha'?!
Reflex:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Exhausted is -6 to Str and Dex and this is pre-3rd trait, just to be sure I am rolling right.

Reflex 1d20 + 8 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 3 = 17

Despite his drooping shoulders and his exhausted expression, Chops manages to dive away from the bulk of the spewing acid. He takes a hit over his back and left side of his face, flesh melting and tattoos blending into a pattern unrecognizable from before. He merely grunts in pain, being too exhausted to howl.

Quickly composing himself, he shuffles up to the bug and kicks it in the face.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Stunning Fist DC 11


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

From behind Sorok shield, Gilian lashes out with her atharak

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar grits his teeth and swings his blade at the horror before him, hoping to dislodge lanik from it's grasp.

attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

damage 1d10 ⇒ 3

3,151 to 3,200 of 6,403 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.